• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Well, somebody's Poke'Mon prediction was a little... Farfetch'd... :troll:

I do kinda believe they'll do something on Monday though. I mean after all, that's the day they announce characters and stuff. Or at least they better. If Mewtwo is confirmed for the game, I'll be content with the current roster and happily proclaim this the best Smash ever. I mean, now that we have Little Mac and Pac-Man, this roster is nearing maximum awesomeness. All we need is our psychic cat overlord.

*Buys Mewtwo's Amiibo and places it in shrine*
ALL HAIL DARK EMPEROR MEWTWO .
*worships*

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Well, somebody's Poke'Mon prediction was a little... Farfetch'd... :troll:

I do kinda believe they'll do something on Monday though. I mean after all, that's the day they announce characters and stuff. Or at least they better. If Mewtwo is confirmed for the game, I'll be content with the current roster and happily proclaim this the best Smash ever. I mean, now that we have Little Mac and Pac-Man, this roster is nearing maximum awesomeness. All we need is our psychic cat overlord.

*Buys Mewtwo's Amiibo and places it in shrine*
ALL HAIL DARK EMPEROR MEWTWO .
*worships*
Oh you're setting up your shrine? I'm eggspecting a certain someone to join Sm4sh & 5mash's roster so that I can buy his Amiibo & add it to my shrine closet.:troll:

ALL HAIL THE FOREST MASTER!

I'd buy Mewtwo Amiibo too. I wonder if they had him come in Armored Mewtwo Amiibo just for extra wallet taxing?:denzel:

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Oh you're setting up your shrine? I'm eggspecting a certain someone to join Sm4sh & 5mash's roster so that I can buy his Amiibo & add it to my shrine closet.:troll:

ALL HAIL THE FOREST MASTER!

I'd buy Mewtwo Amiibo too. I wonder if they had him come in Armored Mewtwo Amiibo just for extra wallet taxing?:denzel:
Dude, first of all, that's awesome. Treecko was always my starter back in the Ruby and Sapphire days. Second, Nintendo is definitely going to have Amiibo variants. There'll probably be special ones they'll release that go with the different character's costumes.

And I don't have a Mewtwo shrine anymore, I had to sell a bunch of my stuff to make money for all the Sm4sh merch coming out :'( Oh well. A lot of it was mostly cheap, so I can probably find it all online again soon.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Dude, first of all, that's awesome. Treecko was always my starter back in the Ruby and Sapphire days. Second, Nintendo is definitely going to have Amiibo variants. There'll probably be special ones they'll release that go with the different character's costumes.

And I don't have a Mewtwo shrine anymore, I had to sell a bunch of my stuff to make money for all the Sm4sh merch coming out :'( Oh well. A lot of it was mostly cheap, so I can probably find it all online again soon.
To be fair, that image of goodies is a lie for my sake. I have none of that hotness, yet I would purchase all of it in a heartbeat. I appreciate your awesomeness for Treegecko.:cool: I can see Amiibo variants somewhat, if it were to be Mewtwo Amiibo & any variant I feel Armored Mewtwo will be another. Though on the fairness level Amiibo's would be compatible with other platform games like Captain Toad & Yoshi's Wooly World & probably Splatoon. If they were to make variants I'd would think that they'd be shared fighters / characters that are in more than one platform game. Amiibo's are also 10+$ dollars I believe so I'd get the default figure & be done with that.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Guys, there's a Bayonetta Direct on Thursday.

(Look on Nintendo's site, I can't post links yet)

If I remember correctly, some dude on here (don't remember his name, had some sort of MLP avatar) predicted that Mewtwo would be revealed on Wednesday. This Direct is on Thursday. Is it possible Bayonetta could be in Sm4sh and Mewtwo will be shown-off in her trailer, if there is one? I mean, this Direct is happening literally one day after the predicted day. It's kinda strange...

Oh, and by the way, just to put this out there, I totally believe the cloud theories about the Greninja trailer. That one cloud looks a LOT like Mewtwo, especially with the change in lighting in that one area.
The quarter master said it a few posts back!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ zombieRabbidz zombieRabbidz Where did this information come from? That Mewtwo would be revealed in a trailer with Bayonetta?
That's again, a theory.

Theres a Bayonetta Direct on Thursday and they're saying that Mewtwo would be a nice reveal alongside her for some reason.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
9 days, will Mewtwo make it or not?

Well honestly yes, Sakurai hinted at him saying he wanted to use Mega Mewtwo Y's form in the game

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Im trying to convince myself he wont make it so I wont suffer the disappointment I did when Brawl came out.

Like I think he's got a chance but Im telling myself its a no go.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Deoxys-A is still faster though, and with Mewtwo Y's defense nerf that makes it even easier for said Deoxys to OHKO on first turn... The Y form surpassing Deoxys-A in special attack is impressive, yeah, but that's about the only thing it's got over the poke-alien. If it had been up to me, both of Mewtwo's megaforms would've been at least equal to Deoxys-A in speed.
Mega Mewtwo Y does have a stronger special defense though, so Attack Deoxys would have to resort to physical hits to really leave a big dent on Mega Mewtwo Y.

Booster

Smash Lord
Not so Fun fact: He was the only character from Melee who was cut that wasn't a clone. Why he was cut? Serebii did it.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
UUUUUHHHNGGGG 9 MORE DAAYYYSS I can barely waaiiiit!!!!

What if he doesn't make it in?! DDDD:
Not something you should consider.

Revealing Mewtwo during the Bayonetta direct wouldn't necessarily be nice, but it'd be radically unexpected, which is like Sakurai.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Not something you should consider.

Revealing Mewtwo during the Bayonetta direct wouldn't necessarily be nice, but it'd be radically unexpected, which is like Sakurai.
Not everything Nintendo does has something to do with Smash Bros.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I think facts and assumptions are getting mixed up. He's mistaken in thinking we have a theory of mewtwo being revealed during the bayonetta direct, when in reality, we have a theory of mewtwo being revealed with beyoneta a day or so BEFORE the direct.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hasn't the Hyrule Warriors Direct pointed out that Smash Bros. won't be mentioned in every Nintendo Direct that airs? Don't be expecting Mewtwo to show up in the Bayonetta 2 Direct.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Hasn't the Hyrule Warriors Direct pointed out that Smash Bros. won't be mentioned in every Nintendo Direct that airs? Don't be expecting Mewtwo to show up in the Bayonetta 2 Direct.
It was just a prediction but i dont believe it
I think facts and assumptions are getting mixed up. He's mistaken in thinking we have a theory of mewtwo being revealed during the bayonetta direct, when in reality, we have a theory of mewtwo being revealed with beyoneta a day or so BEFORE the direct.
This is the day before the direct and we havent gotten anything so we will have to watch the direct tommorow! Btw does anyone know when its being streamed for australia!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've stated before I don't care about this guy, he looks terrible moveset-wise, I don't want him in. However, I noticed something in Greninja's trailer, before Charizard flies up, one of the clouds resembles Mewtwo. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
I've stated before I don't care about this guy, he looks terrible, I don't want him in. However, I noticed something in Greninja's trailer, before Charizard flies up, one of the clouds resembles Mewtwo. What do you guys think?
Get out :| mewtwo dosent look terrible greninja does

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
My predictions:
1) Default (Purple)
2) Shiny (Green Tail, and rep. first gen game)
3) Stadium (Black Tail)
3) Game Boy (Gray Tail, resemblance his sprite in G/B/R)
4) Mew (Pink)
5) Yellow (Pokemon Yellow sprite)
6) Original Artwork (purple/white tail. No other changes)
7) Red (not necessary, but rep. first gen game)
8) Blue (not necessary, but rep. First gen game).
7 and 8 could be the armored mewtwo (silver and gold)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Leak specifically said 8 alts for each character.

Samus has 8 alts; direct leak support.

Uh i got a note thats still technically a fraud

It does not mean the 4 are not playable its just means the ninka leak does not work of prooving mewtwo and the other 3 is 100% confirmed playable.

But mewtwo is still very very likely at this point.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
The quarter master said it a few posts back!
Oh my God. Thanks for altering my words. I said it's POSSIBLE Bayonetta could be revealed, along with Mewtwo to coincide with Skyblade's prediction.
*cough* Japanese Direct *cough*
I mean come on, surely that was at least a LITTLE unexpected, right? Sakurai didn't say ANYTHING about it.
Get out :| mewtwo dosent look terrible greninja does
Thanks for speaking for all of us, emperor Rabbidz. -_- I personally think Greninja looks pretty cool. He's very original. His tongue is his scarf, he has a pretty unique color scheme...I mean sure, I would rather have Mewtwo over Greninja, but I like both. He's not terrible.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I really, really want to see what Mewtwo's screen KO will look like in this game. Am I the only one who's hyped for that?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I will probably main Greninja if Mewtwo wouldn't make it(but he will) so what time is that Bayonetta direct?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Okay, yeah, considering anything Smash related would be shown during the Direct was really farfetched on my part.

However, I'm still looking forward to a reveal or revelation of Mewtwo being in the game at some point.

Also, Mewtwo and Greninja look pretty badass, IMO.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Guys will this thread go down in the next 9 days D: ?

Well. Time is very tight now. And they still haven't revealed Duck hunt dog, Dr.Mario, and Dark pit. Fingers crossed that the last reveal would reveal those 3 and Mewtwo!

Also, we need a trailer Sakurai. You can't just reveal the best character in a PoTD...

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Guys will this thread go down in the next 9 days D: ?

Well. Time is very tight now. And they still haven't revealed Duck hunt dog, Dr.Mario, and Dark pit. Fingers crossed that the last reveal would reveal those 3 and Mewtwo!

Also, we need a trailer Sakurai. You can't just reveal the best character in a PoTD...
It won't go down because he would be the number one most expected DLC character if he is not in the base game.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
It won't go down because he would be the number one most expected DLC character if he is not in the base game.
I think it would be insulting to have him as a DLC as much as to have him as a Pokeball. I don't know why it's just because DLCs are usually not given much attention and aren't really important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom