• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This unfortunately. It's legitimacy will be decided once we get closer to release

As for anyone that was curious here's the link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits
this is not legit info those guys always jump the gun on voice actors

but if correct it means we get male voice mewtwo (maybe even dan green (if that's his name of the actor for the second mewtwo movie) wil be the English male voice mewtwo.)

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Whelp, I don't really visit many other threads, but I wish you guys luck in getting Mewtwo back in. Honestly I don't see why they would cut characters that were different in the first place, I mean I could understand Dr. Mario, and Pichu. But Mewtwo was pretty unique character. I just hope you guys aren't against other good character inclusions, namely some giant space pterodactyl dragon thing, I just came by to give my support to you guys.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Whelp, I don't really visit many other threads, but I wish you guys luck in getting Mewtwo back in. Honestly I don't see why they would cut characters that were different in the first place, I mean I could understand Dr. Mario, and Pichu. But Mewtwo was pretty unique character. I just hope you guys aren't against other good character inclusions, namely some giant space pterodactyl dragon thing, I just came by to give my support to you guys.
I openly support Mewtwo, Ridley, and Bandanna Dee. <3 I hope they all make it.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I hope mewtwo keeps his disable if he's back, it was such a great move
Disable being a good move = maybe
Disable being a useful move = heck no.

Unless it has a longer effect based on damage like Sing or being able to hit people behind them I could care less if it was replaced.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Project M's Mewtwo was crazy. Imagine if we were to get a Mewtwo like that. Whoop whoop whoop whoop

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
You can't trust anything text based right now unless it comes from Sakurai himself. Spoilers are inbound in the next several days. Someone will get the game early. Be prepared. I still expect Mewtwo to be back, it'd be crazy if he wasn't.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Excuse my innocence but, how?
What the other guy said. Street dates are broken all the time. We'll probably get stuff a few days before launch. Pretty sure Brawl was like that. We might not get the entire roster though because who knows what it'll take to unlock everyone.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
What the other guy said. Street dates are broken all the time. We'll probably get stuff a few days before launch. Pretty sure Brawl was like that. We might not get the entire roster though because who knows what it'll take to unlock everyone.
hahaha oh ok, sounds fun....i think? xD can't wait to see what's coming altho it wil take a bit to unlock every thing in the game i think :p

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Assuming mewtwos in it, he better have a better voice. In the original pokemon movie he sounded like a badass, but in melee he sounded like a kid going through puberty.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Assuming mewtwos in it, he better have a better voice. In the original pokemon movie he sounded like a badass, but in melee he sounded like a kid going through puberty.

Mewtwo in Melee was voiced Masachika Ichimura, who was also his voice actor in the original movie.

If your version of Melee has the option to switch to Japanese, you'll find out that Mewtwo has a raspy, deep, and villainous voice instead of the "kid going through puberty phase" like you just mentioned.

But anyways, I would actually like to see Ichimura to reprise his role for this game, considering that they're probably going to have to create new lines for him to say.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
SIGH at little discussion about Mewtwo & mostly about that IMBD. . . . . . .
Disable being a good move = maybe
Disable being a useful move = heck no.

Unless it has a longer effect based on damage like Sing or being able to hit people behind them I could care less if it was replaced.
I agree-ish. Just make it useful in the air to do something then sure.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

No.

That is not a teen voice.

Still better than Femtwo.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Does anyone have a source on when Brawl's final roster was leaked?
I mean, the one that had Wolf unlocked.
I think all I can recall is that Wolf was the only character not leaked before release. He was found after release.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace

Mewtwo in Melee was voiced Masachika Ichimura, who was also his voice actor in the original movie.

If your version of Melee has the option to switch to Japanese, you'll find out that Mewtwo has a raspy, deep, and villainous voice instead of the "kid going through puberty phase" like you just mentioned.

But anyways, I would actually like to see Ichimura to reprise his role for this game, considering that they're probably going to have to create new lines for him to say.
So they're really voice by the same person? I guess maybe its just hearng Mewtwo scream when he took damage that made me think that, since he never does in the movie.

I just can't believe that hahaha, i never would've thought that!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So they're really voice by the same person? I guess maybe its just hearng Mewtwo scream when he took damage that made me think that, since he never does in the movie.

I just can't believe that hahaha, i never would've thought that!
It's not uncommon for a VA to reprise a role with a different tone years later. Though to be fair, I'm pretty sure that most here haven't seen Mewtwo Strikes Back in Japanese.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The Mewtwo from Extremespeed Genesect, who had a femenine voice.

So, what, are people suddenly using the movies as canon for the Pokémon universe? Since when did this start happening? I mean, Genesect can't even learn Extremespeed, if you need even a minor indication of the movie's ties to the games.

I vastly prefer Mega Y to Mega X, and I'm sad that Mega Y is getting hate because of a dumb movie. The Pokémon shows have always been bad. Latios didn't suddenly start to be horrible merely because the voice actors were awful.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I just think :mewtwomelee: is sooooo cool in general i don't care how he comes, he will still be our good mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom