• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
But Mewtwo can still not be in. Don't get me wrong I'll die when he is confirmed but I don't want to get my hopes up.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman

To everyone who had a shred of doubt when it came to Mewtwo....

A fight? Please...it would be a "fight" if everyone had an equal chance of winning....
I love your optimism! But, as long as we don't hear a name, Mewtwo is not confirmed in my eyes.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
OH SORRY I THOUGHT YOU OF ALL PEOPLE HAD FUN WHILE ON SPEED OH EXCUSE ME SIR

inb4 random pokemon over mewtwo
The only Pokemon I can picture competing against Mewtwo at this point are Sceptile and Blaziken but the Hoenn starters have a lower chance of making the cut than Mewtwo IMO.

Steelia

Smash Champion
But Mewtwo can still not be in. Don't get me wrong I'll die when he is confirmed but I don't want to get my hopes up.
This is my line of thinking as well. For the longest time, I've been incredibly pessimistic about him showing up on the in-game roster, biding time until either hackers find more Forbidden Seven-esque fighters, or DLC announcements. But now I'm slightly more optimistic... Not by much, but enough to continue rooting for him. There's just SO much going for him. It's almost unfathomable to *not* picture him in.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh, at my work, we got Pikachu, Charizard lanyards to start.

We had Squirtle lanyards, but now they are in the back.

A few days ago, when the leaked CCS was leaked, we got Jigglypuff lanyards.

Today, when the CCS is "said" to not be final? We just get Mewtwo lanyards.

This is scary stuff guys.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh, at my work, we got Pikachu, Charizard lanyards to start.

We had Squirtle lanyards, but now they are in the back.

A few days ago, when the leaked CCS was leaked, we got Jigglypuff lanyards.

Today, when the CCS is "said" to not be final? We just get Mewtwo lanyards.

This is scary stuff guys.
I don't get it.

The fate is.... Cruel ?

K ROOL CONFIRMED

Steelia

Smash Champion
The "fate is cruel" part of Neo's post DOES worry me a little though...
"Fate is cruel" is just a saying, fyi. In his case, he knows this secret info but he cannot share it, as much as he would like to, probably to protect his source. Don't worry about it. I'm actually more curious to know if there's MORE than one character yet to be revealed. Then I'd feel much~more confident in Mewtwo being apart of them. But just 1? It's probably just Chorus Kids or something ]:

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok so how does neo zero confirmed real

Was he the same roster leaker or something

Or was he someone that was at the pax secret confrence thing.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I don't get it.

Ok, so Pikachu and Charizard represent the starting roster from the start, which my store had right away. Then, then the first half of the CCS leaked, we got Jigglypuff lanyards in, who was locked, while we replaced the Squirtle lanyards. Now, the roster is said to be incomplete, and we got Mewtwo lanyards in today. Like a prediction and freaky timing on the lanyard arrivals. Jigglypuff on the day she was leaked, Squirtle put away when said to be cut...

It's just really coincidental timing with lanyard arrivals and replacements.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ok, so Pikachu and Charizard represent the starting roster from the start, which my store had right away. Then, then the first half of the CCS leaked, we got Jigglypuff lanyards in, who was locked, while we replaced the Squirtle lanyards. Now, the roster is said to be incomplete, and we got Mewtwo lanyards in today. Like a prediction and freaky timing on the lanyard arrivals. Jigglypuff on the day she was leaked, Squirtle put away when said to be cut...

Lanyards coinciding with Pokemon Smash Bros information! Mewtwo confirmed! Illuminati confirmed!

Boofer

Smash Ace

Thats basically what everyone is on about atm. The "fate is cruel" part of Neo's post DOES worry me a little though...
But wait, couldn't the "out of 686" just be a reference to a constant number? Couldn't 686 just be the total number of trophies in the game? Am I missing something here? That just seems like the most reasonable explanation. In other words, that wouldn't tell us whether the pics were from the same save game or not.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

This has to be some of the most insane coincidental stuff I've heard. I mean, my theories on Mewtwo anniversary date reveals were insane, but at least ONE was almost right.

I'm still hoping he gets revealed soon.

One theory I had to Mewtwo's reveal date was it coinciding with anything related to anniversaries. In July, this came full circle as many of Mewtwo's media was released in this month. Specifically, the event in question was the July 13th reveal coinciding with the release of M16 AKA Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened or Extremespeed Genesect. This movie showed off Mega Mewtwo Y for the second time before XY and as such, the date being an extreme coincidence was not to be ignored. When the reveal happens, I become extremely disappointed as Lucina and Robin come instead. Now, me growing to freaking loving them as new mains is another story, but that is how it happened. Thanks, red herring. You fooled me with one character to get me to love 2 in return.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
ok so to recap, the MF leak isnt final. but

where does 5 guys left come from? and where does mewtwo come from? 5 guys to make the css a rectangle? and mewtwo just because?

at least theres a little bit of hope. but i always knew that css wasnt final. everyones forgetting about getmatsu being near flawless and that the little boys havent been revealed. i really doubt theres 5 more guys...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Most likely slowpoke but i just remembered something

Neo said more characters right so atleast 1 more

I just remembered

? Mark on mewtwo neo said he couldn't tell who but...

Maybe its mewtwo

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Most likely slowpoke but i just remembered something

Neo said more characters right so atleast 1 more

I just remembered

? Mark on mewtwo neo said he couldn't tell who but...

Maybe its mewtwo
Exactly. :facepalm: Come on guys....do you seriously not see all the facts pointing towards him?
It IS Mewtwo. He IS in the game. Period. No questions need to be asked any longer. We just need to wait till someone unlocks him.

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
ok so to recap, the MF leak isnt final. but

where does 5 guys left come from? and where does mewtwo come from? 5 guys to make the css a rectangle? and mewtwo just because?

at least theres a little bit of hope. but i always knew that css wasnt final. everyones forgetting about getmatsu being near flawless and that the little boys havent been revealed. i really doubt theres 5 more guys...
I love it how everyone instantly attacked the Gematsu leak after it was wrong about Chrom and Shulk. "FAAAAAAAAAAAKE"
Well, everyone is also forgetting whilst Chrom was cut, Shulk made it in at a later date. All that's left now are the Chorus Men (unless they were cut during development as well, meaning we have probably seen the full roster now).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I thought the 5 remaining slots were to be an arbitrary fan theory to make the 9 x 6 a suitable rectangle. I won't debate about that.

Broken Record: Mewtwo has a lot more going for him than others. The palette + custom move-sets to help ease the blow / pain from the likely cuts in @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 's post with the X's, besides Mewtwo Snake Ivysaur & Ice Climbers can't really be put in as a palette for any character along with the custom specials. Unless we believe Rosaluma spiritually 'replaced' Ice Climbers, I see no chance of 3 Chorus Kids on the battlefield at once. I see Marshall if anything.

Cuts OR characters that can be 'replaced' with said Palette + Custom movesets:
:drmario::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::falco::lucas::wolf:
Characters that can't be 'replaced' with a palette + Custom move-sets:
:mewtwomelee::popo::ivysaur::snake::squirtle:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I love it how everyone instantly attacked the Gematsu leak after it was wrong about Chrom and Shulk. "FAAAAAAAAAAAKE"
Well, everyone is also forgetting whilst Chrom was cut, Shulk made it in at a later date. All that's left now are the Chorus Men (unless they were cut during development as well, meaning we have probably seen the full roster now).
Gematsu came under fire as early as Rosalina and Luma.

And quite frankly, the idea of Chorus Men is stupid IMHO. Recent leaks have done nothing to show them while keeping Mewtwo in ambiguity, so I assume they are false.

Shulk was almost obvious ever since the Tweet. Sakurai stopped posting on Twitter so frequently because fans instantly assumed "tweet about X? Y confirmed!"

Except this time, it was justified.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So can I get a brief rundown of what the current status of Mewtwo is? People are claiming he is confirmed everywhere and Im confused.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So can I get a brief rundown of what the current status of Mewtwo is? People are claiming he is confirmed everywhere and Im confused.
It's because Neo Zero confirmed that we still have more characters left.
...and this went along with it as proof.
I rest my case. Mewtwo confirmed.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace

reliable person said the MF/esrb css leak isnt the final roster

everyone is assuming there is at least 5 more characters and one of them HAS to be mewtwo

lol. thats it. its probably just 1 more character in one of the music boys

It's because Neo Zero confirmed that we still have more characters left.
...and this went along with it as proof.
I rest my case. Mewtwo confirmed.
jeez dude. i know not having the leak be final is exciting but cmon thats not what the word confirmed means at all

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
reliable person said the MF/esrb css leak isnt the final roster

everyone is assuming there is at least 5 more characters and one of them HAS to be mewtwo

lol. thats it. its probably just 1 more character in one of the music boys
You know, if you're going to spread pessimism, perhaps you should just not comment here. This is a place to support Mewtwo, not bash his chances. You have my warning.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Ok I get it now. Personally I don't think that this means Mewtwo is a shoe in but it does bode well. I guess we only have 4 days until we find out.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
You know, if you're going to spread pessimism, perhaps you should just not comment here. This is a place to support Mewtwo, not bash his chances. You have my warning.

im allowed to post what i want here. nobody supports him more than me. i just cant believe people are running around saying confirmed. its bull**** and you guys are getting people confused. theres still hope out there for us, which is a great thing, but thats still all we have

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm running out of methamphetamine jokes

Here, let me close that gasoline tank you left open. It's leaking and it could cause problems-

im allowed to post what i want here. nobody supports him more than me. i just cant believe people are running around saying confirmed. its bull**** and you guys are getting people confused. theres still hope out there for us, which is a great thing, but thats still all we have
Hey, that match in your hand, blow it out, would you? It's kinda growing big and there's gasoline everywhere...

Basically what I say to you both is SHUT UP AND BE PEACEFUL before a flame war erupts and this thread becomes Ridley 2.0.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
This thread could use some more confirm't Mewtwo.

Final few days should pass on by and we'll see the ultimate fate of Mewtwo.

The past few days went by faster than normal because I spent too much time modding P:M and adding god PSA's and crap.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I see some unnecessary festery going on in here. . .

It's nearing the end of the tunnel. Anything beyond that tunnel exit should neither be surprising nor expected riding this rollercoaster. Any last topics to discuss for Mewtwo's sake in the new world? The last thing I brought up was Swift, being a serious topic for a re-designed move for him. Characters being re-done from practically scratch, I doubt everything about Melee Mewtwo will come back.

EDIT: Bring on the last remaining topics.

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I see some unnecessary festery going on in here. . .

It's nearing that end of the tunnel of fate. Any last topics to discuss for Mewtwo's sake in the new world? The last thing I brought up was Swift, being a serious topic for a re-designed move for him. Characters being re-done from practically scratch, I doubt everything about Melee Mewtwo will come back.
Perhaps we could talk about all the possible alternate movesets... As if he is confirmed, which is likely.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, who exactly is this Neo Zero person featured in that image? Is there any reason to think that his statement regarding the leaked roster is an actual fact and not just an opinion?

Exactly. :facepalm: Come on guys....do you seriously not see all the facts pointing towards him?
It IS Mewtwo. He IS in the game. Period. No questions need to be asked any longer. We just need to wait till someone unlocks him.
I'd like to think Mewtwo is likely, but he's not guaranteed.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So, who exactly is this Neo Zero person featured in that image? Is there any reason to think that his statement regarding the leaked roster is an actual fact and not just an opinion?

I'd like to think Mewtwo is likely, but he's not guaranteed.
Neo Zero is a moderator on the forums and has always been reliable when it comes to debunking false leaks and rumors.
In short, he's extremely dependable.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm seriously dry of meth jokes

So apparently this is the message everyone's trying to send.

Subtle.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I just hope his Neutral Air, his up and back throws and his Forward Air are back just as Melee's. Oh, and please don't nerf the Shadow Ball or Teleport. They can change the rest completely if they want.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
No its not go read the wolf thread! He is just a colour for fox and not even an alternate plus he is a villan and star fox needs more than 2 reps plus crystal is unlikely at this point because she was shown as a trophy in the leak!
Well, we got a falco trophy in another smash game that was not falco (it was from command) so why not again?

Also, for the saying that there was still more characters, this has bean floating around for a while. Why now has every forum exploded simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom