• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
However that means we're going to see 666 characters from 3 different series, I mean if both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are in, then what about Zelda and Mario?

Oh and if this does happen, then Giratina totally hinted it.
I'm of the opinion that number of reps per franchise is a non-issue. Kirby had 1 until Brawl, and it's kind of Sakurai's baby.
I've got a sinking feeling about some of the Melee veterans. Falco and Gannondorf...where are those guys?
As for Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, Lucas, Meta Knight, etc., I see no reason for them to be cut. I can't remember the source, but I'm fairly certain I've seen it thrown around a lot that Sakurai said he wanted to make as few cuts from Brawl as possible. Granted, Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl, so that doesn't really affect his chances, but it does affect the chances of the other veterans we're talking about.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Granted it does seem like a lot and over representation.
You can't go wrong with Pokemon. It's super-popular and has tons~ of potential candidates. Being able to choose only 6~7 fighters out of over 700 of the buggers is quite a feat.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
You can't go wrong with Pokemon. It's super-popular and has tons~ of potential candidates. Being able to choose only 6~7 fighters out of over 700 of the buggers is quite a feat.
Oh if only there was some sort of Pokemon game where you could have a big roster of Pokemon duke it out, like.. Say Lucario and Blaziken! Oh if only I could get even a glimpse of it, like, at the end of an official game,and trademark the game.

Then you could call it "Pokken fighters" and actually start developing it! So we can start thorwoing money at you!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I had a dream, guys.

I've never had a Smash Bros dream before. It started out as me checking the POTD. There was a second post, and it was a video. At first, the video showed an orchestra recording some music for Smash 4. There were big projection screens overhead, and a movie within a movie started playing. There was supposed to be narration throughout, but since it was a dream I couldn't hear it. Sakurai basically described in detail why he didn't put Mewtwo back into Smash, and then introduced this girl character from a brand new, never-before-announced game.

It was quite upsetting.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had a dream, guys.

I've never had a Smash Bros dream before. It started out as me checking the POTD. There was a second post, and it was a video. At first, the video showed an orchestra recording some music for Smash 4. There were big projection screens overhead, and a movie within a movie started playing. There was supposed to be narration throughout, but since it was a dream I couldn't hear it. Sakurai basically described in detail why he didn't put Mewtwo back into Smash, and then introduced this girl character from a brand new, never-before-announced game.

It was quite upsetting.
You people are having dreams to spite me are you :troll:

See, that's not a dream. That's a nightmare. inb4 darkrai confirmed :troll:

Just keep hoping, just keep hoping, just keep hoping, hoping, hoping.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Remember all those Goku requests for this game?

Well I think the Mewtwo trailer should include Goku just to promote the Mewtwo return, nothing more, think about it, Goku arrives, we think he's the new character, then he sees Mewtwo and he's all like Frieza, but how, then they start fighting.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I have news from the YouTube commenters front.

The tides have turned in a way that I never expected. the YouTube masses have suddenly accepted the seemingly impossible. They now believe that jiggs finally has a lesser shot then Mewtwo, and that Mewtwo finally will be the fifth (they refuse to believe that there will be a sixth Pokémon, usually using Mario and "too many Pokémon". Can't argue with that much). this means one thing and one thing alone, I've finally amassed enough info to turn the tides of ssb4.

Edit: Don't believe me? I can post my findings, but be warned, its long.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

The tides have turned in a way that I never expected. the YouTube masses have suddenly accepted the seemingly impossible. They now believe that jiggs finally has a lesser shot then Mewtwo, and that Mewtwo finally will be the fifth (they refuse to believe that there will be a sixth Pokémon, usually using Mario and "too many Pokémon". Can't argue with that much). this means one thing and one thing alone, I've finally amassed enough info to turn the tides of ssb4.
Show them the sakurai interview of robin and lucina that will be excellent proof.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Remember all those Goku requests for this game?

Well I think the Mewtwo trailer should include Goku just to promote the Mewtwo return, nothing more, think about it, Goku arrives, we think he's the new character, then he sees Mewtwo and he's all like Frieza, but how, then they start fighting.
Speaking of Goku. . .He's in guys:troll:.

Back on-topic, quickly skimming the RTC thread about Mewtwo's chances % rate, I saw too much 100%, too much 90-99%, & not enough chances below 90%. . .then again maybe my 11% pessimistic opinion of Mewtwo not being 100% guaranteed is w.e.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
The RTC thread seems to be a little more in Mewtwo's favor now compared to when it was Mewtwo vs. Jigglypuff, or maybe it's just me.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Edit: Don't believe me? I can post my findings, but be warned, its long.
Oh trust me. . .I believe you I've seen the comments. . .*sigh* people can be so dumb sometimes.
The RTC thread seems to be a little more in Mewtwo's favor now compared to when it was Mewtwo vs. Jigglypuff, or maybe it's just me.
No it's not you. It might be from the lack of people who play Donkey Kong games. It's appears not to be just a little, it's a lot more favor for Mewtwo by the looks.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Wanna hear something cool?

I have evidence that may in a way point to jiggs being cut.

You know the comment that all jiggs supporters said to try and prove that sakurai wont ever touch the o12?
He said then exactly "The game wouldent be the same without the o12"

In what I believe to be the april direct he said "This game will be like no other before it".

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
*sigh* Goku requests....I mean, seriously? He's not even a Nintendo character....>>
OBJECTION!!!
If they are talking about him
well, they are requesting a Nintendo character...

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
OBJECTION!!!
If they are talking about him
well, they are requesting a Nintendo character...
To find a loophole through this newfound nintendo character I did not know of, I will now refer to the DBZ Goku as "Kakarot" :smirk:

Who'd win a fight between that goku, & Mewtwo? Enlighten me plz

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Wanna hear something cool?

I have evidence that may in a way point to jiggs being cut.

You know the comment that all jiggs supporters said to try and prove that sakurai wont ever touch the o12?
He said then exactly "The game wouldent be the same without the o12"

In what I believe to be the april direct he said "This game will be like no other before it".
I think you're reading too into it, at least I hope you are because I don't want the Jiggernaut cut at this point :/

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I think you're reading too into it, at least I hope you are because I don't want the Jiggernaut cut at this point :/
Well the point may not cut jiggs yet, but it does prove that jiggs's comment on the o12 means nothing because Sakurai is a sneaky monster and has before twisted his words. This does have the possibility of Cutting the STATEMENT that the o12 is going to make it back, putting jiggs on its own character reasons feet. And I'm sorry to say, it doesn't look good for jiggs if there is five.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Isn't goku a namco charactet (or at least have rights to dbz characters)?I may be wrong.Mewtwo is at a 99.9999% chance.Goku vs Mewtwo that he thinks is freiza please.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Well the point may not cut jiggs yet, but it does prove that jiggs's comment on the o12 means nothing because Sakurai is a sneaky monster and has before twisted his words. This does have the possibility of Cutting the STATEMENT that the o12 is going to make it back, putting jiggs on its own character reasons feet. And I'm sorry to say, it doesn't look good for jiggs if there is five.
I think that the original 12 aren't 100% safe and untouchable like ppl suggest but if pokemon was to only get 5 reps, I think the Jiggernaut has a better chance of returning than Mewtwo, she's been in all 3 games and beat Mewtwo for the pokemon slot in Brawl! I feel they both desserve to be in and don't see why we can't have both, I really hope we do get both :(

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I think that the original 12 aren't 100% safe and untouchable like ppl suggest but if pokemon was to only get 5 reps, I think the Jiggernaut has a better chance of returning than Mewtwo, she's been in all 3 games and beat Mewtwo for the pokemon slot in Brawl! I feel they both desserve to be in and don't see why we can't have both, I really hope we do get both :(
I don't know about deserving. but jiggs is not the most wanted pokemon in smash. I still think that'd be Mewtwo. ANd I hate to say it but... http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/5546/the-most-popular-pokemon-in-japan

micstar615

Smash Ace
I don't know about deserving. but jiggs is not the most wanted pokemon in smash. I still think that'd be Mewtwo. ANd I hate to say it but... http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/5546/the-most-popular-pokemon-in-japan
Jiggs is still popular and wanted in smash, she's a series staple. Also many newcomers aren't popular or weren't the most popular in their respective franchises but still made it in. Popularity matters but it's not the defining factor. Also in the end, it shouldn't be a matter of Jigglypuff vs Mewtwo, moreso a matter of if they'll both be in, as for which one "should" be in, I'd say they're about equal no matter how you spin it, it really depends on what Sakurai decided, but all in all, they're both deserving in their own right.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs is still popular and wanted in smash, she's a series staple. Also many newcomers aren't popular or weren't the most popular in their respective franchises but still made it in. Popularity matters but it's not the defining factor. Also in the end, it shouldn't be a matter of Jigglypuff vs Mewtwo, moreso a matter of if they'll both be in, as for which one "should" be in, I'd say they're about equal no matter how you spin it, it really depends on what Sakurai decided, but all in all, they're both deserving in their own right.
Well said. I still believe that there will be six and if there is six I do believe Mewtwo and jiggs will make it.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want Mewtwo to strike back, Jigglypuff shouldn't be cut. It wouldn't be Smash without her. Rather you realize it or not.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Why not both? I feel six Pokemon is a very real possibility and having Jiggs and Mewtwo would be perfect.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's happening... GameFaqs is turning on Mewtwo, saying they don't want him in the game. Not just that site, but countless others. People everywhere are losing hope, calling Mewtwo supporters genwunners.

We must have faith.

Steelia

Smash Champion
It's happening... GameFaqs is turning on Mewtwo, saying they don't want him in the game. Not just that site, but countless others. People everywhere are losing hope, calling Mewtwo supporters genwunners.

We must have faith.
It doesn't really matter at this point... The Japanese version will be out in less than two months, no doubt the final roster has already been completed (other missing chars now being worked on as DLC). Prior to Greninja planting the seed of doubt in the casual supporters, regulars were unquestionably supportive & outspoken. Add in the "We're thinking about [adding Mega Mewtwo]" answer from a while back, Sakurai's heard us for sure. We're merely twiddling our thumbs in anticipation.

...Also, what are you doing at GameFAQs anyway :p

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice

We must have faith.
Don't worry, Mewtwo will be in the game, Sakurai won't ignore the requests & the demand for him to return.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Don't worry, Mewtwo will be in the game, Sakurai won't ignore the requests & the demand for him to return.
He will be in...as a trophy. :troll:

In all seriousness, he would be a trophy even if he's playable.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
All playable characters have trophies so that's not necessarily negative toward mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom