• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
MGS5 is just being a try hard. You can't top BERSERK. Like DDD it's already perfect. And all Kojima wants to do is make movies. Which is what MGS5 will end up being. An open world movie.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
MGS5 is just being a try hard. You can't top BERSERK. Like DDD it's already perfect. And all Kojima wants to do is make movies. Which is what MGS5 will end up being. An open world movie.
Oh lawd, the cutscenes in the Metal Gear series.
At least the game is still fun, even if you have to sit through hours of cutscenes before you can start playing again.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Oh lawd, the cutscenes in the Metal Gear series.
At least the game is still fun, even if you have to sit through hours of cutscenes before you can start playing again.
For games like that I just find an additional use for Youtube.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sure, I'll help out any way I can. While I didn't main Lucas, I did somewhat prefer him to Ness, whom I use semi-frequently in SSB4, so his absence is pretty noticeable to me. When do we start?
Lucas petition? Hell, I'm in, lead the way.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
funny thing about that. aura sphere. cracks ice types wide open. i can counter lots of **** with my mewtwo.
Right. At full health you'll only do roughly 60% damage to a healthy White Kyurem if you run Mewtwo Y. Meanwhile with Choice Specs one Draco is all it takes and you die if you don't have a ton of Sp. Def. Investment. If you don't run Mewtwo Y you'll probably do even less damage.

All depends on the build. Mewtwo will have the speed advantage but Sheer Power I think not in terms of White Kyurem.

If you ran Modest you couldn't even one shot White Kyurem. And that's with no Special Defense or HP investment. You'll do 80% tops.

1v1 to have a good chance of taking out W-Kyurem you would need to have decent investment in Special Defense. It's possible but against all the other threats in Uber tier skimping on Sp Attack and your awesome speed isn't worth it IMO.

Edit: I'm not saying Mewtwo is bad. Just that both Pokemon are really damn good.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Also do not use aura sphere against Kyurem. Psystrike will actually do more damage.

I did some calculations just for fun. If its a choice specs Kyurem-W...Dead. If you're doing life orb then it's a 37.5% chance to OHKO Mewtwo Y without investment. Regular Mewtwo is very likely to be dead with no special defense investment.

No matter what, Mewtwo can 2HKO an uninvested Kyruem-W with Aura Sphere, Psystrike, and Focus Blast. Most match-up Scenarios favor Kyurem-W. On the bright side, the beast is weak to stealth rock...

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I didn't mention anything about this, but on the topic of Pokemon metagames:

6 vs. 6 Singles

This is the metagame that Smogon holds up, but it's not officially supported anymore. 6 vs. 6 Singles also is not even close to balanced, and it's not meant to be, as the game balance does not take it into consideration as far as we can tell. I personally do not play 6 vs. 6 Singles seriously. In fact, I barely even play them for funsies.

Doubles is a far more diverse and balanced metagame, I think. Many Pokemon that break Singles are fine in Doubles or Triples. With that said, you don't always want to play Doubles or Triples, so...

I think the way Battle Spot handles Singles is much more fair: team of six, pick three with team preview. This keeps battles shorter (6 vs. 6 Singles can easily take 30-60 minutes for one battle versus a stall team), lessens the dominance of entry hazzards, and even allows you to run multiple Mega Pokemon "cores," if you so choose. Focus Sash and Choice Scarf become the most important items in the 3 vs. 3 Singles metagame, imo, and it keeps battles tense!

Smogon annoys the heck outta me for many reasons... but anytime they do something to rustle my jimmies (like banning stuff that ought not be banned), I just take a deep breath and remind myself that they are still playing 6 vs. 6 Singles. Of course they are going to look insane! They're trying to balance a metagame that is not seriously considered by the developers anymore. Yes, once upon a time 6 vs. 6 Singles was all there was. It's tradition, so it's natural that people want to play that way, and that's fine. But Pokemon as a game has evolved, just like the Pokemon. You can no longer tie the metagame down in Generation 6 by the same rules that defined Generation 1, 2 and 3. Well, you can, but you're fighting against change itself instead of looking for newer ways to play.

TL;DR lol Smogon those poor ****ers

Igzex

Oh almost forgot to calculate Mewtwo X's Low Kick vs Kyurem-W. Guaranteed OHKO without a good deal of investment to protect Kyurem's balls. Hmmm an actual use for that form of Mewtwo...

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
idek why ur concerned about kyu w in ubers tbh, you cover it by covering palkia for the most part

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Oh almost forgot to calculate Mewtwo X's Low Kick vs Kyurem-W. Guaranteed OHKO without a good deal of investment to protect Kyurem's balls. Hmmm an actual use for that form of Mewtwo...
Yep. That weight.

And yeah Smogon has a crap community honestly. I only visit Smogon for Pokemon builds as a guideline.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well, I built my team for the tournament.

It consists of Sharpedo, Sableye, Alakazam, Aggron, Latias and right now I have Exploud as a placeholder but I'm thinking of replacing it with a bulky Gyarados instead. Invest in HP and Def and give it a Rocky Helmet, Thunder Wave and Taunt; this is because I'm afraid of Blaziken.
Sharpedo and Aggron are holding their respective Mega Stones, it may seem a waste but this is because there are times where I need Mega Aggron instead of Mega Sharpedo. Latias has healing wish so it probably has good synergy for healing Aggron and Gyarados.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
For the Battle of Hoenn tourney I don't have a serious team. Just a stage Hazard Skarmory, a Yolo Choice Band Head Smash Aggron and a Megamence that is well rounded in stats meaning he wasn't really EV trained proper.

I'll see how many guys I can beat but I only really entered for the entry prize.

This will also be my first Pokemon tournament ever.

I'd be more serious if I could use Pokemon I like. I'd use Machamp but it's from Black and White which isn't allowed and I can't be bothered to build another one.

Igzex

I have a lot of 5-6 perfect IV Pokemon with well planned movesets but I don't really have a unified team. Well, besides my AG 6 Klefkis.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Sweet. Tyrantrum is my favorite gen VI Pokemon, so about time he got this. Did Dragalgae or however the hell you spell it ever get his?
Yes Skrelp can be caught through Dexnav in Omega Ruby(Exclusive). By continuing to Dexnav spawn the Pokemon it can have it's hidden ability. Adaptability. It's awesome. Especially with Choice Specs Sludge Wave/Draco Meteor.

Edit: When I acquire and breed the Tyrunt I can get you one if you want.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Whatever floats your boat. Powersavers and Cloners really diminishes the value of Pokemon Trading IMO.
I don't really trade with anyone other my friends, who know full well my Pokemon are t3h 133t h4xx0r3d.

Really, the only reason I used Action replay in Gen IV, PokeGen in Gen V, and Powersaves this gen is because I'm not going to play ball with Gamefreak's stupid concepts like IVs. Yeah, they're easier to alter this time around, but I really don't like riding my bike around for ten minutes just to get a useless 'mon. Even Wizardry, one of the very first RPGs ever, stopped using random stat points decades ago because absolutely no one liked them.

Masuda's ridiculous stance on them shows that they're probably never going either.
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-12/11/pokemon-interview

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
That is rather annoying I agree. But when you want to trade for something it is usually asking for "6 IV Battle Ready Shiny Pokemon".

Gets old after a while.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I'm with you there. That's a huge pain in the *** when all you want is a HA Pokemon you missed in Gen V or something.
That's why the only trades I do nowadays is Giveaway topics on Gamefaqs. I basically breed my own Pokemon because if you want it done right you have to do it yourself. But Event Pokemon? You're probably screwed.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I had to do some unscrupulous things to get my hands on a Soundproof Bouffalant...

As a general rule, however, I don't cheat my Pokémon. I actually enjoy IV breeding in Gen 6, since they made it so easy. It helps me place a value on those Pokémon. Like, yes, I just spent two hours breeding, EV training, and leveling this Pokémon to 50. It makes me proud to own them.

Now, getting a 5IV perfect Timid Unnerve MALE Pyroar? That was maddening. Never again. But man, I was so happy when it finally happened.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Well I love my Druddigon. Perfect 5 IV. Flawed Speed Stat. Life Force set with Sucker Punch, Fire Punch, Iron Head, Gunk Shot.

EV spread of 252 HP/Attack and 6 Points in Sp.Def.

Total Lvl 50 stats being:

184 HP
189 Attack
110 Defense
80 Sp. Attack
111 Sp. Defense
47 Speed

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Has everyone seen this yet?

Pretty interesting to say the least.

APEX 2015 is on January 30th, just to let anyone wondering know.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Has everyone seen this yet?

Pretty interesting to say the least.

APEX 2015 is on January 30th, just to let anyone wondering know.
Yep, we've seen it. Or, at least, I have, and I'm super excited! I honestly think we might get Mewtwo gameplay, so that alone hypes me up, but we might also get Splatoon or Pokken Tournament, both of which excite me! Speaking of Pokken Tournament, I think we might just get a Mewtwo reveal this Friday, so that's awesome!
I just can't seem to get enough Mewtwo, apparently.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yep, we've seen it. Or, at least, I have, and I'm super excited! I honestly think we might get Mewtwo gameplay, so that alone hypes me up, but we might also get Splatoon or Pokken Tournament, both of which excite me! Speaking of Pokken Tournament, I think we might just get a Mewtwo reveal this Friday, so that's awesome!
I just can't seem to get enough Mewtwo, apparently.
What's happening this Friday? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom