• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
TIME FOR A CRAPTON OF MOVE SPECULATION!

At this point I can barely imagine how Mewtwo will look like attacking, although, the psychic deal could probably be bolstered in this game. Also, it's pretty obvious that we're going to see attacks that aren't Pokemon moves already, so we won't need to try to assign every attack to a canon move. (Greninja gets dual water swords and his FS is called "Secret Ninja Attack" according to the manual, for example.)

Fighter Type - Close/Mid ranged fighter who attacks without physically making contact. To tell you the truth, I think there's a chance that Mewtwo will actually be FAST in this iteration, after looking back at the 16th Movie.

Also, I've somewhat grown attached to 16th movie Mewtwo (aka Femtwo), so I wouldn't mind Mewtwo having the VA from that movie and everything.

MOVESET
A - Psyhic (Fling rocks and things at your opponents with your awesome psychic power! Ends with Mewtwo pushing its hand out, sending opponents backward)
Up Tilt - Mewtwo swipes its hand upward, generating a wave that pops people up.
Down Tilt - Mewtwo sends out a shortranged shockwave across the ground.
Side Tilt - Mewtwo swipes forward in a clawing like motion with moar waves coming out of its hand. (By the way, these waves that I keep mentioning don't really have any range; they keep the attack from being physically part of Mewtwo, though)
Up Smash - Similar to previous Up Smash, except Mewtwo visually spins its opponent with psychic energy. Would be satisfying to watch.
Down Smash - Mewtwo crosses its arms, charges up and pushes a pulse out from both horizontal directions.
Side Smash - Mewtwo charges and punches its hand out, creating a pulse that knocks back enemies.
B - Shadow Ball, Fast Aura Sphere/Energy Ball or Targeted Psychic (Shadow Ball retains most of its former properties, while this Psychic could also be charged and grab enemies while dealing damage to them, similar to Confusion from before, but with more offensive properties. The Fast Aura Sphere/Energy Ball is a thing because Mewtwo has also recently used Aura Sphere. However, unlike Lucario, Mewtwo charges it quickly in M16, so it could be an unchargeable move. I also put in the name "Energy Ball" for the sake of the move having an original name that's somewhat similar to what the move is.)
Up B - Teleport (Can act out of it, although, not to the degree of P:M Mewtwo; probably to Sonic's degree)
Down B - Disable or Barrier(Barrier wouldn't quite work as you think; it'd also be more of an offensive windbox move, in this case. As in, you've seen how Mewtwo attacks by dispersing its barrier in the anime, right? Basically that. It'd work very briefly as a defensive barrier, but then Mewtwo would push outward, similar to down smash and deal damage and push people back, from possibly all angles. It'd probably have significant delay, though. Either move would reflect projectiles.)
Side B - Psystrike (This move has to appear somewhere; it just has to. Anyway, since this move is a special move with physical properties, I'm thinking that Mewtwo could send out a chargeable psychic slash upon using this move. The slash would be a close ranged attack without charge, and would be about the range equivalent of the beam sword when fully charged, and would charge faster than a lot of moves. Since it lands physically, it's not a projectile, nor is it absorbable.)
Fair - Psychic Claw? (Similar to Mewtwo's former Fair, except the hitbox is away from Mewtwo's hand.)
Bair - Cross your arms in the air. Your eyes glow blue. Your psychic energy pushes your opponent that's behind you, and you don't even look at them. Truly badass.
Dair - Swipe your hand in a downward semicircle, generating a psychic wave that can down spike opponents.
Uair - Swipe your tail upward, creating a wave that sends opponents upward (I HAD TO GET A TAIL MOVE IN HERE SOMEWHERE; IT JUST DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT WITHOUT ONE)
Extra - When Mewtwo is shielding, it looks like it's using Barrier defensively. (As in, Mewtwo poses as it would when defensively using Barrier in the anime)

FINAL SMASH
FINAL SMASH: EXTREMESPEED - Don't get me wrong; I know Mewtwo doesn't learn Extremespeed, but it's the way it passively moves while in Mega Form in the 16th movie (or you can just say it can simply move in bullet time while in Mega form, instead of calling it Extremespeed). I'll show you what I mean by this in a clip later, but for now, bear with my description.

Anyway, Mewtwo transforms into one of its Megas (considering the nature of this move, it wouldn't matter which one) and flies off of the screen incredibly fast, leaving blue silhouettes behind it. The screen flashes and get's a blue filter, implying that Mewtwo is moving so fast that time comparatively slows down (although the fighters won't be slowed). A straight line appears from the middle of the left or right edges of the stage. You can angle this line up or down, and switch the line's horizontal orientation (left to right or right to left) by pressing left or right. When you're angling this line, you're aiming Mewtwo's horizontal attack, so upon pressing A after aiming the line, Mewtwo will instantly fly across the stage in that line, leaving only a blue streak (it'll likely be too fast to see Mewtwo itself), and the line interface will come back up for you to aim the attack again. You will be able to do this attack up to two more times. If you take too long to aim, the attack will automatically occur. This attack gets more powerful the more times you land a hit, with the first attack being weak and likely not KO'ing, and the third one being the strongest (and most likely to KO).

A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION
CLICK THE VIDEO TITLE TO WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE AS PLAYBACK IS DISABLED HERE. (unfortunately)

Watch this AMV made from the 16th movie of Mewtwo going against Genesect to see where I got a couple of my ideas. I recommend fast forwarding to 1:35, then to 3:25. Also, the video is somewhat sped up footage, so Mewtwo will look even faster than what it is, but that doesn't change the fact that it's pretty freakin' fast.

This took approximately 3 hours to come up with entirely. Hope you guys like it!

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

At this point I can barely imagine how Mewtwo will look like attacking, although, the psychic deal could probably be bolstered in this game. Also, it's pretty obvious that we're going to see attacks that aren't Pokemon moves already, so we won't need to try to assign every attack to a canon move. (Greninja gets dual water swords and his FS is called "Secret Ninja Attack" according to the manual, for example.)

Fighter Type - Close/Mid ranged fighter who attacks without physically making contact. To tell you the truth, I think there's a chance that Mewtwo will actually be FAST in this iteration, after looking back at the 16th Movie.

Also, I've somewhat grown attached to 16th movie Mewtwo (aka Femtwo), so I wouldn't mind Mewtwo having the VA from that movie and everything.

MOVESET
A - Psyhic (Fling rocks and things at your opponents with your awesome psychic power! Ends with Mewtwo pushing its hand out, sending opponents backward)
Side Tilt - Mewtwo swipes forward in a clawing like motion with moar waves coming out of its hand. (By the way, these waves that I keep mentioning don't really have any range; they keep the attack from being physically part of Mewtwo, though)
Up Smash - Similar to previous Up Smash, except Mewtwo visually spins its opponent with psychic energy. Would be satisfying to watch.
Down Smash - Mewtwo crosses its arms, charges up and pushes a pulse out from both horizontal directions.
Side Smash - Mewtwo charges and punches its hand out, creating a pulse that knocks back enemies.
B - Shadow Ball, Fast Aura Sphere/Energy Ball or Targeted Psychic (Shadow Ball retains most of its former properties, while this Psychic could also be charged and grab enemies while dealing damage to them, similar to Confusion from before, but with more offensive properties. The Fast Aura Sphere/Energy Ball is a thing because Mewtwo has also recently used Aura Sphere. However, unlike Lucario, Mewtwo charges it quickly in M16, so it could be an unchargeable move. I also put in the name "Energy Ball" for the sake of the move having an original name that's somewhat similar to what the move is.)
Up B - Teleport (Can act out of it, although, not to the degree of P:M Mewtwo; probably to Sonic's degree)
Down B - Disable or Barrier(Barrier wouldn't quite work as you think; it'd also be more of an offensive windbox move, in this case. As in, you've seen how Mewtwo attacks by dispersing its barrier in the anime, right? Basically that. It'd work very briefly as a defensive barrier, but then Mewtwo would push outward, similar to down smash and deal damage and push people back, from possibly all angles. It'd probably have significant delay, though. Either move would reflect projectiles.)
Side B - Psystrike (This move has to appear somewhere; it just has to. Anyway, since this move is a special move with physical properties, I'm thinking that Mewtwo could send out a chargeable psychic slash upon using this move. The slash would be a close ranged attack without charge, and would be about the range equivalent of the beam sword when fully charged, and would charge faster than a lot of moves. Since it lands physically, it's not a projectile, nor is it absorbable.)
Fair - Psychic Claw? (Similar to Mewtwo's former Fair, except the hitbox is away from Mewtwo's hand.)
Bair - Cross your arms in the air. Your eyes glow blue. Your psychic energy pushes your opponent that's behind you, and you don't even look at them. Truly badass.
Dair - Swipe your hand in a downward semicircle, generating a psychic wave that can down spike opponents.
Uair - Swipe your tail upward, creating a wave that sends opponents upward (I HAD TO GET A TAIL MOVE IN HERE SOMEWHERE; IT JUST DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT WITHOUT ONE)
Extra - When Mewtwo is shielding, it looks like it's using Barrier defensively. (As in, Mewtwo poses as it would when defensively using Barrier)

FINAL SMASH
FINAL SMASH: EXTREMESPEED - Don't get me wrong; I know Mewtwo doesn't learn Extremespeed, but it's the way it passively moves while in Mega Form in the 16th movie (or you can just say it can simply move in bullet time while in Mega form, instead of calling it Extremespeed). I'll show you what I mean by this in a clip later, but for now, bear with my description.

Anyway, Mewtwo transforms into one of its Megas (considering the nature of this move, it wouldn't matter which one) and flies off of the screen incredibly fast, leaving blue silhouettes behind it. The screen flashes and get's a blue filter, implying that Mewtwo is moving so fast that time comparatively slows down (although the fighters won't be slowed). A straight line appears from the middle of the left or right edges of the stage. You can angle this line up or down, and switch the line's horizontal orientation (left to right or right to left) by pressing left or right. When you're angling this line, you're aiming Mewtwo's horizontal attack, so upon pressing A after aiming the line, Mewtwo will instantly fly across the stage in that line, leaving only a blue streak (it'll likely be too fast to see Mewtwo itself), and the line interface will come back up for you to aim the attack again. You will be able to do this attack up to two more times. If you take too long to aim, the attack will automatically occur. This attack gets more powerful the more times you land a hit, with the first attack being weak and likely not KO'ing, and the third one being the strongest (and most likely to KO).

A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION
CLICK THE VIDEO TITLE TO WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE AS PLAYBACK IS DISABLED HERE. (unfortunately)

Watch this AMV made from the 16th movie of Mewtwo going against Genesect to see where I got a couple of my ideas. I recommend fast forwarding to 1:35, then to 3:25. Also, the video is somewhat sped up footage, so Mewtwo will look even faster than what it is, but that doesn't change the fact that it's pretty freakin' fast.

This took approximately 3 hours to come up with entirely. Hope you guys like it!

Really good work there. This sounds like a good moveset.

D

Deleted member

MOVESET
Extra - When Mewtwo is shielding, it looks like it's using Barrier defensively. (As in, Mewtwo poses as it would when defensively using Barrier)

FINAL SMASH

A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION

I think that at least 4 physical moves should be in there, but because it took you 3 hours, i would still rate it a 100% regardless.
Good Job! :mewtwomelee:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I reallllllly want a trailer in December a lot.My idea is:Out in the distance there is a dark cave...you hear an evil familiar laugh which Spook's someone(idk who I want him to fight...maybe charizard because pokemon origins. Also timing doesn't make sense.Spring 2015 is at least 5 months and the game was being developed for 3 years and they added modes and 13ish newcomers and some stages.It should not take 5 months for one character,the math makes no sense... Sakurai are you trolling with us and we unlock Mewtwo in the final version Nov 21st?!

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I reallllllly want a trailer in December a lot.My idea is:Out in the distance there is a dark cave...you hear an evil familiar laugh which Spook's someone(idk who I want him to fight...maybe charizard because pokemon origins. Also timing doesn't make sense.Spring 2015 is at least 5 months and the game was being developed for 3 years and they added modes and 13ish newcomers and some stages.It should not take 5 months for one character,the math makes no sense... Sakurai are you trolling with us and we unlock Mewtwo in the final version Nov 21st?!
It apparently took a year to make Greninja. So 5 months seems a pretty decent time frame.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It apparently took a year to make Greninja. So 5 months seems a pretty decent time frame.
Even if that's the case, this game had what, a 30 month dev. time? We got 51 characters, all apparently built from the ground up. I don't think it really took them a year to make solely Greninja, and it was probably just a spread out development while they did other stuff, and fit him around what else they were making.

They've got plenty of time to work on just Mewtwo, and who knows what else. They've got a big team, I wouldn't be surprised, but am not holding my breath, if Mewtwo isn't our only surprise. I wouldn't worry about him being rushed, either way. Sakurai's going to want to try his best to make Mewtwo as appealing to the fans as possible.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Im really having a hard time seeing psystrike as a special move i mean look

It could act similarly to one of Palutena's custom neutral B moves...forgot the name of it. I would prefer if it was the Final Smash or part of a Mega Evolution, but I wouldn't mind it being a special move either. As long as it is incorporated, I will be happy.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Note the use of the word designed. Being implemented into the game and being designed are two very different things. Although, I am basing my information off a thread from Reddit so it isn't probably the most reliable source. I will try and find it for you.

Edit: Can't find it again for some reason. Just disregard what I said.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Im really having a hard time seeing psystrike as a special move i mean look

Actually I can see it perfectly. I can see it being done in a few ways:

Neutral B: Can be done like Palutena's Auto-Reticule where the closest person in the vicinity gets surrounded by psi-shards that implode

Neutral B: Charged shot where he charges energy and when released, act like Shiek's needles but more powerful in the form of red/pink/purple psi-shards and with launching capabilities

Neutral B: Charged shot that charges a ball of psi energy and upon contact, psi-shards appear around opponent and implodes

Side B: It could be like Lucario's Side B except with a longer grab range. Mewtwo stands there with his hand up, levitating the opponent as if he was about to crush them and have the Psystrike animation kick in

Down B: Counter similar to Shulk's except with a Psystrike imploding animation after the dodge

Down B: Summon psi-shards around Mewtwo that can be launched similar to Mega Man's Down B

Side/Up Smash: A quick animation of imploding psi-shards above or beside Mewtwo

Side/Up Throw: Mewtwo levitates the enemy and have psi-shards implode on them

See, that's just some of the ways they can use Psystrike.

PS, Got Greninja'd by @ MewtwoMaster2002 MewtwoMaster2002 about the Palutena example.

PPS, You know which attack I would love to see them give Mewtwo? The one in my signature..

Last edited:

kdubb

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not... But is anyone worried that they'll make him a Lucario clone....? idk if I'm being totally irrational, but it almost feels too good to be true, so maybe my subconscious is trying to keep my expectations low. Thoughts?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not... But is anyone worried that they'll make him a Lucario clone....? idk if I'm being totally irrational, but it almost feels too good to be true, so maybe my subconscious is trying to keep my expectations low. Thoughts?
Not at all. Mewtwo had a very different moveset to Lucario when he was in Melee so I don't see why they would scrap that and make him a clone instead.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It would make no sense to turn a character who wasn't even close to a clone of Lucario in Melee into a clone of him for Smash 4. And it'd make even less sense for that to take 5 months to design. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Besides, Sakurai's already defended the choices he made to have 3 clones in the game already. He's not going to spend five months making what he already said he considers an "extra addition that took little to no effort to add."

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I think, unless the character was 3rd party, it would be weird for just Mewtwo to be downloadable as of Spring 2015.
Weren't there other moving models in development convincing enough to be playable?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
They would make him a DLC if that were the case. Definitely not, and that's not because I'm an optimist. It's common sense. They just wouldn't.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
One of these days I'll make a Spoon Sword thread...

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure I want a new moveset, he just needs buffs. I would hate to see his godly grabs gone.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Actually I am. Not because it's going to happen, which it may or may not, but if it really does happen. . .then I won't really play Mewtwo honestly. Okay wait let's be honest, I will play Mewtwo, but if Mewtwo literally becomes a clone of Lucario in majority of game-play-style, then I REALLY won't play him. Luckily that won't happen because Lucario is a close-combat Fighting doge, & Mewtwo's mostly a non-physical Fighting cat.

This is coming from a player who Primaries SSBBrawl Lucario, so yeah, it worries me that the thought of it could happen.

But for that, let's recap Lucario's Specials:
  1. Neutral-B = Aura Sphere
    Not much to be said here. This single move is such a huge reminder & a slap to my face when I see people claim that Mewtwo & Lucario are clones because of this got-damn move. Though they do the same thing overall, same uses, same tactics. Lucario's however is the improved successor charge sphere attack to Shadow Ball in almost every way, especially when Lucario's Aura rises.

2. Side-B = Force Palm
    Despite both attacks being much different, in the end, they both have a command grab, & do a secondary bonus effect. FP has a projectile flame hit that knocks foes away, while Confusion can air-grab where FP can't grab opponents mid-air, & that Confusion doesn't have a outer hit-box like FP's flame, Confusion only has a push-back effect if you're not close enough for the grab.

3. Up-B = Extremespeed
    ES & Teleport are completely different. So nothing to say here.

4. Down-B = Double Team
    DT & Disable are very different. So nothing to say here.
So what you see as the biggest controversy of clone-treatment, is between their Neutral-Bs, & Side-Bs. IF, Mewtwo's former Special attacks remain unchanged.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Actually I am. Not because it's going to happen, which it may or may not, but if it really does happen. . .then I won't really play Mewtwo honestly. Okay wait let's be honest, I will play Mewtwo, but if Mewtwo literally becomes a clone of Lucario in majority of game-play-style, then I REALLY won't play him. Luckily that won't happen because Lucario is a close-combat Fighting doge, & Mewtwo's mostly a non-physical Fighting cat.

This is coming from a player who Primaries SSBBrawl Lucario, so yeah, it worries me that the thought of it could happen.

But for that, let's recap Lucario's Specials:
  1. Neutral-B = Aura Sphere
    Not much to be said here. This single move is such a huge reminder & a slap to my face when I see Mewtwo & Lucario as clones because of this got-damn move. They do the same thing overall, same uses, same tactics. Lucario's however is the improved successor charge sphere attack to Shadow Ball in almost every way, especially when Lucario's Aura rises.

2. Side-B = Force Palm
    Despite both attacks being much different, in the end, they both have a command grab, & do a secondary bonus effect. FP has a projectile flame hit that knocks foes away, while Confusion can air-grab where FP can't grab opponents mid-air, & that Confusion doesn't have a outer hit-box like FP's flame, Confusion only has a push-back effect if you're not close enough for the grab.

3. Up-B = Extremespeed
    ES & Teleport are completely different. So nothing to say here.

4. Down-B = Double Team
    DT & Disable are very different. So nothing to say here.
So what you see as the biggest controversy of clone-treatment, is between their Neutral-Bs, & Side-Bs. IF, Mewtwo's former Special attacks remain unchanged.
But...in that same vein, Eruption and Counter are similar or almost exactly the same as moves Marth already has. This would make Ike a Marth clone by this logic, which is just so wrong. Calling something even close to a clone for two specials that are similar is incredibly silly. Besides that, they don't even move similarly. Mewtwo teleports, vanishes, floats around, uses Psychic powers, and Lucario is all physical all the time, save Aura Sphere.

I can't even fathom how they could be clones in the slightest. C'mon, now.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
But...in that same vein, Eruption and Counter are similar or almost exactly the same as moves Marth already has. This would make Ike a Marth clone by this logic, which is just so wrong. Calling something even close to a clone for two specials that are similar is incredibly silly. Besides that, they don't even move similarly. Mewtwo teleports, vanishes, floats around, uses Psychic powers, and Lucario is all physical all the time, save Aura Sphere.

I can't even fathom how they could be clones in the slightest. C'mon, now.
It seems my post didn't get properly edited for this misunderstanding to transpire. I originally typed
This single move is such a huge reminder & a slap to my face when I see people claim that Mewtwo & Lucario are clones because of this got-damn move.
But, that doesn't seem to be the case, let me edit that first. K.
So now, I did not mean to say that they are clones. And really Eruption is not similar to Shield Breaker. Real quick comparison:
-Different charging times
-SB airborne is horizontal distance, Eruption is stationary
-SB breaks most shields when Fullcharged, Eruption doesn't break the majority of character's shields
-Eruption has SA frames, SB does not

But I'm derailing, back on the railroad track yes it is silly labeling a character a clone of another for sharing two similar-operating Special moves, & ridiculous, tell me about it.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It seems my post didn't get properly edited for this misunderstanding to transpire. I originally typed

But, that doesn't seem to be the case, let me edit that first. K.
So now, I did not mean to say that they are clones. And really Eruption is not similar to Shield Breaker. Real quick comparison:
-Different charging times
-SB airborne is horizontal distance, Eruption is stationary
-SB breaks most shields when Fullcharged, Eruption doesn't break the majority of character's shields
-Eruption has SA frames, SB does not

But I'm derailing, back on the railroad track yes it is silly labeling a character a clone of another for sharing two similar-operating Special moves, & ridiculous, tell me about it.
I know Eruption and Shield Breaker are completely different, but they're similar in the same vein as Force Palm and Confusion. It's a rough comparison, but still one someone who likes to yell "CLONE!" will find, and be chastised for. But yeah, dumb people are dumb.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I know Eruption and Shield Breaker are completely different, but they're similar in the same vein as Force Palm and Confusion. It's a rough comparison, but still one someone who likes to yell "CLONE!" will find, and be chastised for. But yeah, dumb people are dumb.
Understandable, I dig it.

However, for a new topic, maybe I'll be accepting of Mewtwo's Custom Specials operating similarly to that of Lucario's Custom Specials. His Neutral-B Customs at least, if Shadow Ball stays.

EDIT: It just occurred to me, but since Lucario's new visual feature is him shooting out Aura in the forms of what look to be pillars in his attacks, I guess I'd be okay with something similar Mewtwo would do with his attacks like a Shadow Ball or a darkness-esque energy or Psychic power, much like Mewtwo's F-air for an example.

DOUBLE EDIT:
PPS, You know which attack I would love to see them give Mewtwo? The one in my signature..
Explosive Gaze? I don't remember that being an attack.
:troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Question for all the Mewtwo mains:

In this roster, or in the inevitable reveal trailer, who would you guys want to see Mewtwo fight against the most?
No words needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one who thinks that moveset wise, Sakurai will basically have him the same as he was in Melee?

I mean, if Sakurai went out of his way to give :4drmario: his Tornado because he knew Smash fans wouldn't have the Doc any other way, I just see him having this ideology with :mewtwopm:.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Am I the only one who thinks that moveset wise, Sakurai will basically have him the same as he was in Melee?

I mean, if Sakurai went out of his way to give :4drmario: his Tornado because he knew Smash fans wouldn't have the Doc any other way, I just see him having this ideology with :mewtwopm:.
A few things:

1. Dr. Mario is a clone
2. He doesn't require an original moveset
3. Mewtwo did have an original moveset but it was ineffective and it was apparent
4. Mewtwo's Melee moveset will not stack up against the current movesets in SSB4
5. Dr. Mario is a clone (I mean so is Mewtwo technically but you get the gist.)
6. I love making lists apparently.

Mewtwo is being built from scratch. Sakurai won't be able to port his Melee moveset, so the only sensible thing to do is come up with a new one. I know I've said that before but I guess we're going to have to repeat that every now and again. Not that there's anything wrong with his Melee moveset exactly, but I mean, it would make more sense for someone who was cut and then brought back to come back with something new, especially for someone this hyped. *insert Etika's reaction video here*

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
A few things:

1. Dr. Mario is a clone
2. He doesn't require an original moveset
3. Mewtwo did have an original moveset but it was ineffective and it was apparent
4. Mewtwo's Melee moveset will not stack up against the current movesets in SSB4
5. Dr. Mario is a clone (I mean so is Mewtwo technically but you get the gist.)
6. I love making lists apparently.

Mewtwo is being built from scratch. Sakurai won't be able to port his Melee moveset, so the only sensible thing to do is come up with a new one. I know I've said that before but I guess we're going to have to repeat that every now and again. Not that there's anything wrong with his Melee moveset exactly, but I mean, it would make more sense for someone who was cut and then brought back to come back with something new, especially for someone this hyped. *insert Etika's reaction video here*
Honestly Im expecting a new moveset with possibly customs of some of the old moves. This is a perfect chance for Sakurai to rebuild one of the worst movesets in Smash ever.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Honestly Im expecting a new moveset with possibly customs of some of the old moves. This is a perfect chance for Sakurai to rebuild one of the worst movesets in Smash ever.
100% agreed. Especially with Psystrike being his new signature move. Maybe he'll get some of his old moves back but this is a whole new Mewtwo that's coming.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just...keep the throws. If something from Melee stays, throws, PLEASE!

...His throws are teh best.

Staarih

Smash Master
I actually think he'll be similar to his Melee self, just tweaked in the right places. Same moveset for nostalgia purposes. The custom moves will surely give something to play with even if the default moveset remains the same. But we'll see.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

You're probably not the only one. This is understandable coming from a former thought. However, like @ ORVO5 ORVO5 's list of good stuff, there's a bigger story behind these two characters that separate their returning arrivals as Melee Veterans (Arceus, that feels so good to say. MEWTWO'S ON THE WAY!)

Mainly, Mewtwo isn't a last-minute addition to the roster who has a identical-sharing move-set with another character like the Doc. He / she will be an entirely different addition later on with good amount of waiting, unlike the Doc who was rushed because of limited time at the end of the game's development.
Just...keep the throws. If something from Melee stays, throws, PLEASE!

...His throws are teh best.
Oddly enough, I slightly disagree with this. Rest assured though, I mostly agree with it hence me liking it. For the certain throw(s) I don't want, would be his D-throw & F-throw, they need to change imo.

Anyways, I'm recapping his Throws for everyone to see in case they don't remember:
(I typed the stuff in quotes too)

Melee Mewtwo:
-F-throw: Apparently called Multi-Shadow Shot. . .whatever. This throw sends the opponent at a diagonal forward direction, shooting multiple Shadow Balls at the fighter. This was SDI'able dealing 9 - 18% depending how many times you were hit from less to all hits.
My opinion: I want this throw gone. Since we can vector throws, then this throw will be a garbage throw, once again. I don't want this, & neither does a lot of people I'm sure. Generally throws seem to deal less damage depending on the buffed or nerfed % characters got to their throw attacks. Final say: Change this.
-B-throw: Apparently this was called telekinesis. .anyways. This throw in Melee & Super Smash Bros. history was considered one of the best & strongest throw for many. Maybe it's not the best now, but it was a very formidable KO throw for Mewtwo to possess, dealing 11%.
My opinion: This throw was great, because not only was it a fairly good stage controlling throw, but it was a Kill option as well, making Mewtwo's grab-game very formidable. I liked it for being such a reliable throw oeverall so I want it to return.
-D-throw: Was apparently called Tail Slam. .Why not. This move dealt 11% & was known to have a active hit that was able to hit other characters when they were close by during your D-throw.
My opinion: It was able to CG some characters to an extent, but because of CGs practically removed, this will get changes, & for a throw like this as a CG throw in the former place, I highly doubt it will remain to deal 11%. . .I'm gonna go there & want this changed up. I prefer to see Mewtwo use his Psychic to slam the opponent on the ground & prop them up in a manner that's easy to follow-up from, instead of making it a tech chase. Final say: Change this.
-U-throw: Apparently called Psychic Whirlwind. . I like it! Anyways, Mewtwo swirled the opponent around him, using his Psychic power to send them flying upward. This was considered one of thee strongest throws in Melee's time if not thee most strongest throw in the game. It was said to be able to CG characters who had high amounts of gravity that nautrally fell really fast airborne back down, & unless F-throw connected all 3 spheres, U-throw was Mewtwo's most damage-dleaing throw doing 12%.
My opinion: This throw was fantastic imo. It looked cool, it gave people who got grabbed the "oh ****" feeling when they notice you spin them, surrounding Mewtwo with some character's body about to be sent shooting for the stars like Sonic Colors. Was definitely a very reliable KO throw, & was one of the few reliable KO options Mewtwo had in Melee. I personally would like this back because that name I never knew it was called, is so badass. Yes Please!

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I have a theory on Mewtwo's final smash.

I don't think anybody covered this but in the Live stream ( I forgot when) but somewhere we see a Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y trophy. In the livestream, they also showed that if you beat Allstar Mode with a character you get their Final smash trophy.
So yeah, I think he'll turn to Mewtwo X/Y I don't know which form though.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have a theory on Mewtwo's final smash.

I don't think anybody covered this but in the Live stream ( I forgot when) but somewhere we see a Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y trophy. In the livestream, they also showed that if you beat Classic Mode with a character you get their Final smash trophy.
So yeah, I think he'll turn to Mewtwo X/Y I don't know which form though.
You get their final smash trophy when you beat all-star, not classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom