• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Uh, quick question: Where are you people getting 9 days from? The game comes out in 7 days, not 9, so the wait ain't as long as you think. Hold out hope for a bit longer, because until the game comes out and we actually get the full roster, we can only guess who is left. DLC is a last resort if, and only if, Mewtwo isn't in the vanilla game.
A few minutes ago, I posted a thought on the Snake thread that I wanted to bring up here: what if the CSS scrolls or has multiple pages (e.g. brawl stage select)? If that theory is correct, we may have more than 5 characters left, and that would explain how the devs could fit DLC characters into the CSS.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Uh, quick question: Where are you people getting 9 days from? The game comes out in 7 days, not 9, so the wait ain't as long as you think. Hold out hope for a bit longer, because until the game comes out and we actually get the full roster, we can only guess who is left. DLC is a last resort if, and only if, Mewtwo isn't in the vanilla game.
A few minutes ago, I posted a thought on the Snake thread that I wanted to bring up here: what if the CSS scrolls or has multiple pages (e.g. brawl stage select)? If that theory is correct, we may have more than 5 characters left, and that would explain how the devs could fit DLC characters into the CSS.
It's released on the 13th in Japan. 7 days is 11th.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I disregarded the Hour counter on my countdown clock, my bad. 7 days and 20 hours.
At the time someone posted "9 days", he actually said less than 9 days. Even then, at the time of posting, it was 6 hours before you posted, so it would still be 8 days if you are counting down towards a midnight release.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
I don't see the problem with it as long as they function noticeably differently from one another.

It's not like all those Landmasters.
To get rid of the landmasters I reckon fox should have his arwing as his final smash, falco has the landmaster and wolf goes all like a wolf and runs on all fours really fast and scrathes people and it has massive hit power!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
To get rid of the landmasters I reckon fox should have his arwing as his final smash, falco has the landmaster and wolf goes all like a wolf and runs on all fours really fast and scrathes people and it has massive hit power!
No, Fox should have the landmaster and Falco should get the arwing.
Because you know :falco:"Personally, I prefer the air!"

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
I was joking he is probs mah fave water starter i just hate people who think he has replaced mewtwo!
Lol I dont think he replaced mewtwo, if anything I think he would have just been left out for whatever blasphemous reason, greninja is like my smash life insurance, mewtwo will always be my favorite pokemon... his final smash just for relevance would most likely be a mega evolution (at the end of the day nintendo is a business trying to make money).... but alas the Japanese realease will tell all (or smash gods willing there is actually DLC and everyone comes back, because yes I believe every character that has been in smash should stay in smash, the more the merrier damnit! No such thing as too many characters!!!)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Speaking of greninja...

I wonder how they will make Mewtwo's Charge B different from the other pokemon...
I'd like Psystrike to look how it does in X / Y. Charging it increases the amount of shards of purple darkness attacks in the force field.
But really I'd like it to be how it's described:
The user creates a force field which explodes at the opponent.
If there were over 50 they'd advertise that
If they advertised "50+" we'd go insane of the possible numbers. Saying "40+" isn't that crazy since Brawl's roster was in total 39 fighters. If the potential leak is 100% correct which it practically is, then we have 50+ playable fighters. Mii Fighters aren't apart of the roster, yet you shouldn't disregard them as they are 3 separate playable fighters. I'm one of those players who considered :pt: 3 playable characters, it is no different here.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Theres no point in hoping for a final smash that is not mega mewtwo y. Although I dont like it because when I think of Mewtwo i think of him in the first movie, its pretty much a given if hes in.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
9 days is still within a couple weeks because it's less than 14 days. It's still more than a week though, which is why I didn't say within a week. Within days makes it sound like less than a week IMO which is why I didn't use that.
It's about one week and four hours...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I almost mistook this thread for a Fox thread. Can we please stay on topic?
There is 4 quotes & 4 replies on this page, so you're right. What's the topic(s)? Oh, just countdowns to Japan's release of SSB3DS. . . and Star Fox Final Smashes.

A topic I'd like to bring up is: Mewtwo using Swift.

You guys can bash me for it all you want, but it'd certainly be a decent choice to replace SB imo, or replace his Side B or Down B for it. I'm ready for the nostalgia Strikes Back! fans to reply to me now.:shades:

Last edited:

Polo

Smash Cadet

You guys can bash me for it all you want, but it'd certainly be a decent choice to replace SB imo, or replace his Side B or Down B for it. I'm ready for the nostalgia Strikes Back! fans to reply to me now.:shades:
Nah, it would be too overpowered, since Swift never misses :p

EDIT: Seriously though, I think Swift could be pretty cool if it was a homing projectile (although perhaps not too fast-moving so it isn't too hard to dodge). Might be quite a spamable move though.

Personally, my ideal moveset for Mewtwo would be to keep Teleport and Shadow Ball, replace Confusion with Psystrike, and replace Disable with Barrier (and make it look like the Barrier Mewtwo (and Mew) use in the first movie). Although I like Shadow Ball, I wouldn't mind if it was replaced, since there is starting to be a saturation of chargeable neutral-B projectiles :p

TBH, although I would prefer Mewtwo to have a slightly altered moveset, I wouldn't really mind that much if he still had the same moveset as Melee, as I think Confusion and Disable were pretty unique moves (although they would need to be buffed ofc ;)).

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Nah, it would be too overpowered, since Swift never misses :p
Oh how could I forget that. But wait! Staryu's swift is dodge-able. We still got this.:shades:

Reply after you EDITED: That would be sweet. It wouldn't be spammable since it would need a cap / limit to how much waves or rather swarm of Swift you could throw out, like Snake's 2 Grenades co-existing at the same time, or Olimar's 3 pikmin rule now. I'd say one wave of Swift to be charge-able up to 6 stars sounds reasonable.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
There is 4 quotes & 4 replies on this page, so you're right. What's the topic(s)? Oh, just countdowns to Japan's release of SSB3DS. . . and Star Fox Final Smashes.

It would be cool but yeah it would be too op because it could then hoam in on players!

Polo

Smash Cadet
Oh how could I forget that. But wait! Staryu's swift is dodge-able. We still got this.:shades:

Reply after you EDITED: That would be sweet. It wouldn't be spammable since it would need a cap / limit to how much waves or rather swarm of Swift you could throw out, like Snake's 2 Grenades co-existing at the same time, or Olimar's 3 pikmin rule now. I'd say one wave of Swift to be charge-able up to 6 stars sounds reasonable.
Ah yeah, that would work :)
It would also help Mewtwo with long range combat - I think Mewtwo should be capable of fighting from distance as well as up-close, so I think that, if he ended up losing Shadow Ball, he should get another projectile with good range to make up for it (such as your idea).

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys remember in the motherf***er leak there was a pic of a list of characters that were being added and cut and mewtwo had a ?. Did we get anymore info about what that meant because whenever i lose hope i look at that ? over mewtwo and all my hope returns and its always interested me :D

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Personally, my ideal moveset for Mewtwo would be to keep Teleport and Shadow Ball, replace Confusion with Psystrike, and replace Disable with Barrier (and make it look like the Barrier Mewtwo (and Mew) use in the first movie). Although I like Shadow Ball, I wouldn't mind if it was replaced, since there is starting to be a saturation of chargeable neutral-B projectiles :p

TBH, although I would prefer Mewtwo to have a slightly altered moveset, I wouldn't really mind that much if he still had the same moveset as Melee, as I think Confusion and Disable were pretty unique moves (although they would need to be buffed ofc ;)).
It's mostly if not always the recovery move being :GCU::GCB: Teleport that stays. I've never recalled a fighter in Smash completely altering their recovery move as something different with each passing Smash title EXCEPT when given added mechanics / elements to their move. It's not Smash canon but Mewtwo's :GCU::GCB: in Melee used, he had Fall Special frames (Darker flashing occurring while falling) while Project M Mewtwo doesn't have Fall Special frames. I liked that Confusion was a command grab that did no damage unless in the sweet-spot range of being grabbed, being pushed back if you weren't close enough, which was cool & worth bringing back. Disable in Melee used airborne was useless & was considered a ground-usage only UNLESS you had broken someone's shield & you used Disable as nothing more than Airborne % rack-up.:laugh: That reason alone is petty enough to remove Disable & bring in a fresh move to equal out Mewtwo's options & fun level. Barrier in my book is radical & approves, though I'd like my down B idea better.:urg:
It would be cool but yeah it would be too op because it could then hoam in on players!
That would be the unique aspect of it! It won't be super fast-paced like Staryu's Swift attack, & it doesn't need a homing mechanic to it to emphasize the danger of his special move. Balancing would have to take place to not make it so busted for decent game-play attitude.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
That would be sweet. It wouldn't be spammable since it would need a cap / limit to how much waves or rather swarm of Swift you could throw out, like Snake's 2 Grenades co-existing at the same time, or Olimar's 3 pikmin rule now. I'd say one wave of Swift to be charge-able up to 6 stars sounds reasonable.
Sort of like :4sheik: needles? Sounds cool.

Melee :mewtwomelee: just annoyed me insofar that he was floaty. That Ness-esque second jump took getting used to, but most of the A moves were OK, albeit physical. I would like a new side special and down special, since those two were almost never used. Now that he's got Psystrike, he should get it in smash. I'm on the fence about Shadow Ball, since there are now so many neutral specials, but Mewtwo's known for that move from the movies. Maybe it'll keep it's bizarre trajectory to offset from the others? But then it's harder to use.

I think they just need to take his floatiness down. I LOVED his other anims from melee, where he 'held' items by telekinesis, and his battering item smash moves. I want those more than anything.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
The PoTD is getting on my nerves now. There isn't anything interesting whatsoever. Sakurai better have something good to release. And by that I mean characters that weren't leaked in the damn roster.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sort of like :4sheik: needles? Sounds cool.

Melee :mewtwomelee: just annoyed me insofar that he was floaty. That Ness-esque second jump took getting used to, but most of the A moves were OK, albeit physical. I would like a new side special and down special, since those two were almost never used. Now that he's got Psystrike, he should get it in smash. I'm on the fence about Shadow Ball, since there are now so many neutral specials, but Mewtwo's known for that move from the movies. Maybe it'll keep it's bizarre trajectory to offset from the others? But then it's harder to use.

I think they just need to take his floatiness down. I LOVED his other anims from melee, where he 'held' items by telekinesis, and his battering item smash moves. I want those more than anything.
Yeah sorta, custom specials would make it spread shot or homing like it's akin to the games being accurate.
:mewtwomelee: had a very poor range distinction between close-range, & long-range. Characters who had DJC due to an aerial in mid-double-jump was interesting but turned off a lot of players making them deem the characters "Too hard to play". Sakurai removed that aspect with Ness & Yoshi in Brawl so I'm eggspecting him to do the same for Sm4sh & 5mash with Mewtwo, finally allowing Mewtwo to defend himself with DoubleJump B-air for edge-guarding. If they wanted to change up Shadow Ball, I'd keep the trajectory of it being shot, but remove the push-back recoil on it. It's powerful yes, but the more powerful Lucario got through AuraBoost%, his AuraSphere didn't push him back any further. It's silly for Mewtwo to have that even if it defines his "Power".

Shadow Ball obviously was a long-range threat, yet Mewtwo wasn't that threatening mid-range due to bad mobility & floatyness, which harmed his game-play meta competitively. Close-range he was decent especially intimidating with his grab-game & tech reads. Overall Psystrike better be confirmed a usable move replacing one of his specials preferrably Shadow Ball or Disable, since Confusion can be buffed.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Psystrike to look how it does in X / Y. Charging it increases the amount of shards of purple darkness attacks in the force field.
But really I'd like it to be how it's described:

If they advertised "50+" we'd go insane of the possible numbers. Saying "40+" isn't that crazy since Brawl's roster was in total 39 fighters. If the potential leak is 100% correct which it practically is, then we have 50+ playable fighters. Mii Fighters aren't apart of the roster, yet you shouldn't disregard them as they are 3 separate playable fighters. I'm one of those players who considered :pt: 3 playable characters, it is no different here.
Pretty sure they'd be more concerned about selling the game to other people than over hyping the game for us fans who are already sold on it if they had more than 50 characters they'd say so. At best maybe they didn't count miis and have 49 or 50 without them

D

Deleted member

With the mention of Mega Evolutions, forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mewtwo's Mega Evolution the very first one to be revealed?

I thought it was also at that E3 at the Pokemon roundtable that Sakurai was asked about including Mewtwo into this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Pretty sure they'd be more concerned about selling the game to other people than over hyping the game for us fans who are already sold on it if they had more than 50 characters they'd say so. At best maybe they didn't count miis and have 49 or 50 without them
That can indeed be true, & is a fair point.
With the mention of Mega Evolutions, forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mewtwo's Mega Evolution the very first one to be revealed?

I thought it was also at that E3 at the Pokemon roundtable that Sakurai was asked about including Mewtwo into this game.
Yes indeed.

The problem with that is now:
  • Sakurai announced Greninja, who is X & Y's promotion via starter pokemon first before anything X & Y related.
  • Charizard & Lucario have a Mega Evolution that are both from X & Y, before showing Mewtwo as a fighter.
  • "Considering it" for only Mewtwo's Mega Evolution Y is something plausible, but is not enough news to confirm Mewtwo as a fighter.
  • Mewtwo being the former in Mega Evolution, is now being the latter in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Considering it" for only Mewtwo's Mega Evolution Y is something plausible, but is not enough news to confirm Mewtwo as a fighter.

Ugh, I really hope it's not his Y evolution. I'm sorry, but the X evolution is much more appropriate. Mewtwo in my eyes has always been the Pokemon face of "power", and the Y evolution sucks that trait in his appearance right out of him.

Then again, assuming it's just the final smash, then it wouldn't really matter competitively cause I'd never see it.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Don't know if this has been talk about yet but there is a list of voice actors on the Imbd site for smash with Mewtwo on there, doubt that it's true though. If it is then we will most likely get Mewtwo with a male voice.

D

Deleted member

Don't know if this has been talk about yet but there is a list of voice actors on the Imbd site for smash with Mewtwo on there, doubt that it's true though. If it is then we will most likely get Mewtwo with a male voice.
Please be true. I don't want that horrid female voice. >_<

No offense to female voice actors, as I admire so many of them. I just prefer the male Mewtwo, aka the "Original".

Edit: @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70008442

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ugh, I really hope it's not his Y evolution. I'm sorry, but the X evolution is much more appropriate. Mewtwo in my eyes has always been the Pokemon face of "power", and the Y evolution sucks that trait in his appearance right out of him.

Then again, assuming it's just the final smash, then it wouldn't really matter competitively cause I'd never see it.
In that regard I agree that I subjectively want MegaMewtwoX over Y for this reason too. In a competitive matter because I'm that way too, I don't consider it that big of a deal to me when I'll be playing seriously after playing & messing around with the characters.
Please be true. I don't want that horrid female voice. >_<

No offense to female voice actors, as I admire so many of them. I just prefer the male Mewtwo, aka the "Original".

Edit: @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70008442
This is cool as I've already seen it. Yet it's 100% fake because it's editable from anyone. So. . .

EDIT: Still iffy about Kirk Thortnon with Shadow. Hopefully he's improved.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anybody can edit IMDB - it's like using Wikipedia as a source for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom