• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I liked the days of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. The games got not very fun after SA2/SA2:B. ANY getting back on toppicc, weegee, any success yeetttt?
Dude...Look I agree with you completely. Though you think I have no proof it doesnt matter because its fixed right? So we can end this pointless rant and start over on the discussion at hand. So yea back on topic, no more off topic.

Like Mr.Weegee said, Tails texture error is different than Silvers so do we have any ideas what it could be? =/

Edit: Sorry if it seemed like I was being a douche but I really am trying to help regardless of how it looks to all of you.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Still working on it.

Silver's head works perfectly now that I took Suren's suggestion.

However, the costume keeps failing on me. It froze in-game (after horrible incidents), then after another try, it caused an error in Brawlbox.

...well, 3rd time's the charm!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Still working on it.

However, the costume keeps failing on me. It froze in-game (after horrible incidents), then after another try, it caused an error in Brawlbox.

Well Suren I applaud you. I appologize for doubting you.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Still working on it.

Best of luck Weegee. Sorry for all the trouble this is.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Well Suren I applaud you. I appologize for doubting you.
Hey its no big deal. Like I said, that rant was just a way to get everyones attention. Obviously sense Im a newer member I seen it as my comments being ignored due to everyone thinking i was a newb. No need to be sorry because i knew it would happen that I would get flammed but it did get some people attention.

LSDX

Wah!
I liked the days of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. The games got not very fun after SA2/SA2:B. ANY getting back on toppicc, weegee, any success yeetttt?
I suggest Sonic Unleashed for daytime levels. I am a huge retro *** when it comes to Sonic, and even I admit the daytime levels in Unleashed are pretty sick.

Also, I am getting hype'd for Sonic the Hedgehog 4! (yes, I call Project Needlemouse StH4, problem anyone?)

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I suggest Sonic Unleashed for daytime levels. I am a huge retro *** when it comes to Sonic, and even I admit the daytime levels in Unleashed are pretty sick.

Also, I am getting hype'd for Sonic the Hedgehog 4! (yes, I call Project Needlemouse StH4, problem anyone?)
No problem here. Im mostly a 2-D sonic gamer myself so yeah im really hyped aswell.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

Hellz yeee.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Froze again.

...does anyone know what polygons I should delete?

I got rid of 6, 10, 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, 26, and 28.

Maybe I'm getting rid of the wrong ones.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Then why do I find myself :laugh:'ing at your avatar?
Because I like looking like a newb =3 lol

No I just thought it looked cool. Minus how much that game really sucked that's all I really like about it. Just cuz I have a new age pic doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the oldies. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Froze again.

...does anyone know what polygons I should delete?

I got rid of 6, 10, 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, 26, and 28.

Maybe I'm getting rid of the wrong ones.
Hmm...I don't have any clue on this one...Last time you uploaded your file it froze on everyone else but me.

LSDX

Wah!
Because I like looking like a newb =3 lol

No I just thought it looked cool. Minus how much that game really sucked that's all I really like about it. Just cuz I have a new age pic doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the oldies. Don't judge a book by its cover.
It's hard not to judge every Sonic fan now n' days when more than half the fanbase is a furry. It sickens me...

Suren

Smash Journeyman
It's hard not to judge every Sonic fan now n' days when more than half the fanbase is a furry. It sickens me...
=/ I hate furries and being compared to one. I just really liked the armored Sonic and Silver, not to mention unleashed day time stages felt so amazing like going back to adventure and adventure 2 days...which the werehog ruined.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
...I have no idea what to do now. Perhaps someone else should do the polygon deleting, because it's fairly easy.

Hey, Weegeeeeee, hate to bug you, but, could you possibly attempt a Knuckles when you get the chance?
...I didn't see that post until now. Sorry if you thought I ignored you.

My only problem is that Knuckles has much less similarities to Sonic than Tails and Silver.He has the gloves, cleats, and head. And for each one of them, I'd have to make a separate GFX, which would make the file size too big.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
...I have no idea what to do now. Perhaps someone else should do the polygon deleting, because it's fairly easy.

...I didn't see that post until now. Sorry if you thought I ignored you.

My only problem is that Knuckles has much less similarities to Sonic than Tails and Silver.He has the gloves, cleats, and head. And for each one of them, I'd have to make a separate GFX, which would make the file size too big.
By making the file size too big you mean for the game or the SD card. Just curious. Its more than likely the game but I just wanted to make sure.

LSDX

Wah!
=/ I hate furries and being compared to one. I just really liked the armored Sonic and Silver, not to mention unleashed day time stages felt so amazing like going back to adventure and adventure 2 days...which the werehog ruined.
I hate fans who feel obligated to make useless fan-characters to clog up an already cluttered franchise (i.e. Wave). When I heard Sonic the Hedgehog 4 was featuring just Sonic (and most likely Robotnik), I had a rush of empowerment which delivered a spiritual slap to all the new-agers.

Looking back, SA1&2 aren't all that amazing in my opinion. Sonic Unleashed's (PS3/360) daytime levels run over both those games by 10,000 miles and then some.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I hate fans who feel obligated to make useless fan-characters to clog up an already cluttered franchise (i.e. Wave). When I heard Sonic the Hedgehog 4 was featuring just Sonic (and most likely Robotnik), I had a rush of empowerment which delivered a spiritual slap to all the new-agers.

Looking back, SA1&2 aren't all that amazing in my opinion. Sonic Unleashed's (PS3/360) daytime levels run over both those games by 10,000 miles and then some.
Not all those games were terrible you know. After adventure 2 it kinda died but its not the cast i see as an issue. Its the game makers that are making it more like a horrible fan fic. Mario has a diverse cast so I think its fair enough to do the same with sonic. After all, no one complained when they made Wario / put him in brawl as well as the people working on Waluigi here on Smash Boards. Whats wrong with another hedgehog or so? Its the stories that are suckage. Seriously wtf is a werehog?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
By making the file size too big you mean for the game or the SD card. Just curious. Its more than likely the game but I just wanted to make sure.
The game. Of course, I could only do the head, but the rest would have to be extreme texturing.

...what's all of this about new-agers? I've only had the new Sonic games, and they all SUCK! I don't really think much people at all like the newer games...

Suren

Smash Journeyman
The game. Of course, I could only do the head, but the rest would have to be extreme texturing.
Hmm...upload that file and lemme see if i can work some magic again.

Edit: If anyone has suggestions for a moveset feel free to post them. Ill take them into consideration when I work on the psa. Ive pretty much got the moveset down but I want to hear others suggestions.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have any suggestions at all that actually knows silver well enough?

Edit: Hey Mr. Weegee I just thought about something. Couldn't all of sonics blurs from his spin attacks and running blur could be deleted aswell? Maybe that might fix things up a bit.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Brawlshifter, the popgun is, I believe, loaded from the individual costume files. You'll have to edit that instead.

Also what Mr. Weegee quoted should work well for it -- I think you can even use more animations than are normally allowed by adding more Animation Data. Maybe.
Thanks a lot, I didn't know that.

I was thinking that too, hopefully it works.

EDIT: Wtf, how did I wind up writing so much about a silly cartoon hedgehog's storyline canon.
Because you're a debater, its in your blood. I can tell from all the posts I've seen from you...

"They were lazy"?

Is that seriously the best you could come up with Stoney? I'd expect something a lot more meaningful from you. -.o

But I'm not gonna get wrapped up in the same kind of stupid arguments the rest of the fanbase does. I'm sure you know fully well what I mean. XD

Whoever is making it, it's up to you. But if you don't make him fast, I WILL. So I'm happy either way. :3
What?

I think I just remembered why I stopped going to Sonic-related forums in the first place. You're trying to find some deep meaning behind everything, Wave; sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.
I would agree with Stoney- Silver should focus on his unique aspects; I would love to see Telekinesis related moves, as opposed to just Sonic with a new texture. Speed is Sonics thing; For Silver, it is telekinesis, and that should be emphasized.
Its not like it matters, the move set I've already got planned out. Yes he will be slower than Sonic, but aside the point all of you seem to forget the cut scenes on '06 as well as areas in the game with wide gaps. Silver used his telekinesis to travel great distances faster but limited by his energy, this means he is still slower than Sonic and has a cap for his speed, the only time I've seen Silver go faster than Sonic is in the very first Silver cut scene in '06, not like that matters because it was only one cut scene. I agree that Silver should be slow because speed is Sonic's thing not Silver's. Not a disadvantage as most of you guys know seeing as how Ike can easily kill people as slow as he is. Don't let speed bug you =/
Look who decided to assume everything. I'm not looking for any "deep meaning" at all. I figure I'm looking for less since I don't want that much change. -_-

I meant that you usually have a lot more to your points whenever you intervene in matters, according to what I've seen anyways, that's all. >.>

...And why "cigar"? Cigarette would be better since cigars are more rich, hence more deep. XD;

And I will let the speed bug me since I hate anything that's slow paced in a fast paced setting. Or sometimes just slow things in general. Don't mind me. :3
...but I would like to point out this isn't the debate hall.

It's too bad I can't do that, because that would be awesome.
You can do that.

-this post has been erased by myself-
You know you don't have to delete all of your posts, right?

I would also like to point out to all of you that this isn't the Sonic Discussion thread either.

I have to go right this second, so I didn't get a chance to respond to all the posts. As a note to myself, I left off at page 169.

LSDX

Wah!
Not all those games were terrible you know. After adventure 2 it kinda died but its not the cast i see as an issue. Its the game makers that are making it more like a horrible fan fic. Mario has a diverse cast so I think its fair enough to do the same with sonic. After all, no one complained when they made Wario / put him in brawl as well as the people working on Waluigi here on Smash Boards. Whats wrong with another hedgehog or so? Its the stories that are suckage. Seriously wtf is a werehog?
Why does everyone feel the need to compare Sonic to Mario? This ain't the 90's anymore, people need to grow up.

Waluigi is hysterical anyway, there's my defense for him, regardless~

...what's all of this about new-agers? I've only had the new Sonic games, and they all SUCK! I don't really think much people at all like the newer games...
You'd be surprised...

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I realize it really wasn't supposed to be a debate but its settled now.

Edit: @mcsnapple

And Shadow is emo, whats your excuse? People have been claiming sonic to have outlived his time when clearly Mario seems to be out living Sonic. Give me an answer to that one. The need to compare Sonic to Mario is due to the fact people try to argue the statement of times two best mascots. People argue over retro all the time and I still think Sonic wins the Retro Era.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

...I don't even know who the hell you are and you're bashing on me on false accusations? Great. What's this world coming to? >_>

Ignoring the fact that you're just another close-minded retro*** that's the current main problem with the fanbase, the hedgehog in my avy is actually just my character drawn in Sonic style rather than a humanoid (Or..elf technically? O_o) being. I draw all kinds of weird crap like that. But I don't have time to be bothered by a failed attempt at an insult. Go along your merry way please.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
...I don't even know who the hell you are and you're bashing on me on false accusations? Great. What's this world coming to? >_>

Ignoring the fact that you're just another close-minded retro*** that's the current main problem with the fanbase, the hedgehog in my avy is actually just my character drawn in Sonic style rather than a humanoid (Or..elf technically? O_o) being. I draw all kinds of weird crap like that. But I don't have time to be bothered by a failed attempt at an insult. Go along your merry way please.
Theres nothing wrong with your Avi, nothings wrong with furries, Sonic fanbase isnt an issue. The issue is that Sega runs Sonic Team like its a horrible fan fic production team. As much as I hate being compared to a furry its not really their fault Sonic Team sucks at making decisions.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
This thread is about to implode.
Agreed. Can we all please get back on subject.

Edit: Unless all of you want to make a Jet the Hawk model hack out of sonic and truly bring the world to an end. (God do I ever hate that bird)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Theres nothing wrong with your Avi, nothings wrong with furries, Sonic fanbase isnt an issue. The issue is that Sega runs Sonic Team like its a horrible fan fic production team. As much as I hate being compared to a furry its not really their fault Sonic Team sucks at making decisions.
Oh please. My friend, we're all the blame. Can't say it any more simple than that.

But Snapple's right, so let's get back on whatever topic we were on XD;

I'll be sending up a PM later on some ideas for Silver's moveset. Just give me a little while to formulate some good ideas that shouldn't overpower him.

Edit: Keep that annoying green chicken out of our Brawl for the sake of what little sanity we have left. X_x

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Oh please. My friend, we're all the blame. Can't say it any more simple than that.

But Snapple's right, so let's get back on whatever topic we were on XD;

I'll be sending up a PM later on some ideas for Silver's moveset. Just give me a little while to formulate some good ideas that shouldn't overpower him.
Aside that point, I still blame sega.

On topic discussion, Others who can think of a good moveset for silver. Any more suggestions?

Edit: Trust me I hate that ******** Jet the **** as much as you do.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Thank you McSnapple. Do YOU have a suggestion for a moveset, or anyone else for that matter?

What about Tails?

humble

Smash Ace
I think it would be helpful Suren if you posted the moveset you plan to make so that we can give feedback and suggest ideas and changes.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be helpful Suren if you posted the moveset you plan to make so that we can give feedback and suggest ideas and changes.
I agree. I have some suggestions, but I don't want to take up space in the thread if they are duplicates.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I have 2 questions not related to the Silver thing.

Firstly: Would it be possible to put Lyn over Marth since he has many useful animations for that. Or does Lyn have too few bones?

Secondly: How come nobody works on Waddle Doo? That could be one hella good character! :D

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, Ill have my moveset posted in a bit, I just woke up.

Top Bottom