• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Pichu is actually the most hated. ;~;
I love Dr. Mario. I'd just hate it if its only him.
From a competitive standpoint, this is true. From a character standpoint, or overall general opinions, Dr. Mario is the most hated. People hate him even being considered for the roster. Because he is not his own character. He is Mario in a Doctor's coat. He is, and should be, an alternate costume.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Mewtwo is in, he would either be revealed through a full leak or after the game is out.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
From a competitive standpoint, this is true. From a character standpoint, or overall general opinions, Dr. Mario is the most hated. People hate him even being considered for the roster. Because he is not his own character. He is Mario in a Doctor's coat. He is, and should be, an alternate costume.
He kinda is representing tetris in a sense.
Meh, idk. I'm glad to see any reference to Melee, honestly. Dr. Mario is a fine shout out to the Melee players, it's just not complete without Mewtwo.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
In that case, there is no one character that anyone can blame for Mewtwo's non-inclusion as time used to test and work on other characters could have instead been used to further development and progression of Mewtwo... which does not automatically mean that he would be playable either, unfortunately.

Do not get me wrong, I believe that Mewtwo is in the game and I will be slightly disappointed if he is not in the game. But blaming an unrelated character is not productive or logical.
Yes, but it is looking at the characters and what they bring to the table in terms of:

• Fan popularity.
  • Moveset uniqueness.
  • Series representation or some aspect of showing off an aspect of the game they come from.

This is not a jab at Dr. Mario, but an offer to show you how people see it through their own lens.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Also, if we're getting a Mew color scheme...

Nah, but a pink colored Mewtwo would actually be cool to have to represent Mew. No jokes, it'd be awesome. But the real question is, would Sakurai do a full-body color, or just the tail?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I wonder what the eight colors/skins for Mewtwo would be....

EDIT: I gots an idea guys

1. Default
2. Green/Shiny
3. Red
4. Blue
5. Deoxys
6. Purple (Genisect)
7.Gold
8. Armor

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I wonder what the eight colors/skins for Mewtwo would be....

EDIT: I gots an idea guys

1. Default
2. Green/Shiny
3. Red
4. Blue
5. Deoxys
6. Purple (Genisect)
7.Gold
8. Armor
I dig the ideas, not so sure the purple would originate / reference towards Genesect specifically since there was the head hanco Red Genesect, but that's cool idea cus the Genesect movie. Not sure about the Deoxys' one either but that seems less probable than Purple / Red Genesect palette, but Samus' Dark Samus palette proves me wrong according to AT's being palettes too, much like a Pokeball pokemon can be an alternate palette for Mewtwo.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Heres what I think would be the best color options for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Considering the amount of representation X/Y has gotten compared to previous generations, I'm completely expecting Mewtwo's Final Smash to be Mega Mewtwo Y (or X). I don't think Psystrike will be it. It's probably more likely that it will instead replace one of his old moves from Melee, like his side-B Confusion.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Heres what I think would be the best color options for Mewtwo.

I really like the old school Mewtwo recolor (middle left). I can see:

1. Purple (default)
2. Green (shiny)
3. Red
4. Blue
5. White (original art)
6. Gray
7. Pink
8. Cyan / Yellow

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
If we ever needed proof that it was possible for an opinion to be objectively wrong, here it is. :)

I hope we get armored Mewtwo. I would play the heck out of that guy.

Also, if we're getting a Mew color scheme, do you think we'd get a Shiny Mew color scheme?
AHahahah yeah pretty much and has the bayonetta direct been streamed for anyone yet?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Considering we got 0 Smash information in the LoZ direct last month, I'm seriously not getting my hopes up for Bayonetta's.
However, anything is possible with Mr. Sakurai.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12
Dat ain't Mewtwo....
That ain't Falco!
In all seriousness, we have only a few days left, everything will be known in due time. I'm rooting for our genetic soldier(s) to still make it in, but it's not 100% guaranteed. Just a reminder, not even the leakers can completely confirm or deny who was left to unlock in the final build, so every unconfirmed fighter still has a shot. Yes, even the Ice Climbers have a shot since they have an enemy in Smash Run and a unique playstyle, not to mention the similar characters. Sakurai even mentioned that he was working some kinks out of them in an interview, so I'm confident that they're not getting cut. If all else fails, DLC is a possibility, especially considering these are the first Smash games that can even support DLC. We just need to keep our spirits high.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
If Mewtwo is in this game. I'll give a shiny Mewtwo out to everyone who wants one. (Pokemon gen 6 only tho and yes they are cloned but the original isn't hacked)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
DAMMIT :( is it out yet for some people and if it is can someone send me like the youtube link thanks :p
It's not out for anyone because it's being live streamed
Everyone will get it at the same time

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Mewtwo is in this game. I'll give a shiny Mewtwo out to everyone who wants one. (Pokemon gen 6 only tho and yes they are cloned but the original isn't hacked)
I'll take you on the offer because I don't mind cloned Pokemon as long as the original isn't hacked.

pokeman2223

Smash Cadet
9 days, will Mewtwo make it or not?

Well honestly yes, Sakurai hinted at him saying he wanted to use Mega Mewtwo Y's form in the game
i really hope your right but just because Sakurai said maybe doesn't mean he's gonna be in just what does maybe mean it means it might go ether way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom