• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

duals

Smash Journeyman
Funny Story time...

Was at a friends house training and it was my turn. This friend was wrecking everyone and Ive personally never beat him before (he plays fox).

I ended up beating him on his last stock by doing that bomb through Corneria glitch. Don't think I've ever heard such an uproar at that house. lol

p.s they merged 64 and melee? >.>

Pi

Smash Hero
Funny Story time...

Was at a friends house training and it was my turn. This friend was wrecking everyone and Ive personally never beat him before (he plays fox).

I ended up beating him on his last stock by doing that bomb through Corneria glitch. Don't think I've ever heard such an uproar at that house. lol

p.s they merged 64 and melee? >.>
they trolling us pretty hard atm
'ur game equally insignificant now lolz, play real game plz'

Geist

Smash Master
They moved it because 64 section wanted their own section, so they compromised. It's more about acknowledging 64 than what it has to do with us.

Okay, funny stories...
I was playing this Marth one time, I was at my last life, recovering towards the stage with bomb jumps juuuuust out of reach. He decides to go for a suicide kill and jumps way out there and hits me with a Dair, but as I'm falling from the spike I hit my bomb, cancelling the momentum.
I ended up losing the match later anyways, but still.

Anyone see shadowclaw 4 yet?

Pluplue

Smash Ace
They moved it because 64 section wanted their own section, so they compromised. It's more about acknowledging 64 than what it has to do with us.

Okay, funny stories...
I was playing this Marth one time, I was at my last life, recovering towards the stage with bomb jumps juuuuust out of reach. He decides to go for a suicide kill and jumps way out there and hits me with a Dair, but as I'm falling from the spike I hit my bomb, cancelling the momentum.
I ended up losing the match later anyways, but still.

Anyone see shadowclaw 4 yet?
snap thats awesome same exact thing happened to me when I was playing my brother a few days ago... I think you have to be at a fairly low percent for your bomb to hit you out of it though.

Violence

Smash Lord
I think the only reason percents matter is because at higher percents you'll be sent too far down to quickly, avoiding the bomb.

Bombs cancel pretty much anything aerial you're doing, I think.

duals

Smash Journeyman
Bombs can stop the momentum of a ****ing train.. no joke

I hate it when blowtoes' story is reversed, where i hit them down and my bomb stops them. =|

Geist

Smash Master
loooool
yeah that sucks.

Anyone ever have a match where for some reason SWD works EVERY time? Oh man it feels so good. I'm just like 'look at me imma super saiyan loooooool' *zooooomm*

DarrellD

Smash Ace
It works until the upthrow kills them or they slam there controller on the ground out of frustration

Violence

Smash Lord
Someday I'm going to record chain throwing Foxes with Uthrow... it happens sometimes in friendlies, but I never get it recorded...

So apparently according to Noobking I might be the best Samus in BC... kinda sad about that. Get your *** over here, Blowtoes, I need someone to learn from.

****, now I miss Darrell and his random advice.

"SPACE IT, for ****'s sake, Eric... how are you not spacing every attack!?"

<3

Geist

Smash Master
So apparently according to Noobking I might be the best Samus in BC... kinda sad about that. Get your *** over here, Blowtoes, I need someone to learn from.
Really? I thought Patooty played Samus again, and he's like 5th on their PR, and easily the best Samus in Canada.
*shrugs*
I'll get down there and whip you into shape loooool

My semester starts November 11th, but I might be down there as early as the 6th.

resTy

Smash Champion
I've been gettin wrecked against Falco players, even the bad ones.
Dunno how to deal with spaced Dair and Bair.
I swear all they have to do is land one of those moves and its auto 20-50%.
This is my worst match-up by a long shot. Help please!

Geist

Smash Master
If they start spacing hardcore, (like when they hit you and CC Dtilt/Dmash doesn't reach) WD back into Dsmash/Dtilt when they approach instead. WD OoS helps a lot when dealing with Falcos that approach with lasers.

Do you have videos?

resTy

Smash Champion
I haven't had a recent video in a year or something lol. Nebraska don't do recording anymore since our dude who was in charge of that stuff quit a while ago.

And the thing I'm having problems with is that during that match up, I either try to wavedash back and get clipped by Dair or I try to wavedash oos and a laser hits me and I'm all disoriented and get hit. I just don't really understand the match up anymore or something. I try to jab Falco a lot but it always gets ***** by CC -> random move and since I never commit to any Smash moves I throw, I usually get hit. I hate Smash moves now, I hardly ever use them anymore because if I hit shield, consider my stock gone. I'm trying to mix up with grabs because my crew always just shields since they know Samus can't do balls versus shield -.- I dunno what the problem is. Dair though. That move pisses me off so much at how easy it is to get % if you land with one. It almost looks like it doesn't require skill sometimes lol.

Geist

Smash Master
Well if they clip you with Dair or whatever when you wavedash back, they're either overshooting it or you're wavedashing back too late. How does UpB OoS work against them?

Honestly, I'm terrible at describing these sort of things lmao... to me it just seems like the more I play the better I get at doing the things I'm already doing. The most effective thing in that MU is just experience imo, and knowing when and how to do something is just as important as knowing what to do.
At least that's the way I see it, again, I'm not great at translating what I do in game effectively into words...

Whenever I'm stuck in a position like this I watch vids of HugS or someone and look for similar situations and how they deal with it.

resTy

Smash Champion
All I watch is HugS lol. I think I am just too scared against Falco.
I need to get over this, but it's so hard.

Violence

Smash Lord
resTy, I have the same problem. It's the reason why Blunted Object ***** me so hard, I think. I think another weapon you have is to get on a platform, then drop down with a missile with the right timing. You can use the lull in the lasers your missile creates to approach.

According to locals, Patooty moved off of Samus, and whenever he uses Samus, he loses to people he shouldn't lose to.

Geist

Smash Master
Yo guys! What's up..I was on the P:M thread and i found a vid of wes playing samus. Idk, all of her melee physics have been ported to brawl samus, but she seems a little off, might need alittle more fixing up. Anyway here is the vid of wes vs dark peach..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Qvm6J0xXk
P:M... I'm optimistic about it, but I'm not interested until they have a definite and tangeble product. At the moment they're just gaining hype by saying 'look we have cool players playing our game, isn't it awesome?'
And I don't want to keep up since videos are outdated within weeks.

According to locals, Patooty moved off of Samus, and whenever he uses Samus, he loses to people he shouldn't lose to.
Aw man, I was hoping for a challenge for the title of best Samus in Canada.
Well I guess it's just Omni standing in my way now. :p

resTy

Smash Champion
Last time I played Project: M's Samus, all I remember is that Samus' jab didn't feel like it gave any reward. Jab canceling didn't even help. I just got shield grabbed even when I spaced well. Ftilt also felt like it wasn't worth using. I just ended up playing a super duper aggressive Samus because it worked out a lot better than trying to imitate my Melee strat, which is relatively campy.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Last time I played Project: M's Samus, all I remember is that Samus' jab didn't feel like it gave any reward. Jab canceling didn't even help. I just got shield grabbed even when I spaced well. Ftilt also felt like it wasn't worth using. I just ended up playing a super duper aggressive Samus because it worked out a lot better than trying to imitate my Melee strat, which is relatively campy.
Oddly enough I didn't notice this.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
I dont think the samus metagame applies for any other game except melee.
64, melee, brawl, and prject M all have different physics, so shouldnt samus be played differently in each one?

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah but they apparently directly translated melee's physics engine, so it shouldn't feel that different. The problem comes from the different properties Brawl has that isn't derived from the physics engine. Like ****ing super armor on grabs, but I think they got rid of that.

Their goal is to make them as similar as possible, but their metagame will still branch subtly depending on small things.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I don't know why, but I thought you guys were really using Melee Samus strats on "The Other M".

I gotta remember project M =/= Other M

abcool

Smash Ace
I think the reason falco might feel a bit better is because of landing detection. In melee characters landed on their knees, in project m they land on their feet. I would guess that takes away alot from samus like missile canceling and other techniques she would be able to use. I was gonna ask them to put a better window on swd, so if we have to sacrifice grapple canceling, we would atleast have that to compensate for it. Yes, I wanted to know how the upb felt to u resty? Better than melee's?

abcool

Smash Ace
I don't think they are taking it out. I think it's just hard to code. Wes said he wasn't able to do it. They also can't fix the tethers to work anywhere else, but by the ledge. I am guessing we would have to find a new style for samus.

Edit: Landing detection is gonna be fixed, just don't know when. I think it is gonna be fixed after the clone engine. Characters that are returning are: Roy,pichu and mewtwo. I think that is who they are working on atm and those characters are getting some upgrades so they won't suck.

Geist

Smash Master
I keep up with the general stuff, a friend forced me to make a smashmods account lol.

As for the tether, what do you mean by "they can't fix it to work anywhere else, but by the ledge"? Does this mean you just can't grapple anywhere on the stage but the ledge?

abcool

Smash Ace
Yes. Only the ledge can be grappled. So that limits samus by alot. The bomb jumps look really slow aswell.

I think samus might need the same make over as marth as in needing her animations fixed. Even though they ported marth str8 from melee, he still need animation fixes on his sword attacks. I guess they need samus mains to give feedback on certain aspects of her, but sadly no one has access to the game, surely not here in the bahamas for one. What about where u at?

Top Bottom