• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Hopefully the 'slow rise while laughing evilly' and the 'hold palm toward screen while emitting a disturbing groan thing' victory poses from Melee will be his taunts.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not... But is anyone worried that they'll make him a Lucario clone....? idk if I'm being totally irrational, but it almost feels too good to be true, so maybe my subconscious is trying to keep my expectations low. Thoughts?
Won't be happening, since he is being worked on for such a long time. If He was to be a Lucario clone, then Sakurai would have just included him as one of the extra clone characters in the base game. But as we see, that isn't the case.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
He will keep the Melee spinning laughing badass one but besides that I honestly have no idea.
I hope we get a taunt that's a real taunt. Something that will make players angry like Peach's "Na-na na na na-na" taunt or Palutena's stripper pole dance. Those annoy the sh*t out of me in For Glory. I want one that would make fun of the naysayers who said Mewtwo will never be in the game.. :demon:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hopefully the 'slow rise while laughing evilly' and the 'hold palm toward screen while emitting a disturbing groan thing' victory poses from Melee will be his taunts.
What would Mewtwo's new Victory poses be during his Theme & glorious moment being 1st place, while your minions are clapping for your great prowess success of winning?

EDIT:
I hope we get a taunt that's a real taunt. Something that will make players angry like Peach's "Na-na na na na-na" taunt or Palutena's stripper pole dance. Those annoy the sh*t out of me in For Glory. I want one that would make fun of the naysayers who said Mewtwo will never be in the game.. :demon:
Well. . . .For my own fairness, I like Palutena's stripper pole dance taunt:grin:. But yes, I'd like a disrespectful taunt as well, something like,
"You humans are all the same. . ." * insert menacing grunt here*
Or
"You're too weak, human" *insert menacing grunt here*
:awesome:If they seem uncalled for, it's because, it's so Mewtwo~ (from Strikes Back I mean)

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
It could act similarly to one of Palutena's custom neutral B moves...forgot the name of it. I would prefer if it was the Final Smash or part of a Mega Evolution, but I wouldn't mind it being a special move either. As long as it is incorporated, I will be happy.
Autoreticle or explosive flame?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'd be a bit surprised if Psystrike wasn't Mewtwo's Final Smash in some way at all. Okay scratch that, I'd be very surprised.
I'd only accept Psystrike to be in Mewtwo's move-set if either 1) It's somewhere in the Final Smash or 2) It's a primary Special move, NOT a Custom Special. That last bit may have raised an eyebrow or two, but I don't want a signature move like Psystrike for Mewtwo be a Custom.
Autoreticle or explosive flame?
Most likely autoreticle

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mewtwo's mostly a non-physical Fighting cat.
Wait... Mewtwo is part Mew (thighs, nose, somewhat head, tail, feet, psychic power) part Human (legs, arms, neck, somewhat head, disposition, humanoid fingers, great knowledge) and part Mewtation Mutation (toes, rest of head shape, head-tube, finger-bulborbs, chestplate, height, weight, general massive size, increased psychic powers)

I am not trying to argue here, however i figured that i had to get it out sooner or later.

Now back on track everyone, I would say my only concern for Mewtwo is that he might not be playable online...
And that might actually lower how much i use my future main, because while he still will be my best character in the game, it's just kinda sad to know that you can't go Mewtwo vs Online.

But i think that his data is in everyone's game files so you could play him on Wifi.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Here my ideas for his taunts. Because we were already posting taunts, I sorta went overboard and posted everything related to taunts. Hope no-one minds.

Taunts:
Up Taunt-The awesome spinning laugh from Melee. No change needed
Side Taunt-"I will crush you!" A random quote that fits him perfectly.
Down Taunt-"I care nothing for you." A twist on a quote from Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Victory Taunts:
Taunt 1- Mewtwo folds him arms, rises into the air spinning and laughing, before stopping and floating in place in midair, and says "I cannot lose!"
Taunt 2-"So, this is my power...," followed by a sinister laugh.
Taunt 3-Mewtwo folds his arms, grunts loudly, and his eyes flash a bright blue. Then, the camera flips upside down, so that everything appears upside down. The results are displayed right-side up, however, for readability's sake.
Bonus Taunt (Against Lucario or Greninja)-"You're pathetic."
Losing Animation-Stands with his arms folded and his back to the camera, because he couldn't care less that you won.

CSS Selection Taunt (Do they still have those?):
"I will crush you!"

Idle Poses:
1-Mewtwo folds his arms and shifts his stance a little before returning to his normal stance.
2-Mewtwo places his hand on his head and rubs it, almost as if he were scratching his head.
3-Mewtwo beckons with one hand while leaning back. This is identical to his Idle Pose in Project M.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I would love it if his tail is longer this time. His tail in Melee was ok, but I LOVE his PM one. So much range. I've s*** off a lot of people by knocking them back with it till they can't even get back onto the stage anymore, or killing them off the top with uairs.

If it were in the middle this time - something between Melee and PM then he'd be perfect. (Not that he isn't already! :p)

I know it would never happen, but seeing him fight with his giant spoon would be pretty bad-***.

Could his Final smash Be it (To make him even more cooler instead of copy the guy who cloned him:4lucario:)
He could just smack you upside the head with a spoon :p

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I have a theory on Mewtwo's final smash.

I don't think anybody covered this but in the Live stream ( I forgot when) but somewhere we see a Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y trophy. In the livestream, they also showed that if you beat Allstar Mode with a character you get their Final smash trophy.
So yeah, I think he'll turn to Mewtwo X/Y I don't know which form though.
It's kinda obvious Mewtwo's Final Smash will be one of his Mega Evolutions, as every other Pokémon in Smash that can Mega Evolve got their Final Smash changed to their Mega Evolution. Plus, Mewtwo is a prime example of a cool Mega Evolution in Pokémon X and Y, so it just wouldn't be right for his Final Smash to be something else.

So there's trophies of both Mega Evolutions? I think this must mean something...
Or even, it could be decided at random between the two whenever Mewtwo uses his Final Smash. This is probably unlikely though. I know it sounds like this would be too random, but so are Smash Balls in the first place, so if you're gonna have Final Smashes on why not have another element of randomness anyway?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's kinda obvious Mewtwo's Final Smash will be one of his Mega Evolutions, as every other Pokémon in Smash that can Mega Evolve got their Final Smash changed to their Mega Evolution. Plus, Mewtwo is a prime example of a cool Mega Evolution in Pokémon X and Y, so it just wouldn't be right for his Final Smash to be something else.

So there's trophies of both Mega Evolutions? I think this must mean something...
1. What about Psystrike as Final Smash?
2. Perhaps. However, Mewtwo having a trophy in the game didn't prevent him from becoming a character. But, it didn't confirm him as a character, either. I wouldn't take trophies or lack thereof to mean anything.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
In regards to the discussion about Mewtwo's moveset in the previous page, I predict that, while he'll most likely gain changes to his character (IE buff/nerfs, some new moves), I don't think we'll see a total overhaul.

I don't think Sakurai has ever totally gutted a returning character's moveset and replaced it with a new one (Otherwise, Gdorf wouldn't be a Falcon clone/semi-clone by this point). Yes, Bowser and Pit in particular received some major changes, but they still retain the essence of their previous game appearances (Pit still fights primarily with the Palutena Bow for his A attacks and neutral special, and Bowser still has his old specials and retains some of his old A moves from the Melee/Brawl days). I'd expect the same for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
In regards to the discussion about Mewtwo's moveset in the previous page, I predict that, while he'll most likely gain changes to his character (IE buff/nerfs, some new moves), I don't think we'll see a total overhaul.

I don't think Sakurai has ever totally gutted a returning character's moveset and replaced it with a new one (Otherwise, Gdorf wouldn't be a Falcon clone/semi-clone by this point). Yes, Bowser and Pit in particular received some major changes, but they still retain the essence of their previous game appearances (Pit still fights primarily with the Palutena Bow for his A attacks and neutral special, and Bowser still has his old specials and retains some of his old A moves from the Melee/Brawl days). I'd expect the same for Mewtwo.
True, but you need to remember that Mewtwo is in a very different position than those characters. Sakurai was capable of porting over, while modifying all of the returning characters from Brawl, or are just slightly modified clones, but Mewtwo has no real data to port over/reuse. They would have to completely recreate him, as if he was a newcomer. I think if Sakurai wants to go through that trouble of completely recreating an old character, he'll probably give him some major overhaul, while keeping key things the same, just because its still the same character.

Shog

Smash Ace
SPOON TAUNT WOULD BE AMAZING!

I mean, I laughed than Mewtwo pulled out the Spoon a long time ago in the manga and smacked a Pokemon with it. That would be amazing

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So glad that Mewtwo's back. It's been a dream of mine that he'd return... to PWN Lucario. :p

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Here my ideas for his taunts. Because we were already posting taunts, I sorta went overboard and posted everything related to taunts. Hope no-one minds.

Taunts:
Down Taunt-"I care nothing for you." A twist on a quote from Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Victory Taunts:
Taunt 1- Mewtwo folds him arms, rises into the air spinning and laughing, before stopping and floating in place in midair, and says "I cannot lose!"
Taunt 3-Mewtwo folds his arms, grunts loudly, and his eyes flash a bright blue. Then, the camera flips upside down, so that everything appears upside down. The results are displayed right-side up, however, for readability's sake.
Losing Animation-Stands with his arms folded and his back to the camera, because he couldn't care less that you won.

"I will crush you!"

Idle Poses:
1-Mewtwo folds his arms and shifts his stance a little before returning to his normal stance.
2-Mewtwo places his hand on his head and rubs it, almost as if he were scratching his head.
3-Mewtwo beckons with one hand while leaning back. This is identical to his Idle Pose in Project M.
I love these suggestions. <3 Especially the one where he calls Lucario and Greninja pathetic.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Predictions on Mewtwo taunts?[/quote

Taunt 1: The twirling laughing from Melee

Taunt 2: Floating from the ground and psychic energy glows from her hands and she says "My powers are limitless!"

Taunt 3: A spoon appears before her and she spins it around tauntingly

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
I want this as a taunt but I doubt it would be one due to being a little dark:
Mewtwo crosses his arms as if he is unimpressed and says "Not even HE stood a chance, what makes you think you do?"
Essentially implying Mewtwo fought the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl and killed him intentionally or unintentionally and that's why Charizard is separate,

HiNiTe

Smash Cadet

Taunts:

Victory Taunts:

"I will crush you!"

Idle Poses:
This is nice and all but considering how badly they ruined Lucario by just one new voice actor, I'm not too keen on it that much.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

Taunts:

Victory Taunts:

"I will crush you!"

Idle Poses:
How about another cool thing they could do is give Mewtwo all of its/hers/his victory quotes against all of the pokemon

Like so

Pikachu and Jiggiliypuff - "Cute, But still no match for me!"

Charizard - "Wheres your master now?" *Insert chuckle here*

Lucario - "And they thought to replace me with you! Don't make me laugh."

Greninja - "You might be fast, but my mind is faster!"

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
If Mewtwo gets a voice, what about a taunt that makes him say one of these things. "Foolish." "Pitiful." "Ignorant."

Also, for another taunt I was imagining a taunt where he pulls out a spoon from thin air, holds it with psychic powers, bends it, then tosses it away. The spoon would be able to deal damage like Snake's or Luigi's one taunt.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I saw some posts about taunt/victory screens/ and general trailer things. I've got some more ideas, but they are consistent with my moveset ideas, so if you haven't seen them, they're on the top of page 321.

Okay,so I think the reveal trailer could go along the lines of:

>Lucario gets knocked back to a wall. Not sure what map. Lets out a cry while emitting a burst of aura and goes back in to the fight faster and stronger.
>Camera pans over to Lucario running towards his opponent, getting ready to punch, but is suspended in the air suddenly, with a blue veil around him.
>Camera pans to Mewtwo with eyes glowing and arms crossed, seeming to not care of Lucario's very existence.
>MEWTWOSTRIKESBACK.jpg
>Throws Lucario back again, teleports to him from behind, hits him with Psystrike, teleports again, downspikes him into the ground.
>Lucario's pissed.
>Goes into Mega form, uses Extremespeed to up to Mewtwo immediately. Mewtwo attacks, but MLucario immediately counters, knocking Mewtwo back a bit.
>ENGAGE DBZ-STYLE
>MLucario does something like his up taunt and begins wailing a bunch of punches and kicks at Mewtwo while moving forward, although Mewtwo is avoiding/parrying them all by using some of its other psychic abilities while levitating backwards. Pretty freakin' fast.
>MLucario ends on a HUGE aura sphere, but Mewtwo uses Barrier and explodes it outward to reflect the thing back at him, knocking him across the ground, out of Mega form.
>Mewtwo floats over to Lucario, when suddenly a wild MCharizardX hits the ground in front of it.
>YOUROPPONENTISNOWMEEE.jpg
>Mewtwo's not having any of that; goes into Mega Y form, and moving so fast off the screen it only leaves a blue streak upward, then a blue streak sideways in line of Lucario and MCharizardX appears, KO'ing them both.

I'm not quite sure where I'd want to put in the actual combat previews, so feel free to be imaginative about that one.

Taunts!

Up Taunt - I've got nothing so far for these, except a secret one.
Down Taunt -
Side Taunt -
Secret Taunt - Down Taunt twice on certain stages with clouds in the background (I guess Unova Pokemon League is a good example) and Mewtwo's hand will glow blue and it will spin it around in a small circle, causing a thunderclap (if not even visable lightning) to occur in the background. If you haven't gotten this, yet, it's a reference to the First Movie, as Mewtwo created an entire storm this way.

Special Victory Taunts

Victory Theme: Remixed version of battle theme, preferably from Fire Red/Leaf Green

To Dr. Mario -
"Why are you here?"/"It's a shame that you're here." Since Dr. Mario is the only other Melee veteran to return.

To Pikachu -
"You seem... vaguely familiar." Reference to every time Mewtwo has seen Pikachu in the anime.
To Charizard - I'll think of something eventually, I hope.

(None4jigglypuff, sorry)

To Lucario -
"Why do you fight a battle that you will never win?"
To Greninja - "You look nothing like me in person." Reference to Greninja reveal trailer/Thoughts of Greninja replacing Mewtwo

To Palutena -
" 'Goddess?' *engage long laugh similar to melee down taunt*" MOST POWERFUL POKEMON MEWTWO CARES NOT FOR PETTY GODDESSES!

Last edited:

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
B - Shadow Ball, Fast Aura Sphere/Energy Ball or Targeted Psychic (Shadow Ball retains most of its former properties, while this Psychic could also be charged and grab enemies while dealing damage to them, similar to Confusion from before, but with more offensive properties. The Fast Aura Sphere/Energy Ball is a thing because Mewtwo has also recently used Aura Sphere. However, unlike Lucario, Mewtwo charges it quickly in M16, so it could be an unchargeable move. I also put in the name "Energy Ball" for the sake of the move having an original name that's somewhat similar to what the move is.)
I have no doubt that they will keep shadow ball, although I prefer aura sphere as that's been it's replacement since generation 4 in every media and subsequent appearance. Also, energy ball technically is a Pokemon move. A green aura sphere essentially. Just grass type and I'm assuming solar powered. :p

EDIT: To clarify I do not mean game freak made aura sphere to replace shadow ball. I mean Mewtwo now exclusively uses it INSTEAD of shadow ball

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
What about a taunt where he like, teleports in place, similar to Mega Man's down taunt? Or one where he fades away for a second, leaving his eyes glowing?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Well. . . .For my own fairness, I like Palutena's stripper pole dance taunt:grin:. But yes, I'd like a disrespectful taunt as well, something like,
"You humans are all the same. . ." * insert menacing grunt here*
Or
"You're too weak, human" *insert menacing grunt here*
:awesome:If they seem uncalled for, it's because, it's so Mewtwo~ (from Strikes Back I mean)
I would love the "weak" comment, that would get on people's nerves. Also, a very long and menacing laugh with an obnoxious victory pose would be GREAT.

PS, Oh and I LOVE Palutena's stripper pole dance.. but only when I do it to people :bee:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
*Pulls out spoon*
*Laughs at it*
*Puts it away*
A reminder: Spoons have ALWAYS been the traditional display of psychic might in Pokémon. They're a focus, see, a lens through which psychic energies are channeled.

Mewtwo's is shown only in the manga, and is unique because it is created entirely from Mewtwo's psychic power, and then used to channel that psychic power. Only Mewtwo could be so powerfully psionic~

SPOON TAUNT WOULD BE AMAZING!

I mean, I laughed than Mewtwo pulled out the Spoon a long time ago in the manga and smacked a Pokemon with it. That would be amazing
That's nothing. Mewtwo stabbed Deoxys with it. Do not mock the psychic's spoon. :evil:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Taunts:

Victory Taunts:

"I will crush you!"

Idle Poses:
Lucina says "I cannot lose" though.

I think Mewtwo would be more likely to say single words like "Fools" or "Pathetic". He'd be straight and to the point.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Guys there is one newcomer who hasn't been revealed...Duck Hunt Dog and dhd has similar feet to Mewtwo so what do you think about these 2 in a trailer in like the December or February direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom