• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Even if you fixed it, I'll explain anyway ^^;. I'll use an example. FOREXAMPLE. You open Silver.brres (or whatever.) do what you do to the model to place it on sonic, and then go back to Silver.brres, export his textures, and import them into Sonic's texture data keeping the names of the files the same.
His texture files are on my computer for whenever i need them. I saved them for such an occation so yes i have his proper textures.

Edit: Found out why the 2nd head spawns. Its because silvers head is mapped over the spin attack ball model, it spawns between his legs because thats where the model is placed. Also , silvers ears need textured onto his fur texture, i need to find out where the ears are placed.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
His texture files are on my computer for whenever i need them. I saved them for such an occation so yes i have his proper textures.

Edit: Found out why the 2nd head spawns. Its because silvers head is mapped over the spin attack ball model, it spawns between his legs because thats where the model is placed.
I figured that was the cause. Can that be changed? Also, select a different costume sonic while you have Fitsonic00.pcs and FitSonic.pac It's rather funny.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I figured that was the cause. Can that be changed? Also, select a different costume sonic while you have Fitsonic00.pcs and FitSonic.pac It's rather funny.
When I make silvers psa his spindash wont be on his attacks so that error shouldnt occur. And yes, thats how I came up with the idea to use sonics eyes on silver. Does anyone want to help me find the placement of silvers ears on his texture? im having an issue finding it.

Edit: ...Ok even worse issue, The ear texture thing i dont know how to fix. Because of the silver fur wrap around it may be an even worse issue that his ears may be coming from another part of his body that if i texture it will show up in two places.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
When I make silvers psa his spindash wont be on his attacks so that error shouldnt occur. And yes, thats how I came up with the idea to use sonics eyes on silver. Does anyone want to help me find the placement of silvers ears on his texture? im having an issue finding it.
I'm rather lost with what you're going to do with sonic's eyes on silver. I mean, I read all the posts but I still don't get it :l. Could you explain it to me please?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I'm rather lost with what you're going to do with sonic's eyes on silver. I mean, I read all the posts but I still don't get it :l. Could you explain it to me please?
Alright when you select sonics other textures when the silver head is on didnt you notice how well it fits? You can make sonics entire head model except for eyes, eyelids, and muzzle still there. There for replacing Silvers eyes because of the texture error that wont allow his eyes on because of the texture wrap around.

Edit: In other words...you can only have either his fur or eyes and its easier to just forget about his eyes and keep the fur texture.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Alright when you select sonics other textures when the silver head is on didnt you notice how well it fits? You can make sonics entire head model except for eyes, eyelids, and muzzle still there. There for replacing Silvers eyes because of the texture error that wont allow his eyes on because of the texture wrap around.

Edit: In other words...you can only have either his fur or eyes and its easier to do his eyes.
Ohhh, alright I get it now. Go for it mango.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Weegee I noticed i had freezing when i uploaded one of those textures StarWaffle had because he did something to a mask over sonic. Its taken care of and i think your Silver should be fine.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Just a couple suggestions for the Tails moveset:

I figure Tails would be the Megaman Volnutt/Trigger of the game, for those of you who have played Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Has a tool for everything and can do quite well at all ranges if you know what you're doing, and is an absolutely amazing character if you can master him... which is freaking hard to do.

-He should have that little plasma cannon thing he had in Sonic Battle.

-His recovery should be incredible. Up-B is free-flight where he can use certain attacks (such as dropping bombs) during it, but it has a short duration (like 2 seconds, or 3-4 if he can't move that fast). Should have multiple air-jumps, and can use his tails to hover (like how Peach can float) for about 3 seconds.

-Should be kind of light, but this goes without saying.

-His walk speed should be the same as Sonic's, and his dash should have instant acceleration (although his skid-turn should make him slide a decent distance). His dash speed should be slower than Sonic's, but still faster than everyone else.

-Given how Trigger-like his moveset possibilities are, he should definitely have some large combo capability, but it needs to revolve around proper use of his many assets. I know fighting games function differently, but as an example Megaman Trigger needs to swap weapons often (which is basically instantaneous) to have his combos work, but once you get the hang of it he is a complete and utter beast. Tails should be the same way, although he probably won't switch weapons so much as just use a different b-move at different parts of his combos.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I can clarify a bit more if need be.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
@StarWaffle

Youre pretty good with texture placement right? Can you help me find the inside of silvers ear so i can texture in the tanish skin.

Edit: Im not going to throw my imput in on the whole tails moveset. Im only in to help get Silver and Tails textures working properly and finish up silvers PSA.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
yeah I could do that but his head dosnt show up in brawl box.
Youll have to find Silvers head model in the FitSonic.pac Its under EffSonicSpinWind. But what im asking is if you can find it within his fur texture because his other texture that has his eyes also has his ear. Sense that is the case it wont show up on the silver head.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
k let me try.

So um, i need to find the placement of his ears in the same texture as his fur/shoes.

Or is it in the other one with the bottom of his hand and mouth n stuff? cuz i thought you were going to make that texture transparent

Suren

Smash Journeyman
k let me try.

So um, i need to find the placement of his ears in the same texture as his fur/shoes.

Or is it in the other one with the bottom of his hand and mouth n stuff? cuz i thought you were going to make that texture transparent
Alright im going to show you what i mean. Brb.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Just a couple suggestions for the Tails moveset:

I figure Tails would be the Megaman Volnutt/Trigger of the game, for those of you who have played Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Has a tool for everything and can do quite well at all ranges if you know what you're doing, and is an absolutely amazing character if you can master him... which is freaking hard to do.

-He should have that little plasma cannon thing he had in Sonic Battle.

-His recovery should be incredible. Up-B is free-flight where he can use certain attacks (such as dropping bombs) during it, but it has a short duration (like 2 seconds, or 3-4 if he can't move that fast). Should have multiple air-jumps, and can use his tails to hover (like how Peach can float) for about 3 seconds.

-Should be kind of light, but this goes without saying.

-His walk speed should be the same as Sonic's, and his dash should have instant acceleration (although his skid-turn should make him slide a decent distance). His dash speed should be slower than Sonic's, but still faster than everyone else.

-Given how Trigger-like his moveset possibilities are, he should definitely have some large combo capability, but it needs to revolve around proper use of his many assets. I know fighting games function differently, but as an example Megaman Trigger needs to swap weapons often (which is basically instantaneous) to have his combos work, but once you get the hang of it he is a complete and utter beast. Tails should be the same way, although he probably won't switch weapons so much as just use a different b-move at different parts of his combos.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I can clarify a bit more if need be.
You should include some moves from Sonic the Fighters :).

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Just upload your current work and I'll see if youre sharing the same error as me.

Edit: If thats the case i may know how to fix tails aswell.
My Tails or Silver work?

Well, I've asked if you could tell me how you're doing this so I can attempt my own knuckles if you dont feel like doing it.
OK, long post time!

Take Knuckles's model and texture from the original STGGREENHILL.pac.

Replace effSonicSpinWind (guessed its name) in FitSonic.pac with Knuckles's model.

Get Knuckles's texture in either by importing or exporting and replacing.

Preview Knuckles's head in Brawlbox. In the first frame of the animation that his head uses, shrink down his body to a really small, non-zero size, like 1/100.

Increase his head's size by the same amount. You should have just a head now.

Make the animation REALLY long, so the head doesn't disappear, like 10,000 frames.

In the GFX section of Wait1, put in:

11150300: 0-number of GFX, 3-0, 3-1
Knuckles's head

And you should be set!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
My Tails or Silver work?

OK, long post time!

Take Knuckles's model and texture from the original STGGREENHILL.pac.

Replace effSonicSpinWind (guessed its name) in FitSonic.pac with Knuckles's model.

Get Knuckles's texture in either by importing or exporting and replacing.

Preview Knuckles's head in Brawlbox. In the first frame of the animation that his head uses, shrink down his body to a really small, non-zero size, like 1/100.

Increase his head's size by the same amount. You should have just a head now.

Make the animation REALLY long, so the head doesn't disappear, like 10,000 frames.

In the GFX section of Wait1, put in:

11150300: 0-number of GFX, 3-0, 3-1
Knuckles's head

And you should be set!
Thanks, I;ll give it a go later. How do I go about removing Sonic's head?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I;ll give it a go later. How do I go about removing Sonic's head?
Weegee Will tell you how to remove the head but Ill tell you right now you need to keep the eye lids, muzzle, and eyes in case the same thing happens to knux that happened to silver and tails which it likely will.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
I think I might try working on nintendog. I'm just having trouble getting it to work in brawl. I followed thunderspams guide but it just freezes after I select a stage.

Alses

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone I really need help with my pokemon over alloys and olimar project... I already have plans for the move with PSA (which is the only thing I'm good at) but I can't get the animations to work well and I can't find a way to get the models of characters I need and make them work...

Well anyway if someone wants to help or just make the whole project themselves then you can do it (just tell me about it)

So here is my project plan
Warning Huge post ahead(I can make the PSA part of any move I have planned)

Blaziken over Red alloy

NSpecial- Fire Blast(Animation will have Blaziken move his head forward, his hands back and have his mouth open)
SSpecial-Blaze Kick(Blaziken will do a back flip making him hit the enemy with one foot that is on fire)
USpecial-Sky Uppercut(Basically the same as Mario's Uspecial)
DSpecial-Fire Spin(Basically the same as meta knights NSpecial)
Ftilt-Metal claw( It should be something like kari lucario's Ftilt)
Utilt-Scratch(around the same as metal claw except Blazken Claws the foes over him)
Dtilt-Ember(Blaziken opens his mouth and shoots a liitle bit of fire downwards)
Fsmash-Double Kick(Blaziken does a sideways flip in the air hitting the enemies with his feet)
Usmash-ember(again)(Blaziken opens is mouth and shoots his fire over him(wherever he shoots his fire his head is pointed at the same direction just to be clear))
DSmash-low kick(Blaziken kicks the opponent(its very simple)
NAir-Blaze Kick(again)(blaziken does a front flip in the air hitting his opponents with his flaming foot(sweetspot causes spike)
FAir-High Jump Kick(Blaziken move slightly forward with his foot sticking out (it should be very fast))
BAir-Scratch(Blaziken turns his head and body slightly facing back and claws the enemies)
DAir-Metal Claw(metal claw except he hits downwards(does slight spike)
Dash Attack-tackle(he tackles the enemy like C.Falcon does)
The rest of the animations can be whatever you want.

Gonna continue Later

Ok time for more XD

Articuno(mini articuno) over green alloy (no model yet so no need to say anything yet)
Wartortle over yellow alloy(no model yet so no need to say anything yet)
Milotic over Blue Alloy(no model yet so you know the rest
Gardevoir over olimar I know theres someone already working on it so I won't say anything

melic67

Smash Cadet
I will post this here too. I need someone to hex edit Isaacs sword so it is just a sheath and give him Links sword(or any other sword.) So he will be able to have a sheath with the sword out. Thanks (If anyone is willing)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Edit: Stupid Firefox didn't load all the new pages... x_x

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
here you can see tails throwing bombs (B>) and using the hammer (A>)
you can also see how when he throws a bomb while coptering, he throws it straight down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9zrgVXcK1A&feature=related
for the love of god though mute the video, the narrator sucks)

here you can see the spin attack from adventure (B neutral) at about the 5min mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahrD_04H2JE

B^ should be copter, and if the whole deflecting deal like i talked about before is possible I'd add it but if not thats cool too :p

Bv should just be sonic's Bv

For a down smash I'd have him spin his tail around once like Popo does with his hammer

Idk why but an uppercut seems appropriate for an Up Smash, I know I've seen him do it somewhere lol

His standard A combo should stay the same as Sonic's too. The move comes from Sonic Fighters, and in that game Tails performs it identically to sonic

If you need ideas for random smashes or tilts, most of Sonics were taken from Sonic the Fighters

I have no idea for a Final Smash that would be programable, as Super Tails varies from Super Sonic by a wide margin. A transformation into his walker from Adventure 2 like fox into the landmaster would be epic, but good luck with that lol.

As a matter of fact, maybe you could just recolor the landmaster to look like the tornado... It'd be really fitting of tails even though were not in need of ANOTHER character with a landmaster lol.

These are just some ideas I have floating around, feel free to tell me they're horrible lol :p
I just wanted to "bump" this post so I could access it more easily.

Mr. Weegee, it loaded up fine for me. But no sonic eyes, muzzle or eye lids =/
Yeah, because my costume froze the game when I tried it...3 times.

I don't know if I con only keep the eyes, or if I'm doing it wrong...

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to "bump" this post so I could access it more easily.

Yeah, because my costume froze the game when I tried it...3 times.

I don't know if I con only keep the eyes, or if I'm doing it wrong...
Hmm...well how would i put them back on? or would you have to send me a file with them on because theyre deleted or what? Because im going to try a few methods out myself so I can take the project out of your hands so you can finish your tails project.

edit: The polygons that mostly need deleted are the traces around his spin attacks and running figure 8 blur.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
You can just get a fresh new Sonic; all you need is the model, and sadly, once they're deleted, they can't be brought back.

Top Bottom