• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I'm still sticking by my theory that they made a second Mewtwo because they want one to use the Y form (Fewtwo) and the other to use the X form (Old Mewtwo).

And then there will be a third Mewtwo to use the Z form! Escalation!

Yeah but no, the whole thing is still pretty dumb, even (or perhaps especially) if my prediction comes true. People dislike Femtwo because she was frankly unnecessary, and is thus greatly outshined by the original.

Morbi

Scavenger
HAPPY PAGE 161 GUYS! *sips coffee*
Not really that special, page 150; however, that would have been something else. Regardless, cheers.

I'm still sticking by my theory that they made a second Mewtwo because they want one to use the Y form (Fewtwo) and the other to use the X form (Old Mewtwo).

And then there will be a third Mewtwo to use the Z form! Escalation!

Yeah but no, the whole thing is still pretty dumb, even (or perhaps especially) if my prediction comes true. People dislike Femtwo because she was frankly unnecessary, and is thus greatly outshined by the original.
I agree that Femtwo was unnecessary, but at the same time, Mewtwo is Mewtwo. It is odd that people do not like her based on her gender.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I agree that Femtwo was unnecessary, but at the same time, Mewtwo is Mewtwo. It is odd that people do not like her based on her gender.
It isn't sexist as much as it is change. People fear change. It's like the same reason people dislike Other M Ridley as opposed to regular Ridley, because the new version came in and took the place of the original without so much as a mention of the original.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
It isn't sexist as much as it is change. People fear change. It's like the same reason people dislike Other M Ridley as opposed to regular Ridley, because the new version came in and took the place of the original without so much as a mention of the original.
I'm pretty sure thats not the ONLY reason why people disliked Other M

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, it's not simply because of M16 Mewtwo's gender (or the gender of its voice rather). That Mewtwo could've had a different sounding male voice instead of a female one and still would've been seen as unnecessary when we had an already established Mewtwo to further build character off of.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, it's not simply because of M16 Mewtwo's gender (or the gender of its voice rather). That Mewtwo could've had a different sounding male voice instead of a female one and still would've been seen as unnecessary when we had an already established Mewtwo to further build character off of.
See, the voice alone implied too many things. If Newtwo had a male voice, it would be justified in canon(he was still roaming the earth) and IRL(couldn't get Dan Green).

But no, Newtwo has a new and unnecessary origin. Bleh.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
No. Welcome to humanity.

Sexism aside. I'm sure the only reason people dislike Femtwo is because she's not...well. Mewtwo. The "popular" Mewtwo. It'd be like if Ash evolved Pikachu into Raichu.
You kidding? If Ash evolved Pikachu, I might start watching the anime. Raichu is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Just look at this cute little guy:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You kidding? If Ash evolved Pikachu, I might start watching the anime. Raichu is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Just look at this cute little guy:

Raichu drops the Ridiculously Cute Critter aspect and becomes more of a badass adorable. Pikachu imo is still much cuter.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

Alright. Maybe that wasn't the best example. I'd be like if Misty had a sex change.

I know, but I was talking about Other M Ridley there.
Wrong forum there, buddy?

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Never watched M16, but I apparently don't need to. Mewtwo is genderless but in truth every genderless pokemon is most likely a hermaphrodite, only needing to reproduce asexually when they're nearing their end to keep it going. The VA is there to confuse us about what gender it chose. This is assuming that Pokemon don't choose to have sex changes.

Ash will never evolve his Pikachu because he's still in a coma with his Dream lover Pikachu. :ohwell:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Never watched M16, but I apparently don't need to. Mewtwo is genderless but in truth every genderless pokemon is most likely a hermaphrodite, only needing to reproduce asexually when they're nearing their end to keep it going. The VA is there to confuse us about what gender it chose. This is assuming that Pokemon don't choose to have sex changes.

Ash will never evolve his Pikachu because he's still in a coma with his Dream lover Pikachu. :ohwell:
The Ash in a coma thing is...********. Creepypastas in general suck.

Also, insert inappropriate images here to describe above paragraph I WAS JOKING

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have to disagree there. Raichu is still absolutely adorable, second to only Timburr in the cuteness department imo.
The Timburr line was designed ugly, but to your credit, Timburr is kinda cute.

Still, I don't see Raichu admusing Eldritch Abominations from alternate dimensions.

You WANT cute? Here's cute:

I know it's invalid due to being owned by Lemon Clemont, but still. Cuter than Raichu.

What if Mewtwo's revealed in a trailer that shows off Gannondorf and a new LoZ character tonight?
I'd post more gifs but I don't want warnings

Wishful thinking. At worst we're getting Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The Timburr line was designed ugly, but to your credit, Timburr is kinda cute.

Still, I don't see Raichu admusing Eldritch Abominations from alternate dimensions.

You WANT cute? Here's cute:

I know it's invalid due to being owned by Lemon Clemont, but still. Cuter than Raichu.
Gurdurr and Conkeldurr are pretty ugly, but in a tough, grizzled badass sort of way. Timburr is absolutely adorable though, with his little nose and smirk. I even find his little vein bulges cute. Raichu never amuses eldritch abominations, because it always has to be portrayed antagonistically in the anime for some reason.

As for Dedenne? ...The less said about how I feel about it, the better.

Also, this is the Mewtwo thread, maybe we oughta get back to him/her/it.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought that Ridley thread was getting hyped over nothing. A Mewtwo reveal would be great, yes. But that is about the least likely thing to happen tonight. Sorry to be a Debbie downer.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You never know...
:smirk:
Are you smoking speed meth again? Cause you're crazy. Stahp ruining our hopes and dreams and if you're going to do so do it with absolutely insane coincidences like my own failed ones

Gurdurr and Conkeldurr are pretty ugly, but in a tough, grizzled badass sort of way. Timburr is absolutely adorable though, with his little nose and smirk. I even find his little vein bulges cute. Raichu never amuses eldritch abominations, because it always has to be portrayed antagonistically in the anime for some reason.

As for Dedenne? ...The less said about how I feel about it, the better.

Also, this is the Mewtwo thread, maybe we oughta get back to him/her/it.
Vein bulges are...ick...

See, Raichu's a man(PokeMan?). Only hard grizzled men are antagonistic :troll:

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT. I like Raichu to, But that's insane. I Stop watching the Anime after Gen 4 They got rid of Dawn and Brock for some strange reason!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT. I like Raichu to, But that's insane. I Stop watching the Anime after Gen 4 They got rid of Dawn and Brock for some strange reason!
Moving to a new region and meeting another shipper bait girl to travel with isn't odd.

But Brock, I don't get either.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I hope neither is in personally. We've already got two Mega Final Smashes. I don't think we need them to become the next Landmaster. Personally, I'd go with Psystrike or something.

I know the feel, I was shot down for saying they'd be like Landmasters before EVEN THOUGH THEY TOTALLY WOULD
I can empathize with you guys but the thing is:

A) Landmasters all do the same thing. Just because Charizard and Lucario both have Mega Evolutions doesn't mean they'll do the same thing. Charizard might be able to fly around and do a Yoshi Dragon while Lucario might do a Giga Mac/Super Sonic. (Not that I think that's actually what's gonna happen, but just an example.)

B) We don't know for sure if Lucario's Mega Evolution is his final smash. In the Smash Direct, Sakurai didn't refer to it as his FS and made it sound like a mid-fight transformation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom