• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Not possible. Brawl wasn't out then. If you mean to say that Sakurai admitted to this, source please. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Mewtwo was cut due to time constraints involving this guy :sonic:. There is no reason that his moveset would cause glitches so bad it would force his removal. That makes no sense.
dont have sorce but came from nintendo rep and both sonic snd sse also played a part to

D

Deleted member

dont have sorce but came from nintendo rep and both sonic snd sse also played a part to
You can't source it, so it's probably false. The facts regarding Mewtwo are this;
  • Mewtwo has unused data on the disc, significantly moreso than any other cut character.
  • Sonic was added midway through development due to fan demand.
  • Due to Sonic being added, development had to be shifted toward him, with other lower priority characters being cut.
Again; Mewtwo being cut due to "glitches" is simply unbelievable. A less powerful system could handle him fine. Modding the game to replicate the functionality of his moves/physics works without bugs. It just simply makes no sense.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
You can't source it, so it's probably false. The facts regarding Mewtwo are this;
  • Mewtwo has unused data on the disc, significantly moreso than any other cut character.
  • Sonic was added midway through development due to fan demand.
  • Due to Sonic being added, development had to be shifted toward him, with other lower priority characters being cut.
Again; Mewtwo being cut due to "glitches" is simply unbelievable. A less powerful system could handle him fine. Modding the game to replicate the functionality of his moves/physics works without bugs. It just simply makes no sense.
i pretty sure it was talked about on the thread here but yeah i agree with you about it

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Just to clarify what I meant about the 'dark and brooding' comment...I didn't mean it as a bad thing necessarily. I just think that Pokemon represent two things with their characters - the fierce/strong looking types (i.e. Lucario, Charizard, Mewtwo), and the cutesy ones (i.e. Pikachu, Jigglypuff). Obviously the fierce/strong ones are more suited for a fighting game, but I'd still like Jiggs in there just to even out the ratio a bit more. Pokemon is more than just fierce battling, and Jigglypuff kind of represents that.

I love Mewtwo as well and hope they both make it in. But I think she represents something more unique, as Mewtwo is quite similar to Lucario, who is already in the game.
The Mewtwo and Lucario are similar argument has, and will always make no sense. Really. The only things they really have in common are their neutral B and forward smash (if I remember correctly).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
AuraBoost% is pretty busted when you think about it. Lucario's AS succeeded SB as well. Mewtwo's gotta step it up.:sonic: Which he can ofc implying the many developing teams are working hard for him.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Still think Shadow Ball should get replaced with like, projectile Psycho Cut. Just to make him more unique.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
When is Mewtwo getting announced?
Were only 3 weeks away from the Japanese release and even then a lot of people get the games a week early.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
That could work....then again, Shadow Ball is something that people think of when it comes to Mewtwo.
Right. Is that just because of the movie? I just think Mewtwo has a lot of moves (some newer like Psystrike and Psycho Cut, or classic Psychic, Swift, Recover, and Safe Guard) that could be implimented. I like Shadow Ball, I just think Pokemon as a whole has much more diversity to offer and I think it would be distasteful if Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja, and potentially Sceptile (with Energy Ball, which I hope s/he wouldn't have lol) had such similar standard specials.

I guess I'm curious; if Mewtwo is back, do people generally think s/he'll have the same moveset or get a few updates?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Right. Is that just because of the movie? I just think Mewtwo has a lot of moves (some newer like Psystrike and Psycho Cut, or classic Psychic, Swift, Recover, and Safe Guard) that could be implimented. I like Shadow Ball, I just think Pokemon as a whole has much more diversity to offer and I think it would be distasteful if Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja, and potentially Sceptile (with Energy Ball, which I hope s/he wouldn't have lol) had such similar standard specials.

I guess I'm curious; if Mewtwo is back, do people generally think s/he'll have the same moveset or get a few updates?
We both think and want him/her to be revamped. I believe Psycho Cut/Swift could be a >B attack, while Psychic/Recover/Safeguard could be vB. Save Psystrike for the Final Smash.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman

I hope for updates but shadow ball doesn't bother me, it fits mewtwo pretty well and is a legit move to use on him. But I'd like to see psystrike, either as a special or possibly his forward smash. Smash attacks seem to be branching out more in this game with long range ones etc

Imagine the attack hitting mid range but not hitting right in front of him

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
No. It's unknown why Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl, though it likely has to do with time constraints due to a certain blue hedgehog being added halfway through development. Having him be removed due to "glitching" makes no sense. If he was able to function on the Gamecube (a less powerful system) then he would have been able to function in Brawl.

I was referring to Mewtwo having crippling flaws in Melee that prevented him from becoming an effective character.
Sorry yeah I meant Melee.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ SmashBroski SmashBroski those codecs you asked for. Everyone else, enjoy as well.

*codec*

Snake: Colonel, what's this bipedal cat thing?
Campbell: That is Mewtwo, snake.
Snake: Mewtwo? What kind of name is that?
Campbell: Mewtwo is a genetically cloned Pokémon, created by Team Rocket from Mew's DNA, meant to be the strongest of it's species.
Snake: And did they succeed?
Campbell: For years, it had that title. Nowadays it has some competition from Arceus, the Pokemon god. That doesn't mean it's weak, however. It's psychic powers outperform any modern weaponry you have.
Snake: It can't be that strong.
Campbell: Just watch yourself, Snake.

*end*

*codec*

Snake: Otacon! What is this thing? Is it a Pokemon?
Otacon: That's Mewtwo, Snake. It's a genetically cloned Pokemon, cloned from Mew to be the most powerful of it's species.
Snake: Genetics...great.
Otacon: That's not all, either. It had human DNA inserted into it, so it can speak through telepathy.
Snake: Telepathy? How long until it takes over the world with it's abilities?
Otacon: It can't do it by itself, Snake. It'd need a whole army of clones to even have a remote chance.
Snake: Liquid and Solidus came close to doing so and didn't need armies, Otacon.
Otacon: ...Uh...you just be careful.

*end*

*codec*

Snake: Mei Ling, what Pokemon is this?
Mei Ling: It's Mewtwo, Snake. It was genetically cloned to serve Team Rocket for their own selfish goals.
Snake: Genetic cloning...I think I'd sympathize with him.
Mei Ling: It isn't one to feel emotion, Snake. It just wants to fight it's opponents.
Snake: Can it even talk?
Mei Ling: Through telepathy, it can. But don't try it.
Snake: We're both genetic freaks, Mei. I'd rather fall trying.
Mei Ling: *giggles* Someone's got a soft side.
Snake: ...

*end*

*jarred intro*

Snake: Hey! What's going on here?!
*distorted image*
Mewtwo: Human.
Snake: What! What are you and why are you here?
Mewtwo: I am Mewtwo. Strongest of all Pokemon. Subject to the genetic cloning torture you human scientists used me for.
Snake: Genetics...I can sympathize. My brothers and me were genetic clones as well.
Mewtwo: Do not pity me, human. You're no better than them.
Snake: We're more alike than you or I'd like to admit.
Mewtwo: ...worry about yourself.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also, if Mewtwo gets a trailer, this should play during it
Because clearly I want to hear Mewtwo and some other Pokemon and XY sounds while it gets revealed.

They should just remix The Birth Of Mewtwo like PM did: SOMETHING IS WRONG WHEN A MOD TEAM DOES IT BETTER THAN THE CREATOR

Or do it like Origins:

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Because clearly I want to hear Mewtwo and some other Pokemon and XY sounds while it gets revealed.

They should just remix The Birth Of Mewtwo like PM did: SOMETHING IS WRONG WHEN A MOD TEAM DOES IT BETTER THAN THE CREATOR

That trailer created so much hype, oh mah gawd. Good times.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860

Or do it like Origins:

Origins. Yas.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ SmashBroski SmashBroski those codecs you asked for. Everyone else, enjoy as well.

*codec*

Snake: Colonel, what's this bipedal cat thing?
Campbell: That is Mewtwo, snake.
Snake: Mewtwo? What kind of name is that?
Campbell: Mewtwo is a genetically cloned Pokémon, created by Team Rocket from Mew's DNA, meant to be the strongest of it's species.
Snake: And did they succeed?
Campbell: For years, it had that title. Nowadays it has some competition from Arceus, the Pokemon god. That doesn't mean it's weak, however. It's psychic powers outperform any modern weaponry you have.
Snake: It can't be that strong.
Campbell: Just watch yourself, Snake.

*end*

*codec*

Snake: Otacon! What is this thing? Is it a Pokemon?
Otacon: That's Mewtwo, Snake. It's a genetically cloned Pokemon, cloned from Mew to be the most powerful of it's species.
Snake: Genetics...great.
Otacon: That's not all, either. It had human DNA inserted into it, so it can speak through telepathy.
Snake: Telepathy? How long until it takes over the world with it's abilities?
Otacon: It can't do it by itself, Snake. It'd need a whole army of clones to even have a remote chance.
Snake: Liquid and Solidus came close to doing so and didn't need armies, Otacon.
Otacon: ...Uh...you just be careful.

*end*

*codec*

Snake: Mei Ling, what Pokemon is this?
Mei Ling: It's Mewtwo, Snake. It was genetically cloned to serve Team Rocket for their own selfish goals.
Snake: Genetic cloning...I think I'd sympathize with him.
Mei Ling: It isn't one to feel emotion, Snake. It just wants to fight it's opponents.
Snake: Can it even talk?
Mei Ling: Through telepathy, it can. But don't try it.
Snake: We're both genetic freaks, Mei. I'd rather fall trying.
Mei Ling: *giggles* Someone's got a soft side.
Snake: ...

*end*

*jarred intro*

Snake: Hey! What's going on here?!
*distorted image*
Mewtwo: Human.
Snake: What! What are you and why are you here?
Mewtwo: I am Mewtwo. Strongest of all Pokemon. Subject to the genetic cloning torture you human scientists used me for.
Snake: Genetics...I can sympathize. My brothers and me were genetic clones as well.
Mewtwo: Do not pity me, human. You're no better than them.
Snake: We're more alike than you or I'd like to admit.
Mewtwo: ...worry about yourself.
Snake: Otacon. There some Feline type creature here. It's really giving me the creeps.
Naomi: That's Mewtwo Snake. You two share alot of Genetic Similarities.
Snake: NAOMI.. I thought you were Arrested after Shadow Moses.
Naomi: That's not important right now. That's Pokémon #151 it the strongest Pokémon there is. It's a clone of Mew. It's Superior to it's counterpart Mew.
Snake: Has the Les Enfant Terrible Project really came this far.
Naomi: Uh. No it was cloned a different way.
Snake: They only made one clone right?
Naomi: As far as I am aware yes.
Snake: Good. We don't need 3 clones of one thing running around. I've dealt with something like this before I think I'll manage.
Naomi: Snake. Just come back in one peace.
Snake: Don't worry.
*End Transmission*

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Tonight? I'm really hoping for a new character, or a direct announcement. It would so awesome if he surprised us and gave us Mewtwo....
I don't think we'll get a reveal this week. Due to time being tight and the Japanese release, they're going to have to reveal all their characters. And I think they want to wait as long as possible for that.
I think the reveal will have
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ness
Wario
Ice climbers
Jigglypuff.
And maybe JUST MAYBE Ridley. Just maybe.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we'll get a reveal this week. Due to time being tight and the Japanese release, they're going to have to reveal all their characters. And I think they want to wait as long as possible for that.
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ness
Wario
Ice climbers
Jigglypuff.
I'm not a Ridley hater, but I seriously don't see why people still think he's got a chance at being playable...Sakurai all but flat out said he's a stage boss...which IMO strengthens his chances for playability in the "next" smash, but dooms him to boss status in this iteration.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ness
Wario
Ice climbers
Jigglypuff.
Mewtwo- PLEASE
Ganondorf- Shoe in.
Ness- Idc
Wario- eShop leak, shoe in.
Ice climbers- high risk of cutting
Jigglypuff- PLEASE BOOT HER ALREADY

And please include Sylux already C:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom