• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
9 more days(Probably less cause leaks),All in all this speculatiting was fun.I can't believe wel'll have the roster next week!!!!
Yeah I'm just curios how many more newcomer videos we will get before release. I mean there is still probably quite a bit of them left yet.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Blaziken was promoted during XY through the Torchic event so whos to say Mewtwo cant get some type of promotion for ORAS via a new form or somthing (unless Z comes into existence).
Mewthree, anybody? :troll:

Yeah I'm just curios how many more newcomer videos we will get before release. I mean there is still probably quite a bit of them left yet.
Sakurai stated we were at the bottom of the barrel. There will likely be only one or two more.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Mewthree, anybody? :troll:

Sakurai stated we were at the bottom of the barrel. There will likely be only one or two more.
Ahh that's right then I guess we will get a lot of characters revealed in the trailers, but there is also secret characters that may not get one like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
This thread could use a little more hype.
(Mewtwo's Project M theme that's essentially a remix of his first movie theme; GET HYPE!)

More obnoxious hype things in the spoiler.

0:41 - CHANT THE CHANT OF MEWTWO!
HAH! HOOH HOOH HAH!

2:30 - Feel the feels of Mewtwo...

Everywhere:Else - HYPE THE HYPE OF MEWTWO!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Fellow Mewtwo fans. Our candidate was one who was unfortunately struck down with Time Constraints. We have to only wait 7 days (not counting weekends) to see the fate of our Pokemon King. May this circumstance be different and let Time bless Mewtwo so he shall grace SSB4 with his Intelligence.

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Im sure all newcomers will have trailers. The ones thats not released before japan release date will just be on the cart and uploaded to youtube. It would make no sense some new comers gets trailers and some don't

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Fellow Mewtwo fans. Our candidate was one who was unfortunately struck down with Time Constraints. We have to only wait 7 days (not counting weekends) to see the fate of our Pokemon King. May this circumstance be different and let Time bless Mewtwo so he shall grace SSB4 with his Intelligence.
I've actually got a feeling that Mewtwo's been finished before (or is close enough) and is being held under as many wraps as possible.

I heard similar things about Pac-Man before he was revealed, so it wouldn't surprise me if Mewtwo was actually just being hidden until the last minute.

Last edited:

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Blaziken was promoted during XY through the Torchic event so whos to say Mewtwo cant get some type of promotion for ORAS via a new form or somthing (unless Z comes into existence).
There is no way of knowing if Mewtwo would have some kind of new promotion in ORAS, in fact if that does happen, which would be amazing, i am confident it would be done to purposefully build up hype around a Mewtwo DLC.

Unfortunately that's all speculation at this point and we have no way of knowing. Besides, I think it is far more likely that a new Deoxys or Jirachi Promotion will be used instead.

Morbi

Scavenger
Mewtwo will be fine unless there are more time constraints and a random last minute third-party character. :troll:

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I don't think any kind of marketing is really necessary for Mewtwo. He's iconic enough to not need any new reasoning to get into Smash 4. He's easily one of the most iconic Pokemon and is well know across all generations of fans. For example, I'm 21, so it's a given that I know Mewtwo. My little brother, who is only 11, knew of Mewtwo even before X/Y released. He's still relevant to this day, because of Mewtwo himself.

Just my view though.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Mewtwo will be fine unless there are more time constraints and a random last minute third-party character. :troll:
That is of course they do the same thing as they did with Sonic. :smirk:

Edit: Forgot to mention, we do not know at what time the Developers and Sakurai decided to get to work on Mewtwo. It is hard to know if they worked on Mewtwo while Mario and the Original were under development or at a different point in time.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Oh my God. Thanks for altering my words. I said it's POSSIBLE Bayonetta could be revealed, along with Mewtwo to coincide with Skyblade's prediction.

*cough* Japanese Direct *cough*
I mean come on, surely that was at least a LITTLE unexpected, right? Sakurai didn't say ANYTHING about it.

Thanks for speaking for all of us, emperor Rabbidz. -_- I personally think Greninja looks pretty cool. He's very original. His tongue is his scarf, he has a pretty unique color scheme...I mean sure, I would rather have Mewtwo over Greninja, but I like both. He's not terrible.
I meant that its POSSIBLE it wasnt even your theory and i meant greninja has a **** desingn compared to mewtwos design and thats my opinion plus chesnaught is way better :p

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'm worried that if Mewtwo can't be DLC character simply because he doesn't match up with any upcoming releases. AS and OR are Pokemon games but they don't feature Mewtwo in any prominent way. I hope Mewtwo is in the Launch roster because if he isn't I'm afraid Mewtwo has very low chances of being released as DLC.

Imagine how annoying it would be if we got Blaziken DLC but never got Mewtwo in the game.
Mewtwo is not going to be affected by his chances as DLC hypothetically speaking. Blaziken or Sceptile or Swameprt are not stopping Mewtwo's chances to be DLC around that time frame. You can rest easy on that.

I put in favor for 3rd Gen pokemon like Sceptile for the ORAS sales to make Sceptile DLC with the WiiU release date. If Sceptile & Blaziken are likely because of ORAS, Mewtwo is good still by Sakurai: "We're considering it". I'd like to hear Sakurai say something like that for Sceptile's sake.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I meant that its POSSIBLE it wasnt even your theory and i meant greninja has a **** desingn compared to mewtwos design and thats my opinion plus chesnaught is way better :p
If we ever needed proof that it was possible for an opinion to be objectively wrong, here it is. :)

I hope we get armored Mewtwo. I would play the heck out of that guy.

Also, if we're getting a Mew color scheme, do you think we'd get a Shiny Mew color scheme?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
There is way too much truth in this statement. Thanks a lot Subspace and Sonic
That depends on how much time the Developers, Programmers, and Gameplay Testers need to work on each character. Add in the fact that it is hard to determine how much time each character takes and it is hard to distinguish who would be cut because of Time Constraints, unless Sakurai never got the Ice Climbers because of the technical difficulty.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
That depends on how much time the Developers, Programmers, and Gameplay Testers need to work on each character. Add in the fact that it is hard to determine how much time each character takes and it is hard to distinguish who would be cut because of Time Constraints, unless Sakurai never got the Ice Climbers because of the technical difficulty.
Yeah since they put so much effort into getting him to work in Brawl I'm hoping they had a head start for Smash 4.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I hope we get armored Mewtwo. I would play the heck out of that guy.

Also, if we're getting a Mew color scheme, do you think we'd get a Shiny Mew color scheme?
you owe me this sledgehammer in your face :seuss:

Sure, but that'd be copying Project M. If we got Scarf Mewtwo from Returns, that would be just as awesome while not submitting to the idea that "oh jeez a mod did better than us, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Eh, Blue Mewtwo sounds...off.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
you owe me this sledgehammer in your face :seuss:
I was off with the date. If we don't get the trailer before launch, I'll Golden Hammer myself for you.

Sure, but that'd be copying Project M. If we got Scarf Mewtwo from Returns, that would be just as awesome while not submitting to the idea that "oh jeez a mod did better than us, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Eh, Blue Mewtwo sounds...off.
But I love blue Mew, blue Mewtwo should be just as good.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah since they put so much effort into getting him to work in Brawl I'm hoping they had a head start for Smash 4.
You have to remember who came before Mewtwo and how Sakurai seems to be prioritizing things.

First you get the Original 8 to help show off the game.

Then 3rd party companies have to be contacted for Paper Work and Contract Documentation before they can start work on the character.

Newcomers will be made afterwards to be a part of the Reveal Trailer for the Latest Smash Brothers to be alongside the originals.

Veterans of the game that are not the Original Twelve or have any significant difference would be more than likely focused on later.

Well, that is my take on it at least.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
You have to remember who came before Mewtwo and how Sakurai seems to be prioritizing things.

First you get the Original 8 to help show off the game.

Then 3rd party companies have to be contacted for Paper Work and Contract Documentation before they can start work on the character.

Newcomers will be made afterwards to be a part of the Reveal Trailer for the Latest Smash Brothers to be alongside the originals.

Veterans of the game that are not the Original Twelve or have any significant difference would be more than likely focused on later.

Well, that is my take on it at least.
I see your point but remember Sakurai has wanted/planned for Mewtwo to be in every game, so he obviously likes him enough to be heavily considered.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I see your point but remember Sakurai has wanted/planned for Mewtwo to be in every game, so he obviously likes him enough to be heavily considered.
Yes, that is true. Whatever happened to Mewtwo in Brawl happened and I believe it was because of Sonic.

Trying to add a Third Party character so late in the game's development would have caused Sakurai and his team to sign Contracts and other Legal stuff in order to get Sonic in the game, taking time from potential playable characters.

Not to mention that Sakurai was caught off guard when Brawl was announced because he was not contacted before the first trailer of the game was shown.

Everything added up together that happened in Brawl worked against Mewtwo, but nothing is in his way now.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Yes, that is true. Whatever happened to Mewtwo in Brawl happened and I believe it was because of Sonic.

Trying to add a Third Party character so late in the game's development would have caused Sakurai and his team to sign Contracts and other Legal stuff in order to get Sonic in the game, taking time from potential playable characters.

Not to mention that Sakurai was caught off guard when Brawl was announced because he was not contacted before the first trailer of the game was shown.

Everything added up together that happened in Brawl worked against Mewtwo, but nothing is in his way now.
Exactly and with the new Mega Evolutions he is still as relevant as ever.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

*Looks at the Mario roster limit*

Mewtwo has nothing to worry about.
Of course. Especially if Dr. Mario made it in. Nintendo would not miss this opportunity to reflect how big the Pokemon Franchise is when comparing to Mario.

Doctor Mario...

If they bring Back Dr Mario and not Mewtwo I'm going to be incredibly pissed.
Considering that Mewtwo has no late Third Party additions (i.e. Sonic) to hinder his development time, I would say things are looking bright for our Pokemon King.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If they bring back Dr. Mario and not Mewtwo, I will fail to see why that correlation is relevant.
Bringing back the most hated character from Melee instead of the most beloved? I think the correlation is pretty obvious.

Mewtwo is still in, though.

Morbi

Scavenger
Bringing back the most hated character from Melee instead of the most beloved? I think the correlation is pretty obvious.

Mewtwo is still in, though.
I did not say that the correlation was not obvious, I merely asserted that I would fail to see why it is relevant as the two characters are not associated in any way other than their debut game. It is not as though Sakurai was like, "well, I had better add a character from Melee into Smash 4 just because... hmm, Dr. Mario the most hated or Mewtwo the most loved? I suppose I should go with Dr. Mario, I hope people question the decision and blame Dr. Mario for Mewtwo's non-inclusion!"

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I did not say that the correlation was not obvious, I merely asserted that I would fail to see why it is relevant as the two characters are not associated in any way other than their debut game. It is not as though Sakurai was like, "well, I had better add a character from Melee into Smash 4 just because... hmm, Dr. Mario the most hated or Mewtwo the most loved? I suppose I should go with Dr. Mario, I hope people question the decision and blame Dr. Mario for Mewtwo's non-inclusion!"
It is because the time used for Testing and Working on Dr. Mario's playability could have instead been used to further development and progression of Mewtwo.

Personally, if Dr. Mario gets in, I believe it is because he would be simple to code for, since people theorize him as being a Mario clone.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'll blame Dr. Mario for every character I want who doesn't make it to the final game. Poor Pichu.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is because the time used for Testing and Working on Dr. Mario's playability could have instead been used to further development and progression of Mewtwo.

Personally, if Dr. Mario gets in, I believe it is because he would be simple to code for, since people theorize him as being a Mario clone.
In that case, there is no one character that anyone can blame for Mewtwo's non-inclusion as time used to test and work on other characters could have instead been used to further development and progression of Mewtwo... which does not automatically mean that he would be playable either, unfortunately.

Do not get me wrong, I believe that Mewtwo is in the game and I will be slightly disappointed if he is not in the game. But blaming an unrelated character is not productive or logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom