• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
To be completely honest, if not for the troll face I would have believed that entire back story.

After the roster leak being confirmed true the old leak that showed playable Mewtwo at the little Mac stage now has me wondering if it was actually legit.
Can you link that? I haven't seen it yet.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
To be completely honest, if not for the troll face I would have believed that entire back story.

After the roster leak being confirmed true the old leak that showed playable Mewtwo at the little Mac stage now has me wondering if it was actually legit.
Yeah i reckon he will be part of the final 5 :D

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace

Could I get the pic for this?

edit:nvm

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
People on Reddit, Smashboards and other places are all saying Mewtwo is the safest bet for one of the remaining 5 characters. Its nice to see a lot of optimism from people. 4 days!

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
GUYS GUYS
NICO NICO HAS A SMASH BROS THING FOR THE 12TH OF SEPTEMBER
THIS COULD BE IT!
"@SmashBrosJP: [おしらせ]9月12日(金)19時より、ニコニコ生放送にてスマブラ3DSの発売直前生放送番組が放送されます。
ご興味のある方は、ぜひご覧ください。 #スマブラ3DS_WiiU http://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi"

I put it in google translate (IM SORRY BUT ITS LOOSE ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND!)

"SmashBrosJP: ( Friday) from 19:00 12 days [Notice ] September , released just before a live program of Smash Bros. 3DS at Nico live broadcast will be broadcast .
If you are interested , please have a look . # Smash Bros. 3DS_WiiU http://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi"

THIS COULD DECIDE HIS FATE!

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
GUYS GUYS
THIS COULD BE IT!

"SmashBrosJP: ( Friday) from 19:00 12 days [Notice ] September , released just before a live program of Smash Bros. 3DS at Nico live broadcast will be broadcast .
If you are interested , please have a look . # Smash Bros. 3DS_WiiU http://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi"

Theres a good chance we will know the full roster before them. Honestly, it could come at any time from now until the release.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
GUYS GUYS
THIS COULD BE IT!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hopefully this is it!

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I honestly expect to find out before Friday. Stuff is bound to leak.
Good thing is, we (I) don't even need to watch out for leaks. If we (I) try to open smashboards and it is down for more then 10 minutes, one or more of four things happened: Mewtwo confirmed, Mewtwo disconfirmed, Ridley confirmed or Ridley disconfirmed.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I wouldn't put much faith in the Treehouse Event that's coming up. They're only planning on showcasing the new characters that are already revealed.
However, the next day is when we'll get the big news, as everybody in Japan will have their hands on it....including hackers.

...we could potentially get a leak before then though....who can say?

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I wouldn't put much faith in the Treehouse Event that's coming up. They're only planning on showcasing the new characters that are already revealed.
However, the next day is when we'll get the big news, as everybody in Japan will have their hands on it....including hackers.

...we could potentially get a leak before then though....who can say?
Appearantly my local game store is getting the game tomorrow. I still doubt it but I'll check. It's gonna be worth it :p

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Intensity mode activate

The ridley thread is translating a little we are getting something on the word "New Fighter"
Yeah, they're exceptionally skilled at hyping out all given situations. I stand by my word, as I did with the Bayonetta trailer; we won't get anything hype-worthy, other then a bit of "already known" Smash info.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
What?...
Mewtwo had the most data of all the cuts, which included a voice and a working model of him.
Ok, when the PMBR extracted said data, they said there wasn't much to it and was unusable. Either way, Mewtwo was cut from Brawl, not replaced by Sonic or Lucario, Sonic made it in due to being the opt most requested character for Brawl.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
MAYBE Mewtwo wasn't supposed to be added without Sonic,but Sonic was at least the final nail in the coffin for Mewtwo.:(

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
MAYBE Mewtwo wasn't supposed to be added without Sonic,but Sonic was at least the final nail in the coffin for Mewtwo.:(
How? Sonic was added due to fan demand, whereas Mewtwo was cut...NOT REPLACED. This is the Mewtwo thread by the way, not a place to sit here and trash Sonic just because we need to pin the blame to some character who had nothing to do with Mewtwo's being cut.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
That's what I've been saying, but others have been saying Sonic is the reason Mewtwo was cut/he was replaced by Sonic, when he really wasn't.
Mewtwo wasn't replaced by Sonic they had to add Sonic or face the wrath of his fanbase. Mewtwo and Roy were planned to return but they had to make room for Sonic. SSE took a lot of time too. Brawl was very rushed.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Mewtwo wasn't replaced by Sonic they had to add Sonic or face the wrath of his fanbase. Mewtwo and Roy were planned to return but they had to make room for Sonic. SSE took a lot of time too. Brawl was very rushed.
Exactly, Sonic was added in because of fan demand, not to replace anyone. People need to stop blaming characters and their fanbases for replacing characters they like, even if they had nothing to do with why they were cut.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Hasn't it been stated that Sanic is NOT the reason Mewtwo was cut. I think it was due to the SSE & Mewtwo couldn't function right.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Exactly, Sonic was added in because of fan demand, not to replace anyone. People need to stop blaming characters and their fanbases for replacing characters they like, even if they had nothing to do with why they were cut.
coughlucariocough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom