• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Someone made a reasonable post on the Social thread:

"ESRB0083"

"B0083"

Tell me, what do your perverted minds read?

This *bleep* is laughing in our faces.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I'm hurt you didn't tag me to take a look, am I not eggpart of your Mewtwo Thread Posse? :yoshi2:

@ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer I won't lie, Mewtwo's concept picture in that really fake leak I posted, does look legit, as in cool to the max.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Alright. This thread didn't get assaulted. Very nice. I'll post the same thing I said in the Ridley forum.

There is at least one Newcomer video left. We should know the validity of this leak when that time comes. A few things in this seem sketchy, but you never know. No matter what your view is, you can't deny that photoshop exists and people go out of their way to create leaks. Just relax and put this leak to the back of your minds. Every serious leak is made to look convincing.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Both leaks are convincing but they both have things which make them fake.

Honestly the amount of fake leaks are to be expected this close to release date. I think @ Masonomace Masonomace 's leak looks better than the 4chan one which everyone is jumping on the gun with.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Long story short: If it doesn't come from Sack of Rice himself, dismiss it. It's exciting to think you've been made privy to "insider information," yes, but this is fake. Not Sakurai's word, not real, end of story.
Besides, how could anyone believe a leak that includes Jigglypuff? :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ok the first leak is confirmed fake.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69890707

This bodes well for Mewtwo. We still have hope!
Yeah, the design used for Ness has always been consistent, and matches up with the original portrayal of the character. It would be rather odd of them to suddenly change that after that much attention to detail was given to him in previous installments, and considering how much attention to detail is put into every bit of this installment of Smash. However, it does seem like the kind of detail a leaker might just miss.

I feel less concerned about this leak now.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Yeah, the design used for Ness has always been consistent, and matches up with the original portrayal of the character. It would be rather odd of them to suddenly change that after that much attention to detail was given to him in previous installments, and considering how much attention to detail is put into every bit of this installment of Smash. However, it does seem like the kind of detail a leaker might just miss.

I feel less concerned about this leak now.
After I saw the leak and gave it a decent look over I personally thought, "For **** sake. Really Sakurai? You left him out again?" but now Im relieved and still clinging on for Mewtwo's glorious return.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
If FREAKING Dark Pit gets in over Mewtwo.... I am done. **** this game. If Mewtwo isn't an all star, but DARK ****ING PIT is, then screw Sakurai and get another director for the next game.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Both leaks are convincing but they both have things which make them fake.

Honestly the amount of fake leaks are to be expected this close to release date. I think @ Masonomace Masonomace 's leak looks better than the 4chan one which everyone is jumping on the gun with.
Just to clarify, it's not my leak, it's just a leak that I posted.:scared:
how did you get those icons under your post that have sceptile and Galacta Knight
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-signature-icons-thread-last-update-12-02-2014.336081/

Morbi

Scavenger
If FREAKING Dark Pit gets in over Mewtwo.... I am done. **** this game. If Mewtwo isn't an all star, but DARK ****ING PIT is, then screw Sakurai and get another director for the next game.
As a supporter of both Dark Pit and Mewtwo, I cannot help but agree to an extent. I do not believe that it will come down to that; however. They are different characters entirely. Mewtwo is a completely unique character, Dark Pit is presumably a clone. Honestly, I would be more aggravated at Dr. Mario as he is another Melee veteran. So the correlation is more apparent.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Dark Pit & Mewtwo are completely different characters from completely different franchises. . .Let's not attack Dark Pit for the hypothetical aftermath Mewtwo not making the cut.

That said Mewtwo & Dark Pit for Sm4sh.:shades:

Last edited:

Mewter

Smash Master
Oh man, what a wonderful nap! I'll just go check Smashboards to see if-

No.

NO.

Duck Hunt what is this fhshurnduchdjdkicjrjmdkciufjrmD djididkkjnvsknvdsjifdhskjdfhsdhfisoyvdhsoiddc

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Oh man, what a wonderful nap! I'll just go check Smashboards to see if-

No.

NO.

Duck Hunt what is this fhshurnduchdjdkicjrjmdkciufjrmD djididkkjnvsknvdsjifdhskjdfhsdhfisoyvdhsoiddc
Im currently in class and when I saw the link I must have looked shocked or angry because my mate next to me asked what's wrong. Man I was so pissed off when I saw it.

Steelia

Smash Champion

This one...no. Not *bleeping* happening. Duck Hunt Dog? For real?

I gotta admit, that's one awesome looking fake. I love how Doc was included. To be fair~ even if it were real, it doesn't look like all the chars are unlocked. That 2nd to last row, and even the bottom one, look like they could fit a few more.

In any case, I'm not letting it rustle my jimmies. GIVE ME MEWTWO OR GIVE ME DEATH

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
As a supporter of both Dark Pit and Mewtwo, I cannot help but agree to an extent. I do not believe that it will come down to that; however. They are different characters entirely. Mewtwo is a completely unique character, Dark Pit is presumably a clone. Honestly, I would be more aggravated at Dr. Mario as he is another Melee veteran. So the correlation is more apparent.
What really bothers me about this "leak" is that it introduces another, presumably unique, Mario newcomer in the form of Bowser Jr, and brings back Dr. Mario as a clone, yet does not return Mewtwo, a unique veteran that is currently one of the most requested characters in the world. I am honestly quite baffled by the thought that they would not include Mewtwo after including another Mario newcomer and returning a cut character from Melee. What reason could they have for excluding him?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
What really bothers me about this "leak" is that it introduces another, presumably unique, Mario newcomer in the form of Bowser Jr, and brings back Dr. Mario as a clone, yet does not return Mewtwo, a unique veteran that is currently one of the most requested characters in the world. I am honestly quite baffled by the thought that they would not include Mewtwo after including another Mario newcomer and returning a cut character from Melee. What reason could they have for excluding him?
Ignorance. Or they're trying to stray away from the expected to garner some pseudo-validity.

Last edited:

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
Oh all these leaks...gonna be a hard final month. All I hope is that Mewtwo (and Ridley) are revealed before release so we don't have to dig through 47393738293747292749274927492749274 fake pictures after the game comes out just to see their fate.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
that leak says lucas, snake, ice climbers, wolf, and some jabroni music boys are DLC/unlockable

it sucks that a good looking leak has never had mewtwo in it. god damnit

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I saw the Mewtwo support symbol in the sky @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , is it urgent?

Oh... was that all?

But I was going to make a batch of deviled eggs. . .for Mewtwo:troll:. I thought they'd suit him
:mewtwopm:: Mere humans' cooking. . .what's this? NOM NOM
:snake::Tasty
:mewtwopm:: Eggcelent
I know how snake will be reveald now.

It'llbe a dark room after the Mewtwo trailer, you'll here a slight sizzle in the background.

There will be a ding You'll here snake say "Its show time"

Snakes victory theme plays. there will be a door which snake kicks down. he enters the room with a frying pan full of eggs and a aprin and a chef hat on.

Snake ill say "kept you waiting huh?"

Snake the chef bakes on!
Wow...this Is a magical place... in my mind I had a moment of "Welcome to the warpzone!"

Luxario...luxury...formal suit Lucario confirmed :troll:

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Even if it were real, there's a lot of dead space and many characters are organized oddly. I'd say it wasn't a fully unlocked roster.

that leak says lucas, snake, ice climbers, wolf, and some jabroni music boys are DLC/unlockable

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Ok....

This is scary good....but I hope to god it's fake...Mewtwo fans, Ridley fans and King K Rool fans would basically all be getting the big "F-BOMB" if this was real....
No...I can't believe Sakurai would play it out like this....especially since Dr. Mario is in there and NOT MEWTWO. Out of all the characters in Melee, Mewtwo deserves to return the most.
Bull...****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom