• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I can empathize with you guys but the thing is:

A) Landmasters all do the same thing. Just because Charizard and Lucario both have Mega Evolutions doesn't mean they'll do the same thing. Charizard might be able to fly around and do a Yoshi Dragon while Lucario might do a Giga Mac/Super Sonic. (Not that I think that's actually what's gonna happen, but just an example.)

B) We don't know for sure if Lucario's Mega Evolution is his final smash. In the Smash Direct, Sakurai didn't refer to it as his FS and made it sound like a mid-fight transformation.
Yes, but it's the same reason people say Falco and Wolf are clones of Fox, or that Luigi is a clone of Mario. It's the fact that they're the same concept that bugs me. They could be completely different and I'm still going to classify them together, even though they'll play differently.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Yes, but it's the same reason people say Falco and Wolf are clones of Fox, or that Luigi is a clone of Mario. It's the fact that they're the same concept that bugs me. They could be completely different and I'm still going to classify them together, even though they'll play differently.

Oh my god. This video. It's been so long.

Steelia

Smash Champion
THNX! I owe you for that one.

nevermind... It caught the last few minutes... and nothing smash. Seams like a waist in my opinion.
I dunno, seems more like a waste to me.
:troll:

dat Ganondorf reveal was definitely the best part though. If only our Smash villains could turn out as awesome as that. Bowser being a step up from his past Smash iterations gives me a little hope, at least.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

dat Ganondorf reveal was definitely the best part though. If only our Smash villains could turn out as awesome as that. Bowser being a step up from his past Smash iterations gives me a little hope, at least.
Still holding out hope for that fabled villain trailer...

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Smash Bros. Ganondorf is going to look really lame by comparison if he stays a Falcon clone. I talk about Mewtwo getting an overhaul, but he doesn't need one nearly as much.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Smash Bros. Ganondorf is going to look really lame by comparison if he stays a Falcon clone. I talk about Mewtwo getting an overhaul, but he doesn't need one nearly as much.
Comparing :mewtwomelee: to :mewtwopm:, yeah. Major changes with a bit of overhaul are needed. Very much so. He isn't suffering video game clone disease. . .:151:not completely.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I was personally expecting Groose to be a surprise joke character for Hyrule Warriors.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915

By that logic, Bowser, Kirby, and Ness shouldn't have returned from Melee because they were WORSE.
Hell, by that logic, LINK shouldn't even have come back since he was low tier for three games in a row. :troll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

By that logic, Bowser, Kirby, and Ness shouldn't have returned from Melee because they were WORSE.
Hell, by that logic, LINK shouldn't even have come back since he was low tier for three games in a row. :troll:
You forget that Miiverse takes great care to destroy any and all semblance of logic and that 90% of it's inhabitants are morons.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Three Landmasters.

Bowser and Ganondorf.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

LOL.

It started out logically (seriously, those comments on every single PoTD about which characters should be added are silly, but at the same time I understand everybody wants their voices heard, even if it is meaningless at this point), but then it instantly went down the drain.

"except if he gets reduced to Bowser's size, then it would be more likely". Why in the world would he think that wouldn't be on Sakurai's mind if he was planning on making Ridley playable? Does he think that resizing Ridley is something that has only ever crossed his own mind? o.o

Also the the fact that he thinks that having Mega Evolutions already in the game limits Mewtwo chances is hilarious and based on absolutely nothing. If anything having Mega Evolutions helps Mewtwo's chances to return.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Oops, double post. Can someone clean this up?

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I'm new here, and I'd like to point out some reasons why I think Mewtwo MUST come back as a playable character:

1- He is THE legendary pokemon globally. Even between the non Pokemon fans, the 1st Gen. is the most known and Mewtwo is an important part of that.
2- I personally think it would be ideal at least one legendary pokemon in the roster, and Mewtwo is the perfect choice due to reason number 1.
3- He has recovered popularity thanks to Pokemon X & Y. Not only being in both games awaiting to be caught by the player, but because he has not one, but 2 mega-evolutions.
4- If I know right, the ONLY reason why Mewtwo was scrapped from Brawl was due to time constraints. As I guess you know, the SSE story mode took most of the time and resources of the game.
5- And last but not least, since then, he has been HUGELY requested by the fans to return. I don't have lists or something, but he is supposed to be the most requested character along with Ridley and a little bit less, K.Rool.

And if we count the semi-teasing in the Greninja trailer, my conclussion is the following:
Mewtwo is 99'95% back.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ok guys, I'm new here, and I'd like to point out some reasons why I think Mewtwo MUST come back as a playable character:

1- He is THE legendary pokemon globally. Even between the non Pokemon fans, the 1st Gen. is the most known and Mewtwo is an important part of that.
2- I personally think it would be ideal at least one legendary pokemon in the roster, and Mewtwo is the perfect choice due to reason number 1.
3- He has recovered popularity thanks to Pokemon X & Y. Not only being in both games awaiting to be caught by the player, but because he has not one, but 2 mega-evolutions.
4- If I know right, the ONLY reason why Mewtwo was scrapped from Brawl was due to time constraints. As I guess you know, the SSE story mode took most of the time and resources of the game.
5- And last but not least, since then, he has been HUGELY requested by the fans to return. I don't have lists or something, but he is supposed to be the most requested character along with Ridley and a little bit less, K.Rool.

And if we count the semi-teasing in the Greninja trailer, my conclussion is the following:
Mewtwo is 99'95% back.
These reasons have been mentioned and worded differently, but it's good to know we have a new supporter.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Except Ganondorf was SOMEWHAT viable in Melee. :p
True. But he's terrible in Brawl. By that logic, he should get cut this time around.

And I don't think anybody expects Ganondorf to be cut.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I have literally never been on Miiverse other than to read Sakurai's comments. I feel like I've saved myself several head injuries by doing that.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was surprised that Skull Kid didn't show up in Hyrule Warriors.
Skull Kid may have a chance, but not with the Mask. The Majora's Mask SK and Tingle premiered in Majora's Mask, and from what I've read Hyrule Warriors is only going to have playable chars from the OoT, SS, and TP universes with merely cameos/references from the other games (Chain Chomp, the Moon, the Wind Waker, etc.).

In any case, to get back on the topic of Mewtwo, would love to see that buffed Ganondorf take on #150 in a villain trailer.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Mewtwo is 99'95% back.
I hope and think you are right and welcome the club:mewtwopm:

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
I had a dream that Mewtwo was revealed this morning and Pichu was a poke ball pokemon.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Sakurai is at the bottom of his stash of newcomer videos. Even if Mewtwo technically isn't a newcomer he's gotta be in one of the final reveal trailers. (I'm assuming Sakurai has 2 more reveal trailers left). So we gotta get news soon...Unless he's a hidden character.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Uhh Dual wield magic Ganonforf for smash please to fight Mewtwo in a trailer.Someone make this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom