• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And apparently Ash and co. have forgotten all about their multiple encounters with the original (pre-sex change) Mewtwo... So... Yeah... Pokémon logic is even worse when it comes to the anime...
Didn't their memories get wiped?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not in Returns.
Ah, I haven't seen Returns since it came out.
Maybe they just didn't want to bring the old Mewtwo up becuase the new one would feel crap about itself.

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
OK, now that we've all agreed on how crappy Femtwo and its voice are let's speculate on whether or not the inclusion of Mewtwo will bring any additional content other than a new fighter. I know that they'll most definitely have to include new trophies and completion clips for Mewtwo but what about new events, challenges, or even a new or returning Pokémon stage to battle on?

Oh, and speaking of voices who do you all want to voice Mewtwo in SSB4?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm not holding out for new challenges or events. At best I see Mewtwo being put in Classic and All-Star mode.
I would like to see Saffron City return with Mewtwo, but again I'm not placing my hopes up high.
As for voice, I just want him to sound intimidating. I wouldn't mind if his Melee voice clips were just ripped, although Sakurai mentioning the difficulty of porting Melee's data makes that seem unlikely.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
I feel like this thread does a complete 360° every six pages or so.
Oh, well we can go back to dissing Femtwo if you want. I was just trying to keep the conversation going. I just want to keep the hype train in motion while we're waiting on our glorious DLC.

Last edited:

Spirst

No no, carry on. I just find it amusing this thread basically cycles in:

-Femtwo hate
-"Will Mewtwo have any other content?"
-"Who will voice Mewtwo?"
-"Mewtwo is coming soon, guys."
-"What will Mewtwo's moveset be like?"
-Random unrelated pictures/videos

Understandable though since there's only so much we can talk about with the information we have.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I can't wait to unleash the combined power of Miirium Pultro and Mewtwo who will no doubt be the great Femtwo.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
I forgot to add me picking on Igzex as part of the thread cycle.
Oh, well I guess I don't have to read through the 370+ pages to get caught up now. Thanks! So... Where what part of the cycle were we at?...

Spirst

Presently, we were about to go into the "Will Mewtwo have any other content?/Who will voice Mewtwo?" part but that got steered away by the tangent we're on now. Looks like it's anyone's game at the moment.

Mewtwo boards are a weird place and the character isn't even out yet, I love it.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Presently, we were about to go into the "Will Mewtwo have any other content?/Who will voice Mewtwo?" part but that got steered away by the tangent we're on now. Looks like it's anyone's game at the moment.

Mewtwo boards are a weird place and the character isn't even out yet, I love it.
How about we post random Mewtwo memes? I'll start:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice

Well, here's some anime math for you guys since we're doing random memes now.

And also, goodnight guys. I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow. :ness::mewtwomelee::150::tired:

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Time to meme mix things up.

"Mewtwo shouldn't be added because there are too many Pokémon already. Sakurai should of given another rep to a more worthy franchise like Super Mario."

D

Deleted member

Time to meme tip the scales!

"Mewtwo is a waste of a DLC slot! We could've had so many better reps added to the fray! Goomba! Tingle! Young Link! Louie! Shadow! Riolu! Magikarp! Mewtwo is a waste of a slot and Nester better fits the bill for DLC!"

Last edited by a moderator:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
[/QUOTE]
Time to meme tip the scales!

"Mewtwo is a waste of a DLC slot! We could've had so many better reps added to the fray! Goomba! Tingle! Young Link! Louie! Shadow! Riolu! Magikarp! Mewtwo is a waste of a slot and Nester better fit the bill for DLC!"
"WHERES GOKU?"

Insert Mewtwo Y and Buu joke here

Last edited:

Igzex

Mewtwo shouldn't come back it was bottom tier in Melee what's the point? No I don't play any other fighting games why do you ask?

Mewtwo would just be another Lucario! No I have not played Melee why do you ask?

Mewtwo shouldn't have been DLC his fans are annoying jerks and don't deserve him. No I do not sense any irony in what I am posting why do you ask?

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Mewtwo shouldn't come back it was bottom tier in Melee what's the point? No I don't play any other fighting games why do you ask?

Mewtwo would just be another Lucario! No I have not played Melee why do you ask?

Mewtwo shouldn't have been DLC his fans are annoying jerks and don't deserve him. No I do not sense any irony in what I am posting why do you ask?
Yes I know what i'm talking about!
I saw Mewtwo use Lucario's moves in a brawl mod!
"Do you mean project M?"
No, I got the mod ages ago but for some reason it doesn't let me play as Lucario.
AND I saw a Melee match with Mewtwo and he DEFINTALY used Aura sphere.

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Enter: [Melee Hell | LoveGame]

Hahaha why would you even main a low tier like Mewtwo. He doesn't even have a shine. Do you know what a Shine is? It comes out on the first frame. If you'll excuse me, I need to go practice my #20XX. No sense in using a suboptimal character!

Igzex

I am pretty sure too that someone who'd gloat like that would get bodied by a top professional using a low tier character in pools.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So... We're insulting our favorite character now...?*Puts on whiny 8-year old voice*
Lucario and Greninja could both be the crap of Mewtwo without even trying! Mewtwo is old news, he's irrelevant! He was introduced in Generation 1! That was the first one! We're on, like, Generation 11 now! Lucario and Greninja are both really recent and way cooler and more powerful! Mewtwo would just be another clone! You're stupid!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The lack of info drives everyone insane.

Watch as this sub forum explodes when and/or if it's voice is confirmed.

Or a release date.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
It's really weird how the thead was really slow until post-E3 2014 and ended up going up around 6 pages a day nearing the 3DS release.
But once Mewtwo was confirmed its slowed back down.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's really weird how the thead was really slow until post-E3 2014 and ended up going up around 6 pages a day nearing the 3DS release.
But once Mewtwo was confirmed its slowed back down.
It's probably because we've talked about everything we can possibly talk about for Mewtwo. I can guarantee you if we got even a little information, the post count per day would skyrocket.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's probably because we've talked about everything we can possibly talk about for Mewtwo. I can guarantee you if we got even a little information, the post count per day would skyrocket.
Indeed, this would also explain my absence in this forum. While I am a huge fan of Mewtwo (dur...) there is only so much that can be said. I keep looming around looking for something new to discuss...but sadly, it just isn't so. ...or at least, not at the time.

...this brings back memories. xD

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Indeed, this would also explain my absence in this forum. While I am a huge fan of Mewtwo (dur...) there is only so much that can be said. I keep looming around looking for something new to discuss...but sadly, it just isn't so. ...or at least, not at the time.

...this brings back memories. xD
Funny thing is, the first four made it in. A shame Ridley got rejected brutally.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Funny thing is, the first four made it in. A shame Ridley got rejected brutally.
I still have hope for Ridley. His being a stage boss shouldn't exclude him from DLC, just as Mario's and Link's presence didn't prevent Dr. Mario and Toon/Young Link from joining, respectively. Until then, I guess I'll have to settle for a customized Bowser.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
xD Haha....wow, you're right. That's pretty funny. You don't suppose it was...intended? o.o Nahhh...
(Btw, Mewtwo is a cheat. xD)
Probably to chime in on Gematsu for the first 3. Mewtwo we still dunno why.

I still have hope for Ridley. His being a stage boss shouldn't exclude him from DLC, just as Mario's and Link's presence didn't prevent Dr. Mario and Toon/Young Link from joining, respectively. Until then, I guess I'll have to settle for a customized Bowser.
You do remember that Sakurai said while he's aware of Ridley's roaring demand, he dislikes the idea of resizing Ridley due to "characterization issues"?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You do remember that Sakurai said while he's aware of Ridley's roaring demand, he dislikes the idea of resizing Ridley due to "characterization issues"?
I've never read or heard of that, but it definently sounds like Sakurai. "Characterization Issues" my butt. Bowser is regularly ~4 times the size of Mario in his games, and I still find Bowser just as in character. Size should present no problem, especially with the new size differences. >_< I love Sakurai, but sometimes I question his thought process...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've never read or heard of that, butting definently sounds like Sakurai. "Characterization Issues" my butt. Bowser is regularly ~4 times the size of Mario in his games, and I still find Bowser just as in character. Size should present no problem, especially with the new size differences. >_< I love Sakurai, but sometimes I question his thought process...
Sakurai said:
“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer,” Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. “It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

“Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the correct way, and have it feel like a truly threatening presence,” Sakurai explained. “There are other icons, too, like Metal Face and the Yellow Devil, which help effectively portray each of their world settings. They go a long way toward deepening the game world, and I think it’s been fun to experiment with.”

(Source)
Don't worry, you won't be the first to find the reasoning flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom