• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Speaking of Zygarde, also btw thanks for the track keeping equilibrium @---
You guys think any Pokemon Snap 2 references via trophy, or perhaps Zygarde will be a Masterball Summon?!

It has to do with Mewtwo because he could be a trophy or a Summon, as well.:urg:

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
You guys think any Pokemon Snap 2 references via trophy, or perhaps Zygarde will be a Masterball Summon?!

It has to do with Mewtwo because he could be a trophy or a Summon, as well.:urg:
That would just be a troll

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Troll-worthy, but a hint of fitting. I'm in support of the double MEvo FS idea btw, as if updated signature didn't give that away:denzel:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
i 100% support mewtwo for smash 4 and he was my main on melee and really got disapointed to not se him on brawl :(

just wanna share a vid i found on youtube that i found hilarious.

I lost it at Charizard's dubbed "roar" at the end.

If Yveltal isn't a MB summon yet I don't see Zygarde getting it.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I have decent confidence in Yveltal being an addition. With a mechanic like Geomancy & it's added boosts, I'm prepared for the flip-side negative effect Yveltal would do when he's summoned.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have decent confidence in Yveltal being an addition. With a mechanic like Geomancy & it's added boosts, I'm prepared for the flip-side negative effect Yveltal would do when he's summoned.
Haha, no.

Yveltal would be Winging the Smashers into Oblivion.

HAHAHSEEWHATIDIDTHAR

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
At this point, I fully expect Mewtwo to be an unlockable character whom will only be revealed after the games release. I don't mind that, of course (Mewtwo in Melee was a total surprise to me and I loved it), but I wouldn't mind a reveal either.

I just think the former outcome is the most likely.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
eggspecting is fine:4yoshi:, I love them myself, but a Mewtwo fan that puts too much confidence into the likely outcome in the egg salad may taste that first bite & realize the eggs are rotten.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
eggspecting is fine:4yoshi:, I love them myself, but a Mewtwo fan that puts too much confidence into the likely outcome in the egg salad may taste that first bite & realize the eggs are rotten.
I'm with you there. When it comes to Smash Bros. (or anything really) my MO is hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
i 100% support mewtwo for smash 4 and he was my main on melee and really got disapointed to not se him on brawl :(

just wanna share a vid i found on youtube that i found hilarious.

Holy crap that was hilarious. I want mewtwo back just as much as charizard does hahaha

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I do want to point out that I was on the robin thread the day before the Monday reveal. Not a single person thought that robin would be the reveal that day, not one. I say due to experience that this pokemon announcement on the 26 has a great chance for a Mewtwo reveal. lite in the month so its close to the reveal and in a separate month then September so that they can still ride the hype train through it. My money is on that day having a reveal, lets just hope its Mewtwo.

Steelia

Smash Champion
what eshop leak?
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/2...-says-wario-is-going-to-be-in-smash-bros-3ds/

Wario had a section in the 3DS eShop, and one of the games listed under his name (as a game he's appeared in) was Smash 3DS. Of course, they took it down pretty quick, but everything lives on on the internet. Not that he isn't a guarantee anyway, what with his franchise icon being used for Waluigi and Ashley's assist trophies, and being fairly popular as is.

Now if only we could have a character slip up but with Mewtwo...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 Do you have said source of where it says Mewtwo's in the game? I'd like to know
Simple logic. Mewtwo is the highest requested character in the game. He has a unique moveset. He is still extremely relevant to the Pokémon franchise. He was intended for Brawl.

There is literally no reason to cut him. It would be a bad move for Nintendo to disappoint such a massive portion of their fan base for no reason.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 I've been aware of every reason within that logic & past sources mentioning his inclusion to be in every Smash Brothers game including Smash 64, but when you say he is in the game, I figured you had a new source to justify what you posted. Owell.

I'm sure he may be in the game, there's plenty going for him, but I won't outright say he's in the game. Substantial evidence-wise, it's 50/50.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ Masonomace Masonomace Sorry to disappoint. But I really think you all are being all worried for nothing. The requests for Mewtwo utterly dwarf every other character on the roster. They outstrip every newcomer (including ones already confirmed like Little Mac and Palutena). They dominate the request chart, and probably completely flooded Nintendo's contact services with cries of "put Mewtwo back" when Smash 4 was announced.

I don't see Nintendo letting that go. I don't think there is a thing to worry about. I think Mewtwo is being saved for the final reveal, a week before release (in EXACTLY the same fashion Ganondorf was in Hyrule Warriors). Build the utmost hype right before release. You haven't gotten word, and you aren't going to get word for another two weeks. But he's in.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 I'm quite decent-leveled on most things, including Smash Brothers. I'm fairly confident Mewtwo may be in the game as something, mostly a playable returning veteran, or maybe as something else. Hopefully with the 2 MEvo idea to go to town on Mewtwo's unique aspect shooting through the roof & building more hype than ever before in Smash, he'll finally return as he should of in Brawl.

I won't say I hope so, but here's to playing the "waiting to winning" game.:shades: Thanks for Posting~

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ Masonomace Masonomace He's not going to be a Pokéball, Assist Trophy, or Stage Pokémon. That would backlash so much. Nintendo hasn't demoted a character yet. To do so for their most heavily demanded would not sit well with fans. And Smash Bros. is a game for the fans.

Again, look at those characters we got in due to fan demand. Villager and Little Mac were solely driven by fan demand. Mewtwo has more. Palutena was, I believe, Japan's most requested newcomer (though Sakurai bias is a possibility). Mewtwo is more requested still.

I'm level headed, I just don't see any way we won't get Mewtwo. I just don't see it happening, at all.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
@ Masonomace Masonomace He's not going to be a Pokéball, Assist Trophy, or Stage Pokémon. That would backlash so much. Nintendo hasn't demoted a character yet. To do so for their most heavily demanded would not sit well with fans. And Smash Bros. is a game for the fans.

Again, look at those characters we got in due to fan demand. Villager and Little Mac were solely driven by fan demand. Mewtwo has more. Palutena was, I believe, Japan's most requested newcomer (though Sakurai bias is a possibility). Mewtwo is more requested still.

I'm level headed, I just don't see any way we won't get Mewtwo. I just don't see it happening, at all.
I agree.Mewtwo is in the game. It's just a matter of time before hes announced
( I don't think Sakurai likes to let down 50% of the smash community... I mean, search "Greninja reveal reaction" on Youtube)

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm back.

In hindsight Transformations / Switching opened up a lot of slots for Pokemon fighters to join their series. There's at most 3 open slots, & Mewtwo the first one demanded. I still don't put 100% in Mewtwo's return because of Sakurai's stated words of the likely chance not every character's coming back. This mostly pertains to Jigglypuff Lucas & other characters like IceClimbers more, but it's definitely veteran fighters who are in the red, including Mewtwo, but his demand & popularity is undeniable so he's more safe than the rest.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Such unwavering confidence is uplifting, and rather contagious. To play devil's advocate, Sakurai is a man of many surprises... Mewtwo not making the roster is one such surprise I'd rather not be unprepared for again.

After E3 2014, I've always figured Mewtwo would be one of those "best for last" kind of reveals (as you mention, like Ganondorf's much-anticipated reveal for Hyrule Warriors). It's not the wait that worries me. It's that feeling of disappointment, that impossibility that became reality when he was shafted for SSBB. If you'd asked me during SSBB's development if I thought Mewtwo would return, I'd've been kicking back in my chair, totally relaxed, just waiting for the good news.

It would be absolutely crazy for Sakurai and co. not to add him, especially after such backlash from fans and even gaming news outlets. But that possibility still exists. Seriously... can't wait till we see the full roster so that this can end.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm with you there. When it comes to Smash Bros. (or anything really) my MO is hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 Even thought your points are nothing short of valid, I'm still on the edge of my seat here. I kind of share the same little things as @ Masonomace Masonomace on this one, despite being wholly confident of Mewtwo's return. It's just that "very close to release and nothing yet" pressure.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I say due to experience that this pokemon announcement on the 26 has a great chance for a Mewtwo reveal..
There's going to be a Pokemon announcement on the 26th? If you're saying that Sakurai likes to reveal things when nobody would expect it, then by your logic we will see nothing that day as long as we anticipate a reveal.

Simple logic. Mewtwo is the highest requested character in the game. He has a unique moveset. He is still extremely relevant to the Pokémon franchise. He was intended for Brawl.

There is literally no reason to cut him. It would be a bad move for Nintendo to disappoint such a massive portion of their fan base for no reason.
While I agree that the evidence for Mewtwo's inclusion is overwhelming, I must warn you that smug sureness over something you have no real control over is hubris. It is not so much a positive outlook as a sterile one. The more you assure yourself that your convictions are impenetrable the more your emotional stakes on the situation will rise day after day, and each unclear omen will become progressively more frightening. You might feel a pang of doubt in spite of yourself, a voracious fear that the impossible could happen, creeping low at the bottom of your heart like a dark reflection of all your evidence. It is bad for the soul.

But this is coming from someone whose stakes are so high that he will probably leave the online Smash community in shame if Mewtwo is not playable.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
SmashBoards didn't even notify me of Liquidfgc tagging me. . . Thanks Mewtwo Thread. SmashBoards:ohwell:

Edit: woopy's reply to the thread is what I got. Woopy > Liquid apparently. :shades:

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
While I am a Mewtwo supporter 100%. I still have many doubts in my mind when it comes to his inclusion in the game but I believed they are totally justified. When Brawl was to be released and no Mewtwo had been announced everyone would say yeah don't worry he is in. Look what happened there. Basically I am trying to stop my self being so utterly disappointed like I was when Brawl came out.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer Eggsactly:4yoshi:. Anything can go sour in mid-development for whatever wavering reason or issue, like time restraints, Mewtwo's most formidable foe. That's why it's never a 100% shoe-in guarantee. Not every veteran from past Smash Brothers will return either. Look at all these:
:drmario::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::falco::ganondorf::popo::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucas::gw::ness2::pt::rob::snake::squirtle::warioc::wolf:

Remove every melee but Mewtwo of their own slot in Sm4sh, & you're still left with 14 Brawl fighters, 13 if you're not counting Red aka PTrainer. All 13 being returning fighters would be fantastic, yet Sakurai has warned us we may not get every single veteran from the past. So every veteran unconfirmed, is in the warning zone.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
@ SaucyDancer SaucyDancer Eggsactly:4yoshi:. Anything can go sour in mid-development for whatever wavering reason or issue, like time restraints, Mewtwo's most formidable foe. That's why it's never a 100% shoe-in guarantee. Not every veteran from past Smash Brothers will return either. Look at all these:
:drmario::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::falco::ganondorf::popo::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucas::gw::ness2::pt::rob::snake::squirtle::warioc::wolf:

Remove every melee but Mewtwo of their own slot in Sm4sh, & you're still left with 14 Brawl fighters, 13 if you're not counting Red aka PTrainer. All 13 being returning fighters would be fantastic, yet Sakurai has warned us we may not get every single veteran from the past. So every veteran unconfirmed, is in the warning zone.

If I were Sakurai I would cut Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, all the Melee characters barring Mewtwo, and Lucas. The rest could come back with one more newcomer.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Dragoncharystary Dragoncharystary that's a decent if not good decision to make for the good of roster limiting. But we don't know how many more newcomers will join the fray either. Your number being 10 was a good move, it may go around there.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Im guessing we will get 2-4 more newcomers. With 2 of them being announced in trailers soon and 2 that are hidden characters.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
If I were Sakurai I would cut Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, all the Melee characters barring Mewtwo, and Lucas. The rest could come back with one more newcomer.
To be completely honest, if I had to bet on it, I'd guess that:

Returning:
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Ness
Mr Game & Watch
Rob
Wario
Mewtwo
Falco
Wolf
Snake
Ganondorf

37 are currently in (39 with the 3 Miis seperate), add the 12 returning characters and we have 49. Beyond this at a guess we'll see:

Shulk
Ridley
King K Rool
+2 other surprises

Which comes to 52 all up. 4×14 and 7×8 both come to 56, take the one for the random slot and 55 and 53 would fit both the Wii U and 3DS screen quite nicely, although I severely doubt that such things had any effect on selection, but it's as good a reason to guess at a figure, and that all seems to hit about that pretty well.

I'd be delighted with such a roster, but of course you can't predict what they're going to do, and none of those newcomers mentioned are a given, and Mewtwo and Snake are very much up in the air. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks though. 15-17 characters to be confirmed at this point seems a lot, particularly 5 newcomers, but it's worth noting that some of those that will generate hype within the community, but notably aren't likely to be huge for the early advertising (i.e. the likes of Sonic, Charizard, Mega Man, Rosalina etc.) are the ones that are still being debated. The likes of Snake, Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool and Shulk, ones that many would question whether they're in, or even could be in or not.

Imagine how much of a reaction a trailer revealing Ridley, K Rool, Mewtwo and sneaking Snake in the end would have. Won't happen, but would be interesting.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Why does everybody put them 3 on the Chopping Block? Can you give me a reason why you want them 3 to be cut?

CharizardY

Smash Rookie
Squirtle and Ivysaur have no reason to be in the game, especially with transformations cut.
Snake is a third party character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom