• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
None of them are playable dude. :/
None?!. . . . Not even Mewtwo?!?!. . . .You can't take back what you said in my original quoting of you now, no matter if you edit your post now or never.:troll:

So i'll object to you & say that to never rule out the possibility that they could be, especially Rayquaza & Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
To add to the Gen 1 conversation, the reason it gets so many reps is because it is the most iconic generation. Gen 2 is personally my favorite, but its hard to deny 1's status. Pikachu and Charizard are amongst the most well known Pokemon, and Mewtwo is definitely the most well known Legendary.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
None?!. . . . Not even Mewtwo?!?!. . . .You can't take back what you said in my original quoting of you now, no matter if you edit your post now or never.:troll:

So i'll object to you & say that to never rule out the possibility that they could be, especially Rayquaza & Mewtwo.
Miscommunication sry bra thought something else shouldn't be messaging at midnight. :o

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
To add to the Gen 1 conversation, the reason it gets so many reps is because it is the most iconic generation. Gen 2 is personally my favorite, but its hard to deny 1's status. Pikachu and Charizard are amongst the most well known Pokemon, and Mewtwo is definitely the most well known Legendary.
Sadly Gen 2 was overshadowed & appeared as just Gen 1's continuation with the introduction to Baby pokemon in the game along with other elements to the games. Don't get wrong though Feraligatr single-handedly won me over.

So yeah :4charizard: & :4pikachu: are the biggest faces of Pokemon. :mewtwopm: is too for better rather different reasons being the first pokemon in pokemon's media existence to have intelligence that doesn't make random noises or speaks it's name 24/7, & power. Those traits portrayed by Mewtwo's movies appealed to very many people who were into Pokemon. Huge reason why the movie made him big in the West & East.
Miscommunication sry bra thought something else shouldn't be messaging at midnight. :o
Np I'm just festing.
Mewtwo isn't really a villian, he's more of an of an antagonist
If we're being technical, Mewtwo's overall neutral.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
You, I like you. Best starter.:160:

As for Mewtwo, I think we oughta just sit back and see what happens. I'm neutral on his chances right now.
Oh, hey, a fellow gator fan of hotness. HYESZ! Did you happen to like these too?
:169::181::197::208::212::214::217::227::248::250:
And agreed. I'm barely over neutral on his inclusion, at best 65%, my respects & fan-speculation go out to Mewtwo in the mean time.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Feraligatr was my favorite Johto starter. I'm also neutral on Mewtwo's inclusion, but I hope he's in.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If Senpai doesn't even show off A character this week I will be REALLY butthurt.
Does A = Mewtwo?
Who's A in your equation post?
Feraligatr was my favorite Johto starter. I'm also neutral on Mewtwo's inclusion, but I hope he's in.
Omg why am I seeing 2+ Gatr fans in such a short period of time! In Mewtwo's thread no less! Where were you guys when Mewtwo was on his 160th page?!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Just any character will do this week, but it will be super hype than normal for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Oh, hey, a fellow gator fan of hotness. HYESZ! Did you happen to like these too?
:169::181::197::208::212::214::217::227::248::250:
And agreed. I'm barely over neutral on his inclusion, at best 65%, my respects & fan-speculation go out to Mewtwo in the mean time.
:169:is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Ever since Gen II came out, I've never looked back when it came to choosing a Flying type.
:181: is actually my older brother's favorite Pokemon. I gave it a shot in a recent Black 2 playthrough, and he's very reliable.
:197: The oddball on this list, as I'm not an Eeveelution fan, Jolteon being the exception.
:208: Love it. I've always really liked Onix, but he's just so useless. Steelix is defintely an improvement.
:212:I do like Scizor, though when it comes to Bug types, I prefer...
:214: Hits like a damn bulldozer, and OHKO'd an opposing Arceus once. While I love him quite a lot, I'm more of a Pinsir guy though.
:217: He and Crobat were a great combination on a Doubles team I used once. Quick Feet+Facade is a great combination.
:227:Been meaning to try it out, but never got around to it. Like it's design though.
:248:Ludicrously powerful and versatile. While I do like Tyranitar, I got real tired of everyone using him in gen IV and V.
:250:I prefer :249:, but Ho-Oh is still pretty damn cool. I especially love the lore surrounding it.

My favorite Gen II PKMN are :160::169::230:. While gen II was my first gen (Could never afford R/B/Y back in the day), I think it has the least amount of Pokemon that I really love. Not to say I still don't like it though, as I like all Gens for the most part.

Mewtwo is my second most wanted character at the moment. So that's enough for me to really want him in. Especially since he was needlessly dropped for Brawl.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
That's a confirmed fake Tempah. You can ever so slightly see the photoshop brush cursor on the right edge. It's a small circle.

As for my personal speculations: While the padlock situation has given me hope, it remains a possibility that the game mode does not in fact recognize characters that were not officially unlocked, and a development build would likely have everything unlocked through debug, not through gameplay. Furthermore, the leak by itself just seems like exactly the kind of wonky, disappointing roster that Sakurai would send out as a final product. Thus, I am still banking on DLC being Mewtwo's fate.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Idk if you guys can tell but I'm really hoping for a wario reveal at some point, but what if wario farts on mewtwo doe? That would be so hype for me!!!!!

Really autocorrect, doe?
Lol

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
That's a confirmed fake Tempah. You can ever so slightly see the photoshop brush cursor on the right edge. It's a small circle.

As for my personal speculations: While the padlock situation has given me hope, it remains a possibility that the game mode does not in fact recognize characters that were not officially unlocked, and a development build would likely have everything unlocked through debug, not through gameplay. Furthermore, the leak by itself just seems like exactly the kind of wonky, disappointing roster that Sakurai would send out as a final product. Thus, I am still banking on DLC being Mewtwo's fate.
I never thought of that explanation. Back to being depressed I guess.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

It's more likely that there are more characters, you know?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
:169:is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Ever since Gen II came out, I've never looked back when it came to choosing a Flying type.
:181: is actually my older brother's favorite Pokemon. I gave it a shot in a recent Black 2 playthrough, and he's very reliable.
:197: The oddball on this list, as I'm not an Eeveelution fan, Jolteon being the exception.
:208: Love it. I've always really liked Onix, but he's just so useless. Steelix is defintely an improvement.
:212:I do like Scizor, though when it comes to Bug types, I prefer...
:214: Hits like a damn bulldozer, and OHKO'd an opposing Arceus once. While I love him quite a lot, I'm more of a Pinsir guy though.
:217: He and Crobat were a great combination on a Doubles team I used once. Quick Feet+Facade is a great combination.
:227:Been meaning to try it out, but never got around to it. Like it's design though.
:248:Ludicrously powerful and versatile. While I do like Tyranitar, I got real tired of everyone using him in gen IV and V.
:250:I prefer :249:, but Ho-Oh is still pretty damn cool. I especially love the lore surrounding it.

My favorite Gen II PKMN are :160::169::230:. While gen II was my first gen (Could never afford R/B/Y back in the day), I think it has the least amount of Pokemon that I really love. Not to say I still don't like it though, as I like all Gens for the most part.
Mewtwo is my second most wanted character at the moment. So that's enough for me to really want him in. Especially since he was needlessly dropped for Brawl.
Radical, all of your inputs for each selected Gen 2 pokemon is appreciated. I can relate with all of your replies to them including Umbreon as I'm not a huge fan besides Leafeon for my bias of Grass / Green of the eeveelutions. My all-time favorite Gen 2 are :160::212: & :250:. Others like :208: & any other steel types were awesome including my other favorite bug :214:.
:mewtwomelee: for me was a late secondary to add onto my belt of Secondaries being :falcomelee: & :luigimelee:. :falconmelee: for awesomeness along with :linkmelee: later because of the Smash 64 memories I hold thanks to my older brother being a :link64: main. After Mewtwo wasn't confirmed in Brawl, I proceeded to main :metaknight: then :lucario: then :ivysaur:. Essentially nerfing my own primary main. Though, learning about Project Melee was all well & good because 2.6b:ivysaur: was stupid good & then 3.0 rolled around revealing this bad boy :mewtwopm:. And here we are.
This is fairly realistic & is a glaring possibility I have in thought of Mewtwo's outcome. (Not having the exact personal speculation you had, but was similar)

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Where did you hear that? o.o

Basically some dude apparently found them on sale and bought one.

If anything big happens, be sure to tag me in a post. I've been really busy the past week.
Will do man. It should pretty soon. We are also getting a character reveal this Friday.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Allow me to present my 5 second Masters Thesis as to how everyone is mentally at this moment, especially with the news @ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer posted.

MEWTWOOOOOOOOOOOOO COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOON

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice

Will do man. It should pretty soon. We are also getting a character reveal this Friday.
Holy. Shatner. Hopefully whoever owns this now will stay up all day playing it and show us some pictures of unlocks by the time we wake up.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
One more thing: where'd you get this picture?!?!?!
Someone posted it on Reddit from a source called 2ch. Ive never heard of it and couldn't find it anywhere. There's a chance that the person taking this photo is an employee for the gaming store as you can see a ladder next to him. Although, this means that the stock has been received and is being put out for sale. Someone, somewhere will break street date and the leaks start flowing.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

Mewtwo awaits.

MEWTWO AWAITS!

I can't wait for Mewtwo to prove to us why Arceus is in a Pokeball :mewtwopm:

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Someone posted it on Reddit from a source called 2ch. Ive never heard of it and couldn't find it anywhere.
2ch's short for 2channel, a popular Japanese imageboard and is actually the inspiration for English imageboards like 4chan or 7chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom