• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
While the points in favor for Mewtwo look good. The real-time proof that Mewtwo is in the game at all doesn't bode well for him. Sakurai stated in a PotDquote for all the pokemon that was in the :4charizard: / :4greninja: trailer will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros., & Mewtwo wasn't in that.
Meloetta wasn't in it either, so I don't understand why you'd think it doesn't bode well. Sakuari said that some Pokemon that didn't appear in the trailer were in the game from what I remember.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Meloetta wasn't in it either, so I don't understand why you'd think it doesn't bode well. Sakuari said that some Pokemon that didn't appear in the trailer were in the game from what I remember.
Apparently Meoletta did appear in the trailer. The PotD relating to Meoletta was just a translation error. Either way. Your point still stands. Considering all the other pokemon in Sm4sh that did not appear in said trailer.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Melotta wasn't in it either, so I don't understand why you'd think it doesn't bode well. Sakuari said that some Pokemon that didn't appear in the trailer were in the game from what I remember.
Yes, Meloetta was.

Pause at 0:19, between Deoxys and Keldeo.

However, Milotic was not, nor were Reshiram or Zekrom. All of whom are confirmed stage Pokémon.

Sakurai NEVER stated (or implied) that "only Pokémon that appear in the trailer will appear in the game". He said "every Pokémon that does appear in the trailer will appear in the game". That does not mean there can't be other Pokémon that aren't in the trailer, but are still in the game.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine He could of planned that trailer to have pokeballs thrown from the sky to land & show appearing pokemon, confirming the summons for us, & then have Mewtwo appear in the BG cleverly hidden or something to at least hint he's in the game at all. @MEWTWOMASTER2002 Then again Abomosnow wasn't revealed either & he's confirmed summon so fair point. Finally Zoroark was in the trailer but wasn't announced confirm as a summon. 'Tis a mixed bag like @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed said. @ Metros Metros she did appear in the trailer, i reviewed the trailer 60+ times for anything I could make out.

Overall I'm still a bit worried for Mewtwo. If Charizard's Mega EVo gets shown but Mewtwo doesn't get a single split moment of anything? Still unsure about it all

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Overall I'm still a bit worried for Mewtwo. If Charizard's Mega EVo gets shown but Mewtwo doesn't get a single split moment of anything? Still unsure about it all
It's understandable to be unsure. This is Sakurai.

But as my compiled post states, he was supposed to be in every Smash game and he has more reason to be in Sm4sh rather than Brawl or even Melee.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Yes, Meloetta was.

However, Milotic was not, nor were Reshiram or Zekrom. All of whom are confirmed stage Pokémon.

Sakurai NEVER stated (or implied) that "only Pokémon that appear in the trailer will appear in the game". He said "every Pokémon that does appear in the trailer will appear in the game". That does not mean there can't be other Pokémon that aren't in the trailer, but are still in the game.
Ah. I must have missed that. I just saw Meloetta in the PotD and remembered that caption Sakurai wrote.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine
undoubtedly true. I just wish he hinted something. . .Ridley is one of the big 3, getting some kind of hint while Mewtwo gets nothing up 'till now.

I'm glad for all the replies. Gets the people goin'!

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Greninja's darkened form during those few seconds also seemed to have the skin tone of Mewtwo's greyish body.

I won't get too mad if Mewtwo is disconfirmed tomorrow, because I know that this thread will feel the pain that I do and on the inside I'll smile knowing that. In the event that he is confirmed tomorrow (or Monday more likely) I'll be way more hype then I ever did before, because I know that this thread will be just if hyped if not more.
Why would we get any news regarding Mewtwo tomorrow or Monday?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
We are not going to get any confirmations or disconfirmations on Sunday.

I'm guessing the next character announcement will be during a general Nintendo Direct that we get this month.

I still don't think Mewtwo is going to be announced until right before release.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ woopyfrood woopyfrood because thereallucario is therealsakurai:troll:

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 well said, unless he's therealsakurai.
All of these dates are getting to me. Ness may get something in a week & 4 days. Apparently August is a good month for Metroid so there's a Ridley specualtion on that. This anticipation:shades:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

All of these dates are getting to me. Ness may get something in a week & 4 days. Apparently August is a good month for Metroid so there's a Ridley specualtion on that. This anticipation:shades:
Still expecting Ridley to be the final newcomer trailer. Ridley and Mewtwo are the two most requested characters for Smash Bros. Putting them together for the final trailer makes sense. And it gives Mewtwo somebody to tag along with, since he's technically a veteran and might not be trailer eligible alone. So I think everyone hoping for Ridley this month is just more wishful thinking.

I can definitely see Ness during this month's Nintendo Direct, though. Hopefully as part of an "RPG Character Trailer" that announces Isaac (Shulk can tag along as long as Isaac is there).

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Still expecting Ridley to be the final newcomer trailer. Ridley and Mewtwo are the two most requested characters for Smash Bros. Putting them together for the final trailer makes sense. And it gives Mewtwo somebody to tag along with, since he's technically a veteran and might not be trailer eligible alone. So I think everyone hoping for Ridley this month is just more wishful thinking.

I can definitely see Ness during this month's Nintendo Direct, though. Hopefully as part of an "RPG Character Trailer" that announces Isaac (Shulk can tag along as long as Isaac is there).
#LastStretchHype

Seriously. As I mentioned before, this time period until release is very significant in so many ways.

Much hype inbound.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

DARNED ALERT SYSTEM GODDAMNIT

Whats so special about August?

inb4 rundas or sylux

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Don't take it from me, but I was told & looked up the dates myself, that Metroid had at least 4+ games released in Japan within the month that is August. At least 4.

I told the person who posted it to me I was going to anticipate a reveal EVERY DAY OF AUGUST OMG RUNDAS HYPE.

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Just to clarify what I meant about the 'dark and brooding' comment...I didn't mean it as a bad thing necessarily. I just think that Pokemon represent two things with their characters - the fierce/strong looking types (i.e. Lucario, Charizard, Mewtwo), and the cutesy ones (i.e. Pikachu, Jigglypuff). Obviously the fierce/strong ones are more suited for a fighting game, but I'd still like Jiggs in there just to even out the ratio a bit more. Pokemon is more than just fierce battling, and Jigglypuff kind of represents that.

I love Mewtwo as well and hope they both make it in. But I think she represents something more unique, as Mewtwo is quite similar to Lucario, who is already in the game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Don't take it from me, but I was told & looked up the dates myself, that Metroid had at least 4+ games released in Japan within the month that is August. At least 4.

I told the person who posted it to me I was going to anticipate a reveal EVERY DAY OF AUGUST OMG RUNDAS HYPE.
Rids should be shown as a boss this august then :troll:

Looks like Ridley supporters are taking cues from us :troll:

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WOULD EXPLODE IF SYLUX OR RUNDAS MADE IT OVER RIDLEY

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
nuffin muffin you stay bakin',

what doesn't kill you grows you larger!. . .

Mewtwo topic: How many darkness-based moves do you wonder Mewtwo have in his move-set?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
His tail is now evil. Specifically.

There, now all of his moves are dark.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm curious how Sakurai would change Mewtwo since they had problems with him in Brawl. I hope his moves mainly stay the same besides maybe tweaking some of his specials.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Just to clarify what I meant about the 'dark and brooding' comment...I didn't mean it as a bad thing necessarily. I just think that Pokemon represent two things with their characters - the fierce/strong looking types (i.e. Lucario, Charizard, Mewtwo), and the cutesy ones (i.e. Pikachu, Jigglypuff). Obviously the fierce/strong ones are more suited for a fighting game, but I'd still like Jiggs in there just to even out the ratio a bit more. Pokemon is more than just fierce battling, and Jigglypuff kind of represents that.

I love Mewtwo as well and hope they both make it in. But I think she represents something more unique, as Mewtwo is quite similar to Lucario, who is already in the game.
mewtwo and lucario are as similar as ridley and mario not much at all

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
They found me out.... ABORT THE PLAN REGGIE!

Please, none of that "CUTE COOL" bull****, it has NEVER mattered before, it will not start mattering now.
I would love to hear more. Ofc in private messages to me or @ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine .
How do I Private chat?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Hey, I'm starting to see people loosing hope around here.
We're on the last month guys, your hopes should be at its highest right now! Come on now, Sakurai delayed SSBB just to put Sonic in on the fan's request....there's no reason in the world to worry about Mewtwo at this point. We just need to be patient and have some faith in Sakurai to pull through yet again.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

Hey, I'm starting to see people loosing hope around here.
We're on the last month guys, your hopes should be at its highest right now! Come on now, Sakurai delayed SSBB just to put Sonic in on the fan's request....there's no reason in the world to worry about Mewtwo at this point. We just need to be patient and have some faith in Sakurai to pull through yet again.
hey i think i found someone who makes a lot more sence here

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the reason mewtwo was in brawl was becuse he glitched and sse
No. It's unknown why Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl, though it likely has to do with time constraints due to a certain blue hedgehog being added halfway through development. Having him be removed due to "glitching" makes no sense. If he was able to function on the Gamecube (a less powerful system) then he would have been able to function in Brawl.

I was referring to Mewtwo having crippling flaws in Melee that prevented him from becoming an effective character.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
No. It's unknown why Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl, though it likely has to do with time constraints due to a certain blue hedgehog being added halfway through development. Having him be removed due to "glitching" makes no sense. If he was able to function on the Gamecube (a less powerful system) then he would have been able to function in Brawl.

I was referring to Mewtwo having crippling flaws in Melee that prevented him from becoming an effective character.
actualy we found out that around early 2007 mewtwo had many glitches while trying to fix his moveset for brawl

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Please keep the support for Mewtwo going guys, that's all I ask. I can't stand the idea of losing it after all this time, especially since there's no reason not to believe as of yet.

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
I do believe Mewtwo will get in, but I think there is little to no chance he is announced pre-launch. He's such an old character, his inclusion isn't going to sell a ton of games. Yes, he has an enormous thread on here with people passionately wanting him in, but you are all fans of smash and will buy the game regardless. He makes the most sense as a "New challenger approaching!" surprise moment for people to enjoy after they bought the game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yes, Meloetta was.

Yep. It's only there for a moment, but that's definitely Meloetta. No question about it.

"By the way, here's one of the Pokémon that didn't make an appearance in that video--Meloetta."

I guess that makes Sakurai a liar.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
We just need to be patient and have some faith in Sakurai to pull through yet again.
Just like how he pulled through with Mewtwo in SSBB?

:sadeyes:

Even if there's substantial evidence helping Mewtwo, just speaking for me, I'll always be somewhat more pessimistic towards inclusions (unless it's dudes like Mario). Would rather be safe than sorry; makes it easier to bear if the worst really does occur.

D

Deleted member

actualy we found out that around early 2007 mewtwo had many glitches while trying to fix his moveset for brawl
Not possible. Brawl wasn't out then. If you mean to say that Sakurai admitted to this, source please. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Mewtwo was cut due to time constraints involving this guy :sonic:. There is no reason that his moveset would cause glitches so bad it would force his removal. That makes no sense.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I do believe Mewtwo will get in, but I think there is little to no chance he is announced pre-launch. He's such an old character, his inclusion isn't going to sell a ton of games. Yes, he has an enormous thread on here with people passionately wanting him in, but you are all fans of smash and will buy the game regardless. He makes the most sense as a "New challenger approaching!" surprise moment for people to enjoy after they bought the game.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
well good news is mewtwo is almost 90 % confirmed
I want to say that percentile is a bit too high for my viewpoint. One trailer was 'teasing' Mewtwo, I see that as a 50/50 for Mewtwo's chances because one. He was teased for the shady reason people would believe that silhouette was Mewtwo & not Greninja. 2, the huge demand for the character along with his ongoing relevancy for himself without any real evidence other than waiting to see how it turns out, I still consider it 50% atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom