• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Guys there is one newcomer who hasn't been revealed...Duck Hunt Dog and dhd has similar feet to Mewtwo so what do you think about these 2 in a trailer in like the December or February direct?
Feet? I guess so..? Mewtwo's feet don't look like dogs feet to me. I would rather see Mewtwo in his own trailer. If not, then I'd like to see him with Ness (who's also a psychic) and Ganondorf. Kind of a dark/psychic theme. Maybe even have it in Pyrosphere and have Ridlley in the background.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
It could show a sillohette of the feet and then bam reveal dhd and a laugh is heard and Mewtwo strikes back!Holding a spoon and smacks the dog!Lucario jumps out and roars and aura is swelling around him where he then Mega Evolves.Mewtwo megas to Y and then both charge up aura sphere and shadow ball...They collide for a GIANT explosion!All you see is dust and the trailer ends.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Another possible palette for Mewtwo is a Deoxys color scheme, in which his skin is safety orange and his tail is light blue.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Guys there is one newcomer who hasn't been revealed...Duck Hunt Dog and dhd has similar feet to Mewtwo so what do you think about these 2 in a trailer in like the December or February direct?
I genuinely thought the reveal at the end of the direct was Duck Hunt. I didn't recognise that the feet are feline and not canine until my brother pointed it out to me. ;P

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
mewtwos victory poses should be the same from melee (although it should speak japanese like it does in the japanese versions)
"Watashi wa naze koto ni irukana...?" ("why am i here....?")
"Watashi wa makeru wake niwa ikanai!" ("I cannot lose!")
yes they should use the same actor from melee.... because not only was he mewtwos voice in melee... but also the japanese first movie as well!
also....... its up taunt can be the melee taunt.
its side taunt could be its poke ball appearance animation ( from the pokemon stadium games) while its cry is emitted.
like so:
http://youtu.be/WWZ-tJQ2kzM?t=9m14s
and its down taunt could be it bending a spoon with its mind!

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Ideas for specials and custom variants:

Standard Special: Shadow Ball- exactly the same as in melee.
Custom Special 1: Aura Sphere- works just likes Lucario's but the power only peaks to 100% damage
Custom Special 2: Energy Ball- projectile that steals health like Robin's Nosfaratu.

Side Special: Psycho Cut- laucnhes a short range energy boomerang that deals medium damage and knockback. Can KO at 120% or higher.
Custom Side Special 1: Psycho Shredder- causes multi-hit damage to opponents. Goes farther but deals less damage.
Custom Side Special 2: Psy Blade- Mewtwo puts a Cresent shaped energy blade in front of him while dashing foward. Does slight more damage.

Down Special: Barrier- puts a force feild in front of Mewtwo to reflect projectiles.
Custom Down Special 1: Absorb- Works just like Ness's Down Special.
Custom Down Special 2: Mirror Coat- instead of reflecting, Mewtwo shoots a beam after countering the projectile.

Up Special: Teleport- Works just like Melee.
Custom Up Special 1: Agility- can teleport twice in a row.
Custom Up Special 2: Future Sight- when teleporting to the other side Mewtwo inflicts decent damage and Knockback. distance is gradually reduced.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo will be put up for regular sale eventually after the promotion ends, but how long do you think it will take?

I hope he DOES get put up, though. I don't want him to be in a Jill Valentine/Shuma-Gorath* situation.

Disney burned all bridges with Capcom after they bought out Marvel. As part of that, MvC2, MvC3, and all related DLC were deleted from online stores.

Because of that, UMvC3 DLC characters Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath are banned in all tournaments because they're lost forever to all new players or setups; that means, 1, it would be increasingly difficult to find one that already had them to play a tournament on, and 2, players that didn't already have them can't train against them.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hey guys, I don't know if all of you have seen this series or not...but I seriously think you should give it a look...especially due to the circumstances that were just laid upon us. <3
and finally...

So...touching. <3

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
So, my hall here just did some pumpkin carving, and we lined 'em up outside.

So, can you guess what I did?

10590471_786750514722220_6620992058919314073_n.jpg

WHO'S THAT PUMPKIN!??!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I never personally played Mewtwo (I would have if my Wii didn't break ) but that never meant I wanted him to get the cut :'(
his cut was never justified like Lucas and Wolf and it hurt to see these two both share the similar move to shadow ball.
But my god did the Flood gates open when he came back (My tears) (and the DLC) I was so freaking happy because now I can attempt to main the legendary hopefully these three can join him :')
:popo::lucas::wolf:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Hey guys, I don't know if all of you have seen this series or not...but I seriously think you should give it a look...especially due to the circumstances that were just laid upon us. <3
and finally...

So...touching. <3
I saw the first one but didn't know there were other parts. This is so good :'(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are some ideas for spoon Mewtwo.

How to activate? it should be a custom special, for now, let's go with N-B's Custom 2.

How it will work? Mewtwo uses, say... N-B Custom 2, he will proceed to pull out the spoon, and once this happens his gameplay changes drastically, his entire moveset getting an overhaul, even other specials...

How he will play? Mewtwo (W/Spoon) will play as a somewhat slower, yet more combo orientated spoonfighter (Sm4sh Ike mains should be fimiliar with this type of gameplay) The gimmick is that whenever Mewtwo attacks, he can hit with the spoon, but while doing so, an energy wave or pulse will come from the spoon, this is where the star wand similarities come in, The physical spoon will deal more damage and knockback, whereas the special hitboxes are much weaker in scale but can still effectively kill unlike the Star wand, the special hitboxes also have two advantages though that the physical spoon doesn't:

1.depending on the attack, if you press A or B at the right given period of time, (you will flash/glow blue whenever you can press it) (button inputs vary between A and B depending on wether move is a normal attack or special) your wave will get stronger.

There are 5 variations of the wave, with C standing for Charge

C1 - a pure white wave (no input) normal dmg (damage)/KB (knockback)
C2 - a slightly darker and bigger white wave (18-22 frames into glowing) +.5 dmg/normal KB
C3 - a bluish-white wave (14-17 frames into glowing) +2 dmg/slightly increased KB
C4 - a light blue wave (11-13 frames into glowing) +5dmg/noticeably increased KB
C5 - a blue wave (1-10 frames into glowing) +10dmg/drastically increased KB (sometimes stronger than the physical spoon) (notice a pattern?)

and what i mean by number - number frames into glowing is that the longest amount of time you can boost your power is for 22 frames, but the wave and the hitbox of the spoon don't immediately come out, so when i say into glowing basically means the moment Mewtwo does begin to glow, which can vary for each move, depending on when you press the button in that period will determine what damage it deals. But don't worry, during the 1-10 frame period, Mewtwo will glow blue, then as each frame limit approaches, Mewtwo will flash the color of the wave that he will deal if the button is pressed at that period, (blue, then light blue, then bluish-white, then a darker and bigger white, and then no flash due to no input) this rule applies to all of the waves except C1, as there you aren't inputting anything and as a result, you wont flash at all.

Additionally, if you button mash during an attack regardless of when you started mashing you will always use a C1 wave.
--
2. The waves are better for long-ranged combos and spacing:
This one is self explanatory. combine both of these boost and the physical spoon to due massive damage
--
Handicaps

Also, the spoon can be thrown for 12% like an item, then it will instantly disappear and cannot be reused until about 10 seconds, or alternatively, if you use over 13 attacks and excessively spam, the spoon will shatter and you will have to wait 12 seconds to use another one. Also, like mentioned before, you get much slower since you have to tote the spoon, this decreases Attacking Speeds, Rolling/Dodging speed, Air Speeds, Running speeds, and even Grab speeds. while also decreases jump height.
--
Extra

Mewtwo will attack with his spoon like a swordfighter only with a Mewtwo touch, also despite not being able to grab with the grab button, you can grab with the spoon by shielding then pressing attack, and Mewtwo comes with it's own unique spoon pummels/throws.
--
And this is all for one Custom Special...
Now that's the true power of hype.
---
This took about 2 hours to make.

Last edited by a moderator:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Disney burned all bridges with Capcom after they bought out Marvel. As part of that, MvC2, MvC3, and all related DLC were deleted from online stores.

Because of that, UMvC3 DLC characters Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath are banned in all tournaments because they're lost forever to all new players or setups; that means, 1, it would be increasingly difficult to find one that already had them to play a tournament on, and 2, players that didn't already have them can't train against them.
Aside from Wreck It Ralph and Big Hero 6, I have a reason to hate Disney again...

Maybe they will add him as a free patch few months after the promotion ends kinda like what Namco did with Ogre, Angel, and Kunimitsu for TTT2.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
I never personally played Mewtwo (I would have if my Wii didn't break ) but that never meant I wanted him to get the cut :'(
his cut was never justified like Lucas and Wolf and it hurt to see these two both share the similar move to shadow ball.
But my god did the Flood gates open when he came back (My tears) (and the DLC) I was so freaking happy because now I can attempt to main the legendary hopefully these three can join him :')
This was perfectly said! @ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 !

Although I never personally played as Mewtwo, it was more than appropriate to have him in the Smash Bros series. Like c'mon, he's MEWTWO!

And now that he is in it gives so much hope for other "fallen" characters to come back as well!

Congrats to the all the Mewtwo fans out there. After having faith, loosing it, and then getting this confirmation he deserved to be back ^.^

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo will be put up for regular sale eventually after the promotion ends, but how long do you think it will take?

I hope he DOES get put up, though. I don't want him to be in a Jill Valentine/Shuma-Gorath* situation.
I don't play UMVC3 anymore, but hey, still got the DLC.

A shame they are banned now. I loved watching Angelic's Shuma matches.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

Although I never personally played as Mewtwo, it was more than appropriate to have him in the Smash Bros series. Like c'mon, he's MEWTWO!

And now that he is in it gives so much hope for other "fallen" characters to come back as well!

Congrats to the all the Mewtwo fans out there. After having faith, loosing it, and then getting this confirmation he deserved to be back ^.^
I thought he had the whole character move-set going for him, He's a psychic type, A legendary and can lift things with his mind :)
It's exactly like how I want:ivysaur: Ivysaur back because again his original move-set, the grass-poison type ad the fact he is the first and only Pokémon in smash to walk on all fours :')

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't play UMVC3 anymore, but hey, still got the DLC.

A shame they are banned now. I loved watching Angelic's Shuma matches.
That's why I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Mewtwo. In a game balanced like this, there are going to be a lot of people who make him look amazing. And I don't want all the training I'll do as him to go to waste (The same reason I dropped him in P:M when I thought he didn't have a chance of returning anymore. I feel silly about that now, though.).

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Lucina says "I cannot lose" though.

I think Mewtwo would be more likely to say single words like "Fools" or "Pathetic". He'd be straight and to the point.
Sorry for the somewhat late reply. I've been out since awhile ago.
I know that Lucina said "I cannot lose," but Mewtwo said it in Melee, if only in Japanese, and he appeared first. Plus, it's just a really cool quote, particularly for someone of Mewtwo's power and status.
I definently see where you're coming from with Mewtwo being straight and to the point, and I actually considered that line when selecting his Victory Poses, but I decided against it because it was a rather generic line that could be used for any Victory Pose. Adding the "you're" makes it more direct and less generic. It also adds more spite and hate into the line, or it so it seems to me, at least. Mewtwo would not only try to be short and to the point, I think he would also try to make his words as direct and put as much bite in them as possible. He just seems like that kind of guy.
and finally...

So...touching. <3
This looks like it's definently worth watching! I watch it when I get the time. Thanks for posting it.
So, my hall here just did some pumpkin carving, and we lined 'em up outside.

So, can you guess what I did?

View attachment 28246
WHO'S THAT PUMPKIN!??!
This is literally the best pumpkin carving I've ever seen. I love it!

I'm positive he will. The trailer said "register both versions of the game and get Mewtwo for free," implying you can get him paid later on.

Thank you!
Did you get that Mewtwo Stock Icon by typing in the code for it, or by copy-pasting it? It looks really cool!

Phew! Glad I replied to all these. This is why I hate leaving the Boards for more than a few hours:p.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm so happy that Mewtwo is back that I'm going to change my Melee main to Mewtwo even if I no longer have the game so I can't play it anymore!
:mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee:

Edit: New signature as well, haven't been so hyped for a character since Greninja. Thats ironic.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's amazing how much Mewtwo changed in mere hours compared to any other character besides Robin/Lucina.

Truly a Smash 4 milestone.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Sorry for the somewhat late reply. I've been out since awhile ago.
I know that Lucina said "I cannot lose," but Mewtwo said it in Melee, if only in Japanese, and he appeared first. Plus, it's just a really cool quote, particularly for someone of Mewtwo's power and status.
I definently see where you're coming from with Mewtwo being straight and to the point, and I actually considered that line when selecting his Victory Poses, but I decided against it because it was a rather generic line that could be used for any Victory Pose. Adding the "you're" makes it more direct and less generic. It also adds more spite and hate into the line, or it so it seems to me, at least. Mewtwo would not only try to be short and to the point, I think he would also try to make his words as direct and put as much bite in them as possible. He just seems like that kind of guy.

This looks like it's definently worth watching! I watch it when I get the time. Thanks for posting it.

This is literally the best pumpkin carving I've ever seen. I love it!

I'm positive he will. The trailer said "register both versions of the game and get Mewtwo for free," implying you can get him paid later on.

Thank you!

Did you get that Mewtwo Stock Icon by typing in the code for it, or by copy-pasting it? It looks really cool!

Phew! Glad I replied to all these. This is why I hate leaving the Boards for more than a few hours:p.
Copy and pasting of course ;)
:mewtwomelee::mewtwopm:

I just noticed every generation of Mewtwo get's higher XD
Can't wait for his actual render art Wonder if it will be like the trophy ? If not.....Two Mewtwo Trophies on 3DS Hype :D

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I wonder how long it'll be before the shipping starts.

Come to think of it, I should probably check FF.net again out of vile curiosity.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm really sorry for sounding like a total n00b, but what do you mean by "Mewtwo changed?"
Mewtwo changed everything. The hopes of DLC, the proof of characters being able to return, to some extent Sakurai listening to worldwide support...

And I say besides Robin and Lucina because they destroyed Gematsu. Mewtwo's appearance and proving of the points mentioned above rivals that in sheer scale in my eyes.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo changed everything. The hopes of DLC, the proof of characters being able to return, to some extent Sakurai listening to worldwide support...

And I say besides Robin and Lucina because they destroyed Gematsu. Mewtwo's appearance and proving of the points mentioned above rivals that in sheer scale in my eyes.
To think...before Mewtwo was announced...I thought Sakurai was a total loon. >.>

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
To think...before Mewtwo was announced...I thought Sakurai was a total loon. >.>
Well, you weren't totally wrong, assuming Nintendo still sticks to their standards. Mewtwo must have been added as an afterthought, since Nintendo doesn't think about DLC until after the main game is complete, according to an official statement they made. So, Mewtwo couldn't make the final cut for the main roster, but was instead added after the game was complete. That, and the fact Ridley didn't make it, even as DLC, and likely won't due to his status as a Stage Boss. That's still pretty crazy if you ask me, considering their high demand.
But, the important thing is that Mewtwo made it into the game, which is a huge gift in and of itself :chuckle:.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

Well he kind of told us characters could return:4drmario: But Mewtwo
confirmed it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom