• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i can point out

But i think todays potd helps a male and female voice mewtwo (in male and female varients wise.)

That sounds like theres a good ahot we will get both voiced mewtwos in smash 4 if hes coming back (which is likely)

I mean if you look at shetwo and himtwo

Hard to tell but i believe there are alight differences in they're bodies.

So mewtwo may have a male and female variants like robin and wii fit trainer and villager.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
The chests, fingers, and face differ quite a bit. I'd be down for SSBM/First Movie Mewtwo being the face of Smash 4, while Femtwo is an alternate costume.

It'd be really cool if they gave the two exclusive Megas as Final Smashes - Megatwo X on regular Mewtwo, Megatwo Y on Femtwo - to differ from Charizard (Final Smash, who will likely not use his Megazard Y form at all), and Lucario (whom some speculate will Mega Evolve upon reaching his peak % and keep his regular Final Smash from SSBB).

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So supposedly CoroCoro all characters and stages for Smash Bros 3DS on August 12. Back in 2007 they also reveled Brawl entire roster. I hope this is true and they revel both Mewtwo and Solid Snake I would one happy man! Just take this with a grain of salt. http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/1...-reportedly-revealed-in-next-months-corocoro/
I want to make a Metal Gear joke but I can't find anything :/

My main beef is if this is before or after the Direct. Revealing Mewtwo, for instance, in a magazine, would still be awesome, but it'd kill a lot of the hype since you know what's coming.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Fem mewtwo is a really long stretch guys. The shulk boards suspect Mewtwo might be revealed together with Ness and Shulk in a newcomer video because they all have some sort of psychic powers. Thoughts on that?

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Wasted opportunity making Lucina her own slot... Well moving on...

The CoroCoro roster reveal last time had the characters we already knew (no hidden or secret chars) so I wouldn't really take their word for it again.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
"Ingoro, post: 17076363, member: 87606"]Fem mewtwo is a really long stretch guys. The shulk boards suspect Mewtwo might be revealed together with Ness and Shulk in a newcomer video because they all have some sort of psychic powers. Thoughts on that?
I can't deny it's possible. I mean, they have more in common with each other than Robin and Lucina have to Captain Falcon, so it's possible.

"Smashoperatingbuddy123, post: 17075814, member: 221985"]Well i can point out

But i think todays potd helps a male and female voice mewtwo (in male and female varients wise.)

That sounds like theres a good ahot we will get both voiced mewtwos in smash 4 if hes coming back (which is likely)

I mean if you look at shetwo and himtwo

Hard to tell but i believe there are alight differences in they're bodies.

So mewtwo may have a male and female variants like robin and wii fit trainer and villager.
I don't know about that. I think the differences between the original Mewtwo and the new one are probably the result of Mewtwo being drawn differently over time. I wouldn't say it's the same thing as Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, or Robin.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Fem mewtwo is a really long stretch guys. The shulk boards suspect Mewtwo might be revealed together with Ness and Shulk in a newcomer video because they all have some sort of psychic powers. Thoughts on that?
That'd be a cool idea, a psychic battle sounds like the most epic thing they could show. If they did I wonder what graphic style or theme they'd use... I guess plain CGI since there isn't any defining style for any of them.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
That'd be a cool idea, a psychic battle sounds like the most epic thing they could show. If they did I wonder what graphic style or theme they'd use... I guess plain CGI since there isn't any defining style for any of them.
A battle Between Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, and several characters in the style of this trailer would be epic.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I have loved that intro ever since I played Play Station All-Stars Battle Royale. That would be a great way to up the hype.
Haven't played it yet....I pretty much sold my soul to afford a really high end PC :p But the visual style, along with the song "Madeon-Finale" just fits so well, It would be beautiful, and the perfect way to introduce mewtwo. Having the dark setup, with mewtwos shaded figure, and glowing purple eyes/hands!

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
A battle Between Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, and several characters in the style of this trailer would be epic.
As epic as that intro was... Then we'd hear silly arguments from Sony fans saying Nintendo stole from their idea smh.

Here's another idea. Remember the Street Fighter X Tekken video? Where their attacks turned to paint, with Namco working on Smash, maybe?

Edit: Anyone wondering what video I'm talking about here's a 2 minute compilation of them.

The original trailer.

And the Jin/M. Bison trailer

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
As epic as that intro was... Then we'd hear silly arguments from Sony fans saying Nintendo stole from their idea smh.

Here's another idea. Remember the Street Fighter X Tekken video? Where their attacks turned to paint, with Namco working on Smash, maybe?
The irony in that though is so funny, and realistically, they already did steal from sonys marketing strategies once before....

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
The irony in that though is so funny, and realistically, they already did steal from sonys marketing strategies once before....
Lol I never knew that XD but PS All Stars was basically bootleg Smash so for them to take from that adds fuel to the fire.

Steelia

Smash Champion
You know, this just proves they can get away with things like this.
hahah. Hope no one forgot about this:

(hint: look at the tags)

On the subject of a reveal video, if Mewtwo is the main focus of the vid, I could see it being an anime introduction video much like Palutena's, with the animators of the main show (or Pokemon: The Origin) doing the honors.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
There is a Femtwo? They look the same, like someone else said, they probably looked a little different because of art style. I can't imagine they'd make a character and let you choose an alternate voice but keep the same look, that is just silly.

Besides changing the game's language to japanese to get different voices.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I don't think a Mewtwo with a different voice warrants an alternate on the same level as Robin or Wii Fit Trainer...

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
On the subject of a reveal video, if Mewtwo is the main focus of the vid, I could see it being an anime introduction video much like Palutena's, with the animators of the main show (or Pokemon: The Origin) doing the honors.
Please please please pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let it be Origin's animators! So much better than the regular anime's animation (imo).

But yeah an anime style trailer would be great! I loved that part of Palutena's trailer. I wouldn't mind a CGI style trailer, either.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

I don't think he follows the movies exactly. To me at least, Charizard kinda came off as antagonistic in Greninja's reveal trailer.

I know this post was from a while ago but I'll make a point about it. Captain Falcon seemed antagonistic in the Fire Emblem trailer, but is he a villain? Of course not! The exact same thing goes for Charizard. They made him act like an antagonist but he isn't! We still don't have a pokemon villain so that is a big reason why Mewtwo should be in.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
hahah. Hope no one forgot about this:

(hint: look at the tags)

If Sakurai gives us another swerve like he did with the Super Smash Kart/Air Ride 2 thing for like an anime special only to be a Sm4sh trailer? Hype!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So it seems were betting on a potd psychic or villain trailer...I want a villain trailer!Revealing Wolf,Bowser Jr,Gannondorf,King K Rool,Ridley and Mewtwo.Falco,Shulk,Jigglypuff,Dark Pit,Ness,Snake,R.O.B and Ghiriham are secret characters.

Giving:
Mario Pokemon Zelda:6
Starfox Metroid DK KI:3
Xenoblade:1

52 Characters!​

Last edited:

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
I want a villain trailer!Revealing Wolf,Bowser Jr,Gannondorf,King K Rool,Ridley and Mewtwo.​
I think a 6 character reveal might be too much at once XD. While Nintendo certainly wants to keep the hype up, I don't think they want to burn it all up at once. With only two months left, we will probably see more veteran reveals via PotD with one or two newcomer videos, even then I feel like some characters will not be revealed until the bitter end (japan's launch day, or maybe right before).

If mewtwo is in, I don't anticipate seeing him in the next reveal, whenever that may be. If fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he was right at the end, or a secret character (if there are any).

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yeah, that's what happened. They said the exact same thing too, saying they'd introduce "all the chars from SSBB". Quite a ploy just to sell a few extra copies! >:v

However...
Apparently there will be a separate strategy guide released alongside this issue of CoroCoro that will be detailing the characters and stages. So maybe there's more truth to this this time around...
Ooo strategy guide from who?

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
At most if there was a villains trailer, I think we'd see 4 characters only, 5 would be pushing it. Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, and Ganondorf should be in it. They are 4 of the main series' villains and would only make sense since two are veterans most likely rehashed and the other two are newcomers.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
At most if there was a villains trailer, I think we'd see 4 characters only, 5 would be pushing it. Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, and Ganondorf should be in it. They are 4 of the main series' villains and would only make sense since two are veterans most likely rehashed and the other two are newcomers.
I can see them doing it with Meta Knight instead of K. Rool, mainly because they usually do one main reveal at a time. Lucina herself was a clone so it's not a complete newcomer. And Meta Knight fits the "dark" theme better I think, even though he's not a complete villain (like Mewtwo.)

Holy wow, can you imagine Mewtwo and Ridely battling in a 3D animation reveal trailer?

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I can see them doing it with Meta Knight instead of K. Rool, mainly because they usually do one main reveal at a time. Lucina herself was a clone so it's not a complete newcomer. And Meta Knight fits the "dark" theme better I think, even though he's not a complete villain (like Mewtwo.)

Holy wow, can you imagine Mewtwo and Ridley battling in a 3D animation reveal trailer?
You are definitely right MK would fit in perfectly (And Sakurai's bias). If K. Rool were to ever make it in, he would probably be a secret character. A villains trailer is just to good of an idea for it not to be done!

Picture MK flying around and Ridley popping out of nowhere grabbing him, beginning a fight between them? Another scene with Ganondorf fighting Mewtwo with his new sword while Mewtwo dodges everything? And they keep fighting till MK and Ridley land on top of them commencing the ultimate showdown?

GET TO IT SAKURAI!!!!!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well reminder

The win is from yesterday is because mewtwo has a even better shot now due to 4 fire emblem characters thats overkill so if fire emblem can get 4 why not 6 for pokemon.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Obligatory character limits are stupid anyway...
I agree,no one said how many each franchise can have.I just wanted to make it even so we don't have people saying Sakurai bias and other dumb things(He is pretty biased though.).So a trailer with MK,Ridley,M2 and Ganondorf sounds awesome!They can even reveal cerulean cave as a stage!Go Sakurai make it happen now!

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
You are definitely right MK would fit in perfectly (And Sakurai's bias). If K. Rool were to ever make it in, he would probably be a secret character. A villains trailer is just to good of an idea for it not to be done!

Picture MK flying around and Ridley popping out of nowhere grabbing him, beginning a fight between them? Another scene with Ganondorf fighting Mewtwo with his new sword while Mewtwo dodges everything? And they keep fighting till MK and Ridley land on top of them commencing the ultimate showdown?

GET TO IT SAKURAI!!!!!
Hahaha. That would be awesome. My version would be:

The trailer starts mid battle at night in a place where there are ruins (of Hyrule maybe.) Lots of chaos. Then boom! Smoke. Ganondorf steps out. Ganondorf revealed. He does an attack stance and charges at someone. Then bam. Meta Knight revealed. There's a fast paced fight between the two that leads them towards a cliff then some shadow balls bombard the two while they both block them. Smoke, then Mewtwo enters. Mewtwo revealed. Ganondorf and Meta Knight attacks then Mewtwo uses his TK to deflect the two and sends them flying. Insert Mewtwo moveset preview. Mewtwo looking content, there's a loud roar in the back as Ridley flies up the side of the cliff and overshadows Mewtwo. Ridley revealed. Ridley shoots fireballs at Mewtwo and he dodges them with teleportation, then teleports at a distance to launch shadowballs at Ridley and the two take flight. There's a chaotic areal battle in the clouds, you see Ridley grabbing Mewtwo and Mewtwo teleporting out. Ridley tail whips Mewtwo and gets hit, then Ridley shoots a fireball to finish the job. Insert Ridley moveset preview. Mewtwo seems defeated when he comes back as Mega Mewtwo Y and fires a psystrike at Ridley and Ridley falls into the clouds. Mewtwo flies down to the ground, Ganondorf and Meta Knight appears in a "the fight isn't over yet" way, all three are looking at each other, ready to fight, and Ridley, revealing he wasn't defeated, steps in and they all attack. Then it blanks out.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Agreed. I don't feel that Wario and Meta-Knight fit in with a villain trailer, as they're more of anti-heroes / anti-villains.

Anti-Villain Definition:
The converse of an anti-hero (i.e., a protagonist who isn't purely good or heroic), an anti-villain is an antagonist who isn't purely evil nor entirely unsympathetic -- a character who doesn't seem to deserve being cast as the villain, perhaps cast arbitrarily as the villain because they are not the focus of the story but merely present a foil to the central figure, who may be an anti-hero protagonist. Cf. scapegoat.

Anti-Hero Definition:
An anti-hero is a flawed hero, and therfore, much more intresting then the more traditional heros. They can be working on the side of good, but with a tradic flaw, or a horrible past, or for reasons that are selfish and not intirely "pure". They can also be working for the side of evil, but with hidden noble intentions, or other underlying complexities. These darker heros can be jerks, pathetic, hard, jaded, or mean. However, all anti-heros must have enought heroic qualitys, intentions, or strenth (physical including attracktivness or mental) to somehow gain the sympathy of the audiance.

Both of these definitions mostly (c'mon, it's Nintendo) fit Meta-Knight and Wario. Both have been both heroes and villains enough times to the point where I don't see them as mainstream villains.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
That'd be sick! @ ORVO5 ORVO5 I think we should calm ourselves tho because I'm pretty sure we'll be letdown somehow lol

Agreed. I don't feel that Wario and Meta-Knight fit in with a villain trailer, as they're more of anti-heroes / anti-villains.

Anti-Villain Definition:
The converse of an anti-hero (i.e., a protagonist who isn't purely good or heroic), an anti-villain is an antagonist who isn't purely evil nor entirely unsympathetic -- a character who doesn't seem to deserve being cast as the villain, perhaps cast arbitrarily as the villain because they are not the focus of the story but merely present a foil to the central figure, who may be an anti-hero protagonist. Cf. scapegoat.

Anti-Hero Definition:
An anti-hero is a flawed hero, and therfore, much more intresting then the more traditional heros. They can be working on the side of good, but with a tradic flaw, or a horrible past, or for reasons that are selfish and not intirely "pure". They can also be working for the side of evil, but with hidden noble intentions, or other underlying complexities. These darker heros can be jerks, pathetic, hard, jaded, or mean. However, all anti-heros must have enought heroic qualitys, intentions, or strenth (physical including attracktivness or mental) to somehow gain the sympathy of the audiance.

Both of these definitions mostly (c'mon, it's Nintendo) fit Meta-Knight and Wario. Both have been both heroes and villains enough times to the point where I don't see them as mainstream villains.
I see your point, but a definition won't stop Sakurai from including one of his own characters in what could be the most hype trailer ever made :grin: we cannot trust this man! Maybe sneak Bowser in there instead of MK so it'll be the big baddies trailer? I'd be cool with any version of it as long as they do it honestly.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Is Mewtwo even considered a true villain anymore? It just sits in a cave in the games waiting for you to catch it. Also, I don't think Ridley will be playable.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Hahaha. That would be awesome. My version would be:

The trailer starts mid battle at night in a place where there are ruins (of Hyrule maybe.) Lots of chaos. Then boom! Smoke. Ganondorf steps out. Ganondorf revealed. He does an attack stance and charges at someone. Then bam. Meta Knight revealed. There's a fast paced fight between the two that leads them towards a cliff then some shadow balls bombard the two while they both block them. Smoke, then Mewtwo enters. Mewtwo revealed. Ganondorf and Meta Knight attacks then Mewtwo uses his TK to deflect the two and sends them flying. Insert Mewtwo moveset preview. Mewtwo looking content, there's a loud roar in the back as Ridley flies up the side of the cliff and overshadows Mewtwo. Ridley revealed. Ridley shoots fireballs at Mewtwo and he dodges them with teleportation, then teleports at a distance to launch shadowballs at Ridley and the two take flight. There's a chaotic areal battle in the clouds, you see Ridley grabbing Mewtwo and Mewtwo teleporting out. Ridley tail whips Mewtwo and gets hit, then Ridley shoots a fireball to finish the job. Insert Ridley moveset preview. Mewtwo seems defeated when he comes back as Mega Mewtwo Y and fires a psystrike at Ridley and Ridley falls into the clouds. Mewtwo flies down to the ground, Ganondorf and Meta Knight appears in a "the fight isn't over yet" way, all three are looking at each other, ready to fight, and Ridley, revealing he wasn't defeated, steps in and they all attack. Then it blanks out.
As for these ruins, why not have it be one of the destroyed places (or namesake, The Ruins) from the Subspace Emissary? A nice nod to Brawl, and Master Hand was in the 3DS trailer for smash 4, so maybe work him in somehow.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Random thought, but since that Chrom troll, it kind of scared me that the Mewtwo troll (Greninja's shadow) meant he was deconfirmed. Then I got to thinking. If he wasn't a PC, wouldn't he deconfirm it right away (or deconfirmed it by now) instead of leaving us with an intentional tease?

It reminded me of the Smash Direct Ridley boss reveal where they showed Ridley's shadow yet it's not attacking Pikachu like a stage hazard boss would. Up til now we haven't seen a confirmed image of Ridley as a boss on Pyrosphere. Obviously I'm hoping both characters to be playable, lol. :p

As for these ruins, why not have it be one of the destroyed places (or namesake, The Ruins) from the Subspace Emissary? A nice nod to Brawl, and Master Hand was in the 3DS trailer for smash 4, so maybe work him in somehow.
That would be awesome!!!

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
*Sigh don't remind me of the Chrom troll man... that was brutal for me. Even though it was very negative, I don't think it was aimed to the Chrom fanbase, it was just a knock at all the "leaks". It's safe to say that everyone thought the Greninja shadow was Mewtwo at first glance, but the situation was way more different than Chrom's since we actually saw him in the trailer. It's up in the air for now, but I think its safe to say they are the two most probable characters of getting in at this point along with Shulk.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I agree,no one said how many each franchise can have.I just wanted to make it even so we don't have people saying Sakurai bias and other dumb things(He is pretty biased though.).So a trailer with MK,Ridley,M2 and Ganondorf sounds awesome!They can even reveal cerulean cave as a stage!Go Sakurai make it happen now!
I think that mountain zone where the megaman and greninja trailer was might be a stage

Resembling cerulean cave.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think that mountain zone where the megaman and greninja trailer was might be a stage

Resembling cerulean cave.
I love the idea of the mountain stage, there's a lot if could have. Maybe even a day/night cycle.

I personally would be against Cerulean Cave, though. The cave hasn't made an in-game appearance for 4-5 years (Origins doesn't count, it isn't a game). If Sakurai is picking stages based on relevancy, Unknown Dungeon or Pokemon Village would be more likely as a home for Mewtwo. I don't particularly want these stages, but I think Pokemon Village would be interesting. You could have any of those Pokemon be stage hazards like in the Saffron City stage but from both sides. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom