• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Leak confirmed fake. The origin of the leak is allegedly from the ESRB, but the ESRB does not play the games they rate: they are sent footage and screens of all game elements for review. If these are screens from Nintendo, why are they so unprofessionally tilted and grainy?

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp

Furthermore, where is the Mii Fighters icon? How are you supposed to select a Mii? If we assume that Miis are disabled in that leak, where would their icon go if they were enabled? There is only enough blank space on the roster to accommodate 5 more icons: the 5 DLC characters.

Spread this across SmashBoards. The leak is fake until proven otherwise.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'm am pretty sure it is fake guys until proven other wise. Although Duck Hunt Dog seems really cool. Also I will be sad if Mewtwo, Snake, Ice Climbers, and Lucas are not in the game.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
People on Reddit are still trying to claim the leak is true. They're grasping to anything they can get their hands on. Much like supporters of the Gematsu leak.

Steelia

Smash Champion
People on Reddit are still trying to claim the leak is true. They're grasping to anything they can get their hands on. Much like supporters of the Gematsu leak.
Reddit is about as bad as GameFAQs. It's not healthy.
For anyone remotely worried, pass by the news discussion topic of all places and check out the comments. They give some pretty uplifting reasons for why this is a fake:
http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-leaked-roster-surfaces.364880/

OT, I thought today was the day of the "special Pokemon announcement" stream. Was getting ready to cross my fingers for a surprise Mewtwo/Smash reveal. Wrong Tuesday :sadeyes:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I wouldn't believe anything until it's officially confirmed. If those leaks originated from 4chan then they're just as legit as the rumors that come from GameFAQs.

Also, no Mewtwo. Immediately fake.

WHERE'S OUR PSYCHIC EMO CAT SAKURAI.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
As I said in the K Rool thread I would be cool with that roster if it had Mewtwo, K Rool, and Ridley as well. Supposed the leaker said this isn't the complete roster, and I could see those 3 being the hardest to unlock. I will also repeat what I said there which is I don't expect all of the big 3 to get in, but I can't see Sakurai not putting at least one of them in. They are the most wanted characters after all.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
When I first looked at the leak I was worried but I realized it was probably fake for many reasons. One example is the picture of Ness. Plus we still have at least a week to go before the leaks might be legitimate.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
When I first looked at the leak I was worried but I realized it was probably fake for many reasons. One example is the picture of Ness. Plus we still have at least a week to go before the leaks might be legitimate.
How is the picture of Ness fake?
I never saw that version before bro.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
If FREAKING Dark Pit gets in over Mewtwo.... I am done. **** this game. If Mewtwo isn't an all star, but DARK ****ING PIT is, then screw Sakurai and get another director for the next game.
(I haven't read the whole thread yet i'm still catching up and IDK if someone replied to you)

But really? No. screw you. I think we all want Mewtwo but this game would be great either way. And If they got another Director smash would be screwed. Just look at all the other games trying to be like smash (I'm looking at you, Sony!)

So please don't be a bi.... Female dog about it.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
So, I just played through Classic Mode in Melee, just to see how Mewtwo was. You know, to feel out if I really wanted to see Mewtwo in Smash 4 or not? So, did I enjoy him, and by extension want to see him again?

Not really, no. He's kinda lightweight, his Shadow Ball's range is kinda short, and half his specials are really lame. I could do without him, really.
... nah, I'm just messing.
Of course he's super fun. He has problems (even from a casual perspective), but wow, is he grand. I can see why everyone in this topic is crossing their fingers for his return.

Count me in as part of the Mewtwo hype train.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
IF Pittoo and Dr. Mario are in, they'll be alts of Pit and Mario respectively.

Mewtwo will be in, but he won't be an alt of anybody. You cannot bet money there. :evil:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But really? No. screw you. I think we all want Mewtwo but this game would be great either way. And If they got another Director smash would be screwed. Just look at all the other games trying to be like smash (I'm looking at you, Sony!)
I'll leave that at that at least Sony Ripoff admitted it. Not derailing.

SHOW US MEWTWO ALREADY >:|

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I agree, lets not take the leak TOO seriously. Hang in there guys and let's just focus on talking about the awesome psychic pokemon that is Mewtwo. People are getting annoyed with the leak, so let's just drop it. Pic of the day will tell the tale of this honestly and the leak is just a copy of the Ninka one it seems.

Lets not feed the trolls of 4chan and just move along now.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
So guys, if this leak is actually real (I dont think it is) then does this rule Mewtwo out?
I believe that the question mark may mean that Mewtwo is an unlockable character. I mean. This leak is only showing veterans, confirmed newcomers, and characters that are new to this leak. He's the only unconfirmed veteran with a question mark over his head. There could be a few more unlockable newcomers that aren't shown.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Even if this "leak" is true, I believe they claimed they haven't unlocked all the characters in the game. But as with any leak, see it as you see fit. Ness's shirt argument, inconsistent renders, and such don't make me buy the leak.

Plus, wasn't there another that listed Mewtwo as a "?" as opposed to a "X" like Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Snake. Who knows, Mewtwo could be a secret character or a DLC one, though I think it's foolish that Dr. Mario would get in over Mewtwo as a returnee after their absence in Brawl.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I agree, lets not take the leak TOO seriously. Hang in there guys and let's just focus on talking about the awesome psychic pokemon that is Mewtwo. People are getting annoyed with the leak, so let's just drop it. Pic of the day will tell the tale of this honestly and the leak is just a copy of the Ninka one it seems.

Lets not feed the trolls of 4chan and just move along now.
Just to clarify, Mewtwo has been "confirmed" by another source who apparently leaked something extremely similar (Ridley too, but no K. Rool, just Dixie :c ).

I still don't believe this whole thing, even if I do find the topic quite exciting. But if it turns out to be true... let's just say it's very good news for Mewtwo supporters :150:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Just to clarify, Mewtwo has been "confirmed" by another source who apparently leaked something extremely similar (Ridley too, but no K. Rool, just Dixie :c ).

I still don't believe this whole thing, even if I do find the topic quite exciting. But if it turns out to be true... let's just say it's very good news for Mewtwo supporters :150:
3/4 characters that i really wanted is great exspecialy mewtwo

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Didn't this leak actually kinda confirm Mewtwo? He wasn't crossed out he had ? over him whatever that means.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice

I heard that actually, so at least they're in the game if the leak is indeed true. Bummer about K.rool, but at least dixie kong is another highly requested character like him, so that at least makes up for it if it is true.

I don't either. It just seems sloppy and iffy to me... But yes, at least Mewtwo supporters don't have to worry if that was the case.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Where's this leak? I've been lurking around the comments in the thread posted on the home page, but I haven't seen anything.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Where's this leak? I've been lurking around the comments in the thread posted on the home page, but I haven't seen anything.
Goodness, all the leak threads are either disappearing or merged, it's so find to hard the info now :laugh: Someone took a picture showing the names of the unrevealed, but can't find it. Go here and scroll down to the Speculation area. The list looked a lot like that. All I know for sure is that it listed Mewtwo as part of the not-yet-unlocked cast :p

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
@ Steelia Steelia I found a screencap that matches up with what you said in the 3DS Potential Leak thread and am posting it here for others to see.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
This whole leak is incredibly dumb. Aside from Dr. Marios CSP looking INCREDIBLY believable, everything else is just begging to debunk it, especially warios INCREDIBLY low res highly compressed POS CSP. Smashboards article writers devoting a whole article to it just poured gas on this incredibly dumb fire.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
This whole leak is incredibly FAKE.
Fixed that. No matter who is claimed to appear, no matter who may or may not have been factually correct before, NEVER assume a leak is in any way true until corroborated with an official source. Leaks are fake until proven otherwise, regardless of how closely it panders to your roster preferences... and yes, this is especially true if puffball, Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool or other hotly discussed characters are shown/mentioned.

Tl;dr version: Leaks are fake until proven otherwise. The only legitimate information comes from Sakurai himself.

Megamaw

Smash Rookie
I'm not quite sure I understand the salt behind Doctor Mario, since, while Doc is a favored choice of mine, the leak has yet to be confirmed-- we're twiddling over what might be just speculation here, folks.

I've noted quite a few things in this topic, but one that stands out is the accusation that 4chan spread these leaks. After browsing /vg/ and /v/ for a while, I've noted that many people on 4chan, themselves, are divided on the validity of these leaks. While the leaks may have been posted on 4chan, the community on that site, as a whole, is just as confused as the lot of you.

In addition, it's not too farfetched to bring back Doc, is it? He still had files in Brawl, and Sakurai had indeed stated that the slightest gameplay difference would give him his own slot, like Lucina-- not an alternate costume.

Either way, quit worrying about it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Sorry, I got it confused with the fake leak Masonance posted. Still though, there are other things that support this being a fake. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit seem really unlikely. Plus the Ice Climbers getting cut..... really?
Dr. Mario is already programed into the game. He could be a last minute clone. Dark Pit's one of Sakurai's Creations. But Mewtwo should have "High Priority" over any of the Melee Veterans!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Leak or no leak it's pretty obvious not all the characters are shown there.

Rest easy, guys. Mewtwo's no less likely than he was two days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom