• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexRawr

Smash Rookie
So guys, if this leak is actually real (I dont think it is) then does this rule Mewtwo out?
No on Relax Alax's video he showed there's still open character slots and a game developer said that Dr Mario and Dark Pit are possible placeholders.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Guys. This is what's going-on.

"Why haven't they announced Mewtwo yet? Why aren't Dark Pit and Game & Watch confirmed on the site yet? Why haven't they shown-us a Dr.Mario costume alt in a pic-of-the-day yet?" Mewtwo is a character that has been in a game before. If anything, they're trying to work-on newer characters before they pick-up and revise older ones ("old" as-in the Melee characters). I'm fairly certain Mewtwo will be in SSB4 at this point though. I mean, he was pretty much the first character "teased" for it. Sakurai said he was considering him sometime after the Villager, Wii Fit, and Mega Man trailer announcements, right? He knew how popular Mewtwo was at the beginning of game development.

Now, moving-on to Dark Pit and the lack of a Dr.Mario costume alt. While there probably isn't a Dr.Mario costume at all, if there IS, Sakurai has probably delayed showing it in a pic-of-the day for ONE reason: in case he runs-out of time. Several characters could still be under development at this time, even though we are close to the Japanese release date. If they run-out of time and are unable to finish the characters, they'll possibly be forced to make clones. This is where Dark Pit and Dr.Mario come-in. It would be much simpler to quickly throw-together a clone if they were unable to finish a character, which is why Dark Pit hasn't been confirmed as a stand-alone character and Dr.Mario hasn't been shown-off as a costume yet. This is why I believe these two characters were used in that "leak" that happened recently, because someone else used the same logic (or they were too lazy to throw-together more character pictures). If this leak is confirmed to be true, we might've lost Mewtwo forever, unless DLC is made for him. If that were his only option of being in the game, I'd take the DLC.

Game & Watch falls-under the last-second category as well. I mean...he's basically a still 2D image. Not that hard to make. He will probably still be in the game, but if any other characters can be completed, he could fall prey to the great subspace abyss...

Well...let's just hope this leak isn't true. A new character reveal soon would REALLY help deconfirm it.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Except it's not real unless Sack of Rye himself comes out and confirms it. Unless and until that happens, it's fake. Just... tighten your belt, or something. :facepalm:
The only thing I feel kind of good about is the fact that the original leaker posted a picture with all the characters in it (not the character select screen) and Mewtwo had a big ? over him while the other melee vets had X's.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
The only thing I feel kind of good about is the fact that the original leaker posted a picture with all the characters in it (not the character select screen) and Mewtwo had a big ? over him while the other melee vets had X's.
>leaker
>not Sakurai

It's fake. Full stop. If you don't see it on the OFFICIAL SITE, it's fake.

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
well todays PotD basically just 90% comfirmed the leak to be true that means mewtwo chances are left at 10% so we must be prepared for not having him in game, hope is almost gone but there is still a chance i guess.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
well todays PotD basically just 90% comfirmed the leak to be true that means mewtwo chances are left at 10% so we must be prepared for not having him in game, hope is almost gone but there is still a chance i guess.
HOW COULD GHIRAHIM DISCONFIRMATION MAKE THAT LEAK MORE BEVIABLE?!

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
during direct they showed 4 trophys that got 2 characters confirmed but ghirahims exclusion debuked that theory, making the leak more real than before.

and well i kinda wanted ghirahim playable too but at least he is in game and not just a trophy.

i really really hope mewtwo is still in though.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
during direct they showed 4 trophys that got 2 characters confirmed but ghirahims exclusion debuked that theory, making the leak more real than before.

and well i kinda wanted ghirahim playable too but at least he is in game and not just a trophy.

That was a fan theory. Like "POKEMON CAN'T HAVE MORE SLOT THAN MARIO!!1!!!1". Jusy because a theory is dead, doesn't mean that the leak is more true than before. Mewtwo has still the great chance that he always have. Don't worry, we just need to wait until Sakurai will confirm that Dark Pit is an Alt for Pit or Ice Climbers aren't DLC.

BTW I've never belived to that theory. IMO, the only tease was Pseudo Palutena.

Last edited:

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
That was a fan theory. Like "POKEMON CAN'T HAVE MORE SLOT THAN MARIO!!1!!!1". Jusy because a theory is dead, doesn't mean that the leak is more true than before. Mewtwo has still the great chance that he always have. Don't worry, we just need to wait until Sakurai will confirm that Dark Pit is an Alt for Pit or Ice Climbers aren't DLC.
i really hope so i hate that leak its soooooooooooooo, full of clones (ganondorf, lucina, dr mario, dark pit, toon link, falco, kinda luigi and i bet that hunt duck dog is an olimar clone too).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
That fan theory died the moment Brawl's character roster was confirmed 100%. 6 > 4.

And I swear upon all the festery in the world, if anyone says :diddy::dk2::warioc: & :yoshi2: are in the Mario series you're wrong to the max. They all have their own series in the Smash Brothers roster.

So again, More Pokemon > Mario can happen.

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie

This is a picture the original leaker posted. Mewtwo is far from disconfirmed if this leak is true.
for me this one makes sense, since brawl had 6 pokemon reps and then they add 7 mario reps and cut 1 pokemon rep seems a wierd move to me honestly.

and well this kinda stays true to the 6 pokemon reps brawl had before hope this is real in this shape.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ghirahim's de-confirm to AT status helps the leak, but only by a little. More de-confirms must take place in order to make this leak more solidified, like Mewtwo as a pokeball

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
WHAT ABOUT IT IS GOOD?!?!?!....NOTHING!

LEAKERS BE LIKE:
The original renders look pretty good. The way the leaker has gotten different angles for stages we have only seen one angle from is cool. Also the tomadachi life image that was released 24 hours after the leak came out is pretty damming.

Most of the errors in the leak have already been debunked and it's looking to be real.

Also, goddamn I hate Super Natural.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If anything the leak should help you guys.

It means Mario is getting seven characters.

People will no longer complain that Pokemon can't get six.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
If anything the leak should help you guys.

It means Mario is getting seven characters.

People will no longer complain that Pokemon can't get six.
I personally think the leak helps Mewtwo. Especially the way the original leaker had a ? over Mewtwo on his grid thingy of characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, Mewtwo is in a good position, I definitely consider him top priority for additional characters in the leak, 7 Mario characters and Dr. Mario being back gives Sakurai no excuse to not bring Mewtwo back aswell.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I decent-heartedly feel the leek is a dumb item to have on :083: anyway. Needs more Twistedspoon.
Grimers be like :mad088::GCLT::GCRT::GCA::GCStart:.
Mewtwo be like :mewtwopm: :disco:

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Man I used to like it but my sister has all the DVDs. You know when you see something so much it's feels like someone is sandpapering your balls every time it comes on? Thats what its like for me now.
That must hurt....you should get a ball washer...

I can see why the leak would be a pro for Mewtwo, but the leak is just unprofessional quality...

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
That's why I hope its fake in a way. I really like how Sakurai makes his games have amazing menus. The leak just looked ugly :/

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Also, one other detail against the leak, look at these pictures:

Now look back at the supposed "leak":

Notice something different?

The character's names aren't displayed on their respective slots. This is a detail that was present in every installment, even in the E3 Demo for the 3DS version. Hell it's even in the Wii U version:

Why would they take out such an important detail, especially one that was present in a previous version?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
The basic consensus is that the names are out because we can see them on the bottom screen which does make sense seeming as they had to for the entire roster on to the top screen somehow.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

The theory is still alive. The Groose may be loosed.

Or, you know, Impa.

Anyway, debunking a theory doesn't make a lie more true.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
The basic consensus is that the names are out because we can see them on the bottom screen which does make sense seeming as they had to for the entire roster on to the top screen somehow.
Then why do the character slots have names in the E3 Demo?
It wouldn't make any sense for them to cut out such an important yet barely noticeable detail from one version when the other version still had it.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Then why do the character slots have names in the E3 Demo?
It wouldn't make any sense for them to cut out such an important yet barely noticeable detail from one version when the other version still had it.
Plus, the roster's size would've never stopped them before, let alone the screen's size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom