• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
1. Calling Mewtwo female is not stupid nor wrong. It's his own thought. It's not like there's a strong canon in the anime anyway.
1.5. Someone has a skewed line of thought to think something as simple as calling a gender less Pokemon female is rude, stupid, and wrong while not realizing the massive hypocrisy he's engaging in.

2. You're not helping. You're making yourself look like an immature fool who cannot respect someone else's opinion. If he wants to think Mewtwo is female, that's fine. It's not like you have to follow his line of thinking, but at the same time no reason to chew him out on his own opinion.

3. I'm jumping on you because you're overreacting to a mundane subject, and in the worst way possible.

4. If he thinks Mewtwo is female and is saying it, that isn't speaking your mind freely? And he's clearly not afraid about it.

5. We want you to shut up about this meaningless argument and be civil. Is that too much to ask?

Oh wait, this is the Internet. I forgot. Silly me.
1. Because it makes no sense. So what are you doing then? What do I do differently by your logic? He's doing the same as me! I have the right to say what I think. If he can, then I can. Stop making **** up for your own logic to work when it doesn't.

2. I am helping. Helping telling crazy people that they're wrong and should stop talking ****. You're making yourself look stupid by defending such nonsense. You just wanna aggrovate me. Piss off. I know your kind. I haven't done **** and now you wanna **** it up.

3. YOU'RE OVER REACTION! I said my thing and then YOU CONTINUE! DO YOU ****ING UNDERSTAND THESE WORDS?! YOU want this. YOU DO THE EXACT SAME THING. But you sit on your ****ing high horse thinking your fancy **** somehow make you superior.

4. So am I. You're an idiot if you call Mewtwo male. That's my opinion. Use your own logic with that. Period.

5. I WANT YOU TO SHUT UP. AND I DID ONCE I SPOKE MY MIND. HOW the **** are you telling ME to shut up when it's I who has done nothing wrong? I have only tried to tell an idiot to stop. If you want to join him then do so but don't be a ****ing hypocrite.

Why the **** should I be civil?! What is that? Some **** you learned from your mom? I use words. I don't tell you to go kill yourself. I'm not afraid of speaking my mind when I know I don't do anything wrong. Typical ****ing Americans. Can't even be nice to the same group of fans. This is why I can't like Americans or people from the US. Always sitting on their high horse and when someone speaks against you then ooooh! Nooo! He said a bad word! Oooh he's lower than us!

Now... STOP talking about this **** and move on.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
1. Because it makes no sense. So what are you doing then? What do I do differently by your logic? He's doing the same as me! I have the right to say what I think. If he can, then I can. Stop making **** up for your own logic to work when it doesn't.

2. I am helping. Helping telling crazy people that they're wrong and should stop talking ****. You're making yourself look stupid by defending such nonsense. You just wanna aggrovate me. Piss off. I know your kind. I haven't done **** and now you wanna **** it up.

3. YOU'RE OVER REACTION! I said my thing and then YOU CONTINUE! DO YOU ****ING UNDERSTAND THESE WORDS?! YOU want this. YOU DO THE EXACT SAME THING. But you sit on your ****ing high horse thinking your fancy **** somehow make you superior.

4. So am I. You're an idiot if you call Mewtwo male. That's my opinion. Use your own logic with that. Period.

5. I WANT YOU TO SHUT UP. AND I DID ONCE I SPOKE MY MIND. HOW the **** are you telling ME to shut up when it's I who has done nothing wrong? I have only tried to tell an idiot to stop. If you want to join him then do so but don't be a ****ing hypocrite.

Why the **** should I be civil?! What is that? Some **** you learned from your mom? I use words. I don't tell you to go kill yourself. I'm not afraid of speaking my mind when I know I don't do anything wrong. Typical ****ing Americans. Can't even be nice to the same group of fans. This is why I can't like Americans or people from the US. Always sitting on their high horse and when someone speaks against you then ooooh! Nooo! He said a bad word! Oooh he's lower than us!

Hey

knock, knock

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Warning Received
...Thanks for the support guys, but let's stop feeding the trolls, shall we? Ridley's thread fell into this trap, too.

@ Swedish_Otaku Swedish_Otaku : As you've been adamant in pursuing your own special brand of malicious ignorance, I'm going to warn you now: I don't deal with hypocrites any better than I deal with idiots. Argument ad hominem (which is to say, "I think you're wrong, therefore I'll call you stupid instead of making my own points") is poor form and only serves to make you look bad. Which, by the way, you've done spectacularly with no need for my input!

I've reported every post, and will ignore you for good measure. I sincerely hope you'll learn that having the GIFT is not carte blanch to use it by the time you're actually old enough to have an account here.
You're the ****ing troll here. "Herpderp fancy word that bare no meaning derp."

Oooh! Warn me! Oooh! I'm scared now Mr Troll. The reason I don't NEED to have "special points" is because you say is like saying a a potato is a rock. IT IS OBVIOUS. Ohohohoo. So fancy yeees. Typing well to look to be above the person you want to **** with. OOoh so clever. I don't play that **** game you see. I don't need it.

Ooh! Reported. Then I shall do the same you bully.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Seriously, it's over, leave it, move on, and I don't believe it's just to attack Americans over one disagreement about the gender of a character. I don't think anyone here ever attacked you or your opinion we were just trying to have a cool calm discussion.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You're the ****ing troll here. "Herpderp fancy word that bare no meaning derp."

Oooh! Warn me! Oooh! I'm scared now Mr Troll. The reason I don't NEED to have "special points" is because you say is like saying a a potato is a rock. IT IS OBVIOUS. Ohohohoo. So fancy yeees. Typing well to look to be above the person you want to **** with. OOoh so clever. I don't play that **** game you see. I don't need it.

Ooh! Reported. Then I shall do the same you bully.
Please Just leave, you're just making a fool out of yourself. No one's taking you seriously or cares. Give up or get out

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Pls don't feed the trolls
P.S. mewtwo is genderless
THANK YOU.

Mewtwo is also sapient, and failing that, genetically human. In the English tongue, it is grammatically incorrect to refer to an androgyne or hermaphrodite as "it" unless they actually prefer that pronoun. We default to "he" unless informed otherwise, and in this case, Mewtwo's most recent sapient appearance was feminine, therefore I use the feminine pronoun.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's worth mentioning that genderless Pokemon can't breed in the games, I don't think it's incorrect to refer it as an "it" but it's a fictional animal, who the **** cares if people call it a he/she/it.

You know who doesn't care?

Me.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Well moving past this whole gender thing I had a question for ya'll that might spawn something productive!

Do you think Mewtwo X might be a Pallet swap/costume for Mewtwo seeing that Vanilla Mewtwo and Mewtwo X have the same body build and structure?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
we could probably assume mega mewtwo is it's final smash. l0l

I don't think they would add the other one for fear of issues recognizing it.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well moving past this whole gender thing I had a question for ya'll that might spawn something productive!

Do you think Mewtwo X might be a Pallet swap/costume for Mewtwo seeing that Vanilla Mewtwo and Mewtwo X have the same body build and structure?
Assuming MMY would be the final smash no, MMX evolving into MMY? Um...no thank you

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I've met far too many 8-year olds people, both in real life and on the Boards who argue with those very same arguments. Granted, I used to think Lucario was a Mewtwo clone, but I've since grown up. Lucario is different enough in many respects to not be clone, and the people who think he is also tend to think Wolf is a clone of Fox. Greninja is also different enough from both Lucario and Mewtwo to not be a clone. Irrelevance? Please, he got his own movie just recently and he got two Mega Evolutions. Can't argue with the people who are just upset about being wrong, because they'll never accept your argument, no matter how much you try or how reasonable it is.
I would facepalm so hard at anyone who thinks Greninja is a clone of Mewtwo. He's way closer to Sheik if anything.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
It's worth mentioning that genderless Pokemon can't breed in the games, I don't think it's incorrect to refer it as an "it" but it's a fictional animal, who the **** cares if people call it a he/she/it.

You know who doesn't care?

Me.
Well, apparently someone did care, whence the ****storm you had the misfortune of popping in on. I'm honestly embarrassed it dragged out so long. :nervous:

Doubtful, but on the other hand...

Assuming MMY would be the final smash no, MMX evolving into MMY? Um...no thank you
SLIDE EVOLUTION! :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No. Mega Mewtwo Y is most definitely Mewtwo's Final Smash. Plus, Mega Mewtwo Y doesn't have the same build as Mewtwo and couldn't properly use some of his moves (specifically, the ones involving his tail)
And Mega Mewtwo X wouldn't work because it would be awkward for him to be in one Mega form and then use his FS to transform into...another one.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I doubt it, especially if the MeVo is his Final Smash. MMX evolving into MMY would look...off.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Why are we still bringing up any **** about Lucario & Mewtwo being "clones" of each other. Why am I seeing general **** about genders being a big deal.
Like Aero said, but I'm only skimming through it because this is repetitive bull****.
Ugh. . .
I'm content with either or MEvo as Final Smash. I don't think MMX would be a palette-esque inspired design, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, so perhaps.
SLIDE EVOLUTION! :p
Awwww yeahhhhhhhhh. That'd be nice
MegaMewtwomonX: "SLIDE!. . .EVOLUUUTION!"

MegaMewtwoY confirmed Beast form digivolution.:shades:

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

I suppose it could happen, but I don't really think it will, nor do I personally want it to. Not only does Charizard have Mega Charizard X as Final Smash, but he lacks Mega Charizard Y as an Alt. Costume, despite their builds being at least as close to Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo X. Also, Mega Mewtwo X is canonically taller than Mewtwo, but that could be invalid, seeing some if the resizing that goes on in Smash. However, even without that, Mega Mewtwo X's tail, I do not believe (and correct me if I'm wrong), is nearly as long as Mewtwo's, and he holds it more stiffly, meaning that hitboxes would have to be changed, something that does not happen with Alt. Costumes. It would also seem strange, to me, at least, that Mega Mewtwo X would be an Alt. despite the fact that it is canonically more powerful. Granted, Fire Mario may kill that argument. I guess I personally think it would look wrong and unnatural, and do not personally desire for it to happen, and I don't see it as terribly likely, either.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
@ U-Throw U-Throw is right, it is unlikely. I hold we'll get, oh... Vanilla, Shining, GBC and Shadow palettes, plus an armored version of each. Off the top of my head. I'd at least hope for an armored form for both Vanilla and Shining Mewtwo, but that's just me~

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So when do you guys think he'll get a formal announcement (On the site)? I was expecting it to show up after the direct but it didn't so...

I just wanna see HD mewtwo :cry:

The struggle is too real

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Random post, but I grew up on Japanese Melee. I hope to see these victory quotes return on the Japanese versions of Sm4sh. My personal favorite quote is "Watashi wa makeru wake niwa ikanai!" (Translation-I cannot lose!)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
The most likely scenario to me is a non-speaking role similar to Pokemon Origins (yet more masculine than feminine) with a MMY final smash. Just an inkling.

Random post, but I grew up on Japanese Melee. I hope to see these victory quotes return on the Japanese versions of Sm4sh. My personal favorite quote is "Watashi wa makeru wake niwa ikanai!" (Translation-I cannot lose!)
YES THIS YES THIS YES THIS YES THIS YES THIS

So when do you guys think he'll get a formal announcement (On the site)? I was expecting it to show up after the direct but it didn't so...

The struggle is too real
I think we'll some speck of news every month. If we're lucky we'll get to see a beta of him in action (in the form of screenshots most likely) in December-February and a release in March. I mean if they can deliver Mewtwo by late January-Feb I wouldn't complain... as long as they get him right.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I think we might get a trailer somewhere around her halfway point in the development cycle, so maybe around when the Wii U version comes out?

maybe she can be part of duck hunt's trailer?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

The struggle is too real
Not until at least next year is my guess. I'd say more about it but I give up trying to make up any patterns to predict when it'll happen. And yeah, it's a struggle.
And for the trailer, Idc what it looks like, I wanna see a Captain Falcon scenario, but with Mewtwo being the Kyaputen Farukon of the trailer being the real star of the video.
Those palettes ;D
I dig those quotes too.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I think we might get a trailer somewhere around her halfway point in the development cycle, so maybe around when the Wii U version comes out?

maybe she can be part of duck hunt's trailer?
Or rather, Duck Hunt can be part of hers. :demon:

Oh, there's an idea. Think about it: We start with Lucario, struggling alone against impossible odds. Just, oh, ten seconds or so of Lucario fighting, slowly getting beaten down by multiple opponents... let's say, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Doc Mario, Pittoo, Duck Hunt and Toon Link. Things look bleak for poor Lucario, and his numerous opponents slowly get the better of him, until suddenly-

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

Mewtwo slams in out of nowhere and sends all of Lucario's opponents flying arse over teakettle. We get a minute or so of gameplay footage featuring Mewtwo UTTERLY CURBSTOMPING each of Lucario's former opponents, with Lucario marked as her partner each time. Then, when the last one falls, she turns to the injured Lucario, who offers a paw in friendship...

And we end with a final bit of gameplay footage, Mewtwo spiking Lucario off a cliff with a decisive Psystrike. :demon:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
As someone who mained Mewtwo in Melee since the game came out, I gotta wonder what Nintendo was thinking with him. Two near-useless specials, the huge size/light weight, and, well you all know the rest. I pretty much stopped playing Melee competitively when I came to the realization that he's near-impossible to play "seriously" at higher levels and I refuse to switch mains. PM gave him the true legendary treatment and I love how viable he is in that game. I still love Melee, but damn is it unbalanced. That being said, I did reach a pretty good level of skill with Melee Mewtwo and have bopped my higher tier-maining friends more than once.

I have a great feeling that Sm4sh Mewtwo will be great. Maybe not super-top-tier, but definitely tournament viable. Just look what they did with Bowser! I have faith that they'll buff him and throw in some new moves alongside the classics, while focusing on his superior recovery, d-tilt, and amazing throws; all of his Melee strengths! Sm4sh is already showing signs of reaching Smash 64 levels of balance. Every fighter feels like they have something to offer and could develop a lot of new ATs around them, and I feel like Mewtwo will be no exception!

Also, if my icon didn't indicate it, I love using his shiny color. It's my signature thing among my Smash buddies and I hope it's back in some form. Orange Mewtwo would be cool as well!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Also another cool thing we get to talk about is what her Win screens and taunts will be.

Gosh dang it is it good to be a Mewtwo fan or what?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't think Mewtwo will get movie armor as a costume. He'll probably get different colors. I think he'll get his default, red, blue, green, yellow, pink, darker purple, and black...or maybe a white one to replace one of the colors I mentioned.

Edit: If he has a green costume, I hope it's his shiny color, green eyes and all. I don't consider Melee's green a true shiny swap because he still had purple eyes.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I don't think Mewtwo will get movie armor as a costume. He'll probably get different colors. I think he'll get his default, red, blue, green, yellow, pink, darker purple, and black...or maybe a white one to replace one of the colors I mentioned.
Six months. P:M could do it, and they're a bunch of amateurs doing it for fun. Sack of Rice has hundreds of code-jockies paid to do it. It's not outside the realm of possibility~

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
what the **** am i reading
Your post and your avatar.

Too damn good of a match, dude. ¦D

Anywho, I expect Mewtwo to go a route somewhere inbetween that of Pit's and Dr. Mario's. He'll probably retain some of his old moves and they'll be retooled to work more efficiently while gaining completely new abilities or new versions of old abilities to further strengthen him and add additional tools and options for aiding in a successful victory.

Mewtwo is gonna rock this time around.

P.S.: I also prefer FemTwo but either is fine.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I have a great feeling that Sm4sh Mewtwo will be great. Maybe not super-top-tier, but definitely tournament viable. Just look what they did with Bowser! I have faith that they'll buff him and throw in some new moves alongside the classics, while focusing on his superior recovery, d-tilt, and amazing throws; all of his Melee strengths! Sm4sh is already showing signs of reaching Smash 64 levels of balance. Every fighter feels like they have something to offer and could develop a lot of new ATs around them, and I feel like Mewtwo will be no exception!
I mean so far everyone seems like they have a decent shot, no one as far as I can tell has been on that same level of weakness when it comes to tourney viability. Mewtwo will be fine. The thing we should be wondering is how they'll even him out compared to the other players and if he's gonna join Robin, Shulk, Rosalina and Luma and Olimar in the "special characters that will appeal to advanced players" category. I'm really hoping for that because I love those types of characters. Robin's tomes/Levin sword, Shulk's Monado Arts, Luma as a puppet character, micromanaging Pikmin.. I would love it if they made Mewtwo one of those characters. I guess Lucario has the "aura" ability but that doesn't really put him in the special category. I'd love to see a more complicated Mewtwo. Oh and to add to the wish list, dual mega evos (LB+B or RB+B).

The one thing I noticed with all the characters is that they all share certain moves even if they're "masked" differently (like the different types of counters and charge shots, etc.) His moveset is potentially predictable, though there will be a lot of twists we won't be able to predict..

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Six months. P:M could do it, and they're a bunch of amateurs doing it for fun. Sack of Rice has hundreds of code-jockies paid to do it. It's not outside the realm of possibility~
Ehh, my opinion is more like I prefer less elements from anime and more influence from the games when it comes to Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom