• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
as far as a i know, there isn't limited registration. but now that you mention it, i definitely wanna double check. i'll ask strife next time i see him on fb.
good **** in our dittos at battle grounds. your use of falling Uairs was pretty sick. you should totally hit up Sudden Death this weekend too. its looking like there'll be a pretty nice turn out.

SHFFMC are pretty tough to do. definitely took me forever to get good at them. i really recommend practicing them though. they totally **** in the marth/sheik/fox/ice climber matchups.

Violence

Smash Lord
Wait, wtf.

So apparently,

Me
AntoPark
ThePrime
HugQ
and Geist

all play Magic the Gathering at various levels of competitiveness.

What is it about Samus players and Magic?

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what exactly can cause you to lose your charge shot? i know you lose it if you're hit during the start-up frames of the shooting animation. but you also lose it if you're hit too hard or at too high of a percent? just wondering

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
Damn I feel like playing Metroid Prime all of a sudden. Time to whip out my Metroid Prime Trilogy set ^_^ Does anyone else have this awesome collector's item?

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
sadly i do not own that awesome collector's item. but i agree, the prime trilogy is great.
also, i haven't played super metroid. metroid zero mission, the remake of the original, has been my favorite.

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
I haven't ran through Super Metroid either. I got through a lot of it but then I got stuck and played some other game. I love your avatar man, Metroid Fusion is one of my all time favorite games

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Metroid Prime > Echoes > Viva Pinata > Corruption

EDIT: Goddamn how long it took me to beat Echoes, but Prime was always my favorite.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
yea, echoes was rough for me. lol that echo visor.

lol, viva pinata > corruption. i kinda liked corruption, but i agree that prime is the best.

metroid fusion was awesome, i wish it was longer!

Damn I feel like playing Metroid Prime all of a sudden. Time to whip out my Metroid Prime Trilogy set ^_^
playing mp1 with mp3 controls was so sick.
also, i haven't played super metroid
dude, bro, you have to pl-
I haven't ran through Super Metroid either.
BRO

SUPER METROID

it's what made me dream about what metroid prime 1 could have been. if you find yourself wanting to play it some time, i'd suggest playing the first 15 minutes and seeing what you think - the game is basically an extension of what you'll see within that.

idk man echo visor in the second prime was straight up filthy lol
talk about filthy, dat annihilation beam

also, favorite room was in mp1, you go through a tree branch and down a tunnel. anyone guess?

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
ok, so i'll def have to play super metroid. soon. i can't be missing out on an awesome metroid game.

so, i'm my gameplay recently i've noticed that when i get a dair on an oppenent and they bounce up off the ground, i usually follow up with a nair. the nair knocks them too far away for anything else though. at lower percents on fast-fallers should i maybe do uair or fair to start a combo and deal more damage? i just feel that i should be dealing more damage/punishing harder when i get in with a dair (or anything).

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
Just go for style points and bomb nair every time. Your opponent will come to acknowledge your superiority

:phone:
thats what i'm missing! perfect. i think i also need to incorporate more taunting. i had a great SWD into missing charge shot yesterday...should've taunted.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
ok, so i'll def have to play super metroid. soon. i can't be missing out on an awesome metroid game.

so, i'm my gameplay recently i've noticed that when i get a dair on an oppenent and they bounce up off the ground, i usually follow up with a nair. the nair knocks them too far away for anything else though. at lower percents on fast-fallers should i maybe do uair or fair to start a combo and deal more damage? i just feel that i should be dealing more damage/punishing harder when i get in with a dair (or anything).
It mostly depends on two things: Position and percent. Imo it's more threatening to put them in a worse position than it is to just follow up with something mediocre. Building percent is important but ideally you would much rather kill them off a dair follow up.

So to be more specific, first ask yourself if the dair sets up a bad position (will they land on a platform above me? Did I land the dair near a ledge?). If they land on a platform just tech chase them with a dair, they have no where to go but just make sure you cover the tech in place but in most cases you can cover all options, just have to play reactive in situations like that so you can follow up (dont let their timings throw you off!). And the idea here is that if you follow up with another dair you can ask yourself those two questions again, and the result is that you'll get MUCH MORE DAMAGE out of it than if you just did dair to nair or something. Keep that string going and try to get a stock out of it !

A dair near the ledge can lead to them dying. Remember, dair has so much hitstun so you have the time to think about your follow up. If u connect a hit near the ledge your follow up move should be anything that sends them off stage so that you can set up an edgeguard. Dair to sweet spot bair is a great example just watch for that double jump and punish it. Bomb nair is swag, and if it sends them off stage now you're swag and efficient, welcome to samus.

If you're center stage, no platforms, then just focus on building percent. I think (?) if all 5 fair bursts hit it can do up to 23% if it's non stale. OUCH. But like I said it all depends, if you get a dair center stage at low percent you can opt for a tech chase with dsmash if you know that the result will send him away from the stage or closer to the ledge. Duck where u at. Low percent dairs can also lead in to a mid air throw, since samus' arm canon has a throw hitbox you can snatch them right out of the dair and then follow up from a throw.

Low percent dair in to uptilt is nice too

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I don't think I've played any metroid games other than the ds one for like 3 minutes.
Pick up a copy of Metroid Prime for GC. It's kinda short compared to the other greats IMO but still a great game. If you want something fast but not Metroid related pick up Corruption. I beat it in about 6 hours no lie.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
lol, i do love samus, but she is just too slow.
If you play her right, Samus can actually be quite fast. :cool:

Don't forget to tech chase with dsmash and grabs if your opponent lands on a plat. Both can lead into very disgusting setups and/or kills. Oh, and obviously missile and charge shot tech-chases are awesome! You also have bomb resets.

Van.

Smash Ace
fox but

samus is just so ****ing dope

might have to play her exclusively from this point forward tbh

she's so fun in teams to just live for like EVER and your team mate can't complain about you having 0 kos after the match because you're just like "**** you man i was the stock tank you get the ko's step ya game up hater"

also avoids the stress of letting your team mate down by getting gimped/death comboed in two seconds at any given moment

yeah this character is the bomb, **** spacies and their broad appeal to the masses

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Sorry for the double post, but I would like to advertise a Melee and Project M tournament that we're having at Stony Brook University. You know, about a year ago, I believed that a friend of mine and I were the only Sami on LI and that there were only a couple more in all of NY. I have since been proven wrong, and I would like all of you to come to this tournament and represent SAMUS! :)

The link to the official tournament thread is here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=329148

Check it out! ;)

Van.

Smash Ace
And I just love pickin' off foes who are harassing my teammate with well-placed missiles and charged shots. My regular doubles teammate is a Jiggs and we've been playin' together for years, so he's really good at weaving thru the missiles. :)
DUDE my doubles team mate is a jiggs too

gnarly

Top Bottom