• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Those mega plushies look pretty awesome. So what if there wasn't one for classic Mewtwo this time around? Not like he hasn't had plenty made of him before.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So why do people keep saying Mewtwo is in a trailer?Mewtwo is a veteran not a newcomer in any sense Mewtwo could be in the potd.Tommorows pic should be pokemon and then Friday=Mewtwo.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So why do people keep saying Mewtwo is in a trailer?Mewtwo is a veteran not a newcomer in any sense Mewtwo could be in the potd.Tommorows pic should be pokemon and then Friday=Mewtwo.
I think, and i'm sure other feel the same, he'd get more love than just a potd.

EDIT- I mean, just look at Sonic. Yes, he's 3rd party, but he's a veteran who was the reveal of a direct.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

So, The Pokemon Center has these, but no classic Mewtwo. I am disappoint.

So why do people keep saying Mewtwo is in a trailer?Mewtwo is a veteran not a newcomer in any sense Mewtwo could be in the potd. Tommorows pic should be pokemon and then Friday=Mewtwo.
Probably not, considering Sakurai's unpredictable unstable random randomness

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ehh, I've only ever seen one or two good Mewtwo plush...usually they end up looking terrible.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
:4charizard::4sonic::4falcon:
10veterans
Reason(s) why they probably got their own trailer:
:4charizard:: Announcement from Sakurai himself saying that Transformations are removed thus separating him from the 3 playable kanto starters :pt:, especially Switching out mechanic :pt: had in Brawl, makes a good reason why he got shared a trailer with featuring :4greninja: in the trailer. Also he's #1 most popular in the world but I still think people are keeping their nostalgiashades on even when going to bed.
:4sonic:: Every 3rd party character has gotten their own trailer. The controversy of characters returning due to them not owned by Nintendo was skeptical of ever returning. :4sonic: & :4megaman: & :4pacman: getting in are very shocking & hype worthy as well.
:4falcon:: Do I even need to say this? He's the most badass character & is one of if not thee face of Super Smash Bros..:shades: No one will ever know what Falcon was doing in the FE universe, but lord falcon knows we all wanted to see Falcon Punch in a awesome reveal trailer.
This said I can see Mewtwo being revealed in a trailer but not being the main star of the trailer, similar to Falcon.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:4falcon:: Do I even need to say this? He's the most badass character & is one of if not thee face of Super Smash Bros..:shades: No one will ever know what Falcon was doing in the FE universe, but lord falcon knows we all wanted to see Falcon Punch in a awesome reveal trailer.
This said I can see Mewtwo being revealed in a trailer but not being the main star of the trailer, similar to Falcon.
But Robin being the jerk that he is interrupted that Falcon Punch :troll: Guy doesn't approve of someone hitting on [spoilered detail], both figuratively and literally.

And hey, universes collide, so your argument is invalid.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Mewtwo coming back would be a big deal.. at least enough to be in a trailer. Definitely bigger than Charizard splitting from Pokemon Trainer..

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is going to either have a trailer of a lifetime, or be a super secret hidden character!
Pretty much this. The fact that Mewtwo TECHNICALLY isn't a veteran can give him a trailer highlighting him. He's not a veteran OR newcomer. So he's in that grey area. Also considering how people really want him back a trailer for him would create a LOT of hype.

Also, yea Mewtwo is a Melee veteran, but I consider a veteran someone who's been in 2 out of 3 previous Smash games, or someone who was in the last installment of the game.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Pretty much this. The fact that Mewtwo TECHNICALLY isn't a veteran can give him a trailer highlighting him. He's not a veteran OR newcomer. So he's in that grey area. Also considering how people really want him back a trailer for him would create a LOT of hype.

Also, yea Mewtwo is a Melee veteran, but I consider a veteran someone who's been in 2 out of 3 previous Smash games, or someone who was in the last installment of the game.
I remember posting my technicalities on Mewtwo, but putting it bluntly, he is a veteran. I was going to post that Returning Fighters are characters who have only played in one game Installment aka the previous game, then come back into the next sequal game. Buuuuuuuuut the trailer kinda shoots my post out since it showed Samus, Kirby, Yoshi, Zelda, & Sheik, but mostly for the good reason to announce changing / transformations during battle are cut.

But preferences are respected so I'm not disagreeing with your consideration.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I remember posting my technicalities on Mewtwo, but putting it bluntly, he is a veteran. I was going to post that Returning Fighters are characters who have only played in one game Installment aka the previous game, then come back into the next sequal game. Buuuuuuuuut the trailer kinda shoots my post out since it showed Samus, Kirby, Yoshi, Zelda, & Sheik, but mostly for the good reason to announce changing / transformations during battle are cut.

But preferences are respected so I'm not disagreeing with your consideration.
Personally I don't care that much on his status being veteran or newcomer. I just thought he was in a odd situation compared to most fighters. I do think we will get a trailer highlighting him though. Trailers are meant to create hype, and with Mewtwo being..Mewtwo, I believe most people would go crazy over a trailer focusing on him.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
:4charizard::4sonic::4falcon:
10veterans
Reason(s) why they probably got their own trailer:
:4charizard:: Announcement from Sakurai himself saying that Transformations are removed thus separating him from the 3 playable kanto starters :pt:, especially Switching out mechanic :pt: had in Brawl, makes a good reason why he got shared a trailer with featuring :4greninja: in the trailer. Also he's #1 most popular in the world but I still think people are keeping their nostalgiashades on even when going to bed.
:4sonic:: Every 3rd party character has gotten their own trailer. The controversy of characters returning due to them not owned by Nintendo was skeptical of ever returning. :4sonic: & :4megaman: & :4pacman: getting in are very shocking & hype worthy as well.
My views on the matter:
:4charizard:: Paired with Greninja, who is a newcomer.
:4falcon:: Paired with Robin & Lucina, who are newcomers.
:4sonic:: Not even a CGI/Animated trailer, but still, all 3rd Parties deserve trailers.

I was just thinking about it, but if they left Mewtwo without a trailer and kept him as a secret character, he would be the ultimate secret character. Maybe to the point where nobody would believe it until they actually unlocked him. Pair that with a freshened up moveset and you've got a Smash Legend. Think about it for a bit.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
My views on the matter:
:4sonic:: Not even a CGI/Animated trailer, but still, all 3rd Parties deserve trailers.

I was just thinking about it, but if they left Mewtwo without a trailer and kept him as a secret character, he would be the ultimate secret character. Maybe to the point where nobody would believe it until they actually unlocked him. Pair that with a freshened up moveset and you've got a Smash Legend. Think about it for a bit.
That makes a lot of sense. I'm just greedy and want to know about him already, and the fastest way will probably be by trailer. Plus keep in mind internet leaks will happen so he wouldn't be a surprise unless you completely shut yourself away from the internet.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
That makes a lot of sense. I'm just greedy and want to know about him already, and the fastest way will probably be by trailer. Plus keep in mind internet leaks will happen so he wouldn't be a surprise unless you completely shut yourself away from the internet.
Yeah, good point. There are still those people who avoid gaming sites to avoid spoilers and such after the Japanese release, so maybe a still surprise for them?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, good point. There are still those people who avoid gaming sites to avoid spoilers and such after the Japanese release, so maybe a still surprise for them?
Nobody can avoid spoilers for Smash lest they firewall every relevant website that talks about it.

Hell, most of them report facts late.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
No matter what trailer he's In, he would be the star of the trailer.
Brb~
This said I can see Mewtwo being revealed in a trailer but not getting as much footage despite being the main star of the trailer, similar to Falcon.
Fixed yiss?~
Edit:

My views on the matter:

As super secret as. . .per-say AKANEIA?:troll:
. . .

K not funny that's beyond a horrible joke.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I say he is likely to be a hidden character, but he deserve to be in a trailer maybe with a newcomer like Ridley or K Rool.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
My views on the matter:

:mewtwopm:: Paired with Shulk would be pretty rad since they got the whole sci-fi thing going with them.

Paired with Ridley as Smash's most wanted would be insane; a lot of Smash sites would be down for a while.

Paired with King K. Rool or Ghirahim would be pretty cool for a villain / anti-hero / final boss theme.

EDIT: Quick question, was Palutena requested more than Mewtwo? I understand Palutena was up there as a fan favorite but I don't recall it being as big compared to Mewtwo or Ridley.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
:mewtwopm:: Paired with Shulk would be pretty rad since they got the whole sci-fi thing going with them.

Paired with Ridley as Smash's most wanted would be insane; a lot of Smash sites would be down for a while.

Paired with King K. Rool or Ghirahim would be pretty cool for a villain / anti-hero / final boss theme.

EDIT: Quick question, was Palutena requested more than Mewtwo? I understand Palutena was up there as a fan favorite but I don't recall it being as big compared to Mewtwo or Ridley.
I honestly have no idea. I didn't really visit Smash forums often until recently. I've heard she was widely requested, but I can't confirm seeing the requests myself.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Isn't Mewtwo overall the most requested veteran?(I'm not sure if he holds up as a newcomer, Ridley takes the cake there.)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Isn't Mewtwo overall the most requested veteran?(I'm not sure if he holds up as a newcomer, Ridley takes the cake there.)
I'm pretty sure he is. I'd be shocked if any veteran even comes close to Mewtwo as the most wanted to return.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I knew :4palutena: was heavily requested, but I never thought she'd be more requested to be in Smash Brothers more than :mewtwopm:. Ridley is the one newcomer that would break the controversy overall.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm almost positive Palutena was nowhere near one of the more requested newcomers, certainly not above Mewtwo... What really jacked up her popularity prior to her reveal was that one "leaked" 3DS picture of her and Mario, and the Gematsu leak (R.I.P.), both helping her out a great deal.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm almost positive Palutena was nowhere near one of the more requested newcomers, certainly not above Mewtwo... What really jacked up her popularity prior to her reveal was that one "leaked" 3DS picture of her and Mario, and the Gematsu leak (R.I.P.), both helping her out a great deal.
I didn't even know the name "Palutena" up until she was revealed. I'm no super gamer but I do try to keep up with the latest gaming news. Compared to Ridley I've heard almost nothing about her. I have seen her on some Kid Icarus screenshots though, but never any big demand for her. At least not big enough that it attracted that much attention.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I didn't even know the name "Palutena" up until she was revealed. I'm no super gamer but I do try to keep up with the latest gaming news. Compared to Ridley I've heard almost nothing about her. I have seen her on some Kid Icarus screenshots though, but never any big demand for her. At least not big enough that it attracted that much attention.
It's fine to not be informed of a name belonging to a sequel that didn't come out for 21 FRIGGIN YEARS HRRRRRRRRRN

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
This thread just keeps flying forward without me knowing about it. Belated woot's and yeehaw's for 150 pages! And while I'm at it, I offered (somewhere in the lost recesses of this thread) the sentiment that Mewtwo is just too awesome and too big of a deal to not get a trailer if he gets revealed before release.

Also, @ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee I really liked those palette swaps you made for Mewtwo all those pages back. That's where I started reading again before I realized the thread now had 164 pages.

On another note, if Mewtwo doesn't get a reveal trailer before release, I'm going to be super nervous about his inclusion. Having a reveal trailer for him would relieve so much worry for me and generate even more hype than there already is for this game. I hope Nintendo and Sakurai know that revealing Mewtwo early, even a week or so before release, would make initial sales numbers much better. Though I suppose in the long run, people are going to find out he's in anyway and then buy the game if that's what they were holding out for, but I want a trailer so baaaaad.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Gotta say My biggest hope for a reveal trailer would be a big bad boss character trailer.
Start with Link fighting Ganondorf bring in Pikachu and Mewtwo into the fray and then to finish it up have Samus and Dk get rocked by a sudden appearance of Ridley and Rool

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Gotta say my biggest hope for a reveal trailer would be a big bad boss character trailer.
Start with Link fighting Ganondorf bring in Pikachu and Mewtwo into the fray and then to finish it up have Samus and Dk get rocked by a sudden appearance of Ridley and Rool
Metal Gear? Huh? @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A :shades:.

Nah I'm only kidding, that'd be a hype trailer though. That's a lot of haracters in one trailer but honestly I was told & heard about the reveal trailers nearly ending so it may just come to that.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Metal Gear? Huh? @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A :shades:.

Nah I'm only kidding, that'd be a hype trailer though. That's a lot of haracters in one trailer but honestly I was told & heard about the reveal trailers nearly ending so it may just come to that.
I would be surprised if Crazy Lord McCookypants doesn't end the reveal trailers with a BANG!!

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Gotta say My biggest hope for a reveal trailer would be a big bad boss character trailer.
I hope for that too, but Sakurai seems like the type of person who wants some huge hidden surprises. Mewtwo would be a huge challenger approaching surprise.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I hope for that too, but Sakurai seems like the type of person who wants some huge hidden surprises. Mewtwo would be a huge challenger approaching surprise.
If Mewtwo is in a trailer it would make sense to show him off like they did Falcon. As much as I want to see "Mewtwo, Strikes Back!" I don't think he would get a newcomer card. Showing him off with Ridley or another big character reveal would be the most epicly ass tearing awesome thing ever.

We are getting so close to finding out whether our favourite clone Pokemon makes his epic return to the series. Lets hope Sakurai made the smart decision.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
right now my highest hope is a villian reveal traler with Ridley as the BIG newcomer (sorry there) (maybe also Krool and the 6th zelda rep if apicable) revamped ganondorf and mewtwo as the 2 hype veterans and cameos from the other returning villanous or anti heroish veterans such as metaknight, wario and wolf.

Sadly this drought of character news kinda make me doubt it :c (considering a lot of this characters usually are unlockables, it would have meant sakurai revealing the whole roster pre release)

I wouldn't mind mewtwo appearing in a shulk trailer a la captain falcon though.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
There is something want changed I Mewtwo returns. When I saw Mewtwo s gameplay in Melee, I wasn't playing pokemon at the time, so I thought it was like a dark type due to his dark attacks. I mean, other than a few throws and specials, it doesn't spell physic type to me. So if he comes back,I want him to have more influence to its physic attacks.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:mewtwopm: logical trailer pairings if he doesn't go solo and even gets a trailer:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
:ganondorf: and/or
and/or *villain*

:snake:

:metaknight:

:jigglypuff: or replacement

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom