• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Facebook Groups (LINKS)

MT_

Smash Ace
not sure what i'm gonna do with texas

ya'll have like 10 groups all with 50 people, and i'm sure most people are in lots of the groups

how about u guys give me the top 3 lol
There are probably ~10-15 people that are in every city's group, so that leaves ~35 unique people per group. Texas is such a ridiculously huge place that the cities don't get to play with each other often because of the large travel time between cities (which is more or less equivalent to travel times between states in some areas). In actuality, the general Texas group is probably the least active among all the groups as most of us are more focused in our respective cities.

If you had to have a top 3, then I would say that Houston, Dallas, and Austin would be the three cities to pick but those 3 cities have also had literally 0 interaction with the South Texas group that I wouldn't be able to judge how big they are compared to the rest of us. I think it's fair that all of the groups are listed. In many cases, those groups encompass more than just the city mentioned (Houston includes Galveston, Dallas includes Forth Worth, etc).

Lovage

Smash Hero
it's up to you guys, choose what groups you want highlighted for the public, just be honest and if there are inactive/lame groups omit them plz

is there a dallas group?

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
If you had to have a top 3, then I would say that Houston, Dallas, and Austin would be the three cities to pick but those 3 cities have also had literally 0 interaction with the South Texas group that I wouldn't be able to judge how big they are compared to the rest of us. I think it's fair that all of the groups are listed. In many cases, those groups encompass more than just the city mentioned (Houston includes Galveston, Dallas includes Forth Worth, etc).
Well almost no interaction >_>. I'm pretty much the only one from my group that has attempted to interact with the Texas other groups. And I agree with MT_ that it would be fair to list all of the groups at least since most of them have unique players exclusive to their groups and they're mainly focused on their areas.

There is a Dallas group, I was going to post it earlier but decided to wait if someone from their group wanted to post it. Here's theirs.
Dallas/Fort Worth
http://www.facebook.com/groups/350398944989752/

Noc

Smash Journeyman
it's up to you guys, choose what groups you want highlighted for the public, just be honest and if there are inactive/lame groups omit them plz
The most active TX melee groups are Austin, Houston, and Dallas-Fort Worth. I don't know much about the South Texas group, but they seem fairly active too.

Texas Melee mostly consists of people in the Texas Triangle, might be useful to list as a general TX group but optional.

Good thread idea btw.

LittleBoyLarry

Smash Journeyman
I wish I can "like" this thread..

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Here's a tip for all the groups out there: create a facebook document for all of your guys' phone numbers. Anyone can edit it anytime so everyone is able to add their's in.

:phone:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
he probably just hasn't looked at the thread in a while

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I just asked for a group request to NE Ohio. I actually live in Willowick, Ohio but thats just suburb of Cleveland so I do live here in Lake County and not Cuyahoga. Please accept me. I have been thirsty for a real challenge ever since I had to move from Kentucky away from my brother and other Smash friends. Melee is my favorite and always will be but up here all I've faced so far are scrubs claiming that im cheating if I wavedash or something. Im known as Brandon Mitchell Buie on Facebook and my mains are:
Link, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Bowser
My seconds are:
Young Link, Ganondorf, G & W, and Ness.
Im trying to master Sheik, Samus, and Peach.
I've always found the game more interesting to play if I use lower tiers. I know its because of the lousy competition I've been facing all these years and I'm glad I have a chance to play against higher caliber players up here in Ohio. Looking forward to getting my *** handed to me! XD

Top Bottom