• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
They're just Mewtwo haters. You know how pathetic Mewtwo haters are.
Amen.

Don't pay heed to their opinions. Just stand true to your ideal characters to make the roster. There were the Chrom fans who denounced Ike by the whole "Marth & most recent lord" argument but I didn't take it for granted as Ike got two games and got a descendant in Awakening, come May and look who was confirmed.

Fastfoward to July and just when I was going to give up on Lucina, look at what happened, she got in and Chrom was reduced to a Final Smash.

I feel justified in my stance for Mewtwo and if I stay true to them, Mewtwo will return, I'm three for three and have no intention of losing hope for my dream characters.

Mewtwo haters are more immature than Mewtwo fans (from what I've seen).

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I love the idea of the mountain stage, there's a lot if could have. Maybe even a day/night cycle.

I personally would be against Cerulean Cave, though. The cave hasn't made an in-game appearance for 4-5 years (Origins doesn't count, it isn't a game). If Sakurai is picking stages based on relevancy, Unknown Dungeon or Pokemon Village would be more likely as a home for Mewtwo. I don't particularly want these stages, but I think Pokemon Village would be interesting. You could have any of those Pokemon be stage hazards like in the Saffron City stage but from both sides. Thoughts?

I actually suggested this in a comment way back in this thread. You are more creative with this idea though.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I actually suggested this in a comment way back in this thread. You are more creative with this idea though.
Thanks! Also, sorry, I hadn't read all 80 pages prior to me joining...

EDIT: About that Falcon Punch last page:

Sorry, no dub exists (to my knowing).

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I believe you guys mentioned a Poketopia stage already. I would absolutely love that as a stage. The first area on the water would be great because the boats could sail by as extra platforms while the Pokemon currently battling would hit you with their moves.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I believe you guys mentioned a Poketopia stage already. I would absolutely love that as a stage. The first area on the water would be great because the boats could sail by as extra platforms while the Pokemon currently battling would hit you with their moves.
Would you suggest having it go to the different arenas randomly? Maybe take you on a boat as the whole "get on the platform" part.
What do you think could be hazards for the multiple arenas?

EDIT: An idea came to me. What if (as DLC) there was a stage that took you through the major legendary encounter locations of each region? Or a boat that took you to all of the islands containing legendaries (Hoenn, Sevii, and the two in Sinnoh)?

Last edited:

Xauric

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xauric
Isn't pokemon xy the best selling game ever on 3ds?Pokemon can have more reps than Mario.
It is, but Fire Emblem Awakening outranks it as far as ratings are concerned. It's one of the highest rated games on the 3DS, next to Cave Story, Shovel Knight, and Ocarina of Time.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Really?! I never unlocked Venusaur :p

Here's what I'm hoping will happen in the near future, and quiet the whole rep thing once and for all... Our ultimate trump card: Revealing Dr. Mario.
Sakurai has expressed disinterest in making Doc an alt for Mario in the past, because it "wouldn't look right to see Doc not throwing his pills". After the reveal of Lucina, I'm almost confident this was intentional to get people more comfortable with the idea of clones (and for Sakurai to give his reasons as to what justifies making an alternate costume into a separate character). This would also explain why we already have 5 Mario reps revealed. Surely there has to be at least one more surprise under the Mario franchise that has yet to be revealed!

Those are just my thoughts. But if people really are worried about Pokemon surpassing Mario in terms of reps (which they really shouldn't), adding Doc would silence that worry. People weren't expecting FE to get over 3 representatives this game. Sakurai truly is full of surprises...
My biggest issue with Dr. Mario being his own character is that...well, that is Mario. Project M has proven that a pill can be used as a fireball, but still be a costume under Mario, so I don't think it's an excuse when it comes to making Dr. Mario his own character. Not that I want to go against something that might help confirm Mewtwo. But, we could still get another Mario rep that would help Mewtwo's cause. I wouldn't mind seeing Bowser Jr. or someone else like Daisy or Captain Toad...weird that we haven't even seen Bowser Jr. as an assist trophy. Is he really not that well known?

Going back a little bit, I guess if don't get a new Pokemon Stadium it would be alright. As long as we get Pokemon Stadium 2 as a retro stage for WiiU and Pokemon Stadium on the 3DS. I enjoy those stages so I wouldn't want to be without them.

Last edited:

AldoPKMaster

Smash Rookie
I wish they made a Mt. Moon stage or some other cave where there are random swarms of Zubats attacking the players and Geodudes falling from the ceiling. Idk at least Mt. Moon would be the ideal stage for both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff since they are close neighbours in Kanto.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
My biggest issue with Dr. Mario being his own character is that...well, that is Mario. Project M has proven that a pill can be used as a fireball, but still be a costume under Mario, so I don't think it's an excuse when it comes to making Dr. Mario his own character. Not that I want to go against something that might help confirm Mewtwo. But, we could still get another Mario rep that would help Mewtwo's cause. I wouldn't mind seeing Bowser Jr. or someone else like Daisy or Captain Toad...weird that we haven't even seen Bowser Jr. as an assist trophy. Is he really not that well known?

Going back a little bit, I guess if don't get a new Pokemon Stadium it would be alright. As long as we get Pokemon Stadium 2 as a retro stage for WiiU and Pokemon Stadium on the 3DS. I enjoy those stages so I wouldn't want to be without them.
Now that you bring it up, I see a slight issue with a Dr Mario alt, and that is custom specials. Mario has a regular, fast, and huge fireball. Would that be a speedy pill and a giants spinning pill?

Bowser Jr would be a better AT than PC. I used to think differently, but then the Koopalings appeared in NSMB:Wii, and then returned in NSMB2, and then NSMBU, so I've given up hope for Bowser Jr. The NSMB series was the one thing he had running for him (aside from Sunshine). I can just see him better as an Assist, maybe even the other Koopalings, but that's going a bit overboard on the Mario Assists.

I've already stated my opinions on another Pokemon Stadium. I don't want a Pokemon Stadium 3 stage, I want a Poketopia stage that does nearly the same thing. The arenas are really good looking in PBR. Like seriously, you all need to see them (and imagine them in glorious HD) so click here and look at them if you haven't seen them.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Sorry to keep bringing Poketopia up, but just imagine this in HD:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
As lovely as PBR was, it wasn't a very well received game, and even I didn't like it that much. Much to my sadness, it was not the Pokemon Stadium 3 I was hopping it to be...

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
If there was going to be some PBR representation, the music has to be mentioned. Man I miss that game.

Ditto man, even tho it didn't have a story mode the atmosphere, theme and design was amazing. And it also had its own unique music style for the regular pokemon songs! Thanks for that nostalgia bomb.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Now that you bring it up, I see a slight issue with a Dr Mario alt, and that is custom specials. Mario has a regular, fast, and huge fireball. Would that be a speedy pill and a giants spinning pill?

Bowser Jr would be a better AT than PC. I used to think differently, but then the Koopalings appeared in NSMB:Wii, and then returned in NSMB2, and then NSMBU, so I've given up hope for Bowser Jr. The NSMB series was the one thing he had running for him (aside from Sunshine). I can just see him better as an Assist, maybe even the other Koopalings, but that's going a bit overboard on the Mario Assists.

I've already stated my opinions on another Pokemon Stadium. I don't want a Pokemon Stadium 3 stage, I want a Poketopia stage that does nearly the same thing. The arenas are really good looking in PBR. Like seriously, you all need to see them (and imagine them in glorious HD) so click here and look at them if you haven't seen them.
I wouldn't see why it couldn't work with custom moves. Maybe I'm not viewing it the right way though. I mean it would look a little quirk for a speedy pill to just fly across the stage and hit the enemy, but I believe you could change how fast the pill dropped in Dr. Mario by holding down to speed it up, or holding up to slow it down. (Doesn't explain why the pills changes size, but eh.)

I wasn't bring up the Pokemon Stadium stage specifically to you, so I apologize if I annoyed you a bit. I can definitely see how a 3 would be redundant, I was just try to bring up the we will have retro stages this time around and I wouldn't mind seeing at least one of the stadiums make it back. Poketopia looks pretty cool from the picture you've shown and I would welcome it as a new stage.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
With all the evidence and the huge outcry for him mewtwo is very likely to get in! and if he dosent it will be one of the worst decisions sakurai has ever made

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo will be in, especially since we've just got an actual statement from him openly declaring why he made the decisions he made for Robin and Lucina. Mewtwo will easily fall into the same category, there is no longer any need to worry about him making the cut, he will be there.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo will be in, especially since we've just got an actual statement from him openly declaring why he made the decisions he made for Robin and Lucina. Mewtwo will easily fall into the same category, there is no longer any need to worry about him making the cut, he will be there.
Really we did? Could you please link the quote

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Tommorow is Mewtwos anniversary!C'mon mewtwo reveal!(I know it won't happen...)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
One can dream, lol. We'll find out soon. 57 or so days until the 3DS release, and I'm sure we'll get the full roster before then.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I don't really see how the article improves Mewtwo's chances.

If anything, it makes me hope that Ganondorf can stray away from Captain Falcon. Robin is more or less what Ganondorf wants to be.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman

If anything, it makes me hope that Ganondorf can stray away from Captain Falcon. Robin is more or less what Ganondorf wants to be.
Ahahahah that would be good! the less clones the better! but i would prefer ghirhaim, midna or skull kid over ganon but skull kid and midna have been deconfimed :(

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Ahahahah that would be good! the less clones the better! but i would prefer ghirhaim, midna or skull kid over ganon but skull kid and midna have been deconfimed :(
pls ;-;

You're forgetting the only other recurring Zelda villain and the perfect enemy for Toon Link (like how Link has Ganon)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

And now, suddenly, Ganondorf becomes a clone of Robin.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I saw the interview of why robin and lucina are playable.

I don't understand how it helps mewtwo can someone explain?
Well, one thing I think it does is damage the "slot" argument. Lucina was apparently developed as an alternate skin for Marth, but eventually they decided to give her a few unique traits and make her into her own separate character. There's no indication that they had the number of roster slots in mind when making that decision; they just saw a good chance to add another character to the roster, and they took it. It doesn't seem like Sakurai cared about how many "slots" Fire Emblem had or how that compared to the other series, or that adding Lucina would increase the total roster size by one. If any of that stuff mattered, as some Mewtwo detractors would argue, they never would have considered making Lucina her own character; she would have remained in the same slot as Marth in the form of an alternate costume.

In other words, it's likely that they wouldn't be thinking about the total number of slots Pokemon had if they were considering returning Mewtwo. Sakurai doesn't think in terms of slots; he thinks in terms of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom