• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
So, what, are people suddenly using the movies as canon for the Pokémon universe? Since when did this start happening? I mean, Genesect can't even learn Extremespeed, if you need even a minor indication of the movie's ties to the games.

I vastly prefer Mega Y to Mega X, and I'm sad that Mega Y is getting hate because of a dumb movie. The Pokémon shows have always been bad. Latios didn't suddenly start to be horrible merely because the voice actors were awful.
I haven't watch the show since gen 3. It just became so stupid with ash and all those *******.
If you want a good anime of Pokemon , where actually mewtwo appears in a super badass way, watch Pokemon The Origin :D

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So, what, are people suddenly using the movies as canon for the Pokémon universe? Since when did this start happening? I mean, Genesect can't even learn Extremespeed, if you need even a minor indication of the movie's ties to the games.

I vastly prefer Mega Y to Mega X, and I'm sad that Mega Y is getting hate because of a dumb movie. The Pokémon shows have always been bad. Latios didn't suddenly start to be horrible merely because the voice actors were awful.
Melee Mewtwo was heavily based off the movie version. Right down to the voice and personality.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Definitely original Mewtwo voice.
That movie is just so classic. Its the reason I have always loved Mewtwo and why I still want him back. No other pokémon movie even compares to it.(especially the new ones, they're absolute trash)

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF

It's not Y getting the hate, it's just the voive the got to portray "Femtwo". The actress could have sounded more natural, which is what threw me off.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So, what, are people suddenly using the movies as canon for the Pokémon universe? Since when did this start happening?
Headcanons, and to be fair, Lucario and Mewtwo's movies have SOME semblance of canon since Ash sees Mewtwo a few times in the original and uses Aura power to find a Riolu in another.

I mean, Genesect can't even learn Extremespeed, if you need even a minor indication of the movie's ties to the games.
Event Pokemon, tie in. So yes, it can learn ESpeed.

I vastly prefer Mega Y to Mega X, and I'm sad that Mega Y is getting hate because of a dumb movie.
Yep.

The Pokémon shows have always been bad. Latios didn't suddenly start to be horrible merely because the voice actors were awful.
Not all of the legendary VA's are awful. Bartlett Mewtwo, Kyurem, Red Genesect, Darkrai and Entei are my favorites.

Arceus(OH GOD RAGING NERD GOD), Jirachi, Zekrom/Reshiram(this hurts because Zekrom is my fav legendary behind Mewtwo), and Keldeo, however, belong in the garbage heap of bad voices.

It's especially sad in Arceus' case because he has some legitimately awesome lines.

Last edited:

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF

It's not Y getting the hate, it's just the voive the got to portray "Femtwo". The actress could have sounded more natural, which is what threw me off.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
This probably wouldn't happen, but let say we did get a Femtwo, but a different VA. Who would you guys like to hear as/could pull off Femtwo?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Melee Mewtwo was heavily based off the movie version. Right down to the voice and personality.
Ah, so you're thinking that Smash 4's Mewtwo is going to be based off the new one?

I can actually kind of see that, now that I'm thinking about it. Different Mewtwo, with different history. Melee's Mewtwo has retired somewhere, but the new one steps up to the plate.

Just listening to Femtwo on YouTube, I can see why the voice acting isn't appreciated (though I would blame it more on voice direction than the acting itself). The new voice lacks the presence and gravity that the older one had. We needed a more serious tone, with a hint of menace and conflict underneath, for it to really be Mewtwo as we know it. From that voice, I'm getting a very different personality, and Mewtwo is supposed to have a defined personality.

I don't actually agree with the original Mewtwo's personality either, to be fair. Mewtwo was always a creature of conflict. It had incredible power and instincts that made it rage and attack, but its intellect always conflicted with that, urging caution and control. This is why, in every in-game appearance, Mewtwo has always been a vastly powerful foe that hides away in an out of the way location, to avoid being a threat to other life. This is true both in the original Red/Blue, and in the new X/Y games.

But still, I can kind of see the idea that Melee's Mewtwo is the one from Pokémon Blue/Red, and Smash 4's Mewtwo is the one from Pokémon X/Y. I like that idea.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
We should stop using that term, it's incorrect and unfair due to the stupid anime show. Game's reputation shouldn't be ruined by the show.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
We should stop using that term, it's incorrect and unfair due to the stupid anime show. Game's reputation shouldn't be ruined by the show.
You might need to explain your reasoning a bit more. Does it come off offensive? I was just under the idea that it is female and Mewtwo spliced together to shorten the words.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You might need to explain you reasoning a bit more? Does it come off offensive? I was just under the idea that is female and Mewtwo spliced together to shorten the words.
Mewtwo is of unidentified gender. As with most legendary Pokémon, it can be neither male nor female.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is of unidentified gender. As with most legendary Pokémon, it can be neither male nor female.
Well I understand that, but if a Pokemon is portrayed with a voice wouldn't a person normally refer to that Pokemon as a he or a she based of the voice? Even looks can affect how a person portrays something that is normally genderless. But, since it might be offensive I shall stop.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Dan Green makes everything better. Hearing the audio of the hentai he was in is absolutely hysterical.
That was not okay. All those images of knuckles and yugi in my head.... ugh

Speaking of which, I find it kinda funny how Dan voiced Mewtwo and Yugi while their enemies, Giovanni and Bakura were voiced by Ted

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Ah yes. Such little time. Such big possibilities.

Guys keep in mind that they still have to reveal the other characters that were in the leak. ( Dr.Mario, Bowser JR, Dark pit, Duck hunt dog. )

I think we might get a huge trailer for them and about 2 to 5 other characters.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes. Such little time. Such big possibilities.

Guys keep in mind that they still have to reveal the other characters that were in the leak. ( Dr.Mario, Bowser JR, Dark pit, Duck hunt dog. )

I think we might get a huge trailer for them and about 2 to 5 other characters.
That depends, they might wanna keep them as secret content you discover by yourself while unlocking stuff in the game

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
That depends, they might wanna keep them as secret content you discover by yourself while unlocking stuff in the game
Dr mario should be kept secret. I'm a bit pissed that hes actually coming back. On the other hand, Bowser.JR and duck hunt dog deserve a trailer. Dark pit doesn't IMO. Unless they have actually changed the hell out of him. Either way Dr mario and Dark pit are just taking useful spots in the roster. But Dark pit uses different weapons so Dark pit may be a good character.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the characters were left secret, though I would expect at least one more reveal with a newcomer and a returning veteran before the game is released in Japan. It wouldn't be unbelievable if Mewtwo, Ridley, etc. had in-game trailers that Nintendo would just put up post-release.

There is a gap in the Wii U and 3DS release. Just in case Mewtwo isn't in the initial roster, it also wouldn't be unbelievable if Sakurai decided on DLC characters to hype up the Wii U version (free/paid DLC being accessible for both versions if you have both.)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
There is a gap in the Wii U and 3DS release. Just in case Mewtwo isn't in the initial roster, it also wouldn't be unbelievable if Sakurai decided on DLC characters to hype up the Wii U version (free/paid DLC being accessible for both versions if you have both.)
If Mewtwo is absent as a PokeBall Pokemon, then he's more less confirmed for the hypothetical Wii U DLC.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

see the mewtwo in melee was voiced by the 1st movie japanese actor. and it also had shadow ball, that mewtwos main move... safe to assume melee mewtwo was partially based on the first movie mewtwo.
Dan Green makes everything better. Hearing the audio of the hentai he was in is absolutely hysterical.
one of the few 4kids actors i like... 4kids is known for butchering anime, including forcing a morale into the 1st movie wheres the original had orchestrated music instead of that cheesy ass "brother my brother" song slapped on. im sorry but they didnt have to hammer in the moral point....
i liked in the japanese version mewtwo simply wanted to be proven the strongest and the hurricane was made to test those who wanted to come there and was simply a big storm. the only thing i didnt like in the japanese version was that mew was a little jerk to mewtwo and the clones.
i still like the 1st movies dub.... but id be lying if i said it wasnt butchered.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
I think, if there INITIALLY are diffrent rosters, the wii u will get everyone while the 3ds will get free downloads

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I think, if there INITIALLY are diffrent rosters, the wii u will get everyone while the 3ds will get free downloads
Agreed. They're gonna need to market the Wii U version in a way that it's necessary to get it. And while I still believe Mewtwo would be in the main roster, if he's not, including him as a DLC is a good incentive to get the Wii U version. Maybe free for those who get the Wii U (and also have the 3DS) and paid for those who only want him for the 3DS.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Agreed. They're gonna need to market the Wii U version in a way that it's necessary to get it. And while I still believe Mewtwo would be in the main roster, if he's not, including him as a DLC is a good incentive to get the Wii U version. Maybe free for those who get the Wii U (and also have the 3DS) and paid for those who only want him for the 3DS.
honestly, as a huge nintendo nut, i will probably buy any and all dlc for any nintendo game i own :p
i think mewtwo will be a secret though.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Mewtwo is absent as a PokeBall Pokemon, then he's more less confirmed for the hypothetical Wii U DLC.
A Pokeball downgrade would be an insult to the fans. Then again, nobody can say what runs though Sakurai's mind...

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
A Pokeball downgrade would be an insult to the fans. Then again, nobody can say what runs though Sakurai's mind...
no doubt itd be a complete insult if mario but better gets in yet mewtwo is forced into a pokeball (even a master ball)
while i wait and to get myself hyped, im watching the japanese 1st movie :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So is the very real situation of Ridley being reduced to an intrusive piñata.
you just HAD to say that as a prime ridley supporter lurked here right
i swear the pun was unintentional
pls trust me

Without going into my thoughts about Ridley, intrusive piñata(haha, Mexican keyboard) is better than trophy.

And, to an extent, Pokeball summon is also better than trophy.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I just don't like the idea of DLC characters. If there is going to be any DLC I believe it will be alternate color pallets and/or alternative costumes. And extra moves every once in a while. But a whole, great character with a unique moveset just seems too far fetched for me.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
you just HAD to say that as a prime ridley supporter lurked here right
i swear the pun was unintentional
pls trust me

Without going into my thoughts about Ridley, intrusive piñata(haha, Mexican keyboard) is better than trophy.

And, to an extent, Pokeball summon is also better than trophy.
I disagree. If Mewtwo/Ridley is not going to be playable, I'd rather not see him at all. Every time I'd see him come out of a PokeBall/fly onto the stage, it would just be a painful reminder that you can't play as this character you like. Just like how I every time I see a Samurai Goroh AT, I die a little on the inside.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Well, not sure if this has been mentioned, but the possibility of him is increased since the 2 most prominent leakers responsible for the confirmed leaks both talked about there being other newcomers. The only consistency between these lists were Mewtwo and Ridley.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I disagree. If Mewtwo/Ridley is not going to be playable, I'd rather not see him at all. Every time I'd see him come out of a PokeBall/fly onto the stage, it would just be a painful reminder that you can't play as this character you like. Just like how I every time I see a Samurai Goroh AT, I die a little on the inside.
I guess.

Same goes for Takumaru/Ghirahim/Dark Samus(;_; )/blah whatever deconfirmed character supporters.

Although for Dark Samus the pain is lessened since alt skin.

Regardless, good point.

Well, not sure if this has been mentioned, but the possibility of him is increased since the 2 most prominent leakers responsible for the confirmed leaks both talked about there being other newcomers. The only consistency between these lists were Mewtwo and Ridley.
That doesn't really mean anything since they are usually only there to entice those who have blind faith in leaks.

Imagine if a trailer came, looks like it's gonna be Ridley and it turns out to be Rundas or Sylux or any other one shot character.

Imagine if a second Pokemon trailer came and it looks like Mewtwo but ends up being Genesect(deconfirmed ik but just as an example)

You get my point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom