• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I know I'm late to the party, and it's been forever since I was on here in general, but I can't explain the faces and noises I made when I saw the wireframe Mewtwo feet as it panned to his tail and eventually the full body shot. Very special moment in my life.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I can't wait to see what Sakurai says about Mewtwo in the next issue of Famitsu. I really want to know the story behind his late inclusion into the game.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
SO HYPED YOU DONT EVEN KNOW....

But seriously Sakurai I swear to god if you change his moveset at all...

I don't care if you change his floatiness and speed, but PLEASE do not remove any of his Melee moves...
:c

(Low tier characters FTW?)

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
SO HYPED YOU DONT EVEN KNOW....

But seriously Sakurai I swear to god if you change his moveset at all...

I don't care if you change his floatiness and speed, but PLEASE do not remove any of his Melee moves...
:c

(Low tier characters FTW?)
I think a few changes would be nice. Very select changes such as his down smash. He needs one that hits both sides. And I feel like his dash attack could be a little cooler/better. I was also never a huge fan of Confusion and Disable. They're a cool concept but so difficult to land that it makes them largely impractical. At least, in my experience it does.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think a few changes would be nice. Very select changes such as his down smash. He needs one that hits both sides. And I feel like his dash attack could be a little cooler/better. I was also never a huge fan of Confusion and Disable. They're a cool concept but so difficult to land that it makes them largely impractical. At least, in my experience it does.
I actually like his D-smash! XD It's so strong! Anyways...I believe some minor touch-ups that allow his moves to be wayyyy more useful are something to take in to consideration when it comes to Sakurai and his team.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Confusion should actually change ownership of projectiles, not just turn them around. I think also maybe making it more like a weaker throw would work, like say have it so you can move the control stick and place opponents in the desired direction. This would allow it to be used as a throw while in the air.
Disable could be improved by increasing its range and making it work when facing your opponents back.
I think his down smash looks cool, but it needs to sped up for it to become useful. His down tilt hits both sides so maybe a new DSmash could be a stronger version of that, or his Dtilt and Dsmash could be swapped around.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think it would be hilarious if Wireframe Mewtwo was an alt just because of the video starting with wireframes.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I actually like his D-smash! XD It's so strong! Anyways...I believe some minor touch-ups that allow his moves to be wayyyy more useful are something to take in to consideration when it comes to Sakurai and his team.
I agree with you all the way on his D-Smash. I honestly never understood the hate behind it. I mean, sure, it only hits on one side, but it makes up for by being really powerful. That, and it looks cool and makes Mewtwo more unique. I could settle for his D-Tilt hitting on both sides, but I honestly don't see any real point in it. As Project M shows, Mewtwo does not need to have an attack that hits on both sides in order to be a good fighter.

Also, I firmly remain in the group that says Disable need not be removed, only fixed up some.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I agree with you all the way on his D-Smash. I honestly never understood the hate behind it. I mean, sure, it only hits on one side, but it makes up for by being really powerful. That, and it looks cool and makes Mewtwo more unique. I could settle for his D-Tilt hitting on both sides, but I honestly don't see any real point in it. As Project M shows, Mewtwo does not need to have an attack that hits on both sides in order to be a good fighter.

Also, I firmly remain in the group that says Disable need not be removed, only fixed up some.
<3
Yup. It just needs a slight range buff and the ability to stun from any direction. (Btw, I love using the D-smash once I've stunned them. xD It feels SO GOOD.)

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
D-smash imo should have more crowd control area. Only hitting one side despite its cool appearance just doesn't cut it.

EDIT: in this game where rolling has become a cushion pillow approach & disengage, I'd like a Smash move that covers both sides so I can read that roll & punish it, instead of having to turn around & super-read it with a different smash move.

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908

I also love its appearance and the sheer power behind it. But I've whiffed it so many times by not facing the right direction that it really bothers me

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
D-smash imo should have more crowd control area. Only hitting one side despite its cool appearance just doesn't cut it.

EDIT: in this game where rolling has become a cushion pillow approach & disengage, I'd like a Smash move that covers both sides so I can read that roll & punish it, instead of having to turn around & super-read it with a different smash move.
Hey, y'know what? Doesn't his U-Smash hit on both sides? And not only that, but on both sides at the same time, and it has an extended-time hitbox, to boot! That should make up for his D-Smash only hitting on one side, especially considering the damage potential of that move. I know it might take some getting used to since most people default to a D-Smash on instinct, but once you get in the habit, I think it'll serve its purpose well.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hey, y'know what? Doesn't his U-Smash hit on both sides? And not only that, but on both sides at the same time, and it has an extended-time hitbox, to boot! That should make up for his D-Smash only hitting on one side, especially considering the damage potential of that move. I know it might take some getting used to since most people default to a D-Smash on instinct, but once you get in the habit, I think it'll serve its purpose well.
Good call!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
U-smash from Melee? No, it didn't hit both sides, unless you mean when Mewtwo's hurt-box was involved, then yeah it hit both sides. If you tell me to use U-smash for tall characters I can understand, but what if a tiny character like these roll around me?
:4olimar::4ness::4villager::4diddy::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4gaw:
Jigglypuff players are already aware they can just crouch a plethora of moves & punish the whiffed move with REST. I'd like a low-grounded hitting Smash move that covers both sides of Mewtwo is all. I don't want to use U-smash whether it's Hyphened or not to read a roll.:ohwell:

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mewtwo's USmash was absolute crap. It will need some serious buffs, like actually trapping opponents.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Mewtwo's USmash was absolute crap. It will need some serious buffs, like actually trapping opponents.
I take it you haven't seen its Project M incarnation?
It did trap people and dealt pretty fair damage.
@ Masonomace Masonomace His Project M version hit smaller characters.
I apologize. I should have specified I was referring to its Project M version. That was a mistake on my part.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No I haven't, but from what I've read the attacks link into each other better and its stronger overall.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It did trap people and dealt pretty fair damage.
@ Masonomace Masonomace His Project M version hit smaller characters.
I apologize. I should have specified I was referring to its Project M version. That was a mistake on my part.
Oh. Well if you mention Project M Mewtwo, then no harm done because that move was exceptionally buffed for the better. Let's hope that Sm4sh Mewtwo's U-smash is to that extent.;)

However, I still stand for my desire for Mewtwo's D-smash to possess more crowd control area on both sides of him. Like most D-smashes are these days.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Oh. Well if you mention Project M Mewtwo, then no harm done because that move was exceptionally buffed for the better. Let's hope that Sm4sh Mewtwo's U-smash is to that extent.;)

However, I still stand for my desire for Mewtwo's D-smash to possess more crowd control area on both sides of him. Like most D-smashes are these days.

also...let's not forget her...

*cough*

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Lucas' down smash actually did hit on both sides, but you basically had to be standing right next to him
Plus you forgot ZSS and Robin

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
That moment when you dream of a dream (yes, Inception) where Mewtwo was revealed as a playable character for Super Smash Bros. 4...

AND THEN YOU WAKE UP AND REALIZE IT'S NOT A F*CKING DREAM BUT IT'S ACTUALLY REAL!!!!

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that Mewtwo will get the same treatment as ROB in smash 4. His worst moves will be buffed to become some of his best moves, with a few queues taken from Project M. I am personally as interested in Mewtwo's moveset as much as I was with his inclusion, so tell me, what changes do you want to see in his moveset?

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
I love his D Smash XD

Besides that, I agree that Confusion is rather.... weak.

EDIT:

What I want to see is Mewtwo become slightly faster, slightly less floaty and lightweight, and change his Side Special confusion to either a new move entirely or just make it stronger.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Also Snake's was a Mine so it could hit on any side...
Edit: @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed Geez you edited Snake out of that freaking fast.
Well, technically speaking, Snake's land mines didn't hit on any side. That would imply you chose a side, and the hitbox came out there. Nor did thy hit on all sides, because that would imply they hit on all sides of him. Rather, Snake's mines might hit anywhere, because Snake could place them and then move away, but they might not hit because the enemy can avoid them.

I have a feeling that Mewtwo will get the same treatment as ROB in smash 4. His worst moves will be buffed to become some of his best moves, with a few queues taken from Project M. I am personally as interested in Mewtwo's moveset as much as I was with his inclusion, so tell me, what changes do you want to see in his moveset?
Honestly, just some much needed buffs, like Confusion being a proper reflector and Disable having a buffed range and being able to hit from behind, and that's really all. I really liked his Melee moveset, and it was rather unique, so I'd rather not see it changed. Other than that, Psystrike as a Final Smash, and some creative Custom Specials.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
He's still a loon. Just a loon who cares :)
hes a troll, but one that looks out for us. :p
also, i believe mewtwo should have some changes in moveset.... i mean, i mained mewtwo in melee.....mainly because mewtwo is one of my favorite pokemon. however, it failed to do him justice. i mean.... in the movie it blew up an entire research lab with little effort, and also with seemingly no effort at all broke out from giovannis control, leveling his base. (obviously not gonna happen, but still it should be a force to be reckoned with in smash.)
not to mention its insane speed. i think mewtwo should be fast, strong, but light. and the sole moves i think that should be kept are shadow ball and teleport. the rest need to be changed. side b could be psychocut, which would also act as a reflector if timed right.... and psystrike..... which should be waves of energy shocking and stunning opponents. of course, all of its standard moves need to reflect its speed and power. maybe even utilize a psychic spoon for its neutral moves.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
what changes do you want to see in his moveset?
Unless they buff these moves in any way, these are what I want changed or removed:
Also, this is Melee Mewtwo I'm talking about.
  • D-smash
  • U-smash
  • B-air or D-air
  • D-throw
  • F-throw
  • Confusion
  • Disable

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Unless they buff these moves in any way, these are what I want changed or removed:
Also, this is Melee Mewtwo I'm talking about.
  • D-smash
  • U-smash
  • B-air or D-air
  • D-throw
  • F-throw
  • Confusion
  • Disable
His Jab could also use some re-working so that it combos nicely, and with a finisher, of course.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Confusion I think can stay, but it does need a revamp. Should objectively be an actual reflector, while it's close range attack should induce tripping IMO.

Disable can stay or go. If it stays I can see Sakurai getting creative with buffing it.

D-Smash should hit on both sides.

Slightly heavier, still floaty, similar (if not slightly buffed) speed.

Most attacks involving arms should be altered to have better range/knockback. These are the attacks I want to see the Spoon Sword or something like Greninja's Water Blades (F/B Air, Smashes) be used for. While not as awesome as the Spoon Sword, Psycho Cut like animations would be perfect IMO.

EDIT: As another thought, Mewtwo's new look may benefit the latter attacks. The arms aren't as scrawny looking as before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom