• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
1. Greninja has nothing to do with Mewtwo or his relevance.
2. No representation for Y (which Mewtwo would be perfect for), yet there's Charizard for X and Lucario for the whole story of Mega Evolution (Spoiler for those who haven't played X or Y, Lucario's the first you use).
3. Perhaps, but it should be obvious that it's desperately wanted. Every poll I've seen has Mewtwo in the top 5.
4. What?
  1. Greninja & Mewtwo have something to do with each other, they're pokemon & pokemon getting in Smash is competition. First news to hit Smash about X & Y was the starter :4greninja: being playable. Starters & Legendaries are majorly the most iconic, memorable, & popular pokemon, making them good additions to Smash's roster. Mewtwo's only concrete relevance to Sm4sh right now is "We're considering it."
  2. I. . .guess there's technically no Y representation through a Mega Evolution. . .albeit I doubt Sakurai would have created MegaMewtwoY to only be a letter quota objective for the game version. He'd fill in MMY because it's through promotion, not as a fan-theory.
  3. "It's" desperately wanted? Only MegaMewtwoY is wanted that badly?:troll: Maybe every poll wanted Mewtwo just to have his FS as MegaMewtwoY.
  4. Mewtwo's Y Mega form was the former aka first MEvo ever mentioned. MegaMewtwoY now is the latter of news to MEvo's in Smash aka the last.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
This

Mewtwo would be the perfect secret character honestly even thought I'd rather him be in a trailer with Ridley or K Rool or both.
That actually makes me wonder what is more hype building.....seeing a new trailer for those (or some of those), or having no idea if they are in the game and discover it ourselves by unlocking them in secret areas during the game :p

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I just want to get a basic idea of how optimistic the Mewtwo thread is on his return.

Out of 100 how to do you Mewtwo's chances?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
That actually makes me wonder what is more hype building.....seeing a new trailer for those (or some of those), or having no idea if they are in the game and discover it ourselves by unlocking them in secret areas during the game :p
I would say the trailer just because we won't get to unlock it ourselves before someone leaks it.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
But Mewtwo and Dr.mario are both coming back characters, and despite how many ppl like those 2, i don't think they will get their own trailer, unless they appear in duck hunt and bowser jr trailer together. One week left for release, i honestly see 50/50 chance of getting a new trailer at all because it's too close already, then again, they might pull one final trailer to increase the hype just before the game hit the stores. It depends on what strategy they have for marketing the game.
True yet Charizard got shown first in a reveal trailer as a returning fighter with Greninja the newcomer. It was an exception for the announcement of Transformations / Switching getting removed, so Charizard was shown for that reason at the end of the direct. If any trailer were to show Mewtwo, it'd be for the new changes he got like a new FS, & any re-vamp they did to his move-set.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
  1. Greninja & Mewtwo have something to do with each other, they're pokemon & pokemon getting in Smash is competition. First news to hit Smash about X & Y was the starter :4greninja: being playable. Starters & Legendaries are majorly the most iconic, memorable, & popular pokemon, making them good additions to Smash's roster. Mewtwo's only concrete relevance to Sm4sh right now is "We're considering it."

1. Hold on a moment.....sure Greninja is rather one of the newest starters from one of the newest pkmn games. Yet we shall not forget that PREVIOUS gen pkmn have been getting new stuff, therefore, mewtwo's megaevolutions (also charizard got it as well). HE getting megaevolutions is a GOOD hint and probably a good reason too for him to come back in Smash 4 now that we are getting mega evolution final smashs. It would make perfect timing for coming back imho.

Also, i can see this happening......Mewtwo having a random chance of going either X or Y mega evolution when picking the Final smash ball. I think it would be a clever idea that would please everyone's preferences. (Altho now that i think about it, they could have done that with charizard but they didn't....oh well)

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Before the Japanese release? No.

Before the AU/NA/EU release? Probably not.

But a WiiU exclusive one just before that release? That seems likely.
That would be the most useless trailer/direct ever. I meant a direct that introduced the left out characters and their movesets. A release 2-4 months after the game's first release showing the characters would be unwanted and useless. There would already be a billion videos on youtube by then.

I just want to get a basic idea of how optimistic the Mewtwo thread is on his return.

I'd say... 95. I can totally see him in there.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
100/100 but im calling it fridays pic of the day shows the new challenger logo and mewtwo it will say "looks like its time to reveal this guy on the next pic of the day ,oh wait there arnt any lookslike you have to find out yourself

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

1. Hold on a moment.....sure Greninja is rather one of the newest starters from one of the newest pkmn games. Yet we shall not forget that PREVIOUS gen pkmn have been getting new stuff, therefore, mewtwo's megaevolutions (also charizard got it as well). HE getting megaevolutions is a GOOD hint and probably a good reason too for him to come back in Smash 4 now that we are getting mega evolution final smashs. It would make perfect timing for coming back imho.

Also, i can see this happening......Mewtwo having a random chance of going either X or Y mega evolution when picking the Final smash ball. I think it would be a clever idea that would please everyone's preferences. (Altho now that i think about it, they could have done that with charizard but they didn't....oh well)
*moment passed*
I'm not denying everything that's lead us up to this point nearing the end, but no news of MegaMewtwoY other than a quote from a smiling / laughing man being the troll that he is. Mewtwo has a lot going for him / her, but it's not worth noting if he's going to be classified a hidden character. All of that relevance & 'new stuff' & hypothetically he'll be hidden, then that would say little.

If there was a random chance of becoming MMX or MMY in mid-transformation FS, then no thanks despite all that, it'd be cool to see. I'd rather you being able to choose the Mega rather than an element of luck be the deciding factor of who you transform into. I'd like more news about Charizard's MEvo FS before we speculate 3 steps further for how Mewtwo's FS(s) will play out like.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
80/100

We've discussed this before.
Yes we have. Although, that was a long time ago when we didn't have real leaks and the game wasn't one week off release. So I think its safe to say the circumstances have changed quite a bit and that is why I was asking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can see the trailer now Charzard is running after the smash ball then suddenly a dark shadow appears
attacks quikly ands says Move Away From There splash screen FemTwo awakens :troll:

as you can tell i have been lurking

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
But he was in melee as a secret character too
Indeed, Mewtwo from the movie was such a big hit he was planned to be playable in Smash 64 in the O12 roster, finally getting playable status in Melee as a secret / hidden fighter.

Today though Mewtwo since then has gotten so much more pushed promotion with multiple roles in several movies, 2 MEvos, & a signature move. So much more status than before having one & only one particular role in Pokemon being the main pokemon in the First Movie: Strikes Back! It would look petty if Mewtwo only got hidden status again with so much of his own iconic persona.
I can see the trailer now Charzard is running after the smash ball then suddenly a dark shadow appears
attacks quikly ands says Move Away From There splash screen FemTwo awakens :troll:

as you can tell i have been lurking
I'm a day late, but Welcome to Smashboards.:shades:

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
You mind explaining how?
I explained before. Local game stores.

See, official stores like Toys R us and best buy and gamestop can't really sell the game before the date. They're well known and official. So they have to stick to the release date. But they do have the games locked up about a month before the release ( maximum amount of time I guess ). However some local game stores make deals with those stores. Or other stores. And get the game before release. Because they're not official game stores they don't have to stick to the actual official release. So they sell those games before the release by a week or two.
I may not get the game. But I've done this several amount of times. Hopefully Smash bros won't be an exception.

D

Deleted member

I explained before. Local game stores.

See, official stores like Toys R us and best buy and gamestop can't really sell the game before the date. They're well known and official. So they have to stick to the release date. But they do have the games locked up about a month before the release ( maximum amount of time I guess ). However some local game stores make deals with those stores. Or other stores. And get the game before release. Because they're not official game stores they don't have to stick to the actual official release. So they sell those games before the release by a week or two.
I may not get the game. But I've done this several amount of times. Hopefully Smash bros won't be an exception.
Once you unlock him I Want Video Gameplay BEFORE RELEASE I MUST KNOW OF HIS CHANGES A QUICK TRAILER IS NOT ENOUTH

Last edited by a moderator:

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
80/100 on mewtwo coming back...

Mewtwo's japanese voice is so f****ing godlike...

I got brawl about 3days before official release from a local game store, I had to call/visit the store everyday before he cracked and sold it to me early lol

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Good news guys.
Lucario did not have any costumes related to Mewtwo in the demo according to Zipzo. Ironically, the more Sakurai avoids referring to Mewtwo, the higher his chances seem to be. Do note, the demo is the final version of the game.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

That really depends on whether or not the leaked roster is final. Obviously, if it's final, Mewtwo's dead. If it isn't, though...

Well, going by the assumption that the leaked roster is not final, I'd say Mewtwo has about a 90% chance of returning. There is literally nothing going against him, and practically everything is in his favor at this point. The leaked roster even did us a favor by killing off a number of anti-Mewtwo arguments for us. Basically, if we're getting more characters, Mewtwo's chances are extremely high.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Once you unlock him I Want Video Gameplay BEFORE RELEASE I MUST KNOW OF HIS CHANGES A QUICK TRAILER IS NOT ENOUTH
You better believe I'll be visiting this store everyday this month. But I'm sure the Mewtwo reveal will be out by the time I unlock him :p

@ False Sense False Sense

It was confirmed that was not the final roster. The allstar mode needs all the characters unlocked before it's playable. It was not unlocked in the leak.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That really depends on whether or not the leaked roster is final. Obviously, if it's final, Mewtwo's dead. If it isn't, though...

Well, going by the assumption that the leaked roster is not final, I'd say Mewtwo has about a 90% chance of returning. There is literally nothing going against him, and practically everything is in his favor at this point. The leaked roster even did us a favor by killing off a number of anti-Mewtwo arguments for us. Basically, if we're getting more characters, Mewtwo's chances are extremely high.
The padlock scenario does help his case a bit, fortunately.
Of course, nothing is said in stone. But I'm staying hopeful.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I swear to god if dr mario is back and mewtwo is not, that's going to be the biggest "doesnt make sense" sakurai has done. But of course, only if it happens that way, i'm crossing my fingers that dr. mario is a signal for mewtwo :)

Just don't put pichu back in....XD

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@ False Sense False Sense

It was confirmed that was not the final roster. The allstar mode needs all the characters unlocked before it's playable. It was not unlocked in the leak.
I am aware of that. However, it's not a true confirmation. We don't actually know whether or not the image of the locked All-Star mode was from the same save file/point in time as the image of the character select screen. For all we know, the All-Star picture may have been taken first, and then later on all the characters were unlocked and a picture was taken of that; or maybe the leaked images aren't even from the same save file. While one would logically think that the pictures would come from the same save file, we do not know for a fact that there is a direct correlation between the two images. Therefore, we can't say for sure that there will be more characters.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Good news guys.
Lucario did not have any costumes related to Mewtwo in the demo according to Zipzo. Ironically, the more Sakurai avoids referring to Mewtwo, the higher his chances seem to be. Do note, the demo is the final version of the game.
Idk, Charizard got quite a resembling palette that has a color much like a certain clone we know of.:troll:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I am aware of that. However, it's not a true confirmation. We don't actually know whether or not the image of the locked All-Star mode was from the same save file/point in time as the image of the character select screen. For all we know, the All-Star picture may have been taken first, and then later on all the characters were unlocked and a picture was taken of that; or maybe the leaked images aren't even from the same save file. While one would logically think that the pictures would come from the same save file, we do not know for a fact that there is a direct correlation between the two images. Therefore, we can't say for sure that there will be more characters.
As far as i know Sakurai showed us a picture explaining that you can't play the full version of all star mode if you don't have all the characters unlocked, which explains why he gives an example with an uncomplete roster picture. I honestly don't think we can deduce anything from the all-star mode POTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom