• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
getting the game friday morning. will leave the game on for 24 hours to see if i get him

im sure someone will hack it and tell us before then, though

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but it is with great dismay that I firmly believe that Mewtwo will not be in this game. The fact that w haven't seen a single hint of him just 2 days before release....:cry::cry::cry:
I've said it a million times before, but that's a good thing. Why else would they be so secretive about such a popular Pokemon if he was just a PokeBall summon?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but it is with great dismay that I firmly believe that Mewtwo will not be in this game. The fact that w haven't seen a single hint of him just 2 days before release....:cry::cry::cry:
While true there are plenty of reasons to believe there are more characters left. Mewtwo still has hope til its all said and done.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I've said it a million times before, but that's a good thing. Why else would they be so secretive about such a popular Pokemon if he was just a PokeBall summon?
While true there are plenty of reasons to believe there are more characters left. Mewtwo still has hope til its all said and done.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Why are there plenty of reasons to believe there are more characters still to be unlokcked? Are there ANY credible leaks pointing towards that.... I don't know guys, but I am feeling very dismal about Mewtwo's chances.... someone try to change this thought...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Why are there plenty of reasons to believe there are more characters still to be unlokcked? Are there ANY credible leaks pointing towards that.... I don't know guys, but I am feeling very dismal about Mewtwo's chances.... someone try to change this thought...
Neo Zero confirmed that there are more characters left to be unlocked. Do you not remember that entire rant and proof that I posted?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't know guys, but I am feeling very dismal about Mewtwo's chances.... someone try to change this thought...
Only you can decide what your thoughts on Mewtwo's chances are and what you believe.

Personally, I would suggest waiting until the Chickens hatch before you count your eggs.

P.S. Of course Sakurai is going to show more characters, this is not our final roster.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
You haven't heard anything official for Duck hunt or ness either.
anything can happen, its Sakurai.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Why? We have 7 mario reps, the roster has more characters than the leak and mewtwo is one of the most wanted characters
That still doesn't mean it's a 100% confirmation for Mewtwo.

We've still heard nothing, and we still have to wait.

Once the wait is over, then there will be nothing to be scared of. Believe me I'm very optimistic. It's normal to be a bit afraid at this point.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
That is true, but I see the Pokemon characters representing this (this is if we believe Mewtwo and Jigglypuff to be in the game):

Pikachu - Is the mascot of Pokemon.

Charizard - Represents the Pokemon games.

Lucario - Represents the Pokemon movies.

Mewtwo - Represents the Legendary Pokemon in the games.

Greninja - Represents the 6th generation.

Jigglypuff - Represents the Anime or represents the new Fairy Typing found in the Pokemon games.

That is my take on it.
May I take a different approach on your post? Sorry but thank you.

Pikachu - Game Freak / Pokemon Company hates Raichu with a passion, forcing this mouse to be the face mascot, despite the games & anime plot teaching you about evolving your partners & being a pokemon master. Thus Pikachu represents non-evolution.

Charizard - was supposed to be a dragon then wasn't, confusing the fan-base, then decade(s) later gets a Dragon Mega Evo. Happily Ever After. Only meant to represent Red & FireRed versions, but miraculously represents Green, Blue, Yellow, & the Emerald version(s) because the majority chose Charmander. Therefore Charizard represents the handheld game versions. You're safe Spin-offs!

Lucario - Represents Major appearances in the television series anime with Minor appearances too AKA he represents television. This Anubis Jackal is slowly & surely becoming #4

Mewtwo - Represents the first time pokemon had intelligence, common sense, power, movies, & specials. & as the Final Boss of Pokemon.

Greninja - Sheik needed a partner-in-crime so Greninja was hired to be in their Ninja-Duo ordered to assassinate the other Pokemon. He represents as the Water Ninja Frog starter in the Kalos region, with the intent to assassinate the pokemon roster.

Jigglypuff - Represents Irrelevancy & foundation of a newly introduced type that put Charizard back to Charicific Valley in fear. Which is why Charizard will have Mega Charizard Y when fighting against Puff in Sm4sh & 5mash.

How was that?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
May I take a different approach on your post? Sorry but thank you.

Pikachu - Game Freak / Pokemon Company hates Raichu with a passion, forcing this mouse to be the face mascot, despite the games & anime plot teaching you about evolving your partners & being a pokemon master. Thus Pikachu represents non-evolution.

Charizard - was supposed to be a dragon then wasn't, confusing the fan-base, then decade(s) later gets a Dragon Mega Evo. Happily Ever After. Only meant to represent Red & FireRed versions, but miraculously represents Green, Blue, Yellow, & the Emerald version(s) because the majority chose Charmander. Therefore Charizard represents the handheld game versions. You're safe Spin-offs!

Lucario - Represents Major appearances in the television series anime with Minor appearances too AKA he represents television. This Anubis Jackal is slowly & surely becoming #4

Mewtwo - Represents the first time pokemon had intelligence, common sense, power, movies, & specials. & as the Final Boss of Pokemon.

Greninja - Sheik needed a partner-in-crime so Greninja was hired to be in their Ninja-Duo ordered to assassinate the other Pokemon. He represents as the Water Ninja Frog starter in the Kalos region, with the intent to assassinate the pokemon roster.

Jigglypuff - Represents Irrelevancy & foundation of a newly introduced type that put Charizard back to Charicific Valley in fear. Which is why Charizard will have Mega Charizard Y when fighting against Puff in Sm4sh & 5mash.

How was that?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Pikachu - Game Freak / Pokemon Company hates Raichu with a passion, forcing this mouse to be the face mascot, despite the games & anime plot teaching you about evolving your partners & being a pokemon master.
Still hurts. My poor poor Raichu.:026:

I don't know, maybe I'm just thinking pessimistic....
Being pessimistic is my job. Just look at my avatar/posts.

Just relax, and see what comes. While it's foolish to blindly think Mewtwo is in, it's also foolish to not recognize everything he has going for him. While I'm still divided on him getting in, he has far more going for him than he does against him.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Anybody on this thread.

Getting the PAL/NTSC one... There's only 3-4 days left for the game in Japan anyway now.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Just because someone takes a picture of the game in its box does not mean he was able to buy it and take it home. He was probably just showing the game off and making the Internet jealous.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
oh god, if mewtwo really comes as a playable character i really wanna see peoples live reactions to thee trailer.... this will be a total blowout...

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm sorry, but it is with great dismay that I firmly believe that Mewtwo will not be in this game. The fact that we haven't seen a single hint of him just 2 days before release....:cry::cry::cry:
They haven't shown ANYTHING on the last remaining characters, which Mewtwo is likely (I'd say a good 90% chance) a part of, so stop doubting "The World's Most Powerful Pokemon."

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Not that I'm not optimistic, but should Mewtwo not make it in I won't be crushed like I was Pre-Brawl.
I hate to talk like this, but yeah, I agree; there's a lot of other things to look forward to for me, such as:

-On a portable!
-Better internet!
-Smash Run (Kirby Air Ride Mode; 'nuff said)
-Tons of inspiration from Uprising
-Gold/common currency is a thing
-Unlockable skills and customization
-All of these essentially factor to near infinite replayability.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
-Tons of inspiration from Uprising
A little something from the K. Rool thread.

Granted, not as bad as Starfox is getting, but with DK's recent resurgence, it really bothers me.

I know that I'm going to enjoy the game regardless (hell, it has Mega Man, there's basically no way I won't enjoy it now), but I would like it to be the best that it could possibly be. And Mewtwo's inclusion would help it reach that level.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I find it odd that someone could take a picture of the game in a store yet no one in the world has leaked the roster yet¿?

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well, soon it will be the moment of truth guys. The game could leak at any time this week, and if not its just 3 days away anyways. Gah, I don't know why I'm worrying so much. It makes no sense not to bring Mewtwo back especially at this point. I just read the first post and he has so much going for him, hell I'd say he has more going for him than any other possible character. If by a tiny, microscopic chance Mewtwo doesn't make it though... I'd want an explanation from Sakurai. Because it would make zero sense after he was only cut from Brawl due to technical difficulties and time restraints.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Actually, Mega Charizard X only takes neutral damage from Fairy. His Fire Typing prevents him from having the same weakness to Fairy as most other Dragons. Just wanted to point that out. :p

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I had an odd dream where I woke up and saw Mewtwo, Ridley and a bunch of other characters were on a leaked roster.

And what made it odd. Sneasel was one of the characters. -w-

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
It seems to me that Sakurai goes out of his way to deconfirm characters that fans would like to see as playable characters (Skull Kid, Waluigi, Lord Ghirahim, Dark Samus, etc). So far we've seen nothing to confirm or deconfirm Mewtwo. Sakurai is aware of the fans that want Mewtwo to return and if he were to be deconfirmed, I believe he would have told us already. I may be digging deep here, but I always remember in the melee intro with all the characters halfway through the intro we see a bunch of pokemon posing together. Mewtwo was not among the group despite being a secret character, but perhaps that is why he wasn't included in the intro so he could be a secret and surprise players. I've rewatched the Charizard/Greninja trailer several times and near the beginning we see legions of Pkmn from different gens all lined up before the camera zooms in on Charizard and Pikachu on top of the mountain, but once again Mewtwo is nowhere to be seen. I feel like if Mewtwo was to be a pokeball summon we would have seen him with the other legendaires or seen an official deconfirmation from Sakurai. No news is good news I suppose. No point worrying about it now, we'll find out very soon and if by some chance he isn't in the game, we can always hope for DLC. I'm going to stop stressing out over Mewtwo and just look forward to the games release now.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had an odd dream where I woke up and saw Mewtwo, Ridley and a bunch of other characters were on a leaked roster.

And what made it odd. Sneasel was one of the characters. -w-
Big deal, I keep seeing Sylux and Rundas in my dreams and dream rosters -w-

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It seems to me that Sakurai goes out of his way to deconfirm characters that fans would like to see as playable characters (Skull Kid, Waluigi, Lord Ghirahim, Dark Samus, etc). So far we've seen nothing to confirm or deconfirm Mewtwo. Sakurai is aware of the fans that want Mewtwo to return and if he were to be deconfirmed, I believe he would have told us already. I may be digging deep here, but I always remember in the melee intro with all the characters halfway through the intro we see a bunch of pokemon posing together. Mewtwo was not among the group despite being a secret character, but perhaps that is why he wasn't included in the intro so he could be a secret and surprise players. I've rewatched the Charizard/Greninja trailer several times and near the beginning we see legions of Pkmn from different gens all lined up before the camera zooms in on Charizard and Pikachu on top of the mountain, but once again Mewtwo is nowhere to be seen. I feel like if Mewtwo was to be a pokeball summon we would have seen him with the other legendaires or seen an official deconfirmation from Sakurai. No news is good news I suppose. No point worrying about it now, we'll find out very soon and if by some chance he isn't in the game, we can always hope for DLC. I'm going to stop stressing out over Mewtwo and just look forward to the games release now.
Sakurai actually hinted Mewtwo in the SSBM opening- amongst other hidden characters.
Go to 1:17. DK was hit by Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.
(bet most of you didn't notice this... ;3)
Also, at :34, Ganondorf is hinted at as well. Pichu and Jigglypuff can also be seen with Pikachu in the Pokemon scene.
And finally, at 1:15, the scene foreshadows Bowser's uh....unique transformation.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
But Pichu was a secret character shown in the opening! D:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai actually hinted Mewtwo in the SSBM opening- amongst other hidden characters.
Also, at :34, Ganondorf is hinted at as well. Pichu and Jigglypuff can also be seen with Pikachu in the Pokemon scene.
And finally, at 1:15, Bowser is transforming into...well, you know.
I wouldn't really count Giga Bowser as a hidden character, more like a hidden boss...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And finally, at 1:15, the scene foreshadows Bowser's uh....unique transformation.
That doesn't look like Shadow Ball. It looks like a purple Electro Ball from 10 years later in BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom