• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I watched it for the Nintendo costumes. Did not expect anything Smash related in the same way Hyrule Warriors Direct didn't have any.

We'll know if Mewtwo is in in a couple of weeks.
you mean days. You do realize the japanese version comes out in less than 9 days?

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Don't lose hope guys even if there's a chance mewtwo won't get in the game then there's no way sakurai won't put him in as a dlc character, with all the fan requests, I just think sakurai is thinking about ways to buff him and make him better in smash 4. I don't main mewtwo but I just think it would be wierd without him.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Don't lose hope guys even if there's a chance mewtwo won't get in the game then there's no way sakurai won't put him in as a dlc character, with all the fan requests, I just think sakurai is thinking about ways to buff him and make him better in smash 4. I don't main mewtwo but I just think it would be wierd without him.
Mewtwo isn't going to be DLC. He's too... important for a DLC ( I may be a bit bias) but I'm pretty sure hes not going to be in if hes not in the initial roster.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Mewtwo isn't going to be DLC. He's too... important for a DLC ( I may be a bit bias) but I'm pretty sure hes not going to be in if hes not in the initial roster.
It's thinking like that that prevents the DLC from happening to begin with. If Mewtwo really isn't in the vanilla game, DLC would be the best way to bring him back. I actually think he's in the initial game anyway, but it does us no good to Immediately assume that missing the launch means never being in the game.
"Better late than never."

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
I think the same thing but if mewtwo isn't in the initial roster or dlc then sakurai and the whole smash team would be hated by so many players, not that I would be one of them. My only question is if mewtwo really isn't in then you'd think sakurai would address him sooner weather it's potd or a direct. If he were cut they would have already showed him as a Pokemon in a pokeball or something, right?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
If Mewtwo gets a trailer, I have a couple of ideas for one.

If Ridley's included
-Samus in powersuit battling Ridley. (Ridley isn't confirmed at this point; I could see that happening JUST to mess with fans)
-Ridley gets Samus into a pinch.
-Shadow Ball flies outta nowhere and knocks back Ridley.
-Pan over to Mewtwo (CONFIRMED!)
-Ridley gets back up, roars/taunts and is confirmed at this point.
-Engage moveset clips!

If revealed alongside every unshown newcomer/vet at once.
-All newcomers revealed alongside returning vets.
-All out riot!
-Battle interrupted by dark swirling thundercloud formation.
-What appears to be a glowing blue sphere descends from the sky.
-Blue barrier breaks and Mewtwo surges forth like a badass.
-NOW YOU FACE MEWTWO! (That wouldn't actually be said, but that would be the feel at the time, essentially)
-Battle suddenly becomes Mewtwo Pilgrim vs The World
-Moveset clips start up, showcasing Mewtwo fighting everyone in a series of different clips.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
you mean days. You do realize the japanese version comes out in less than 9 days?
9 days is still within a couple weeks because it's less than 14 days. It's still more than a week though, which is why I didn't say within a week. Within days makes it sound like less than a week IMO which is why I didn't use that.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
9 days is still within a couple weeks because it's less than 14 days. It's still more than a week though, which is why I didn't say within a week. Within days makes it sound like less than a week IMO which is why I didn't use that.
Wow you really showed him, I bet you're real proud of yourself!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Mewtwo pic tomorrow on Friday right or next week.I just feel he will be revealed as a pic since its still more hype then secret character IMO.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wow you really showed him, I bet you're real proud of yourself!
There's no reason to be proud about answering a question. Welcome to Smashboards.
Mewtwo pic tomorrow on Friday right or next week.I just feel he will be revealed as a pic since its still more hype then secret character IMO.
I believe that he'll be leaked or revealed after release if he's in.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I actually have somewhat of a feeling that something great will go down, tomorrow as well :p

Not sure it'll be Mewtwo, but I have a feeling that something will get revealed, nonetheless.

Last edited:

plumpythepanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
plumpythepanda
3DS FC
3325-1502-8082
I have a feeling that he'll be revealed in a trailer because there's so much badass potential and he's just like too important for just a PoTD
And sakurai isn't gonna release him as a PoTD and especially not tomorrow. He's gonna make the next 9 days looong and painful.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that he'll be revealed in a trailer because there's so much badass potential and he's just like too important for just a PoTD
And sakurai isn't gonna release him as a PoTD and especially not tomorrow. He's gonna make the next 9 days looong and painful.
Id definitely like for him to return in one of those awesome animations. PoTD would not be quite as cool, but Id accept that too.

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
MEWTWO HAS TO BE IN!!!! HE ABSOLUTELY HAS TOO!! X/Y relevance, the fact that he was in melee, recent films, seriously he just has too.... if he isnt, I honestly dont know what they were thinking in that development studio

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Id definitely like for him to return in one of those awesome animations. PoTD would not be quite as cool, but Id accept that too.
I agree. It would be nice if he was revealed in a CGI cutscene. However, I would accept a PotD if it means he's playable. BTW, welcome to Smashboards to you and @ CHAINSAWmuzik CHAINSAWmuzik .

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
LMAO I fell in love with greninja during the best buy/nintendo world demos, if sakurai does betray mewtwo I still have a pokemon to fall back on...#teampokemon
greninja avatar! KEEL HEEM.
joking, but welcome aboard. :3 i like greninja too(started with froakie in x and y, two words: NINJA FROG), but i want mewtwo in more. theres all kinds of things going for it....

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
whats wrong with a ninja frog? O.o mewtwo is cool, don't get me wrong, but theres nothing wrong with greninja :p
anyway back to the topic.... october can't get here fast enough....
I was joking he is probs mah fave water starter i just hate people who think he has replaced mewtwo!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Speaking of greninja...

I wonder how they will make Mewtwo's Charge B different from the other pokemon...

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
I can wait till October. It's the wait for the 14th that's killing me.
The way you worded this i thought you meat october the 14th and i was gonna be like NO it comes out on the 3/4th of october and the 14th of september in japan and then i was like wait :/

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I just want a new Smash Bros. game where I can finally play as a Pokemon character. I love Pokemon, but I don't particularly like any of it's playable characters, save for Mewtwo. Only other way it could happen is if Raichu ends up as a Lucina-esque clone. But since I'm pretty sure Gamefreak has an unending hatred for Raichu, I doubt that.:026:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
No.
Though I do wager that we haven't heard the last of Mewtwo and Ridley. I have complete faith in their inclusion.
Btw, you should probably know that 40+ characters doesn't have to stop at 50...
If there were over 50 they'd advertise that

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
X/Y relevance
Well yeah, charizard is going mega X, Lucario is getting mega evolution as well, so Mewtwo would make a lot of sense in coming back and having a mega evolution final smash.
Just perfectly timed chance

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah, charizard is going mega X, Lucario is getting mega evolution as well, so Mewtwo would make a lot of sense in coming back and having a mega evolution final smash.
Just perfectly timed chance
NO NO MORE MEGA WE ALREADY HAVE A HEAP OF TRANSFORMATION FINAL SMASHES: BOSWER,LITTLE MAC, WARIO (if he is back), CHARIZARD AND LUCARIO JUST NOOOO

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
NO NO MORE MEGA WE ALREADY HAVE A HEAP OF TRANSFORMATION FINAL SMASHES: BOSWER,LITTLE MAC, WARIO (if he is back), CHARIZARD AND LUCARIO JUST NOOOO
lol tell that to sakurai

But well they could consider a different final smash for mewtwo, always, that's for sure :)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't see the problem with it as long as they function noticeably differently from one another.

It's not like all those Landmasters.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't see the problem with it as long as they function noticeably differently from one another.

It's not like all those Landmasters.
Yeah, because this time we're getting only two Landmasters. :troll:

But I'm more or less expecting Mewtwo to Mega Evolve as his Final Smash. It just seems so obvious to do.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
it would be great to get a trailer confirming any returning veterans, and leave in secret new ones like duck hunt and the others i already forgot about lol, since that's what they always do, leaving characters as secret content you discover by yourself when unlocking stuff while playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom