• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I am aware of that. However, it's not a true confirmation. We don't actually know whether or not the image of the locked All-Star mode was from the same save file/point in time as the image of the character select screen. For all we know, the All-Star picture may have been taken first, and then later on all the characters were unlocked and a picture was taken of that; or maybe the leaked images aren't even from the same save file. While one would logically think that the pictures would come from the same save file, we do not know for a fact that there is a direct correlation between the two images. Therefore, we can't say for sure that there will be more characters.
The leaker also stated that was not the full roster. That and Sakurai's PoTD confirms there are more characters. Not a lot though. 2-5.
It also would make no sense to take the pictures from different save file/points.

Morbi

Scavenger
The leaker also stated that was not the full roster. That and Sakurai's PoTD confirms there are more characters. Not a lot though. 2-5.
It also would make no sense to take the pictures from different save file/points.
False was stating objective fact which is why you could not refute what he stated without resorting to irrelevant claims. First of all, it does not matter that the leaker stated that it was not the final roster as he does not necessarily have access to that information. It was quite clearly an assumption on his part based on the all-star image. Secondly, Sakurai's PoTD confirms that there are more characters... guess what? He neglected to reveal Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, and Dr. Mario up to this point. The picture confirms nothing. Lastly, it does not have to make sense for False's assertion to be true. Unless you can prove that they are from the same save file, it is always a possibility that they are not.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
False was stating objective fact which is why you could not refute what he stated without resorting to irrelevant claims. First of all, it does not matter that the leaker stated that it was not the final roster as he does not necessarily have access to that information. It was quite clearly an assumption on his part based on the all-star image. Secondly, Sakurai's PoTD confirms that there are more characters... guess what? He neglected to reveal Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, and Dr. Mario up to this point. The picture confirms nothing. Lastly, it does not have to make sense for False's assertion to be true. Unless you can prove that they are from the same save file, it is always a possibility that they are not.
Your argument questions your argument.

Unless he can prove they aren't from the same save file it's safe to say they are.

Morbi

Scavenger
Your argument questions your argument.

Unless he can prove they aren't from the same save file it's safe to say they are.
No. It does not work like that. False asserted, "there is always the possibility that they are not from the same save file." He never directly insinuates that he believes that they are either. You come in and say, without supporting your reasoning, "that makes no sense" and you proceed to say, "it's safe to say they are" which insinuates that you believe that they are from the same save file beyond a reasonable doubt. Which party has the burden of proof? The one asserting a claim. False is just open to the possibilities; you, quite clearly, are not. Therefore, you are the user obligated to prove that the save file is the same. Otherwise, False's perspective remains objectively true.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
No. It does not work like that. False asserted, "there is always the possibility that they are not from the same save file." He never directly insinuates that he believes that they are either. You come in and say, without supporting your reasoning, "that makes no sense" and you proceed to say, "it's safe to say they are" which insinuates that you believe that they are from the same save file beyond a reasonable doubt. Which party has the burden of proof? The one asserting a claim. False is just open to the possibilities; you, quite clearly, are not. Therefore, you are the user obligated to prove that the save file is the same. Otherwise, False's perspective remains objectively true.
The fact that the leaker himself has said there are more characters is more than enough proof. He must have had known that they were not all the characters. He worked for NOA. And was in charge of sending the pictures to the ESRB. It might have been "just a assumption" but that assumption is confirmed to be fact by Sakurai's indirect reply to the leak. Stating that the padlock means that there are more characters to be unlocked.

The argument that the save files/points could be different has one thing standing in it's way. Mere logic.

One thing I can confirm however is that the pictures were taken while the game was still being developed. Considering the unfinished CSS. There are more characters that could have been added since then.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Since when has a Smash game EVER had multiple save files? It doesn't even make sense to. "Man, I really wish I could go back to the restricted way the game was before everything was unlocked. Oh, hey, I'll just choose "New Game" and start over!"

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The argument that the save files/points could be different has one thing standing in it's way. Mere logic.

One thing I can confirm however is that the pictures were taken while the game was still being developed. Considering the unfinished CSS. There are more characters that could have been added since then.
Sadly, what could be considered "logic" does not work as substantial proof. Is it logical that the images would all come from the same save file at the same point in time? Yes. Does that mean that's exactly what happened? Not necessarily.

Until we've seen a character revealed that is not on that leaked character select screen, we do not have substantial proof that there are, in fact, more characters.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Sadly, what could be considered "logic" does not work as substantial proof. Is it logical that the images would all come from the same save file at the same point in time? Yes. Does that mean that's exactly what happened? Not necessarily.

Until we've seen a character revealed that is not on that leaked character select screen, we do not have substantial proof that there are, in fact, more characters.
Do you people really need to choose the most unexplainable impossible route?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Do you people really need to choose the most unexplainable impossible route?
If it was really impossible, I wouldn't be considering it.

As long as it's within the realm of possibility, it's something that should be considered and evaluated like every other possibility. Dismissing it entirely just because it seems unlikely is foolish.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Since when has a Smash game EVER had multiple save files? It doesn't even make sense to. "Man, I really wish I could go back to the restricted way the game was before everything was unlocked. Oh, hey, I'll just choose "New Game" and start over!"
i dont think anyone would say that. :p i like my games with no restrictions meself. that is a very backwards way of thinking.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
...well, both the pessimistic and optimistic sides have equal amounts of logic behind them.
I just hope this isn't all Sakurai has to give us. No Ridley or Mewtwo is just a sad play, imo.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
...well, both the pessimistic and optimistic sides have equal amounts of logic behind them.
I just hope this isn't all Sakurai has to give us. No Ridley or Mewtwo is just a sad play, imo.
Expect the worst and hope for the best.

As for where I stand, I'm fairly certain the leak is all we're getting. It wouldn't make sense to not have a few characters shown to the ESRB.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Aerodactyl, I think.
This is actually very fitting in many ways. Props.:shades: Now I'm ready for that Dragonite palette idea for :4charizard:.

In other news, the recent points made for news about what they saw in the Japanese demo, Lucario not having the palette to resemble anything Mewtwo-esque is decent news, assuming palettes mean any merit to disconfirming, which they don't really.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Idk, Charizard got quite a resembling palette that has a color much like a certain clone we know of.:troll:
:142: Says hi

Aslo:

This is Charizard's official colors for Project M. The second one looks a lot like the one in the video huh? Think about that for a while...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
:142: Says hi

Aslo:

This is Charizard's official colors for Project M. The second one looks a lot like the one in the video huh? Think about that for a while...
I was getting the huge vibe that most of what I read from the Japanese demo had many elements or particular things I noticed in Project M already, as far as palettes & costumes go. Yoshi's colors was a huge indication for me & I realized that palette was in Project M as well. I main Ivysaur in P:M so I ignore the other 2 starters quite often to barely give a notice.:shades:

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Expect the worst and hope for the best.

As for where I stand, I'm fairly certain the leak is all we're getting. It wouldn't make sense to not have a few characters shown to the ESRB.
Didn't the leaker say that the leak wasn't the full roster? Plus the All-Star padlock and the fact that there hasn't been multiple saves since Brawl.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
if he didn't reference him on Lucario, then yes, anything is possible
If Lucina gets a Mewtwo palette swap, I am just going to crack up.

But don't worry guys. Mewtwo is in. We'll see that this coming week. I was wrong about the date, but the trailer is coming.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Lucina gets a Mewtwo palette swap, I am just going to crack up.

But don't worry guys. Mewtwo is in. We'll see that this coming week. I was wrong about the date, but the trailer is coming.
Lucina getting a Mewtwo palette. lol.

have i mentioned i have this sledgehammer here

such a beautiful object

it's dying to meet your face, since it's getting mad with all these supposed trailer dates

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
In regards to a incomplete roster, the remaining characters could have a complex unlock requirement and the leaker couldn't get them in time or if it's a debug then they probably didn't have the final build of the game since Mewtwo seems like a last minute addition.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Part of me doubts he'll get a trailer, he'll probably be a secret character just like he was in Melee.
He's too heavily requested to leave out of a trailer, in my mind. He is THE MOST REQUESTED character in the game. I think he'll get a comeback trailer after his noticeable absence.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If Mewtwo is reserved to be within a trailer, he'd be a prime-time hype returning fighter in the trailer doing whatever Mewtwo will do. The main focus would be around the newcomer, but Mewtwo could, & probably will steal the trailer showing off the new changes, & FS being a MEvo.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If Mewtwo is reserved to be within a trailer, he'd be a prime-time hype returning fighter in the trailer doing whatever Mewtwo will do. The main focus would be around the newcomer, but Mewtwo could, & probably will steal the trailer showing off the new changes, & FS being a MEvo.
In short, exactly like Charizard, only with more highlights because he was gone a game.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If he's revealed alongside Ridley, there would be an equal amount of hype for them both.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'd find it funny if he did get a trailer alongside Ridley, they'd probably end up calling it "The Requested" or something along those lines. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom