• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Whoa somehow this thread gained like 10 pages without me knowing about it. Anyway, I see we're discussing changes to Mewtwo now.

- Heavier, slower Mewtwo (he's almost 300 pounds) with longer teleport range
- Attack out of teleport
- Hover/Levitate
- A levitating rush-charge attack while inside a psychic orb like in the movie that both Mew and Mewtwo used
- A grab/reflect that uses the "wrap you in a psychic bubble and send you away" concept that he used in Origins
- Psystrike instead of Shadow Ball
- Or Shadow Ball with a new animation/effects
- Psychic grapple grab (like Samus' except telekinetic)
- A Wonder Room/Guard Swap/Power Swap-teleport switch attack where you switch places with your opponent
- A Reflect/Barrier that actually lets you reflect ranged attacks and hit the opponents instead of becoming intangible like in Melee
- Psychic/Psycho Cut/Psyshock for Smash attacks
- If Disable is kept, even if it isn't Hypnosis, if you use the attack again, it turns into Dream Eater where you gain health

(Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the giant spoon, for comedic effect if anything. Maybe a taunt?)
I just picked and chose the stuff I really liked the sound of/heavily agreed with. ORVO5, your posts are great.
Thanks for letting me use them so often :laugh: I don't like repeating what other people have already said if I can avoid it.

I have to ask - is anyone here confident that he'll make it rather than just loosely hoping?

As you probably know, I want him back in, but I don't think it'll ever get farther than just wanting.
Honestly, I'm super hopeful and act confident, but I think deep down I'm still very afraid that he's not going to be in it. His chances look great on paper, but they looked great for Brawl too. I'm not a skeptic by any means, and I generally say I know he's going to come back. But I say it warily.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pokédex data is bull****. Apparently Lucario only goes up to peoples' waists and Golbat is the size of a full-grown man.

Being slightly heavier is a must, but being that heavy just wouldn't work with who he is.
who cares, groudon is the size of a basketball hoop so suspension of disbelief applies here

To be fair, adaptions mess with sizes all the time. Who says it can't apply to Mewtwo?

lol u also watch jwittz o3o

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
If they were gonna keep Disable, I think they should make it so that it actually disables attacks. Like Rosalina's redirection ability, except you know, it just stops the attack. Probably give it a small window of opportunity to keep it from being OP.

Just for kicks and giggles, these are some of the things I'd like to see in Mewtwo's moveset, without any proper button mapping or consideration for balance:
- A dodge-teleport with slightly more range than Melee. Do you mean spot-dodge or maybe forward / backward roll?. . .Maybebaby
- A levitating rush-charge attack while inside a psychic orb like in the movie that both Mew & Mewtwo used. Dash Attack confirmed?!?!?!?
- Psychic grapple grab (like Samus' except telekinetic) Kinda like Zelda's grab but not magic? I'm okay with that as long as it isn't Samus length
- A Reflect/Barrier that actually lets you reflect ranged attacks and hit the opponents instead of becoming intangible like in Melee. I'm cool with that.
- Psychic/Psycho Cut/Psyshock for Smash attacks. Hyesz!
(Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the giant spoon, for comedic effect if anything. Maybe a taunt?) Lmao yes approved overall good stuff ORVO5
Yes, horizontal aerial mobility. I was blanking there on the name. I'm not huge into competitive so I didn't want to mess up terminology and get anyone mad. As for the Mewtwo, the one in Smash 4 needs to have more general horizontal aerial mobility. I haven't really mastered the differences between the two so I can't be more specific, as I sold my melee when I was like 6 years ago (such a stupid move, I'm looking for another one online) and Mewtwo in PM just doesn't fit my playstyle so I don't use it often.
Again no problem don't sweat about it:shades:, I think that just adding in a hover feature for Mewtwo will be enough horizontal presence to control the air-game neutral but hey horizontal mobility buff would be sweet.
I have to ask - is anyone here confident that he'll make it rather than just loosely hoping? As you probably know, I want him back in, but I don't think it'll ever get farther than just wanting.
If I didn't have any confidence I wouldn't be posting in the Unconfirmed Mewtwo Support Thread, but on with answering ya:
Without thinking about Jigglypuff or any other playable pkmn like Sceptile or any grass starter OR other legendaries / pseudo-legendaries, 100% guaranteed. Thinking about Jigglypuff only is 85%. Thinking about Jigglypuff & one more pkmn I'd put him at 65%. If 3 extra pkmn got in, Mewtwo's chances are below 50%, being a slim chance which most likely will not happen.
As DLC being an option he'd guarantee 100% success be the 1st & most purchased DLC character / pack making Nintendo thousands of dollars.
My replies are all in the quotes.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Again no problem don't sweat about it:shades:, I think that just adding in a hover feature for Mewtwo will be enough horizontal presence to control the air-game neutral but hey horizontal mobility buff would be sweet.
I thought hovering and gliding was gone? My smash 4 accurate knowledge has gotten mixed up with all of the incorrect people I'm forced to listen to about Smash IRL, so forgive me if I get stuff wrong.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I thought hovering and gliding was gone? My smash 4 accurate knowledge has gotten mixed up with all of the incorrect people I'm forced to listen to about Smash IRL, so forgive me if I get stuff wrong.
Lol the funny part about Sakurai saying gliding as a mechanic is removed but then Palutena having a jump-glide is totally fine to have. I don't remember Sakurai announcing that hovering is gone, no one in Brawl had a hover unless you count Charizard jumps as 'hovers' due to staying in the air with his flapping wings. Having a hover exactly or closely similar to Project M :mewtwopm: isn't exactly the same flow as a glide or jump-glide so I can see it debut in SSB4.
Edit: Exactly @ Winchester7314 Winchester7314 's post just now showing Palutena.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Could have sword that that was an customizable up special, due to the Goddess Symbol which only appears during her Specials and Taunts...

Lol the funny part about Sakurai saying gliding as a mechanic is removed but then Palutena having a jump-glide is totally fine to have. I don't remember Sakurai announcing that hovering is gone, no one in Brawl had a hover unless you count Charizard jumps as 'hovers' due to staying in the air with his flapping wings. Having a hover exactly or closely similar to Project M :mewtwopm: isn't exactly the same flow as a glide or jump-glide so I can see it debut in SSB4.
Edit: Exactly @ Winchester7314 Winchester7314 's post just now showing Palutena.
:facepalm: I thought you meant gliding...

I'm not exactly on top of things today, sorry.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Well, I suppose Palutena's glide falls under the same category as Peach's hover ability.
Oh that's right! Peach floating is considered hovering in a sense, Fox technically having a 'shine hover' kind of counts too. So really pseudo-gliding is confirmed a.k.a. Mewtwo is confirmed:shades:.
:facepalm: I thought you meant gliding...
I'm not exactly on top of things today, sorry.
Your sorrows are manipulating your judgement, is Mewtwo's mind-control affecting you in any way?
No sweat BB~ :shades:

Edit: If you're a spyro the dragon gamer you know EXACTLY what & how gliding do, capped exactly due to spyro the dragon games 50% of the time is usually gliding point A to B. Hover in the spyro games was just you flapping wings to stay in the air.:shades:

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I wouldn't worry about Mewtwo much guys. Sakurai is making this game based upon fan suggestion, and Mewtwo is a highly suggested choice. He'll be in. :)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
- A dodge-teleport with slightly more range than Melee. Do you mean spot-dodge or maybe forward / backward roll?. . .Maybebaby

Yes, a spot dodge, I forgot what it was called while I was writing that. From what I remember, you can move a small distance while doing that with Mewtwo in Melee. It would be great if more distance was added to it, just a bit. Or a forward/backward roll too :)
- A levitating rush-charge attack while inside a psychic orb like in the movie that both Mew & Mewtwo used. Dash Attack confirmed?!?!?!?

How awesome would that be? Dash attack in a pink/purple orb :)
- Psychic grapple grab (like Samus' except telekinetic) Kinda like Zelda's grab but not magic? I'm okay with that as long as it isn't Samus length

Actually I was thinking like Samus length. Or maybe a bit shorter than that, but definitely longer range than the typical grab. Would that be too OP if it was like Samus'? I think it would be pretty unique given that he pulls opponents to him with TK.
(Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the giant spoon, for comedic effect if anything. Maybe a taunt?) Lmao yes approved overall good stuff ORVO5
Thanks buddy!

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm pretty sure Sakurai was just talking about Pit, which is something I don't understand. He has wings.. why can't he glide? I wonder if that also affects Metaknight.. Anyway, a front-facing horizontal hover would look cool on Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I wouldn't worry about Mewtwo much guys. Sakurai is making this game based upon fan suggestion, and Mewtwo is a highly suggested choice. He'll be in. :)
I would fully support your post, but then I think about Nintendo possibly pulling Mewtwo back from the roster just to release him as DLC knowing how much the fans will want him even more, paying Nintendo $$$ extra. Hopefully not but if it comes to that we'll see who the true loyal Mewtwo fans are when they purchase him or not.;)
Yes, a spot dodge, I forgot what it was called while I was writing that. From what I remember, you can move a small distance while doing that with Mewtwo in Melee. It would be great if more distance was added to it, just a bit. Or a forward/backward roll too :)
Nice! As far as spot-dodge goes, it would mostly vary on it's frame data factoring in how much invulnerability he has & how much vulnerable frames afterward that makes it or breaks it. Mewtwo's rolls were amazing distance. I won't mind them coming back!
How awesome would that be? Dash attack in a pink/purple orb :)
Fan****ingtastic is what it would be! His F-smash & Dash Attack are practically the same move but the difference is movement running. I say yes to the Dash Attaack orb rush! It would freshen up his needed & potential move-set he could have.
Actually I was thinking like Samus length. Or maybe a bit shorter than that, but definitely longer range than the typical grab. Would that be too OP if it was like Samus'? I think it would be pretty unique given that he pulls opponents to him with TK.
Hmmm, as a second opinion, I say that kind of grab range for a stationary grab with the provided Psychic / telekinesis would be too much of a busted grab, imagine how amazing his dash grab & pivot grab would be? I say shorter than Samus but larger than Zelda.
Thanks buddy!
Thanks for Posting~
Also to new comments, Mewtwo's Uber spoon would be used only by Mewtwo & wields it with his Psychic ability keeping it levitated doing Jab swings, F-tilt whacking, & F-smash swinging! Hyesz!:mewtwopm:

Edit: Replace his F-tilt tail whip excuse of a move with his Spoon! Please Sakurai:shades:

Double Edit:
Going to have the most awesome way to eat cereal ever.
Bu-but. . .Mewtwo's gonna scoop a spoonful of MeowMix~

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Goku powers up!
Shrek takes ogre!
Geno... does something puppet-y!
Mii Fighters and Pac-Man leave the roster!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Goku powers up!
Shrek takes ogre!
Fan suggestion outside the realms of stupidity and nonsense. (no offense to your post, it made me lol)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Goku powers up!
Shrek takes ogre!
....that doesn't mean he considers things that are outright supid, or simply undoable. Geno is a Square-owned character...

Edit:
Fan suggestion outside the realms of stupidity and nonsense. (no offense to your post, it made me lol)
Thank you.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Because Miiverse is everyone, right?
It's the only place Nintendo has a direct line to, and we know for a fact Sakurai looks at it, from the Miis chosen to demonstrate the Mii Fighters. He said they were all requests he saw there.

and I was joking geeeeez :p

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It's the only place Nintendo has a direct line to, and we know for a fact Sakurai looks at it, from the Miis chosen to demonstrate the Mii Fighters. He said they were all requests he saw there.

I knew your earlier post was just adulting around, this thread's gotta lighten up.:shades: You guys thinking about Mewtwo wanting to be heavier, are weighing down from that idea isn't it?:lol:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Because Miiverse is everyone, right?

lol we understand

I thought Sakurai didn't understood English. iirc he goes to Japanese Miiverse and not the cancer polluted English Miiverse.

English Miiverse is about as stupid and nonsensical as the PSASBR community. And I'll leave it at that |:

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Considering that the Japanese Mii Fighters trailer has their own Miiverse character over Ice-T, I wouldn't give them too much credit.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Have we talked about possible custom moves for Mewtwo yet? Maybe we have, but I'd like to post a few ideas for what I believe might be some good choices. Feel free to add on/changes some of my brainstorming.

This is, assuming the most of Mewtwo's in and his moveset stays the same for the most part.

Up- B: Teleport - Allows Mewtwo to disappear from view only to reappear shortly afterwards some distance away. Attacks could be used afterwards, since Teleport doesn't do damage.
Burst Teleport - (I had some trouble coming up with different moves for Teleport) Gives Mewtwo two teleports that act similar to Pikachu's quick attack. Can move in one direction and then another.
Shadow Force - (I know it's not a move that Mewtwo can learn, but it fits the description.) Mewtwo disappears from view and the reappears in a burst of dark energy. Put into a helpless state afterwards.

Neutral-B: Shadow Ball - Mewtwo's signature move of Smash Bros. The move causes little damage, but a large amount of knock back on hit.
Psystrike - A burst of psychic energy that packs a punch. Can't be charged, but deals a good amount of damage.
Swift - Mewtwo sends a few stars out at his foes. They seek out targets, but are they can be avoid using the environment. They also do little damage and barely make the enemy flinch.
(For fun)Electro Ball - Mewtwo can charge an orb of electricity. Travels a short distance but paralyzes enemies who come in contact.

Side-B: Confusion - A command grab. Short distances, but lifts the opponent in the air for additional combos.
Psycho Cut: Gets rid of the ability to grab opponents, but a very good kill move at high percentages. That, or make it break shields pretty easy.

Down-B: (I have changed the property of this move to hit both sides of Mewtwo for more options. Don't hate me.)
Disable - Causes enemies within a certain range from Mewtwo (let's say a small dome) to become dazed. Airborne opponents will be thrown down.
Barrier - A small barrier around Mewtwo that reflects projectiles. Can be broken if sustained too long.
Psychic - An attack that knocks an opponent back the closer they are to Mewtwo. Doesn't deal any damage.

What's everyone think? Too soon to come up with some different move ideas?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Have we talked about possible custom moves for Mewtwo yet? Maybe we have, but I'd like to post a few ideas for what I believe might be some good choices. Feel free to add on/changes some of my brainstorming.
Right on, I don't think the topic's been discussed enough so thanks for posting this.

This is, assuming the most of Mewtwo's in and his moveset stays the same for the most part.

Up- B: Teleport - Allows Mewtwo to disappear from view only to reappear shortly afterwards some distance away. Attacks could be used afterwards, since Teleport doesn't do damage.
Burst Teleport - Gives Mewtwo two teleports that act similar to Pikachu's quick attack. Can move in one direction and then another.
Nice, I think I'd rather call it Rapid Teleport but hey it's your move name I liked it regardless, I'd probably add in there that the teleports combined would equal out the total distance of your regular Teleport, maybe you meant to put that info in but that's how I'd roll.
Shadow Force - (I know it's not a move that Mewtwo can learn, but it fits the description. Sakurai's known for putting in moves the character doesn't necessarily know or use so it's cool!) Mewtwo disappears from view and the reappears in a burst of dark energy. Put into a helpless state afterwards.
Nice I approve of a customized UpB option that gives Mewtwo a hit-box, you think or agree this move could be held charging to have a longer blink distance & explosive hit-box after reappearing?

Neutral-B: Shadow Ball - Mewtwo's signature move of Smash Bros. The move causes little damage, but a large amount of knock back on hit.
Do you still approve of the push-back recoil Mewtwo had from launching SB? Maybe we want a longer-distance slide so we can pivot SB for extra distance. Utility comes in any form out of a usage for it.
Psystrike - A burst of psychic energy that packs a punch. Can't be charged, but deals a good amount of damage.
How would this move look like? I searched up Psystrike & found a video of Mewtwo sending purple shards towards the foe. Maybe I need more explanation on what you mean.
Swift - Mewtwo sends a few stars out at his foes. They seek out targets, but are they can be avoid using the environment. They also do little damage and barely make the enemy flinch.
Swift sounds like a fun idea, it's not iconic but it's a move that every level 70 Mewtwo knows upon capturing it I approve.
(For fun)Electro Ball - Mewtwo can charge an orb of electricity. Travels a short distance but paralyzes enemies who come in contact.
How about if Mewtwo just gets a choice to use multiple elemental sphere attacks with their varied effects, like his known Shadow Ball, your Electro Ball, Mist Ball, Weather Ball, Ice Ball, & Energy Ball xD.

Side-B: Confusion - A command grab. Short distances, but lifts the opponent in the air for additional combos.
Psycho Cut: Gets rid of the ability to grab opponents, but a very good kill move at high percentages. That, or make it break shields pretty easy.
Thanks for throwing in the idea of being a shield poke/breaking move, we need more moves like this & would love it on Mewtwo.
For another idea for a Side-B it could be for fun is a random Spoon combo with telekinesis if desired.

Down-B: (I have changed the property of this move to hit both sides of Mewtwo for more options. Don't hate me.)
Disable - Causes enemies within a certain range from Mewtwo (let's say a small dome) to become dazed. Airborne opponents will be thrown down.
*Instantly likes you for this tweaked idea including the aerial usage it can do & wonders why anyone would hate you for this*
Barrier - A small barrier around Mewtwo that reflects projectiles. Can be broken if sustained too long.
I feel for giving Mewtwo a reflecting move, for the customized balancing sake, Mewtwo can reflect too! Would the reflect deal set-flat knock-back & %damage or would there be a multiplier count, & would the speed be 2x faster reflected or?
Psychic - An attack that knocks an opponent back the closer they are to Mewtwo. Doesn't deal any damage.
If like you said you're giving these DownB moves a dome hit-box area then this move would be pretty sweet as well. Frame advantage could be applied giving Mewtwo guaranteed stage control with this move pushing off ledge-hangers getting back on stage. I LIKE IT<3
What's everyone think? Too soon to come up with some different move ideas?
Replies are in the quote. I think your customized ideas are fan****ingtastic, It's never too soon:shades:.Thanks for Posting~

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Impale his opponents with it, of course.

Interesting. Is this why we saw Deoxys as a pokeball summon ever since SSBBrawl? And he was also a pokeball summon in the Greninja trailer. . .Mewtwo is not only impaling spoons in rivals but bullying them de-confirming them in the process. First Captain Falcon now this theory? @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A get on it!

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I strongly want Mewtwo to have a pyschic pulse attack. It would function like Future Gohan's "Spirit Shot" from Shin Budokai. A quick, powerful, telekinetic burst which would send anything away without relying on damage. It could be an orb-like pulse instead, though. Mewtwo should also, like many posters stated, a psychic barrier. The barrier could stay around Mewtwo throughout the match until a projectile or two hits the barrier.

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Recover probably would not be a fun move to use. It would probably be only their to act as a practical ability to use as enemies approach. I would prefer an ability which is fun to use. Perhaps one of Mewtwo's new taunts could heal 2% per use.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I had a dream the other night that Mewtwo was announced and I was so happy. Then I woke up, sad and alone. Just like Mewtwo...

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
If Mewtwo does return, would his move set possibly be changed? I find it kind of odd that Mewtwo uses moves like Disable and Confusion. I feel the most powerful psychic type Pokemon could at least use Psychic.

Of course, if he comes back with his old moveset and he plays like his Project M counterpart, then awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom