• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm going to have to bounce off for the internet for a few days then, don't want to be spoiled rotten.

Its gonna be hard guys, I'll miss you all ;~;

Heres hopin for Impa, Snake, Wolf, Mewtwo, and Lyndis playable character and assist

*Hugs all the awesoms*

Spirst

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Oh well it's just the demo, only thing im hyped about mostly is the fierce deity link alt. Meanwhile i just wait for the japanese oficial release so that we can know anything about mewtwo or remaining characters.... *keeps crossing fingers*

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
There is one thing about this demo which bodes well for Mewtwo.

There was no Mewtwo colour scheme for any of the Pokemon characters (mainly Lucario). With Fox getting a Wolf palette and basically disconfirming him you would think that Lucario or Greninja would get a Mewtwo colour scheme as well if he wasn't in the game.

This may mean nothing but it is interesting.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
There is one thing about this demo which bodes well for Mewtwo.

There was no Mewtwo colour scheme for any of the Pokemon characters (mainly Lucario). With Fox getting a Wolf palette and basically disconfirming him you would think that Lucario or Greninja would get a Mewtwo colour scheme as well if he wasn't in the game.

This may mean nothing but it is interesting.
It means nothing. Mario has Wario colors but Wario is probably still playable considering the leak.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
It means nothing. Mario has Wario colors but Wario is probably still playable considering the leak.
But what about the Fox/Wolf colours? You can't say it means nothing at all. I get that Mario has Wario colours but it seems like they gave Fox, Wolf colours because he is cut (assuming Ninka is real, which it probably is) you would think they would give Mewtwo colours to Lucario or another Pokemon if Mewtwo was cut.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
But what about the Fox/Wolf colours? You can't say it means nothing at all. I get that Mario has Wario colours but it seems like they gave Fox, Wolf colours because he is cut (assuming Ninka is real, which it probably is) you would think they would give Mewtwo colours to Lucario or another Pokemon if Mewtwo was cut.
My point is to not believe everything must have a pattern. Wolf happens to be disconfirmed while Fox has Wolf colors. Wario is playable while Mario still has his colors.

If you want to say Mewtwo is playable because Lucario doesn't have Mewtwo colors; Lucario didn't have Mewtwo colors last game, but Mewtwo was still not playable. We'll have to wait until there are leaks or after release to see if Mewtwo is playable or not.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
My point is to not believe everything must have a pattern. Wolf happens to be disconfirmed while Fox has Wolf colors. Wario is playable while Mario still has his colors.

If you want to say Mewtwo is playable because Lucario doesn't have Mewtwo colors; Lucario didn't have Mewtwo colors last game, but Mewtwo was still not playable. We'll have to wait until there are leaks or after release to see if Mewtwo is playable or not.
I get what you mean. I wasn't implying he was playable just that it bode well for him.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Actually, if Mario has Wario's colors while Wario is playable, how does Fox having Wolf's colors disconfirm Wolf?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Actually, if Mario has Wario's colors while Wario is playable, how does Fox having Wolf's colors disconfirm Wolf?
It doesn't. However, everyone seems to be saying he has been disconfirmed before we even found out Fox had his colors. We have about a week left...maybe more depending on how long it takes for someone to unlock all the characters before we know if Mewtwo is in or not. Same with Wolf.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Off-topic, but can people please QUIT saying disconfirmed....it's shoving a spear in my inner-grammer nazis' heart :O
You prefer "deconfirmed"? At least "disconfirmed" is a real word.

Disconfirm: to prove to be invalid

Seems fitting to me.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So with one week to go, do you guys think we will see Melee Mewtwo moveset make it's comeback or will he have a brand new one?

Also will they use Melee Mewtwo model or a more modern one?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't mind if he keeps Melee's moveset as long as it's buffed or changed a little. I don't mind if he gets a new moveset either. However, I feel like he will get a more modern model since the Melee one is outdated and kind of off.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mewtwo or no Mewtwo, I'm excited. Also, if no Mewtwo, well, insert that gif where Mewtwo blows up the whole island.

And let's spam Sakurai for him to be in DLC.
Operation Clonefall?

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Hah! See guys? I told you someone would grab the game early. I haven't though. I'll check on my local game story just in case.

On the other hand we can only wait :(

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Stuff is leaking out but no Mewtwo news.
Mewtwo would be one of the hardest characters to unlock, (the leaked roster shows you unlock all those characters before Mewtwo, assuming he is in) so he will be one of the last things to leak.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Worth noting that it was only a demo build; Zipzo has a full thread of questions on it.

So still no Mewtwo leaks, but the impending release date gets us all worried...

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
it's just the demo, not a complete game copy

why? where did it say we were getting one anytime soon?
You'd figure we'd get the last characters and bits they've left out in a direct no? Plus were less than a week away from the Japanese release.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
You'd figure we'd get the last characters and bits they've left out in a direct no? Plus were less than a week away from the Japanese release.
Not necessarily , some characters might remain as secrets you only discover when playing the game already and unlocking stuff, such as wolf was in Brawl.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Not necessarily , some characters might remain as secrets you only discover when playing the game already and unlocking stuff, such as wolf was in Brawl.
But Wolf is gone now :p

Characters like Dr.mario and dark pit can be kept secret. I (personally) don't think they would increase hype. But Mewtwo, bowser jr, and duck hunt dog need a direct introducing them and explaining their moves

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
So will we be getting another Nintendo Direct before release? I would assume Nintendo would rather us find out the remaining characters through them than through a leak.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Before the Japanese release? No.

Before the AU/NA/EU release? Probably not.

But a WiiU exclusive one just before that release? That seems likely.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
But Wolf is gone now :p
You don't get my point, it was an example of how it works

Characters like Dr.mario and dark pit can be kept secret. I (personally) don't think they would increase hype. But Mewtwo, bowser jr, and duck hunt dog need a direct introducing them and explaining their moves
I can only agree about duck hunt and bowser jr since they are newcomers and it would be cool to get a trailer for them. But Mewtwo and Dr.mario are both coming back characters, and despite how many ppl like those 2, i don't think they will get their own trailer, unless they appear in duck hunt and bowser jr trailer together. One week left for release, i honestly see 50/50 chance of getting a new trailer at all because it's too close already, then again, they might pull one final trailer to increase the hype just before the game hit the stores. It depends on what strategy they have for marketing the game.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
You don't get my point, it was an example of how it works

I can only agree about duck hunt and bowser jr since they are newcomers and it would be cool to get a trailer for them. But Mewtwo and Dr.mario are both coming back characters, and despite how many ppl like those 2, i don't think they will get their own trailer, unless they appear in duck hunt and bowser jr trailer together. One week left for release, i honestly see 50/50 chance of getting a new trailer at all because it's too close already, then again, they might pull one final trailer to increase the hype just before the game hit the stores. It depends on what strategy they have for marketing the game.
This

Mewtwo would be the perfect secret character honestly even thought I'd rather him be in a trailer with Ridley or K Rool or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom