• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
In smash people generally preferred lucario and Lucario is kinda like the new mewtwo, he appeals to the newer pokemon fans unlike mewtwo, Plus there is more than 1st gen
...You're joking right? Mewtwo may not be the most played, but he's the most liked, how many gen 1 Pokemon we have doesn't really matter, especially if we got 1/2 of the Fire Emblem characters from Awakening.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
...You're joking right? Mewtwo may not be the most played, but he's the most liked, how many gen 1 Pokemon we have doesn't really matter, especially if we got 1/2 of the Fire Emblem characters from Awakening.
I think you mean 2/3 since lol Chrom.

Oh wait, we got all 3, since Chrom is in Robin's Final Smash.

Moving on.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
was hoping gen V gets some representation. but since both the ones that would make the most sense in smash (zoroark and genesect) mewtwo will more than suffice for the 6th pokemon :p
edit: mewtwo would so kick little macs ass. :3

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I agree Mewtwo is way more popular and gen 1 deserves to have more characters because the gen 1 pokémon were so much better than the other gens

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I agree Mewtwo is way more popular and gen 1 deserves to have more characters because the gen 1 pokémon were so much better than the other gens
hey i liked every gen. sure theres ONE pokemon in gen 6 i despise (THAT ****ING RING OF KEYS) but aside from the one i love every pokemon.
i am also including living ice creams and living trashbags. :p haters gonna hate.
that said, mewtwo is my favorite pokemon, so no **** i want him back in the smash pool.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
If not Wednesday, I believe NoA will be the ones to reveal Mewtwo Friday during the stream; it'd make a hell of a lotta sense, either way.

Last edited:

thagguy

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I'm surprised the game hasn't leaked in it's entirely already. At this point, it's already been shipped out to retailers and literally pallets of the game are sitting in storage (unless retail works much more last-minute in Japan than the US or something) in backrooms of stores all across Japan.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
hey i liked every gen. sure theres ONE pokemon in gen 6 i despise (THAT ****ING RING OF KEYS) but aside from the one i love every pokemon.
i am also including living ice creams and living trashbags. :p haters gonna hate.
that said, mewtwo is my favorite pokemon, so no **** i want him back in the smash pool.
I never said I hated all non-gen 1 pokémon. However, they are my favorite because i started with them and watching the tv show as a kid I liked the first season + the mewtwo movie way more than the rest of the series. Gen 1 also gave every pokémon their own "personality" if that makes sense. With that said I really did like gen 2 and 3. I didn't like gen 4, but I didn't dislike it either. Gen 5 was straight trash. And Gen 6 is pretty bad, but was an improvement from 5.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I like how Gen. 4 THOUGHT it had the most powerful Pokemon when they literally introduced God in Pokemon form, but then Gen. 6 Mewtwo rolls up to Arceus like

"WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!"
-Either Mewtwo Mega beats out Arceus' stat total by 60 points. Even on top of that, X has the highest attack of all Pokemon, and Y, the highest Sp. Attack. Bruh, those scientists literally succeeded at creating the world's most powerful Pokemon to ever exist.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I like how Gen. 4 THOUGHT it had the most powerful Pokemon when they literally introduced God in Pokemon form, but then Gen. 6 Mewtwo rolls up to Arceus like

"WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!"
Not gonna lie, it pissed me off how they tried to make a pokemon stronger than Mewtwo. But no matter how strong all these new pokemon get Mewtwo will always be the f***ing KING.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
In my opinion I don't think they will reveal another character until the game releases, which is where I think the rest of the characters will be revealed in a trailer something.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion I don't think they will reveal another character until the game releases, which is where I think the rest of the characters will be revealed in a trailer something.
I agree or maybe they will be revealed like the day of the Japanese release so they dont get beaten to it by the *** Leakers :p
Whats happening wednesday?
?

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Everyone is saying hoping for wednesday mewtwo gets unmasked i don't get it

Whats happening wednesday.
What people are saying is that ther have been multiple character reveals on Wednesday and they are saying there is a chance a new character could get revealed. They hope it's mewtwo.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
What people are saying is that ther have been multiple character reveals on Wednesday and they are saying there is a chance a new character could get revealed. They hope it's mewtwo.
Well tommorow is a good time cause its the last wensday b4 staurday (japan release) :D LETS JUST HOPE

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I personally don't see Mewtwo coming back in this iteration of Smash but I hope he does. I kind of liked him in Melee.

I hope you guys get to at least see him as DLC.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The thing about the Lucario and Mewtwo thing (i'm strictly speaking Smash 4 now) is, why in the world would Sakurai put Lucario, who wasn't as well received as mewtwo, and also lagged behind in popularity compared to Mewtwo ever since his inclusion, into smash 4 instead of adding Mewtwo? Its so nonsensical that, imho ,the only way to regard this as is that both are in. Or Sakurai lost it while coming up with jokes and trashtalking for Hades.
Because Sakurai is well aware how huge & hype the Mewtwo fan-base is for him to be in Smash, & the troll that he is, likes to jerk our emotions. He trolled us with Zero Suit Samus & we fell for it for the seconds her screen went gray NOT! "Just Kidding, she's back & better than ever!". Sakurai probably put Lucario in the game early to tease us, when really, revealing Lucario this early, along with that tiny tease of Greninja, probably is heavily pointing us in Mewtwo's soon-to-be confirmed direction. Lucario's is in Pokemon's top 10 if not top 5 overall popularity, or you know, Sakurai's laughing in the background.
There's more to it. Both :lucario: & :mewtwomelee: were underplayed, but the big differences were that Lucario was liked in Brawl, & Mewtwo was not liked in Melee for being a bad character, that is obvious. That is the smash-fan-base in a nut shell about these two. Even if Mewtwo has 3x more fan-base than Lucario, Mewtwo's game-play was looked down upon, thus the only things that were asked for on Mewtwo's behalf was demanding oof change & improvements to be in Brawl, but then did not happen. Lucario was viable while Mewtwo was not. It feels unfair comparing Melee Mewtwo to Brawl Lucario, but that's the case.
Not gonna lie, it pissed me off how they tried to make a pokemon stronger than Mewtwo. But no matter how strong all these new pokemon get Mewtwo will always be the f***ing KING.
Lol Pokemon was going in many directions that inspire our world & beliefs with myths in that mix. There was bound to be a "god pokemon" sometime that was expected. But MMX & MMY took care of that.:shades:

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I personally don't see Mewtwo coming back in this iteration of Smash but I hope he does. I kind of liked him in Melee.

I hope you guys get to at least see him as DLC.
I don't see why he wouldn't, there's more going for him than there is against him, plus he is the opt most requested veteran, so Sakurai would be wise to add him in.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
I mean this sm4sh doesn't have a legendary playable, so I think mewtwo would fit in well with this roster. That and if sakurai revealed mewtwo non playable this late in production there would be a rue awakening.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I still can't believe were a few days away...All I can say is...
COME ON SAKURAI TELL ME MEWTWO IS IN!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I mean this sm4sh doesn't have a legendary playable, so I think mewtwo would fit in well with this roster. That and if sakurai revealed mewtwo non playable this late in production there would be a rue awakening.
Someone said there wasn't a legendary in Sm4sh?:4myfriends:

So out of all the legendaries classified, there's these legendaries totalling to 48 in the image excluding formes. Victini Zygarde Xerneas Yvetal & Diancie are not included making the total count to 53 confirmed pokemon so far:

Most of them that get confirmed as anything will be Masterball summons.

Out of all the 53 so far, I see at best without trying too hard to make a move-set for, being 5.
  1. Rayquaza
  2. Mewtwo
  3. Genesect
  4. Deoxys
  5. Diancie

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Guys we got people on Wednesday,meta knight was Thursday ike was Friday it could be any day of the week tbh.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Someone said there wasn't a legendary in Sm4sh?:4myfriends:

So out of all the legendaries classified, there's these legendaries totalling to 48 in the image excluding formes. Victini Zygarde Xerneas Yvetal & Diancie are not included making the total count to 53 confirmed pokemon so far:

Most of them that get confirmed as anything will be Masterball summons.

Out of all the 53 so far, I see at best without trying too hard to make a move-set for, being 5.
  1. Rayquaza
  2. Mewtwo
  3. Genesect
  4. Deoxys
  5. Diancie
None of them are playable dude. :/

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is literally the most requested character in the west and east. Not to mention he was planned for both 64 and brawl, and the high amount of relevancy he has now. There is zero reason for him to not be in

God, I really hope so

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom