• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I want Pichu back, alongside Ridley, Mewtwo, and Isaac.

Sure, he'd just be a squeaky toy in Ridley's claws, but I really liked playing as him.

I still don't think there is any chance that Mewtwo is not going to be playable. Smash Bros. is a game that is pretty much about fanservice. You don't leave out the biggest fan request in a game like that.
You call Pichu in sm4sh fanservice? That would be more like taking a dump on the whole fanbase.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You call Pichu in sm4sh fanservice?
No. Unfortunately most fans hated him because of how pathetic he was. I just want him back because he's awesome. Plus, he would be just as easy to implement as he was originally, and he would still be a more original character than Dr. Mario.

Not putting in Mewtwo would be idiotic, though. There is no reason to not put him in. He plays uniquely, he's relevant to both his own series and Nintendo as a whole, he fits the game, and he's the SINGLE MOST DESIRED CHARACTER. He's in.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
You call Pichu in sm4sh fanservice?
Pichu would be fan service for young casual players and for players who like winning with characters that hurt themselves. While I would definitely love Pichu to be back, I really doubt he will. Mewtwo still has a chance though.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Not putting in Mewtwo would be idiotic, though. There is no reason to not put him in. He plays uniquely, he's relevant to both his own series and Nintendo as a whole, he fits the game, and he's the SINGLE MOST DESIRED CHARACTER. He's in.
EXACTLY!!! But apparantely that didn't stop Sakurai from taking him out of Brawl. Or maybe it was just that a new generation of pokemon thing.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
EXACTLY!!! But apparantely that didn't stop Sakurai from taking him out of Brawl. Or maybe it was just that a new generation of pokemon thing.
Sakurai did not purposely take him out of Brawl, he simply ran out of time to add him back. It was a mistake that I'm sure he sees now.

He was going to be in, but wasn't given high priority after Sonic rolled his blue spiky *** in

(lol)

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
He wasn't as heavily demanded in Brawl, because he hadn't sat a game out yet. I'm not sure people expected any cut characters in Brawl. Regardless, he was only cut due to a last minute inclusion of Sonic. We're dealing with a fixed roster at this time, so nothing will push him out of the way.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Seeing as he was an incomplete character in the data, he was planned, but there wasn't enough time. Surely this time around Sakurai planned better to make sure he really gets in.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Seeing as he was an incomplete character in the data, he was planned, but there wasn't enough time. Surely this time around Sakurai planned better to make sure he really gets in.
He wasn't as heavily demanded in Brawl, because he hadn't sat a game out yet. I'm not sure people expected any cut characters in Brawl. Regardless, he was only cut due to a last minute inclusion of Sonic. We're dealing with a fixed roster at this time, so nothing will push him out of the way.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Sorry if I sound dumb but I don't think I understand. How hard would it be to take his melee moveset and apply it to brawl? But after hearing this I feel pretty confident for his return.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sorry if I sound dumb but I don't think I understand. How hard would it be to take his melee moveset and apply it to brawl? But after hearing this I feel pretty confident for his return.
Well, as others have said... It apparently had something to do with a late inclusion of Sonic.

I don't know where that detail comes from, though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Sorry if I sound dumb but I don't think I understand. How hard would it be to take his melee moveset and apply it to brawl?
That is a very complicated question that I am not even going to attempt to answer fully. Suffice to say: Not very easy. It's not the sort of thing you can just copy/paste. The games weren't built off the same engine. Physics worked differently. There would be a lot of tweaking needed, even if you just wanted to drop him in and not refine him at all.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
That is a very complicated question that I am not even going to attempt to answer fully. Suffice to say: Not very easy. It's not the sort of thing you can just copy/paste. The games weren't built off the same engine. Physics worked differently. There would be a lot of tweaking needed, even if you just wanted to drop him in and not refine him at all.
I agree with this.

I also blame the Subspace Emissary for stealing precious character development time.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yeah like how mewtwo and lucario need to coexist! i would do a 1 on 1 fight against lucario with metwo :D it would be cool if we both were megas at the same time :)
252+ SpA Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario: 271-321 (96.4 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lucario: 270-318 (96 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Lucario wouldn't lay a finger on Mewtwo. No even in his final form.
...yeah, Lucario is just a sitting duck to Mewtwo.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
EXCATLY THATS WHY I WANT TO DO IT CAUSE LUCARIO SUCKS AND I NEED TO GET REVENGE FOR HIM REPLACING MEWTWO IN BRAWL :D
Well, he wasn't replaced but yeah I approve.

Nd while you're at it, take down Greninja for trolling us in the smash direct.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Mewtwo is just a secret character. Unless we get a Villains trailer really soon (even though Mewtwo isn't REALLY a Villain).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I know what I'm going to do when I get my hands on Mewtwo in SSB4. Have it Mega Evolve (if it has that in its moveset) and use it against a Mega Lucario.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't foresee any more trailers before the Japanese release.

Even if there was one, I doubt it would show anybody we didn't already know. If Mewtwo, Ridley, etc. are there, they are the most secret of characters seeing as they aren't present until after unlocking Duck Hunt Dog, R.O.B, etc.

So, here we wait for the final leak, or the release date.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I know what I'm going to do when I get my hands on Mewtwo in SSB4. Have it Mega Evolve (if it has that in its moveset) and use it against a Mega Lucario.
Pretty sure that's #1 on every smasher's to do list.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I kind of don't want Mewtwo to have a Mega Evo final smash. I mean I don't have anything against his two Mega's, but I'd rather him do some over the top cool attack.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Dr. Mario making it in doesn't help Pikachu, since he was a an alt that was made to be his own charcater simply to beef up the roster.

and there were 6 pokemon in brawl, not seven
Which is true. By that same standard however, I'm wondering why people say that helps Mewtwo get in Sm4sh anymore because of Dr. Mario in the ESRB leak. Where did anything in the leak say that Dr. Mario was originally an alt then scrapped in order to be a slot for roster padding? Source please, sorry but thank you.:)
Lucario wouldn't lay a finger on Mewtwo. No even in his final form.
In Smash? Maybe.:troll: Wanna bet?
252+ SpA Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario: 271-321 (96.4 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lucario: 270-318 (96 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
I'm pretty sure that Zombi was referring to Smash Lucario vs Smash Mewtwo. Your calculations of stat differences are not canon to the non-canon cross-over that is Super Smash Brothers.:troll:
EXCATLY THATS WHY I WANT TO DO IT CAUSE LUCARIO SUCKS AND I NEED TO GET REVENGE FOR HIM REPLACING MEWTWO IN BRAWL :D
You can eat a FCAS to the face & be KO'd at 40%, & you will like it!:urg:
Nonono hotness, him.:4greninja: because :4greninja:'d No EDIT required.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Thing is there IS going to be a trailer AFTER the release of the japanese version - if i remember correctly it airs at OUR release date - October 3rd. So it could be we know Mewtwos fate before its trailer. (I think the trailer announcement even had "new character reveal" on it, which can mean 2 things: 1, there is ACTUALLY DLC, or 2, it will be a trailer for one of the secret characters. But those would be unlocked til then anyway so i don't know...)

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Thing is there IS going to be a trailer AFTER the release of the japanese version - if i remember correctly it airs at OUR release date - October 3rd. So it could be we know Mewtwos fate before its trailer. (I think the trailer announcement even had "new character reveal" on it, which can mean 2 things: 1, there is ACTUALLY DLC, or 2, it will be a trailer for one of the secret characters. But those would be unlocked til then anyway so i don't know...)
No, there isn't. That email was just announcing our release date and telling people that they could watch the Shulk trailer on the website.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Which is true. By that same standard however, I'm wondering why people say that helps Mewtwo get in Sm4sh anymore because of Dr. Mario in the ESRB leak. Where did anything in the leak say that Dr. Mario was originally an alt then scrapped in order to be a slot for roster padding? Source please, sorry but thank you.:)

In Smash? Maybe.:troll: Wanna bet?

I'm pretty sure that Zombi was referring to Smash Lucario vs Smash Mewtwo. Your calculations of stat differences are not canon to the non-canon cross-over that is Super Smash Brothers.:troll:

You can eat a FCAS to the face & be KO'd at 40%, & you will like it!:urg:

Nonono hotness, him.:4greninja: because :4greninja:'d No EDIT required.
yes i was refering to smash lucario vs smash mewtwo and what do you mean i can eat a FCAS and get KO'd XD

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Where'd you hear this at?

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Good point because the starting roster has allready been confirmed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom