• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well, we got a falco trophy in another smash game that was not falco (it was from command) so why not again?

Also, for the saying that there was still more characters, this has bean floating around for a while. Why now has every forum exploded simultaneously?
Because there's proof for it.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
This final few days is honestly going to be some of the scariest for us, because we'll either get a reveal, or nothing, as per usual.

Even if we still continue to get nothing, up until the game is released in Japan, it won't mean he isn't in the game, it will just prove that he is unlockable and we should see that confirmed once the Japanese players unlock all the characters. Otherwise, if there is nothing of him still, there is always DLC (but I doubt that Mewtwo will be DLC - can't see it happening.)

So even if things do look grim, there will always still be two more chances.

I'm really hoping we see him because I've remained so optimistic about his return for pretty much the past 3 years since hearing about Sm4sh. I will be pretty crushed if Sakurai once again decides to let us down and not include him. I'm repeating myself now, but as I said before, it would not make sense for Sakurai not to include him in the game.

The roster is well finalized by now with less than 5 days to go. I really really hope we see Mewtwo.

I really do.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Perhaps we could talk about all the possible alternate movesets... As if he is confirmed, which is likely.
I already discussed about my alternate move-set ideas. . .lemme find 'em.
EDIT Here we go. BTW This spoiler is based off the result we don't get a single change of Melee Mewtwo & his specials all return generally the same as they played in Melee:
:GCB:= Shadow Ball
  • Custom variation 1 = Rapid-fire Shadow spheres. Imagine Melee Mewtwo's F-throw now as a custom option, with the choice to shoot them uncharged or charge it to have 3 medium sized shadow spheres to come at different speeds or different start-up or ending-frames, shooting one baby sphere out & the mix-up option to cancel it storing in power for the other 2 spheres. The 'faster pewpew' option to offset the lack of power & pressure a FCSB would do to someone trying to approach.
  • Custom variation 2 = Gravity Ball. Weird custom move right? This emphasizes the Psychic attribute of pushing back or bringing foes. Not a chargeable option but thrusted out forward from the slow start-up of channeling it instantly to be FC, pushing it forward with the push-back mechanic behind Mewtwo's back & brings foes forward in a set distance in front of Mewtwo's line of sight. The Ball is sent forward slowly but is multi-hit & has a finishing final hit that launches foes back after it detonates. The Gravity Ball keeps opponents that catch it caught & sucked into the sphere that can take hits like a meat shield protecting Mewtwo's front as well.
:GCL::GCB:/:GCR::GCB:= Confusion
  • Custom variation 1 = Psypulse. Imagine how Mewtwo or any psychic pokemon would use their telekinesis to push opponents back away from them in a strong knock-back manner. Same applies here where a successful channeled grab puts them in a stasis of slightly lifted up, then pushed away taking % damage launched in a direction you choose with the DI of your control stick. This takes a wind-effect aspect but removal of the wind & more of the strong push-back effect we see happening a lot for Psychic types.
  • Custom variation 2 = Electric Confusion. (your idea). Summons a hit-bubble of electric hits mixed with darkness in the form of psychic power to be a multi-hit AOE attack to have a good amount of hit-stun & shield-stun during the ending for both Mewtwo & others that are within the attack whether they get hit or stay in shield.
:GCUL::GCB:/:GCU::GCB:/:GCUR::GCB:= Teleport
  • Custom variation 1 = Dark Pulse. Don't confuse the name with how it works in the games, it's just a name given. The move is a slower blinking move than Teleport, which the first blink of Point A being where you start, a large pulse sphere of purple / black psychic power erupts to be an active hit-bubble & erupts another hit-bubble of darkness at your Point B. Slower-but-stronger while being a safe recovery trading off speed & unpredictability with challenging hit-box attacks & AOE.
  • Custom variation 2 = Shadow Aftermath. (disregard the silly name). Longer blink range than Teleport however supresses your movement rendering you unable to cancel out of it once inputted. The range & length along with a bumpy control of guiding your direction makes it hard to use but better if mastered. When used, the entire direction / line used in middle of your Point A to B blinks, electric & dark energies emit in your path taken after a time delay occurs, being an active line of domino hit-boxes following your ending B. (Sorry if that's confusing)
:GCD::GCB:= Disable
  • Custom variation 1 = Imprison. Used in the same way Disable does with that tiny bright dot shooting forward, any fighter that makes contact with Imprison will be trapped in a dark purple crystal that's hit-able like Lucas' PK Freeze proc effect or G&W's 8 IceBlock Judgement. Imprison lasts longer allowing strong attacks like tilts to do damage to it without breaking the purple crystal, while heavy attacks such as Smashes FC would break it adding launch power from how much damage you stockpiled. This applies grounded & airborne.
  • Custom variation 2 = TravelTeleportingDisable. (your idea but I really like that). Chargeable light to travel as far as it caps or short as you want, pressing B again to decide if you'd like to blink to that point area. The twist is if the longer-ranged Disable is if making contact with any fighter, they become dazed & stunned for one moment, pressing B again from any distance blinks you to their location to do a proc attack that instantly grabs them for combo setups or stage-controlling throws.

I just hope his Neutral Air, his up and back throws and his Forward Air are back just as Melee's. Oh, and please don't nerf the Shadow Ball or Teleport. They can change the rest completely if they want.
So you're indirectly okay with any of his tail attacks removed or changed? How dare you, he's got to use his tail once somehow.:troll:
But yeah, I like all of those moves to remain fairly the same with some spice sprinkled on his N-air making it more darkness-based rather than electric-based. I have to say to Shadow Ball & Teleport that they probably wouldn't get nerfed, because Shadow Ball is long due for a replacing move such as Psystrike to take its place.:shades:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, we got a falco trophy in another smash game that was not falco (it was from command) so why not again?

Also, for the saying that there was still more characters, this has bean floating around for a while. Why now has every forum exploded simultaneously?
Because the speed of common sense is lowered drastically by the internet.

It's like light or sound. The speed changes based on the medium the transmission is going through. While information itself travels incredibly quickly across the internet, common sense lags behind by several days.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Because the speed of common sense is lowered drastically by the internet.

It's like light or sound. The speed changes based on the medium the transmission is going through. While information itself travels incredibly quickly across the internet, common sense lags behind by several days.
There are those people that have LAN adapters that allow common sense to be much more fluent and quick. It's pretty easy to tell them apart from the rest.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
This final few days is honestly going to be some of the scariest for us, because we'll either get a reveal, or nothing, as per usual.

Even if we still continue to get nothing, up until the game is released in Japan, it won't mean he isn't in the game, it will just prove that he is unlockable and we should see that confirmed once the Japanese players unlock all the characters. Otherwise, if there is nothing of him still, there is always DLC (but I doubt that Mewtwo will be DLC - can't see it happening.)

So even if things do look grim, there will always still be two more chances.

I'm really hoping we see him because I've remained so optimistic about his return for pretty much the past 3 years since hearing about Sm4sh. I will be pretty crushed if Sakurai once again decides to let us down and not include him. I'm repeating myself now, but as I said before, it would not make sense for Sakurai not to include him in the game.

The roster is well finalized by now with less than 5 days to go. I really really hope we see Mewtwo.

I really do.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Kinda my first post on this thread but have been watching thus far.
I truly believe that Mewtwo is in Smash 4 being one of the most wanted by many and whatnot.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Also just a reminder in these final days to stay polite and civil with each other. With tensions high I would hate to see this thread turn into a flame war.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also just a reminder in these final days to stay polite and civil with each other. With tensions high I would hate to see this thread turn into a flame war.
Reminds me of when the Ridley thread was locked because of one.

We're all doused in gasoline now. Anyone sets off a match and we're all dead.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Kinda my first post on this thread but have been watching thus far.
I truly believe that Mewtwo is in Smash 4 being one of the most wanted by many and whatnot.
What about 5mash coming this Holiday 2014? Surely if you believe Mewtwo's in Sm4sh then he must be in 5mash.:upsidedown: Also, happy 1st post in Mewtwo's Unconfirmed Thread!
A flame war? Psh, Everything will change when the Fire Nation attacks this week.
I'm chill & always decent. I'm more interested on how everyone else will react. . .:smirk:

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Reminds me of when the Ridley thread was locked because of one.

We're all doused in gasoline now. Anyone sets off a match and we're all dead.
Too bad Mewtwo isn't a water type or fire type. Could easily make a a flame war joke by saying that fire "is not very effective against Mewtwo." Sadly this is not that case.

At least I can say Mewtwo resists the haters. Where's a Mewtwo throwing Ash with psychic gif when I need one...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Too bad Mewtwo isn't a water type or fire type. Could easily make a a flame war joke by saying that fire "is not very effective against Mewtwo." Sadly this is not that case.

At least I can say Mewtwo resists the haters. Where's a Mewtwo throwing Ash with psychic gif when I need one...

You called...?
:grin:

Last edited:

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Seriously though what if the trailer with all the Pokemon had mewtwo in it, and in his reveal trailer, during the fight of the Pokemon and smash characters fight, meanwhile mewtwo has been charging his shadow ball or whatever, and jumps out of the shadows to hit all of them making a crater or something epic like that, because let's agree that those were mewtwo's hands in that trailer.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'll be watching a livestream of a Let's Player I watch for when he gets the Japanese 3ds version, I want to see who's left, and I want to see Mewtwo playable...I'd be devastated if Sakurai wasted Mewtwo's potential once again...

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I hope Mewtwo doesn't pop out of a master ball in the middle of a match. That would be the biggest slap to the face. Then again, that roster leak with the "?" over Mewtwo's icon leads me to believe this was the idea.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Neo Zeo only confirmed there are more characters. While it means Mewtwo has a chance, I still won't jump the gun and say confirmed. He isn't confirmed until there is proof like a non-photoshopped photo.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I believe Sakurai would of shown Mewtwo off instead of Arceus in the direct, if this was the case.
Or maybe he'd rather play it safe and wait for the game to sell before dropping the bombshell while laughing under his desk at other's expense.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Neo Zeo only confirmed there are more characters. While it means Mewtwo has a chance, I still won't jump the gun and say confirmed. He isn't confirmed until there is proof like a non-photoshopped photo.
Come on now...who else besides Ridley and Mewtwo would make sense? Especially considering that these last characters must be the hardest to unlock....

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I hope Mewtwo doesn't pop out of a master ball in the middle of a match. That would be the biggest slap to the face. Then again, that roster leak with the "?" over Mewtwo's icon leads me to believe this was the idea.
When I deeply think about it with a calm mind only thinking about that moment & NOTHING ELSE, I'd think, "That's. . .sort of fitting".

What did we use to catch Mewtwo in the games?
What did the games stress to us about the usage of the Masterball?

That said, I will be hoping that the Masterball Mewtwo idea is only used IF it's his summoning entrance within the Announcing countdown.
3! *Masterball appears*
2! *Mewtwo appears from the Masterball*
1! *Mewtwo makes movement getting in position ready to fight*
GO!

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Come on now...who else besides Ridley and Mewtwo would make sense? Especially considering that these last characters must be the hardest to unlock....
There are a lot of potential characters. While there are a lot of people demanding them, Sakurai is the one who makes the decisions on who gets in and who doesn't. For all we know, Ridley is a boss, Mewtwo is not in, and Pichu is playable. Personally I'd prefer Ridley stay a boss while both Mewtwo and Pichu are in, but there are a lot of characters Nintendo could be using for the final slots.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, I think I know what that "?" stands/stood for. From what I heard over at the Ridley thread, awhile ago there was a SSB4 conference or something and someone asked about Mewtwo being playable. Sakurai straight up responded with "We're thinking about it". If this is true, then that explains why the "?" was over MewTwo.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
There are a lot of potential characters. While there are a lot of people demanding them, Sakurai is the one who makes the decisions on who gets in and who doesn't. For all we know, Ridley is a boss, Mewtwo is not in, and Pichu is playable. Personally I'd prefer Ridley stay a boss while both Mewtwo and Pichu are in, but there are a lot of characters Nintendo could be using for the final slots.
Pichu??? That would be THE HARDEST B**** SLAP to all Ridley fans. You sir are an eeeevil man.

Last edited:

Mewter

Smash Master
*Smash Slash*
*Fire*

Pokemon Stadium appears before us and roars of excitement from the crowd fill the air.
In the center of the brightly lit stadium are Pikachu and Charizard, duking it out.
"Both Pokemon are low on HP and down to their last couple Pokemon," the announcer says, "so it's still anyone's match!"
Pikachu runs in for the kill and electrocutes Charizard with a volt tackle, ensuring its victory.
The crowd cheers wildly and Charizard is returned to its Pokeball.
"Oh it looks like Charizard has fallen to the other trainer's Pikachu! That was brutal!"
Then we see the trainers.
On one end, Ridley is revealed! He is a Boss that throws Pokeballs! He is Pikachu's trainer.
On the other end is Pittoo! He grabs a Pokeball from somewhere and throws it.
We get momentarily slowed down footage that reveals it is a Master Ball!
Mewtwo is revealed as a Master Ball Pokemon! They are so overjoyed to see Mewtwo back in any capacity!
The crowd goes wild!
"Mewtwo makes his long-awaited reappearance!" the announcer declares in a Japanese accent. It shows K. Rool as the announcer, but he takes off his mask and it turns out to be a man we know all too well in a crocodile costume.
"(laughs)"

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Pichu??? That would be THE HARDEST ***** SLAP to all Ridley fans.
I want Pichu back, alongside Ridley, Mewtwo, and Isaac.

Sure, he'd just be a squeaky toy in Ridley's claws, but I really liked playing as him.

I still don't think there is any chance that Mewtwo is not going to be playable. Smash Bros. is a game that is pretty much about fanservice. You don't leave out the biggest fan request in a game like that.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Pichu??? That would be THE HARDEST B**** SLAP to all Ridley fans. You sir are an eeeevil man.
Pichu has no hopes. Sorry to say, he barely made it in, he was nothing more than a last minute clone who had recently gotten popular due to his short movie and the fact that he's a smaller weaker pikachu. Seriously, I REALLY doubt he'd make it back ever

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Guys, Mewtwo isn't going to be a Masterball. He'll be one of the 5 characters.

Hopefully. ;__;
Well, there were 7 pokemon in brawl so yeah maybe.

Pichu has no hopes. Sorry to say, he barely made it in, he was nothing more than a last minute clone who had recently gotten popular due to his short movie and the fact that he's a smaller weaker pikachu. Seriously, I REALLY doubt he'd make it back ever
That Dr. Mario leak though :0

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Reminder: Melee's CSS didn't fill up the whole 3 rows. The bottom 2 corners were empty. It could be like that design again.

meaning only 3 characters not 5. I'm confident at this point that all the Brawl cuts are gone sadly but Mewtwo could easily be one of the three. The other two idk. Hell it could just be Mewtwo. It wouldn't fit for it to be another Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus or Kirby character so idk who those could be.

I will say however the roster would look better if Mewtwo was added only as well. As well if that caused Wii Fit Trainer to move down a row.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom