• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
AT's/pokeballs at least have a fair chance of becoming playable characters next game (Charizard, Little Mac, etc). Bosses/hazards though, not so much, but if Mewtwo became a pokeball then it would still spell eternal damnation, as I don't see someone ever going from playable to pokeball and then to playable again, especially when they had everything going for 'em these last couple years.

lol And I'm used to Xzsmmc's doom and gloom posting style when it comes to Ridley or whoever. Helps me face the music for the likely disappointment that is to come if anything.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I disagree. If Mewtwo/Ridley is not going to be playable, I'd rather not see him at all. Every time I'd see him come out of a PokeBall/fly onto the stage, it would just be a painful reminder that you can't play as this character you like. Just like how I every time I see a Samurai Goroh AT, I die a little on the inside.
Let's be real here. As much as you act like its a disgusting idea for Mewtwo being a Pokeball. You are just acting. People need to be real.

I disagree. If Mewtwo/Ridley is not going to be playable, I'd rather not see him at all. Every time I'd see him come out of a PokeBall/fly onto the stage, it would just be a painful reminder that you can't play as this character you like. Just like how I every time I see a Samurai Goroh AT, I die a little on the inside.
Let's be real here. As much as you act like its a disgusting idea for Mewtwo being a Pokeball. You are just acting. People need to be real.

I did not mean to double post. Sorry but I keep getting ads when I click the Post reply button. Making the page blank with only the ad on. And then after refreshing the page the post is still in the Reply box meaning it's not posted.

I apologize again :o

Last edited by a moderator:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Sakurai wouldn't demote Mewtwo to a boss or Pokeball.
He knows the fans would be pissed at him for it. :p
I completely agree. I'm just sick of the people who overreact over something that didn't happen yet. You wouldn't feel pain. You would feel like its a bit annoying but not "pain"

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I just don't like the idea of DLC characters. If there is going to be any DLC I believe it will be alternate color pallets and/or alternative costumes. And extra moves every once in a while. But a whole, great character with a unique moveset just seems too far fetched for me.
But fighting games do it all the time. It's not far fetched at all. Especially after the Mario Kart 8 DLC.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
But fighting games do it all the time. It's not far fetched at all. Especially after the Mario Kart 8 DLC.
Am I missing something?

Last I checked the Mario Kart 8 DLC included new characters and stages. And still a car there isn't very "unique". You can't compare a kart to a fighter. The karts don't do specific things. They have specific features. But that would be the equivalent of a fighter's taunt or something.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I wonder if it will actually say "Strikes Back!!"
...it seems to perfect.
Then again...Robin did say "Time to tip the scales!"

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Am I missing something?

Last I checked the Mario Kart 8 DLC included new characters and stages. And still a car there isn't very "unique". You can't compare a kart to a fighter. The karts don't do specific things. They have specific features. But that would be the equivalent of a fighter's taunt or something.
Well I mean I wasn't exactly comparing it to a fighter, I just used that as an example to demonstrate Nintendo's ability to put out DLC. And DLC characters are a standard in a lot of fighting games, there's no reason why they wouldn't be able to do it for Smash. Absolutely no reason.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Well I mean I wasn't exactly comparing it to a fighter, I just used that as an example to demonstrate Nintendo's ability to put out DLC. And DLC characters are a standard in a lot of fighting games, there's no reason why they wouldn't be able to do it for Smash. Absolutely no reason.
I agree, and I will even explain. The 3DS can support 32 gigabyte SD cards. The entire game is going to be roughly 2.1 gigs, and the characters themselves may only take a tenth of the 2.1 gigs, meaning that space is not a problem.
The only issue would be the time it would take to make a character from scratch, but, in my opinion, that would not prevent new DLC characters from being released.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I agree, and I will even explain. The 3DS can support 32 gigabyte SD cards. The entire game is going to be roughly 2.1 gigs, and the characters themselves may only take a tenth of the 2.1 gigs, meaning that space is not a problem.
The only issue would be the time it would take to make a character from scratch, but, in my opinion, that would not prevent new DLC characters from being released.
If Mewtwo was to be made into DLC by fan request. It would be a lazy one.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
AT's/pokeballs at least have a fair chance of becoming playable characters next game (Charizard, Little Mac, etc). Bosses/hazards though, not so much, but if Mewtwo became a pokeball then it would still spell eternal damnation, as I don't see someone ever going from playable to pokeball and then to playable again, especially when they had everything going for 'em these last couple years.
lol And I'm used to Xzsmmc's doom and gloom posting style when it comes to Ridley or whoever. Helps me face the music for the likely disappointment that is to come if anything.
My reputation proceeds me. I swear, I don't go out of my way to be a downer, I'm just a cynical guy.

I was being hyperbolic, but I really would be extremely disappointed if Mewtwo was stuck as a PokeBall summon.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I guess.

Same goes for Takumaru/Ghirahim/Dark Samus(;_; )/blah whatever deconfirmed character supporters.

Although for Dark Samus the pain is lessened since alt skin.

Regardless, good point.

That doesn't really mean anything since they are usually only there to entice those who have blind faith in leaks.

Imagine if a trailer came, looks like it's gonna be Ridley and it turns out to be Rundas or Sylux or any other one shot character.

Imagine if a second Pokemon trailer came and it looks like Mewtwo but ends up being Genesect(deconfirmed ik but just as an example)

You get my point.
Well, there are still 5 physical spaces left on the character select screen, so you never know who might get in.

D

Deleted member

I once had a dream that both mew and mewtwo were playable in both 64 and melee mew was a faster but weaker clone brawl was in my dream as well they were both cut guess it can also be a nightmare i hope
mewtwo ends up playable mew is unlikely

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I once had a dream that both mew and mewtwo were playable in both 64 and melee mew was a faster but weaker clone brawl was in my dream as well they were both cut guess it can also be a nightmare i hope
mewtwo ends up playable mew is unlikely
More Mewtwo dreaming.

Thread is becoming paranoid.

plumpythepanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
plumpythepanda
3DS FC
3325-1502-8082
If mewtwo returns I hope they'll keep the feature that mewtwo doesn't actually TOUCH any of the items, like even with the Hammer he just kinda swings it around him. It was just kind of a nice nod to his psychic-ness.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
That can indeed be true, & is a fair point.

Yes indeed.

The problem with that is now:
  • Sakurai announced Greninja, who is X & Y's promotion via starter pokemon first before anything X & Y related.
  • Charizard & Lucario have a Mega Evolution that are both from X & Y, before showing Mewtwo as a fighter.
  • "Considering it" for only Mewtwo's Mega Evolution Y is something plausible, but is not enough news to confirm Mewtwo as a fighter.
  • Mewtwo being the former in Mega Evolution, is now being the latter in Smash.
1. Greninja has nothing to do with Mewtwo or his relevance.
2. No representation for Y (which Mewtwo would be perfect for), yet there's Charizard for X and Lucario for the whole story of Mega Evolution (Spoiler for those who haven't played X or Y, Lucario's the first you use).
3. Perhaps, but it should be obvious that it's desperately wanted. Every poll I've seen has Mewtwo in the top 5.
4. What?

I've seen leaks with Mewtwo, one saying he'd be in alongside Chorus Men, Ridley and Dixie Kong, another saying him, Ridley, and Dixie again, as well as Impa and Mach Rider. The one with Chorus Men even said there would be 8 alternate costumes/color swaps, but when I brought it up, people were trying to tell me that leak was fake. The hype is real with this game, no doubt about that, but these leaks have just been making peoples heads turn. I honestly don't care who else is revealed, but I'm hoping mostly for Mewtwo. Ridley and Dixie Kong would be interesting as well though, but either way I won't be disappointed.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This was in the Snake thread(thx @Lord_Arceus):

So reportedly, someone in France got the game early (It's like Pokemon X & Y all over again). We will probably know of Snake's fate sometime this week.

We have a few days AT BEST before something comes out.

Start praying. I mean it.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine @Masonomace @ Steelia Steelia @Mewter @ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer @ ORVO5 ORVO5 @ SmashBroski SmashBroski @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

Start praying to Arceus or whomever your God is. If you don't know why, look 2 posts above.

@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine you were right about the street release and XY repeating itself.
Oh, boy. Welp. It's been great, guys. Seriously. The time I've spent here has been fun. Honestly, I don't doubt Mewtwo, but we'll see. We could get a few curveball characters.

Also. I'm getting slight crashboards right now. Anyone else? Loading times are ridiculous right now.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Oh, boy. Welp. It's been great, guys. Seriously. The time I've spent here has been fun. Honestly, I don't doubt Mewtwo, but we'll see. We could get a few curveball characters.

Also. I'm getting slight crashboards right now. Anyone else? Loading times are ridiculous right now.
Someone's liveblogging a demo.

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
i have a theory while i have no proof of it or anything i believe its not far fetched and kinda logical.

in the leaked rooster we have 5 slots for more characters, while 3 will be ocuppied by the mii fighters since sakurai stated on E3 that each type will occupy thery re own slot (if u have costumizations on), that means we have room for 2 more characters. and it can only be a pokemon, a new character, a clone or a 3rd party.

so my theory is the 2 left are Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong (Diddy clone, + some minor differences), what other thing that makes me believe this is the fact that both where from the forbidden 7 from brawl, and since dr mario, 1 of them is here its kinda logical they would bring the other 2, since the rest of the forbbiden 7 look very unlikely.

on the move wise for mewtwo i think and would like to see.

B: Shadow Ball.
up B : Teleport.
side B: Psystrike (deals more damage and knockback if it strikes on the back).
down B: confusion (now fully reflects proyectiles like fox one).

Final Smash: transforms to mega mewtwo Y(moves a lot faster, floats like super sonic, A attack becomes a move like fox's side B with a lot of knockback and power, and all B moves are a powered Psystrike with double power, range and knockback than normal, also u don t take knockback from hits, but they do double damage for the duration of FS).

yeah maybe that final smash looks a lot based on the movie but well thats the best way i can see it work, hope all of u like my idea for moveset even if in the end it end's up a very different one.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So it looks like we almost there. Regardless of the outcome its been really fun discussing Mewtwo with you awesome people.

I feel as if we need some celebratory BBQ with every one here where we just drink beers and play Smash (as Mewtwo hopefully).

Steelia

Smash Champion
@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine @Masonomace @ Steelia Steelia @Mewter @ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer @ ORVO5 ORVO5 @ SmashBroski SmashBroski @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

Start praying to Arceus or whomever your God is. If you don't know why, look 2 posts above.

@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine you were right about the street release and XY repeating itself.
Don't fret so much! That picture was Tweeted by a French dude who was given access to a short hands-on demo, not the full game. Nintendo still deleted his Tweet and picture he posted, though :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Don't fret so much! That picture was Tweeted by a French dude who was given access to a short hands-on demo, not the full game. Nintendo still deleted his Tweet and picture he posted, though :p
Somehow, I find this hard to believe.

whens eshop demo

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
meh i think we got still time then, untill the game comes out in japan at least

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
OH, so is that why smashboards is moving like at 1mph? And seriously, see anything post here first ok? my internet can't handle this madness for too much longer...
i know right? and where are the threads of these stuff leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom