• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
When I take notice of general changes to a plethora of character's move-set, I feel Mewtwo may get slight changes in these moves, whether it's animation, hit-box, or a new visual elemental-based attack:
  • U-air = Big change
  • D-air = Big change
  • F-air = Big change
  • D-throw = Slight change
  • F-smash = Slight change
  • D-smash = Big change
  • U-smash = Slight change
  • Jab = big change
  • F-tilt? = Some change?
  • Down-B = Big change
  • Side-B = Slight change
I don't think Shadow Ball will be replaced, neither do I think Teleport will be replaced. Those moves are very much the most iconic Special moves Mewtwo was known for. Though just because they were iconic to us might not necessarily mean they'll be permanent during the development time he's worked on.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Mine kindred! Don't deny it, tho, the armor was pretty damn tight. Also, what's your stance on spoons?
The armor SHOULD be in. That's the only alt I'd consider. Maybe shiny.. but that's it. YES TO THE SPOON!

*insert image of Mewtwo stabbing Deoxys with the giant spoon here*

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
The armor SHOULD be in. That's the only alt I'd consider. Maybe shiny.. but that's it. YES TO THE SPOON!
White/purple tail - "Vanilla"
White/green tail - "Shining"
Desaturated - "Classic"
Indigo/white tail - "Shadow"

And then armored versions of each of the above. Bonus points for the armor changing colors, too.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mine kindred! Don't deny it, tho, the armor was pretty damn tight. Also, what's your stance on spoons?
No to spoon if you mean the manga one...at least not until the day comes where it is in a game. The latter applies to the armor as well. If it's a reference to the twisted spoon item in-game then I'd be for it.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Also if they change N-air. . .I'll be a sad Smash-Mewtwo fan.:sadeyes:
The armor is the definition of nostalgic fan-base for Mewtwo, which Mewtwo itself is fan-base. Armored suit may be a given.
White/purple tail - "Vanilla"
White/green tail - "Shining"
Desaturated - "Classic"
Indigo/white tail - "Shadow"

And then armored versions of each of the above. Bonus points for the armor changing colors, too.
Or the Armored being half of Mewtwo's palettes? YES PLEASE.:upsidedown:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'll add on that while it's my stance that I prefer anime and manga elements to not be in until they are in a Pokemon game, I wouldn't be mad if they actually end up in Smash. I just prefer it not happening unless it's officially announced.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I'll add on that while it's my stance that I prefer anime and manga elements to not be in until they are in a Pokemon game, I wouldn't be mad if they actually end up in Smash. I just prefer it not happening unless it's officially announced.
And this is a speculation thread, and these are valid avenues of speculation. :seuss:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I was okay with any cameo appearance of Spoon in taunt or something.

It's one thing to be in despair that :4falcon: & :4ganondorf: do not use their gun / sword, but Mewtwo finally getting a Spoon in his taunts would be quite sick. Or even within the Victory Screen Mewtwo would whip it out & spin it around with Psychic power.:awesome:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
When I take notice of general changes to a plethora of character's move-set, I feel Mewtwo may get slight changes in these moves, whether it's animation, hit-box, or a new visual elemental-based attack:
  • U-air = Big change
  • D-air = Big change
  • F-air = Big change
  • D-throw = Slight change
  • F-smash = Slight change
  • D-smash = Big change
  • U-smash = Slight change
  • Jab = big change
  • F-tilt? = Some change?
  • Down-B = Big change
  • Side-B = Slight change
I don't think Shadow Ball will be replaced, neither do I think Teleport will be replaced. Those moves are very much the most iconic Special moves Mewtwo was known for. Though just because they were iconic to us might not necessarily mean they'll be permanent during the development time he's worked on.
Also if they change N-air. . .I'll be a sad Smash-Mewtwo fan.:sadeyes:
The armor is the definition of nostalgic fan-base for Mewtwo, which Mewtwo itself is fan-base. Armored suit may be a given.

Or the Armored being half of Mewtwo's palettes? YES PLEASE.:upsidedown:
YES to four of his alts being armored!

I wonder if they'll keep the electric and "dark flame" attacks.. those were odd additions, but were definitely welcomed (to me at least.) If they do something more true to the anime/games I wonder if he's going to have smashes/tilts similar to Mega Man, in that they're projectiles.. I can definitely see him having a variety of psychic attacks, similar to how varied Mega Man's powers are. I really just hope they don't use the tail attacks much because that's a waste of an attack slot considering how they could give him a psychic attack instead.

I'm gonna have fun speculating on your list later though..

PS, LOL if they give him a counter!

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
YES to four of his alts being armored!

I wonder if they'll keep the electric and "dark flame" attacks.. those were odd additions, but were definitely welcomed (to me at least.) If they do something more true to the anime/games I wonder if he's going to have smashes/tilts similar to Mega Man, in that they're projectiles.. I can definitely see him having a variety of psychic attacks, similar to how varied Mega Man's powers are. I really just hope they don't use the tail attacks much because that's a waste of an attack slot considering how they could give him a psychic attack instead.

I'm gonna have fun speculating on your list later though..

PS, LOL if they give him a counter!
LOL well Smash is becoming Super Parry Bros., so,
:4myfriends:: Pepare Yourself
:4robinm:: Prepare Yourself (he actually says that in a taunt)

I'm content with the electric-based attacks, & darkness-based attacks. I'm okay with a few tail-hitting moves for some Melee nostalgia, such as his Tilts staying the same, but Smashes definitely If eel will get change.

D-smash could be two-hitting on both sides instead of one side, U-smash would be a Shadow Ball-like visual for anti-air & strong KB. F-smash could be like Mega Man but Psystrike-like instead. UGH:awesome:

EDIT: Oh and a unique shield bubble? Inb4 Barrier jokes.

Counter / Parry move would be Future Sight like I said a long time ago during out speculation.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Btw, just for visuals-sake, Palette examples to help the color speculation of palettes appear to be more plausible:
Red palette from Generation 1 Yellow version
Yellow palette from Geneartion 2 Silver version
Green palette aka Shiny form from Generation 4 Platinum version
Darker purple palette from Generation 5 Black or White / B2 or W2
Nah. Mirror Coat. :p
Or that! I won't even complain, but I like the idea of Future Sight now that I play Shulk & it feels pretty damn awesome.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Honestly the creativity of a new Down-B for Mewtwo can go in many directions.
Recover healing gradually over time like P:M Ivysaur Synthesis

A move that could deal damage & heal you like Robin's Nosferatu. Maybe Energy Ball as a Custom move would deal & heal you for it's grass-like Special nature or something.

Mirror Coat reminded by @ Eisendrachen Eisendrachen , how would that move work out? Speggulation please.:yoshi2: @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A did you miss my egg puns still?

Future Sight for affecting a certain area proc'd as a parry, hitting with an AOE effect.

UGH:awesome:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Mewtwo turns silver for a few seconds, reflecting projectiles and knocking enemies away. Think Fox's Reflector rather than Marth's Counter. :p
Radical to the max. The move's effect from the game does make that very fitting & canon afterall.

At first before thinking of anything, I imagined Mirror Coat does reflect projectiles, but as a bonus extra to Mirror Coat, it would put characters in stun if they use a close-hitting attack like a tilt or jab, or smash attack given it's not a projectile.
It would surely replace Disable, but the effect would be a returning aspect for the fans that enjoyed Disable from Melee.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Radical to the max. The move's effect from the game does make that very fitting & canon afterall.

At first before thinking of anything, I imagined Mirror Coat does reflect projectiles, but as a bonus extra to Mirror Coat, it would put characters in stun if they use a close-hitting attack like a tilt or jab, or smash attack given it's not a projectile.
It would surely replace Disable, but the effect would be a returning aspect for the fans that enjoyed Disable from Melee.
Custom Down 2: Magic Coat. Mewtwo flashes pink, redirecting the non-damage effect of an incoming attack back to the attacker.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I still can't believe this is actually happening... it's like... a dream.:mewtwomelee:
I KNOW RIGHT?! I feel the same!! I still can't believe it.

One last thing I forgot to mention in one of my previous posts about what I'd like Mewtwo to have back this time around is his N-Air. I don't know, I think it's very cool and I find it useful.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
While you're all arguing about the playable Mewtwo's gender, I'm just snuggling the daylights out of the one I caught in Amie.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Custom Down 2: Magic Coat. Mewtwo flashes pink, redirecting the non-damage effect of an incoming attack back to the attacker.
Oh snap!
Push-back, Wind-box, Ness' PSI Magnet dealing damage to himself, damaging whiff counters.

Oh man. I dig it, post more examples for the sake of awesome usage we could do with that!
One last thing I forgot to mention in one of my previous posts about what I'd like Mewtwo to have back this time around is his N-Air. I don't know, I think it's very cool and I find it useful.
That's what I'm saying. if his N-air doesn't return, I'm gonna be a little dead inside if it's changed up, for better or worse.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Right now I will ride whatever straw I have to grasp :')
GRASP. GRASP LIKE THE WIND, @ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 . :psycho:

For those concerned about the spoon, it doesn't have to be obvious, y'know? Make it subtle. Oddly-shaped hitflashes when Mewtwo makes her "contact" attacks will suffice. Pause the game at the right moment to find she's holding a giant spoon made of hitflash. :grin:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I would love it if his tail is longer this time. His tail in Melee was ok, but I LOVE his PM one. So much range. I've s*** off a lot of people by knocking them back with it till they can't even get back onto the stage anymore, or killing them off the top with uairs.

If it were in the middle this time - something between Melee and PM then he'd be perfect. (Not that he isn't already! :p)

I know it would never happen, but seeing him fight with his giant spoon would be pretty bad-ass.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I don't think the spoon should be used on his default moveset but instead put it in a custom move or two. I would use the crap out of that move.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
What does everyone think his Final Smash will be? It will either be Mega Mewtwo X or Y obviously, but the question is which one? I think X makes him look cooler, but Y could actually make him unleash some mega poweful psychic attack. X would probably be rampaging using ultra powerful physical attacks.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What does everyone think his Final Smash will be? It will either be Mega Mewtwo X or Y obviously, but the question is which one? I think X makes him look cooler, but Y could actually make him unleash some mega poweful psychic attack. X would probably be rampaging using ultra powerful physical attacks.

I think Y looks cooler. xD Plus- it does, after all, represent his true strength in being a Psychic type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom