• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would not be surprised if Mewtwo doesn't come back. Melee has Pikachu, Jiggly, Mewtwo and Pichu all which promoted Gen 1 and 2 of pokemon, with Crystal having been released shortly before Melee. Lucario replaced Mewtwo as Gen 4 has just came out and they wanted to promote Diamond and Pearl while Poke Trainer replaced Pichu probably because of FireRed and Leafgreen and possibly the anime. As for Smash 4, Greninja promotes X and Y along with the vets Pikachu and Jiggly. As for why they kept Lucario...no idea. Maybe Lucario was just a popular enough character that they wanted to keep him. Given the popularity of Mewtwo, they *could* bring him back since he's a legendary in X and Y but theres always a chance he wont. I'm also hoping that Mewtwo doesn't return for another reason: Over-representation. Pokemon will have 4 reps already, and while 4 is a fine number to have, there are other series that only have one or two. Like Metroid. and while I know that Mewtwo's inclusion won't exclusively make Ridley, Kraid, Rundas or Dark Samus not be in the game, it would be a huge middle finger to have all these new and returning characters for other series and then just have Samus crying alone because her only friends are dead

TL;DR Theres hope for him, but don't really count on him returning.
Pokemon had six playable characters in Brawl, and it almost had seven - it getting six playable characters (since Jigglypuff's almost definitely returning) this time around isn't much of a stretch.

Besides, it's not like Mewtwo's inclusion makes a new Metroid character impossible - personally, I think that both Ridley and Mewtwo are likely! (Mewtwo for his sheer popularity, as well as its relevance to the sixth generation seeing as it was the only one of two Pokemon to get multiple Mega Evolutions, and Ridley for reasons that are already discussed in the second post of the Ridley thread so there's no reason for me to bring them up here)

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Actually Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo, he was planned to be in the game. Sakurai just ran into technical limitations and time restraints. Sakurai also said he doesn't like cutting characters, and a lot of people were mad Mewtwo got cut. This could be Sakurai's last Smash game, so I think he wants to make it right by including Mewtwo this time.
Woah woah woah, when was there any indication of that?

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Yo yo yo, it's fairly recent news:
No, I meant about this being Sakurai's last Smash game, when was that ever indicated?
@ Steelia Steelia No, I meant the part about this being Sakurai's last Smash game, where and when was THAT ever indicated?

Yo yo yo, it's fairly recent news:
No, I meant the part about this being Sakurai's last Smash game, when and where was that ever indicated?

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ Rubbertop Rubbertop I'm a day late but Welcome to SmashBoards!
@CharizardY Welcome to SmashBoards!!
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A Never! Egg puns are eggcelent.:4yoshi:

Seems to be a lot of mixed character discussion in here. Lets put an egg to that.:4yoshi:

Mewtwo may get a change from his SB to something else, maybe a charge-able spread-shot projectile like Psystrike.
Tail becomes darkness-based like @woopyfrood said, making him so much more unique.
Optional spoon in taunt, but unlikely to be in his actualy move-set, similar to Falcon's gun & Ganon's sword.
MOre to come etc. etc.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Yeah ask a mod, to help edit your posts into one. Try not to post so much, at best edit your single posts unless you feel the need to get a point across with a huge line of posts, or if the time in between your 2 posts are long enough.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Yeah ask a mod, to help edit your posts into one. Try not to post so much, at best edit your single posts unless you feel the need to get a point across with a huge line of posts, or if the time in between your 2 posts are long enough.
Delete Post should be an option so we could fix our mistakes much quicker.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Never! Egg puns are eggcelent.:4yoshi:[/USER]
You know, whenever I see your posts, I just imagine the Egghead from the Adam West Batman show writing this all up.

As for Mewtwo, I'd be fine with any sort of overhaul. Would be really cool if he could use the elemental moves like Thunderbolt or Ice Beam, since he is capable of learning them.[/user]

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc Eggscuse me?:yoshi2:
Funny that I deliver that imagination. 'Till playing Project M, I enjoy Mewtwo's F-smash, D-smash, & U-smash. F-air, F-throw, & N-air ; I would prefer if his D-throw instead of being a tail smacking slam, I prefer it be a throw levitating the foe upward & slamming them down on the ground exactly how you see Mewtwo carry a Beam Sword & use the smash attack.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
@ Steelia Steelia No, I meant the part about this being Sakurai's last Smash game, where and when was THAT ever indicated?

No, I meant the part about this being Sakurai's last Smash game, when and where was that ever indicated?
It was never indicated it's just Sakurai has some health issues and will probably take a break after this game. He also doesn't like making sequels, but yeah he never said anything like this is it. It is clearly speculation, and of course I hope he continues making Smash.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
So it's been a week since Meta Knight so maybe tomorrow we will get another revveal. Mewtwo starts with the letter M as well so it could be him(extreme straw grasping):mewtwopm:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So it's been a week since Meta Knight so maybe tomorrow we will get another revveal. Mewtwo starts with the letter M as well so it could be him(extreme straw grasping):mewtwopm:
stop copying my insane dream ruining theories

Wishful thinking.

But I was going to make a batch of deviled eggs. . .for Mewtwo:troll:. I thought they'd suit him
:mewtwopm:: Mere humans' cooking. . .what's this? NOM NOM
:snake::Tasty
:mewtwopm:: Eggcelent
you murder infant pokemon, you monster

Last edited:

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
It was never indicated it's just Sakurai has some health issues and will probably take a break after this game. He also doesn't like making sequels, but yeah he never said anything like this is it. It is clearly speculation, and of course I hope he continues making Smash.
If that meant anything for Smash Bros, he would've just stopped after Melee. Plus, Smash is too popular for him to just stop making them, at least until he retires.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
If that meant anything for Smash Bros, he would've just stopped after Melee. Plus, Smash is too popular for him to just stop making them, at least until he retires.
I think he wanted Brawl to be the last game(don't quote me on that I'm just thinking I heard it somewhere). My thinking is that he is grooming Bandai Namco to help take the reigns for the next one. All of these thought point back to me thinking that Sakurai wants to put Mewtwo back in to show his love for us fans!!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ strawhatninja strawhatninja Sakurai quoted somewhere on a source that he designed Brawl as if it were the last Smash Brothers, not that it will be the last Smash Brothers. This is why, this is why, that's why Mewtwo's in.:teeth:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/2...-says-wario-is-going-to-be-in-smash-bros-3ds/

Wario had a section in the 3DS eShop, and one of the games listed under his name (as a game he's appeared in) was Smash 3DS. Of course, they took it down pretty quick, but everything lives on on the internet. Not that he isn't a guarantee anyway, what with his franchise icon being used for Waluigi and Ashley's assist trophies, and being fairly popular as is.

Now if only we could have a character slip up but with Mewtwo...
ow you mean as in that promotion where they had like all the megaman games and that on sale because of the new characters in the game?

Offtopic: Why does Zero Suit Samus have a bikini?
ikr and everyone said ZSS new design was already sexist?

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
No need to cross, making yourselves anticipate something that appears of nothing is just digging your hole of worry. Take it easy & keep loving Mewtwo.
Zamus' attire is from her games, not bikini

Laniv

Smash Champion

This one...no. Not *bleeping* happening. Duck Hunt Dog? For real?
Most likely fake, considering:

Wario's face,
Doc, Lucina, and Dark Pit's placements,
The leaker claiming to be working for ESRB, when they don't playtest games,

just to name a few.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Guys? Jigglypuff is there. Mewtwo isn't. FAKE.
Yes, puffball is cut until Sakurai confirms otherwise, get over it.

Came up in the Ridley thread too. THIS IS A "LEAK," IT'S FAKE.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Most likely fake, considering:

Wario's face,
Doc, Lucina, and Dark Pit's placements,
The leaker claiming to be working for ESRB, when they don't playtest games,

just to name a few.
Surprised noone has brought up the most obivous....we already know what the slection screen looks like, and itsn othing like that :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Oh that's fake.

Falco, Ganondorf, Wario, and Bowser Jr. look inconsistent among the rest of the cast. Plus, why would Dr. Mario come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom