• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
A bit late to the discussions but yeah I seriously doubt we will ever hear Nintendo revealing Mewtwo until after launch. And by the time, someone will have already unlocked him (assuming he's in the game). He's not the kind of character they would show off early.

As for the Sonic thing, I don't think the theory of Sonic replacing Mewtwo was made out of spite. I, myself, thought that was kind of the case as well. To be honest though, it's not like either side has any actual confirmed proof. We may never officially know why Mewtwo was left out of Brawl.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
...I wasn't so happy about Lucario either....
Not that it affects Mewtwo's chances....just the fact that he's trolling us.
I'm curious, how did all those Mewtwo fans in that image react when Greninja was revealed?

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm curious, how did all those Mewtwo fans react when Greninja was revealed?
I was confused at it at first, but I was ok with it, especially since I really liked Greninja. Alos, I really didn't see any reason why Mewtwo wouldn't come back just because of him, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Lucario.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
A bit late to the discussions but yeah I seriously doubt we will ever hear Nintendo revealing Mewtwo until after launch. And by the time, someone will have already unlocked him (assuming he's in the game). He's not the kind of character they would show off early.

As for the Sonic thing, I don't think the theory of Sonic replacing Mewtwo was made out of spite. I, myself, thought that was kind of the case as well. To be honest though, it's not like either side has any actual confirmed proof. We may never officially know why Mewtwo was left out of Brawl.
I still expect one more trailer 1-3 days before launch, But have no idea who, or what would be revealed.

I was confused at it at first, but I was ok with it, especially since I really liked Greninja. Alos, I really didn't see any reason why Mewtwo wouldn't come back just because of him, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Lucario.
Brawl had six pokemon, so having six pokemon again is possible.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Brawl had six pokemon, so having six pokemon again is possible.
I know this, trust me, I've used this argument PLENTY of times against disbelievers...it usually doesn't go anywhere though, even when I show them proof that Sakurai considers Brawl to having 39 characters total, but they refuse to listen.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm curious, how did all those Mewtwo fans in that image react when Greninja was revealed?
I was upset that it wasn't Mewtwo, but I was "ok" with Greninja, since he was my starter choice in X and Y. I simply can't dislike him for that reason alone, especially since he was a huge reliability throughout most of the game for me.

Last edited:

Naoshi

people are idiots..... *LUCARIO DID NOT REPLACE MEWTWO*
ONE little move that is similar. THATS IT.
4chan has some of the biggest idiots and trolls i have ever seen.
What does 4chan have to do with this? I mean like... I don't understand why 4chan is getting singled out on this since the internet in general believes in that misconception. :/

I still expect one more trailer 1-3 days before launch, But have no idea who, or what would be revealed.
Yeah, if that happens (although I feel it's unlikely), it probably won't be Mewtwo considering he's a veteran, not a newcomer. Not to mention he'll probably be one of the very late unlocks, so I honestly don't see him getting announced anytime soon.

Last edited:

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
Im wasn't mad at lucario for being in brawl, I was mad mewtwo was taken out, idc but no such thing as too many characters IMO... the greninja trailer was epic cause ninjas are godlike :-)

Naoshi

I reacted positively. I almost thought it was Mewtwo but there were several factors against that possibility so yeah. Glad Greninja got in, he has a really cool design.

But I find it weird that people claimed he ruined Mewtwo's only chance in the roster when they're nothing alike...

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Not jumping to any conclusions, but I would be pretty shocked if there are 5 more characters that we don't know and none of them are Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The more you guys bring up anything about Lucario & Mewtwo in the same sentence about Brawl's aftermath ordeal, the more I can harass you all about it & gloat about how much Lucario will dominate the world's strongest pokemon.:denzel:

Seriousy, I'm a decent person but it's starting to irk my 50% to a 48%. Mewtwo lost to Time Restraints in Brawl just like he did in Smash 64. SSE defeated a lot of characters development time. Please end this discussion.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
The thing about the Lucario and Mewtwo thing (i'm strictly speaking Smash 4 now) is, why in the world would Sakurai put Lucario, who wasn't as well received as mewtwo, and also lagged behind in popularity compared to Mewtwo ever since his inclusion, into smash 4 instead of adding Mewtwo? Its so nonsensical that, imho ,the only way to regard this as is that both are in. Or Sakurai lost it while coming up with jokes and trashtalking for Hades.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I'm sure that "5 more" is an arbitrary fan-theory to fit the 9 x 6 rectangle roster dimensions. We'll see soon enough.
It would make a lot of sense to fill it up. The only other thing i could see would be DLC later. Also will all 3 Mii's have their own slot, 1 slot for all 3, I also heard the Mii's would not have a slot at all? Anyone know?

Last edited:

Naoshi

The more you guys bring up anything about Lucario & Mewtwo in the same sentence about Brawl's aftermath ordeal, the more I can harass you all about it & gloat about how much Lucario will dominate the world's strongest pokemon.:denzel:

Seriousy, I'm a decent person but it's starting to irk my 50% to a 48%. Mewtwo lost to Time Restraints in Brawl just like he did in Smash 64. SSE defeated a lot of characters development time. Please end this discussion.
Yeah, I agree. Lucario had nothing to do with Mewtwo and neither will Greninja.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
From what I hear it seems like Wednesday is high leak day possibility for the whole roster.
Well considering that word has it a few shops get the game tomorrow and some shops like to immediatly bust them out instead of keeping streetdate, that sounds highly plausible.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Well considering that word has it a few shops get the game tomorrow and some shops like to immediatly bust them out instead of keeping streetdate, that sounds highly plausible.
Exactly also the guides should be releasing any day as well.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Once someone gets the game how long do you think it will take them to unlock all the characters(mewtwo???) ? My guess is it would only take a few hours because you can play vs. and set it to 1 life and walk off the side. So if thats true I'd expect a leak tomorrow, or maybe Wednesday.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I think out of all of the speculation characters, Mewtwo has the highest chance of being in Smash 4. (Yes, over Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men, etc.)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Once someone gets the game how long do you think it will take them to unlock all the characters(mewtwo???) ? My guess is it would only take a few hours because you can play vs. and set it to 1 life and walk off the side. So if thats true I'd expect a leak tomorrow, or maybe Wednesday.
As soon as someone gets the game, I'd expect us to know the details that day. Perhaps around 2-3 hours after they get it.

Naoshi

Hmmm, didn't it took everyone a full day (or around there) to unlock Wolf in Brawl? Not to mention unlocking Mewtwo in Melee took a while. I expect him to be a near final character unlock.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hmmm, didn't it took everyone a full day (or around there) to unlock Wolf in Brawl? Not to mention unlocking Mewtwo in Melee took a while. I expect him to be a near final character unlock.
Modders and hackers are much more prominent now, it decreases the time severely.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The thing about the Lucario and Mewtwo thing (i'm strictly speaking Smash 4 now) is, why in the world would Sakurai put Lucario, who wasn't as well received as mewtwo, and also lagged behind in popularity compared to Mewtwo ever since his inclusion, into smash 4 instead of adding Mewtwo? Its so nonsensical that, imho ,the only way to regard this as is that both are in. Or Sakurai lost it while coming up with jokes and trashtalking for Hades.
In smash people generally preferred lucario and Lucario is kinda like the new mewtwo, he appeals to the newer pokemon fans unlike mewtwo, Plus there is more than 1st gen

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wednesday...we can only dream.

liquid used lucario reaction pic

thread used outrage

it's super effective :happysheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.