• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Secondly: How come nobody works on Waddle Doo? That could be one hella good character! :D
AGREED! Best, Waddle, EVAR!
I actually tried to replace it right after i posted the post. But he doesn't seem to have enough bones for it, which makes him only able to have his own animation. Which can't fill out an whole moveset.

Edit: Well he may have enough bones though. Its just the fact that his animations bug. I am currently getting it fixed. Also he crashes game, i don't know if this is because the lag of some bones or his buggy animations but if i fix it i think i might work on him.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Alright heres the moveset I had planned:

Silvers Moveset

Silver A attacks will be just basic extensions of his telekinesis (kind of like Lucario with his aura) Its not to hard to think of how it works. Ill do either attacks that fit silver or custom animations.

Neutral B ~ Stun Chop - This move can be charged but it takes a while. It stuns just the same as Zero Suit Samus's stun style, it only stuns longer if you charged it. Ill have to test to see what times are fair for the attack. If enemy is already stunned it launches a very short distance, not very far, unless it has been charged. It will work alot like Ike and Marths Charge style.

Forward B ~ Heart of Wind - Just like in Sonic '06. Silver had a quick dash ability that got him some distances faster but he couldnt do it repeatedly without depleting his gauge. This will be alot like Fox and Falcos Illusion attack.

Down B ~ Shock Bracelet - Again, from Sonic '06. This is more of an area of effect deal. If an enemy is within your range front back above or anywhere around you as long as they're extremely close, you will stun them as long as you're on the ground the same way that his B stun works but this move cant charge so it cant get any stronger. If Silver is in the air when he does this he will do a small spin and fall faster to land and do his original attack. (Or he does it in the air, what do you guys think? In 06 he fell and did this move.)

Up B ~ Im still debating this one.

Grabs/throws ~ Silvers grabs and throws will all be telekinetic related like how mewtwos worked in melee.

Final Smash ~ ITS NO USE! TAKE THIS! - (ROFL) This is more of an inside joke but really the only thing i can do because a super form for silver would just make him a clone and i couldnt do it anyways. Theres no way to texture silvers head without it effecting every silver head model. The Idea of this move is that its like Kirbys Cook ability, if its in range of you he will grab everyone in his range as well as items and other objects and launch them. The objects will be launched likely hitting others who werent caught by the telekinesis.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
so, with this technique... is it possible to cut off trophy heads and put them on different characters
the body can always be csomehow changed, to make it more like the characters body (example: Daisy's head on peach's body)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
so, with this technique... is it possible to cut off trophy heads and put them on different characters
the body can always be csomehow changed, to make it more like the characters body (example: Daisy's head on peach's body)

The head would have some animation problems i guess but else i think it would have a chance of working

Edit: Now that i think of it. It would by awesome for the Mewtwo character being maked!

Suren

Smash Journeyman
The head would have some animation problems i guess but else i think it would have a chance of working

Edit: Now that i think of it. It would by awesome for the Mewtwo character being maked!
As cool as that would be, you can only replace so much. Animations like you said would be glitchy because animations cant be added to such things like trophies or background character body parts. Think of it more like this, they made Roy using Isaacs hair and texturing it red. All they did was place it on marths head and make his hair transparent and there you go you have Roy.

You would literally have to place every last part of the said character onto a model to make it work. And even then it might not work, because of file size it may be near impossible. So the best you can do is take the head off a trophy, find a model, then put it on someone close to that characters look and texture it up a bit and if needed do a little model editing in brawl box for custom animations that fit that character.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
As cool as that would be, you can only replace so much. Animations like you said would be glitchy because animations cant be added to such things like trophies or background character body parts. Think of it more like this, they made Roy using Isaacs hair and texturing it red. All they did was place it on marths head and make his hair transparent and there you go you have Roy.

You would literally have to place every last part of the said character onto a model to make it work. And even then it might not work, because of file size it may be near impossible. So the best you can do is take the head off a trophy, find a model, then put it on someone close to that characters look and texture it up a bit and if needed do a little model editing in brawl box for custom animations that fit that character.
Yeah, but for Mewtwo, we already have a really good vertex-edited body. All we need is the trophy's head in place of Lucario's head. Unless the trophy models work differently than Tails' and Silver's, I don't see a reason why that wouldn't work.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but for Mewtwo, we already have a really good vertex-edited body. All we need is the trophy's head in place of Lucario's head. Unless the trophy models work differently than Tails' and Silver's, I don't see a reason why that wouldn't work.
We didnt use trophies for silver and tails. They were in green hill zone so we used their background models. So likely they do work different. Although I looked into the trophy models and they are the same files as the green hill files with some minor alterations.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
...I have no idea what to do now. Perhaps someone else should do the polygon deleting, because it's fairly easy.

...I didn't see that post until now. Sorry if you thought I ignored you.

My only problem is that Knuckles has much less similarities to Sonic than Tails and Silver.He has the gloves, cleats, and head. And for each one of them, I'd have to make a separate GFX, which would make the file size too big.

I wouldn't mind texturing a Knuckles... Perhaps even a few animations. Could you still do this for me? Hell, I may as well just do the vertext thing for his gloves... I won't really mind if you end up not doing it.

@Above, did you test it in game? Or are you just showin' yo textures again?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Does anyone here know how to remove stage parts? I need to get rid of the platforms in Skyworld for a stage I'm making.

As you can see, they're a bit intrusive where they are.

Also, once it has a couple attacks, I might make an alpha release of ROB Rocket.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

no more gray o.o just in case anyone wanted to see.

I still think the gray is cool though

Suren

Smash Journeyman

no more gray o.o just in case anyone wanted to see.

I still think the gray is cool though
Well silver will need alternate costumes so why dont you take that one into consideration =D . His fur will have to remain gray due to his model only being one color so it will be like a sonic situation. New arm bands and stuff. You can use that gray on one if you'd like =3

Ok now thats odd...I loaded up Waffles texture plus the one where Silvers fur wraps on his head and now it wont load on stage selection. Maybe the fur texture has something to do with the error.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well silver will need alternate costumes so why dont you take that one into consideration =D . His fur will have to remain gray due to his model only being one color so it will be like a sonic situation. New arm bands and stuff. You can use that gray on one if you'd like =3

Ok now thats odd...I loaded up Waffles texture plus the one where Silvers fur wraps on his head and now it wont load on stage selection. Maybe the fur texture has something to do with the error.
Weird. I wouldnt think it would make any issue... but, try extracting Waffle's texture and placing it on your working model (Would you mind linking me the needed files?)

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Weird. I wouldnt think it would make any issue... but, try extracting Waffle's texture and placing it on your working model (Would you mind linking me the needed files?)
it will be a bit. Hold on

Edit: It was working just a few mins ago, then i put on those new textures, no really big changes just textures and it didnt load.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Once I'm done with Silver there is another project I have in mind but IDK if i should do it.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well, it works in game now, but his head is still floatin' and theres a little teeny body attatched. Also, the textures thing isn't fixed yet. JUST SAYIN'. Not trying to restate anything, but, these are just my findings.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Well, it works in game now, but his head is still floatin' and theres a little teeny body attatched. Also, the textures thing isn't fixed yet. JUST SAYIN'. Not trying to restate anything, but, these are just my findings.
From what i saw it was just another silver head attatched randomly during some frames of animation. His head did float. There was alot of bug fixes that weegee already fixed but his is likely still freezing from what i said earlier.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Ill bite, what project is that?
It may not sound apealing to any of you but I wanted to do a tribute to McLeod Gaming for smash flash by doing a Sonic into Blue the Swordsman Hedgehog with moveset along with a stage and music.

McLeod Gaming is the whole reason I ever wanted other characters in smash brothers. It kinda gave me a bit of hope back then for things like sonic in brawl. It only seems fair to give back that feeling by putting a fan character of theirs into the game. Just my opinion.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
It may not sound apealing to any of you but I wanted to do a tribute to McLeod Gaming for smash flash by doing a Sonic into Blue the Swordsman Hedgehog with moveset along with a stage and music.

McLeod Gaming is the whole reason I ever wanted other characters in smash brothers. It kinda gave me a bit of hope back then for things like sonic in brawl. It only seems fair to give back that feeling by putting a fan character of theirs into the game. Just my opinion.
Very similarly I've been considering a Knight of the Wind Sonic lol

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Very similarly I've been considering a Knight of the Wind Sonic lol
Yea but my project involves alot more model editing. Blue may look alot like sonic but has spine difrences and has atire different to that of sonic.

Silver Notice: I tested out the texture of my fur idea and a new problem occured. The dreaded tails texture issue now has become part of silver. He is picking up textures from all over the place, even his own spring. Ill find a way to fix it shortly.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
yeah lol, during upsmash theres a 2nd head sitting on the ground
Lol, that's not what I was poking at, but , yeah that too. What I was intending on saying is... Pause the game, zoom in to his head and scroll down a tad. A little baby silver body is there lol.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
yeah lol, during upsmash theres a 2nd head sitting on the ground
Even worse now. His head is picking up textures from all the stages for me now. I have no clue why. It even picks up his spring texture.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Even worse now. His head is picking up textures from all the stages for me now. I have no clue why. It even picks up his spring texture.
I know this sounds stupid but... did you import Silver's texture data from wherever you got him from?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
What do you mean?

edit : Nvm i fixed the issue.
Even if you fixed it, I'll explain anyway ^^;. I'll use an example. FOREXAMPLE. You open Silver.brres (or whatever.) do what you do to the model to place it on sonic, and then go back to Silver.brres, export his textures, and import them into Sonic's texture data keeping the names of the files the same.

Top Bottom