• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Has everyone seen this yet?

Pretty interesting to say the least.

APEX 2015 is on January 30th, just to let anyone wondering know.
I've seen it now!

They're talking about having something be playtested/demoed at Apex. The way they said it, I don't think it has anything to do with Mewtwo, unfortunately. Sounds more like it'll be the first time people will get to play Splatoon, or Yoshi's Wooly World, or something. Mewtwo isn't a "game," he's a character in an existing game.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What's happening this Friday? Did I miss something?
Nintendo confirmed more Pokken Tournament information coming our way this Friday, so get excited! Mewtwo, considering his upcoming DLC and general popularity, seems like a perfect candidate to be revealed on Friday, assuming they do character reveals. I can't wait to see his in-game model!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nintendo confirmed more Pokken Tournament information coming our way this Friday, so get excited! Mewtwo, considering his upcoming DLC and general popularity, seems like a perfect candidate to be revealed on Friday, assuming they do character reveals. I can't wait to see his in-game model!
Nice! Didn't hear about that.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I've been wanting to post these all day! I think someone posted these, like, way back in November, but... I love these videos! They're so funny! And it's kind of amazing how it all worked out, considering he made all of them, except for the last one, without knowing what would happen during the 50-Fact Extravaganza.

September 18th 2014!

And then...

Ah man, I just love it! This is my headcanon.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't get excited over quips from announcers.
You do realize he's the host for, I believe, all 4 Smash games at Apex and will most likely be the one announcing it IF it is true. It's no surprise that he would be under an NDA, and considering his realization after saying it makes it seem entirely legit, if it is not then this is the best fricken acting I have ever seen in my life.

SirPulse

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirPulse
3DS FC
0490-6309-5461
i think were all just gonna have to face the fact that the new mewtwo is just going to be a lucario clone.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You do realize he's the host for, I believe, all 4 Smash games at Apex and will most likely be the one announcing it IF it is true. It's no surprise that he would be under an NDA, and considering his realization after saying it makes it seem entirely legit, if it is not then this is the best fricken acting I have ever seen in my life.
Only time will tell. I just like setting expectations low.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Only time will tell. I just like setting expectations low.
Yeah, you're right I'm setting expectations low but the amounting evidence shows that there will be a game at Apex, I'm confident that there will be but I expect something small, I could go so far as to say that I expect MM or Codename STEAM.

Edit: Did I forget to mention that Nintendo is sponsoring Apex 2015? :facepalm:

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
i think were all just gonna have to face the fact that the new mewtwo is just going to be a lucario clone.
I'm just curious, but what makes you think this? They have literally all the time they want to develop Mewtwo, he's so hyped that it would a marketing disaster if this were the case, and he wasn't anything like Lucario in his previous Melee iteration. It just isn't very logical for Nintendo to make Mewtwo a Lucario clone.

Or are you being sarcastic...?

C3CC

Smash Lord
I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MEWTWO.

I need to know if his awesome Neutral Air is back. If his awesome Shadow Ball is back (make it the strongest projectile in the entire game!). If his epic Up and Back throws (both in terms of animation and knockback) are back.

... If his awful dash attack was changed.

And many other things. What his charge animation looks like (since it was very simple in Melee). His battle entrance. EVERYTHING!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Irony: This man's Smash Wii U Main is the literal, extremely hated carbon copy clone.

So this is satire more than anything.

SirPulse

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirPulse
3DS FC
0490-6309-5461
Warning Received
I'm just curious, but what makes you think this? They have literally all the time they want to develop Mewtwo, he's so hyped that it would a marketing disaster if this were the case, and he wasn't anything like Lucario in his previous Melee iteration. It just isn't very logical for Nintendo to make Mewtwo a Lucario clone.

Or are you being sarcastic...?
oh dear lord, its happening

Dafuq? This piece of satire, coming from a Dark Pit main? HAHAHAHAHA! IRONIC! HAHAHAHAHA! Get out.
youre just maaaaaaaaaaad

Last edited by a moderator:

SirPulse

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirPulse
3DS FC
0490-6309-5461
Nope. You're either just a troll, or incredibly uninformed on anything smash. Also, it's "You're" not "youre" you fool.
at least you have good insight

You're 25? No offense, man, but those last three posts, including the lack of any punctuation whatsoever, makes you sound like you're 12.
hey im over it man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
I actually think clone characters are flavorful and cool, its like a twist on rivalry. The subtle differences are what makes the character interesting and Casuals never understand the differences between say, captain falcon and gannon in melee.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guys
Guys
Mewtwo thread
Flipnote 3D is happening
WE CAN MAKE ANIMATIONS OF MEGA SLAKING....SANDSLASH....Skarmory? Nintendo why do you never listen MEWTWO

*ahem*
So how has everyone been since I was gone?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I actually think clone characters are flavorful and cool, its like a twist on rivalry. The subtle differences are what makes the character interesting and Casuals never understand the differences between say, captain falcon and gannon in melee.
Sounds more like roster padding and misrepresentation to me. I wish Lucina fought more like Chrom instead of Marth. But eh. Whatever.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Sounds more like roster padding and misrepresentation to me. I wish Lucina fought more like Chrom instead of Marth. But eh. Whatever.
Well, Marth's sword and fighting style was passed down to his decendants, so technically Chrom and Lucina have a similar fighting style to his.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wait! Hold the phone! I think @ C3CC C3CC may have hit on a point we haven't discussed yet: Mewtwo's animations changing. Sure, we've talked about moves, but we haven't talked about what animations may be changing for returning moves. That seemed to be a bigger thing in 4 than in other games, such as Ganondorf's Dark Dive. One of the things I'd like to see:
Mewtwo folds one arm across his body and holds the other arm out to his side, palm-up, and charges up a Shadow Ball, instead of using his two-handed animation from Melee.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Wait! Hold the phone! I think @ C3CC C3CC may have hit on a point we haven't discussed yet: Mewtwo's animations changing. Sure, we've talked about moves, but we haven't talked about what animations may be changing for returning moves. That seemed to be a bigger thing in 4 than in other games, such as Ganondorf's Dark Dive. One of the things I'd like to see:
Mewtwo folds one arm across his body and holds the other arm out to his side, palm-up, and charges up a Shadow Ball, instead of using his two-handed animation from Melee.
I want Mewtwo to be a Mewtwo version of Robin. I hope that explains everything I want from new Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom