• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Honestly i think mewtwo will be the last before release potd

Because everyone wants him back he would bring the most hype.
I'd like it if Mewtwo was the last character to unlock in this game, period.

It seems fitting that the most wanted character for this game would require the most time and effort to get, and the payoff would be more worth it than Mr. Game & Watch in Melee, or TL/Wolf/Jigglypuff in Brawl.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Mewtwo is the most requested character in general.
Ridley is the most requested newcomer.
Both of them are insanely popular, but Mewtwo is still #1 in terms of priority.
You are right about Mewtwo but King K Rool is the most requested newcomer mainly because Japan doesn't want Ridley.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'd like it if Mewtwo was the last character to unlock in this game, period.

It seems fitting that the most wanted character for this game would require the most time and effort to get, and the payoff would be more worth it than Mr. Game & Watch in Melee, or TL/Wolf/Jigglypuff in Brawl.
Hm...
I think I'd prefer Ridley to be the hardest. ...at least, just a bit harder then Mewtwo. ^^

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Whenever we figure out about Mewtwo's existence, I'm pretty sure it's going to be in an unexpected way. (Or just figure out that it's in the game after Japanese players unlock him)

I definitely wouldn't hold the Bayonetta Direct to do it, because of it not being Smash-related at all and HW having nothing Smash-related, although the fact that it's not Smash (still Nintendo) related, means that there could be a very slim chance of a reveal happening there. If it did, it'd literally be an extreme curveball.

Again, very unlikely to happen, but as I've mentioned in a post a while back, it'd be one of the most unexpected methods of reveal if it did happen.

plumpythepanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
plumpythepanda
3DS FC
3325-1502-8082
Do you think the hidden characters will just go completely trailer-less? I have a theory that maybe their trailer would play as you're about to unlock them, like in brawl. Any thoughts?

I really hope mewtwo makes an appearance in a trailer like falcon. It would make it so much better than just like a PoTD

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Do you think the hidden characters will just go completely trailer-less? I have a theory that maybe their trailer would play as you're about to unlock them, like in brawl. Any thoughts?

I really hope mewtwo makes an appearance in a trailer like falcon. It would make it so much better than just like a PoTD
Seeing as there are tons of characters left to be announced on the leak, it's likely there are some who will not be revealed until after Japan's release.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as there are tons of characters left to be announced on the leak, it's likely there are some who will not be revealed until after Japan's release.
Why do people think there's tons more characters, wasn't there a Japanese commercial saying over 40

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I thought you meant besides the ones we already knew about
No.
Though I do wager that we haven't heard the last of Mewtwo and Ridley. I have complete faith in their inclusion.
Btw, you should probably know that 40+ characters doesn't have to stop at 50...

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
No.
Though I do wager that we haven't heard the last of Mewtwo and Ridley. I have complete faith in their inclusion.
Btw, you should probably know that 40+ characters doesn't have to stop at 50...
Yep I'm pretty sure those two will be in K Rool I'm pretty concerned about though.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks the petition thing is stupid and ignorant?

Honestly. If he wasn't included in the game just let it go. ( Let it go. let it g~ nvm ) I really really want Mewtwo in smash just as much as you guys. But if hes not playable a petition won't do anything. It'll just be really childish.Nothing is going to spread fast and wide enough for Nintendo to realize it.

On the other hand any news about Mewtwo?
if mewtwo isnt in i know the game will still be really, really good.... with smash, thats a given. i just want mewtwo in... :<

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I call dibs on Mewtwo's "I was wrong" thread.

I was always absolutely confident in his inclusion, even when things seemed dire for everyone else.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
How cool would it be if there was a trailer where all the villains walked up together(i consider mewtwo a villain because the first movie). There would be bowser, mewtwo, ganondorf, wolf, ripley, king k rool. And all the other characters just ran off in fear when they saw them.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
How cool would it be if there was a trailer where all the villains walked up together(i consider mewtwo a villain because the first movie). There would be bowser, mewtwo, ganondorf, wolf, ripley, king k rool. And all the other characters just ran off in fear when they saw them.
Maybe not "run off in fear."

I can imagine Mewtwo, Ganon, Wario, and Bowser standing at the top of a large hill before sending an army of goombas, koopas, bulblins, and pokemon towards a large utopia. Then all the main heroes step in and start fighting the army. Just when you think the heroes have the upper hand, you see the leader of the army swoop in and pick up Samus and/or Mario. "Ridley commands victory!!" (or something like that)

Then Mario and Samus break free and Ridley roars as Space Pirates join the battle as well. Then bam, gameplay of the villains.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maybe not "run off in fear."

I can imagine Mewtwo, Ganon, Wario, and Bowser standing at the top of a large hill before sending an army of goombas, koopas, bulblins, and pokemon towards a large utopia. Then all the main heroes step in and start fighting the army. Just when you think the heroes have the upper hand, you see the leader of the army swoop in and pick up Samus and/or Mario. "Ridley commands victory!!" (or something like that)

Then Mario and Samus break free and Ridley roars as Space Pirates join the battle as well. Then bam, gameplay of the villains.
Nitpicks/mentions/bleh

1. No title card for Mewtwo?
2. Mewtwo can't command Pokemon lest they were his. And a repeat of the legendaries shot in Greninja's trailer would be meh.
3. I'd say that not every hero has to be there, but video game logic.
4. I'd say that they can't take on an entire army by themselves, but see #3.
5. Sylux would make a better entrance on the Delano 7.
6. Rundas appearing alongside the heroes to hunt Pirates would be awesome.
7. :troll:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I call dibs on Mewtwo's "I was wrong" thread.

I was always absolutely confident in his inclusion, even when things seemed dire for everyone else.
I'll never understand why people feel the need to make such a silly thread, but whatever.

darn.
This isn't directly related to Mewtwo or the post above, but keep in mind that most of the stickied threads in the character boards will be given overhauls as to make way for character discussions between mains. If you're not maining the character then it is recommended that you don't make a key thread related to their discussion, or at the very least have an OP that is well thought out and not "racing to be first."

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
xD But I will be maining him....
That post was more in general for everyone. If you do make a thread though, it should have a well thought out OP first and foremost. ;)

Hype is great and all but we want to make sure that discussion doesn't suffer because of it. We want SWF to be a prime resource for character/competitive discussion, as such we want to have users keep tabs on their OPs if they're making the commitment to lead discussions/help new users, especially since it means less work for us mods/we won't have to lead discussions as much.

Internet ego and/or fame.

:seuss:
Pretty much. I think those threads are dumb, but they're not against the rules or anything.

Anyway this is getting a little off topic, if you have questions feel free to take this to PMs.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Nitpicks/mentions/bleh

1. No title card for Mewtwo?
2. Mewtwo can't command Pokemon lest they were his. And a repeat of the legendaries shot in Greninja's trailer would be meh.
3. I'd say that not every hero has to be there, but video game logic.
4. I'd say that they can't take on an entire army by themselves, but see #3.
5. Sylux would make a better entrance on the Delano 7.
6. Rundas appearing alongside the heroes to hunt Pirates would be awesome.
7. :troll:
1. Mewtwo isn't a newcomer.
2. Well.....obviously they're his.
3. It's awesome, shut up.
4. It's awesome, shut up.
5. I don't disagree.
6. I very much agree.
7. :4falcon:

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I watched it for the Nintendo costumes. Did not expect anything Smash related in the same way Hyrule Warriors Direct didn't have any.

We'll know if Mewtwo is in in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom