• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gune

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I don't know if all of you have seen this series or not...but I seriously think you should give it a look...especially due to the circumstances that were just laid upon us. <3
and finally...

So...touching. <3
Hit me right in the feels with this one.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Dr. Mario should of been the DLC character, in all honesty.

Edit: Btw guys, do you like my signature? <3
He should have been in a sense that he should have been optional but DLC means that it's supposed to be a money maker.. not that many people would pay to get him back in the game. At least as far as I know. I definitely wouldn't have bought the Doc.. I almost didn't bother unlocking him if he wasn't so easy to beat.

And yes I love your sig :)

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Dr. Mario should of been the DLC character, in all honesty.

Edit: Btw guys, do you like my signature? <3
Would people really pay for two different moves and different properties ;) Nah you see the hate as it is for Poor Dark Pit.
These 4 could build hype for DLC
:popo::lucas::wolf: and we certainly seen this with Mewtwo his reveal opened up mostly all the character threads :D He's my new saviour :'):popo::lucas::wolf: ALL HAIL THE ORIGINAL HUMANOID LEGENDARY

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Drew this up over half an hour. My skills are subpar but me likes.

Ill color it in Photoshop tomorrow.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Well I havent been on here since Mewtwo's confirmation, but its fun with you all and hes finally back.

Its been a long ride.

We started with his removal in Brawl, followed by the news that he was one of the lasts characters cut. Then we finally got the announcement of Smash 4, where that one "trusted source" confirmed him. Only to find when the 3DS he wasnt there. Then on Thursday, the Direct was coming to end when we got the best of news. "Its time for a special announcement."

Mewtwo is back.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Would people really pay for two different moves and different properties ;) Nah you see the hate as it is for Poor Dark Pit.
These 4 could build hype for DLC
:popo::lucas::wolf: and we certainly seen this with Mewtwo his reveal opened up mostly all the character threads :D He's my new saviour :'):popo::lucas::wolf: ALL HAIL THE ORIGINAL HUMANOID LEGENDARY
I still would like to see a scaled down version of Ridley. I mean, why not. And people would freak out just as much as they did with Mewtwo. Sakurai should know that so I would NOT be surprised if this happens later next year when they need to boost sales. The Ice Climbers can come back if they just used the same mechanic as Rosalina and Luma (though I'm not sure how people would feel about that - but hey at least you got em.) Lucas and Wolf should get reworked to further differentiate them from their respective counterparts. Then there's K. Rool, Dixie and the Chorus Men. I hope everyone gets their favorites as DLCs because I most certainly did! Once Spring comes I will be maining Mewtwo like there's no tomorrow.. prepare to see me on For Glory until the next Smash comes out! I just need to come up with a better user name that reflects my passion for Mewtwo #nerdingout

Drew this up over half an hour. My skills are subpar but me likes.

Ill color it in Photoshop tomorrow.
Mewtwo hype! I need to get started on mine!

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Chocolate and caramel (aka "Abra") also occurs to me~
It occurred to me as well, but I wasn't sure it would be warranted enough to actually happen. Alakazam may be the definitive psychic among non-legendary Pokemon, but with that there are plenty of other color schemes that would be equally as justified.

Also, I didn't want to appear self-serving.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I like his melee 4 colors with Armored,Deyoxes,Black,Yellow(cuz yellow team)

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
We need to get someone with good coloring skills to make color swaps from the MewTwo render from the direct

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Wait a minute... I just realized that Mewtwo could be a strong character unlike Melee!?!¿¡!?

Fingers crossed!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Wait a minute... I just realized that Mewtwo could be a strong character unlike Melee!?!¿¡!?

Fingers crossed!
All Mewtwo needs is to be mid-heavy, less floaty, & optionally trade off the amazing DJ height for some grounded movement speed boost, & he'll be fanfreakintastic!

D

Deleted member

I am truly glad that
is back in the game, however i feel that something's missing...
A trailer, perhaps?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I am truly glad that
is back in the game, however i feel that something's missing...
A trailer, perhaps?
A trailer would take a while to make and as Mewtwo is probably in early stages of development I don't think its their highest priority. We will probably get a trailer when they announce his release date.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
There is no doubt in my mind that Mewtwo will get a trailer. Sakurai is well aware of the fan reaction videos, considering he re-tweeted Etika's. Imagine how the internet would explode over that considering the reaction to Mewtwo being on the way. He is more than deserving of an epic trailer and he's bound to get one.

I don't know about you guys but even though this is the 3rd day since he was announced, I'm still finding it a bit hard to comprehend that it actually happened and that we're getting Mewtwo back! Honestly, it'll probably take more than a few days for me to get over the shock of it. I'm still stuck in disbelief it happened. Sakurai screwed around with us for so long, but it was worth it.

I can't wait to see more footage of him. Hopefully we do before he's released.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
There is no doubt in my mind that Mewtwo will get a trailer. Sakurai is well aware of the fan reaction videos, considering he re-tweeted Etika's. Imagine how the internet would explode over that considering the reaction to Mewtwo being on the way. He is more than deserving of an epic trailer and he's bound to get one.

I don't know about you guys but even though this is the 3rd day since he was announced, I'm still finding it a bit hard to comprehend that it actually happened and that we're getting Mewtwo back! Honestly, it'll probably take more than a few days for me to get over the shock of it. I'm still stuck in disbelief it happened. Sakurai screwed around with us for so long, but it was worth it.

I can't wait to see more footage of him. Hopefully we do before he's released.
Feeling the same way. It's so surreal to finally have him back. I felt the same way once Mega Man was revealed. Couldn't believe it for a few days.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I still haven't fully comprehended this yet either. I have to keep reminding myself that yes, it's actually happening. And even then I can't get it through my head.

EDIT: I honestly didn't mean for this post to be so similar to yours, Metros. I guess we both are having the same reaction. :p

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I remember way back in the April direct when I saw the Master Ball. My heart nearly skipped a beat at the possibility of Mewtwo being in one. Fortunately that wasn't the case.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Deep down I kinda felt bad for myself having such low expectations of this actually becoming a reality. My first reaction of seeing the feet was me yelling, "OMG MEWTWO!", & I was in such awe, that my eyes only open wider & wider gasping thinking "I can't believe this. . .".

I still can't believe this. . .it's. . .it's finally happening. Lucario vs Mewtwo. .THE DREAM

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
It hasnt set in yet because we havent seen any in game stuff. The only thing we've seen is the model in the Direct which is basically nothing.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I remember way back in the April direct when I saw the Master Ball. My heart nearly skipped a beat at the possibility of Mewtwo being in one. Fortunately that wasn't the case.
I still remember how many people were hoping he'd be reduced to a Master Ball.

%#!+ anti-Melees and their everything Brawl sympathies...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Deep down I kinda felt bad for myself having such low expectations of this actually becoming a reality. My first reaction of seeing the feet was me yelling, "OMG MEWTWO!", & I was in such awe, that my eyes only open wider & wider gasping thinking "I can't believe this. . .".

I still can't believe this. . .it's. . .it's finally happening. Lucario vs Mewtwo. .THE DREAM
You mean, Mewtwo destroying Lucario, right? Yeah, I really can't wait. <3

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
For a character we knew about for a month in a half, Bowser Jr had one of the best trailers out of all the newcomers. Im confident Mewtwo will get a proper reveal trailer and it will be awesome, even if its just a gameplay vid like Sonic's.

Last edited:

Spirst

At this point, all I want to see is more Mewtwo footage. I really love how his render looks thus far and can't wait to see anything that shows him in-game so we can see how his moveset was handled.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
At this point, all I want to see is more Mewtwo footage. I really love how his render looks thus far and can't wait to see anything that shows him in-game so we can see how his moveset was handled.
Please Sakurai...don't get rid of his godly Up-Throw....

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
When Mewtwo gets a trailer, seeing as Bowser Jr. and others had a related song play, Mewtwo should get this one:
And, of course, his splash text tag line would be "Mewtwo: Strikes Back!"
Please Sakurai...don't get rid of his godly Up-Throw....
Couldn't agree more. It is, after all, my namesake.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Finally, Mewtwo Vs. Lucario can happen. Of course we know who would win this battle.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
He will and he will be paid dlc Nintendo won't screw this up guys.I'm really feeling It!:4shulk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom